Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-29-2014, 09:59 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
The current Cavs with a healthy Andy are better than every team in the West aside from SAS, OKC, and maybe LAC. They're better than HOU, POR, and GS.
You mean the guy who has never played an 82 game season in 10 years, and expect him healthy?
Old 07-29-2014, 10:02 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The current Cavs with a healthy Andy are better than every team in the West aside from SAS, OKC, and maybe LAC. They're better than HOU, POR, and GS.
You horribly overrate Kyrie and saying what Varejao, even a healthy Varejao, is going to be in 2014 is not really evidence based.
Old 07-29-2014, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys are funny tonight.
Old 07-29-2014, 10:05 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
You guys are funny tonight.
Soon, Rob, soon Rose will make you BO-LIEVE!

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 10:05 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
OK. So, I said as is. So Love to the Cavs is out. As far as the Bulls....meh. I have no idea who Rose is now. If he's not a star, they're not beating the Warriors/Rockets and above and teams like Portland would give them a dogfight.

I mean...most decent analysts seem to agree with me. Weak at the top, deep in the middle seems to be the consensus for the East.
Who needs a star to win a title..is Manu a star? Is Duncan still a star? No tony Parker closest thing and tbh he is fading but a top 5 pg no doubt. Analysts ..analyze they don't know anything. Lebron with a real pg to me is dangerous. Could take time (a year) but he will get it together.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 10:07 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
Who needs a star to win a title..is Manu a star? Is Duncan still a star? No tony Parker closest thing and tbh he is fading but a top 5 pg no doubt. Analysts ..analyze they don't know anything. Lebron with a real pg to me is dangerous. Could take time (a year) but he will get it together.
Did you watch the Bulls last year? Their offense is a complete joke. If Rose can't single-handedly carry it, they're complete toast. They basically were the anti-Spurs on that end of the floor, star or no star.
Old 07-29-2014, 10:09 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You horribly overrate Kyrie and saying what Varejao, even a healthy Varejao, is going to be in 2014 is not really evidence based.
While I agree with what you are saying here... we shouldn't forget that the Heat team Lebron dragged to the finals last year was truly not that talented. Bosh is a very good player but besides that? The corpse of Dwayne Wade? Ray Allen, Rio, Birdman, Oden, Cole... that is not a very good team, but I still think they would have beaten anyone besides the Spurs (perhaps not the Grizzlies) in the finals.

I see no reason why Wiggins, Kyrie and Lebron can't beat HOU, POR, and GS in a series at least based on those teams' forms from last year.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 10:12 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Huh? Varejao has always been good when on the court. He was good last year when he played. They have enough scoring - they just need him to play some D and rebound.

I'm not guaranteeing 82 games. I'm saying if he's healthy for the playoffs and they get to the Finals, they'd likely be favored against every team in the West aside from the three I mentioned.

It's not about overrating Kyrie so much as appreciating what LeBron is going to do for him. It would be shocking if Kyrie isn't a better player this year. He's entering his prime, a year wiser, and now gets to benefit from playing alongside the best player in the world. In addition, the team has two stud defensive players who can guard multiple positions.

Tristian Thompson isn't bad, Waiters can score, and if Miller is half as good as he's been for the past 1.5 years, he'll be a very valuable piece.

Their big depth is a huge question, but it's not that much worse than Miami's was, and I'd contend that Miami was a better team than those 2nd-tier West teams last year too.

- Ko Simpson
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 10:13 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In all honesty if we are going to say a healthy Andy is helping the Cavs go far, lets say a healthy Bogut would have changed some series last year.
Old 07-29-2014, 10:14 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who is talking about the bulls..and no I didn't they pride themselves on defense.

If rose can be the old rose they will be at there best... Nuffff said. Big ifffff though. They added gasol who is an offensive player? Lost boozer who sux. Still have the core. They will be a top 3 seed no doubt. They got better regardless.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 10:23 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Someone mentioned the Bulls. The only team with an argument is the Cavs. And that is solely because LeBron is other-wordly. But if we are assuming full health, the Warriors destroy them with LeBron probably pulling 2 games out of his ass. Houston is at the very least a dogfight. So is Portland. Varejao also had the worst year in recent career last year and you are assuming Wiggins is an elite NBA defender for some reason.
Old 07-29-2014, 10:28 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I said stud, not elite. He's got all the tools and projects to be a good wing defender.

Varejao isn't some great player but his game is a perfect fit for that team. He can do everything they need from that spot.

You really think the Warriors would destroy the Cavs? Interesting. I disagree.

- Ko Simpson
Old 07-29-2014, 10:31 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
I said stud, not elite. He's got all the tools and projects to be a good wing defender.

Varejao isn't some great player but his game is a perfect fit for that team. He can do everything they need from that spot.

You really think the Warriors would destroy the Cavs? Interesting. I disagree.
Assuming health? Absolutely.

Curry-Klay-Iggy-Lee-Bogut wipes the floor with them. They can go small with even more shooting too with Draymond for Lee. Throw in Livingston off the bench. Yeah, I think Warriors in 6.
Old 07-30-2014, 02:13 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Curry-Klay-Iggy-Lee-Bogut wipes the floor with them. They can go small with even more shooting too with Draymond for Lee. Throw in Livingston off the bench. Yeah, I think Warriors in 6.
Agreed, assuming health.

Bogut >>>> Varajeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 07:08 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

So assuming health is a negative when discussing Anderson Varejao, but not Andrew Bogut, David Lee and Stephen Curry... hmm

Also, best player in the series usually wins the series. LeBron James would win that (hypothetical) series.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 07:17 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
So assuming health is a negative when discussing Anderson Varejao, but not Andrew Bogut, David Lee and Stephen Curry... hmm

Also, best player in the series usually wins the series. LeBron James would win that (hypothetical) series.
Look, we said assuming health. It's not like Kyrie is a dynamo either. If you feel you can somehow predict when/if these guys will be injured, be my guest.

And the best player usually wins the series is overblown. As a rule, yeah, the best player generally will win the series for many logical reasons. However, role players and scheme swing things more than ever now. The Spurs won it all, obviously. They didn't have the best player in at least 2 of those series.

Also, not all cut and dry examples, but:

- Washington beat Chicago (Noah best player in series)
- Brooklyn beat Toronto (Lowry best player in series)
- Portland beat Houston (Harden / Dwight)

That's 5 instances out of 15 total series.

Last edited by Rob S : 07-30-2014 at 07:23 AM.
Rob S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 08:44 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post

#StayWokeIn2015

I can't wait.
#StayWokeIn2015
Old 07-30-2014, 08:47 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I swear to ******* God if you guys start sucking off Anderson ******* Varajeo again I'm gonna lose my ****.

He sucks. He always sucked. Now LeBron is back and he'll look decent again the same way all of those ****** players in Miami looked decent with LeBron passing them the ball.

Varajeo sucks. Stop it. Enough. I don't want to hear that **** this year. He ******* sucks.
Old 07-30-2014, 09:16 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to see Pop's drills.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 11:57 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Varejao is a legit double double guy (most of the time) who can play rock solid team defense and passes rather well. No idea how he sucks, exactly.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 12:06 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I swear to ******* God if you guys start sucking off Anderson ******* Varajeo again I'm gonna lose my ****.

He sucks. He always sucked. Now LeBron is back and he'll look decent again the same way all of those ****** players in Miami looked decent with LeBron passing them the ball.

Varajeo sucks. Stop it. Enough. I don't want to hear that **** this year. He ******* sucks.
Anderson Varejao is a glorified version of "hustle" players. He doesn't do anything significant, he just takes up space and does it without being lazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 12:07 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
Anderson Varejao is a glorified version of "hustle" players. He doesn't do anything significant, he just takes up space and does it without being lazy.
He rebounds very well, that's quite significant actually. He averaged 14/14 (only 25 games but still) two seasons ago for god sakes. You act like he's Lou Amundson.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 01:12 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

The point isn't about him really. He's just their only big man currently so if he gets hurt they'd be significantly worse. If they got bird man or something he wouldn't matter as much.

And a glorified hustle player at c complements the team they have absoultely perfectly. That was the point of mentioning him and I think he puts them over the edge from competing with Chicago to competing with the best of the west.

The Cavs are going to be good because of The other players obviously, but he's a key role player at their thinnest position. His health separates them from those mid tier west teams, which was the original discussion and the only reason his name came up.

- Ko Simpson
Old 07-30-2014, 02:05 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/sta...33428558041089

"Kevin Durant says he doesnít want to be the backpack guy anymore: ďA backpack is more associated w/a kid, I think Iím a grown up.Ē "

KD is a clown!!!
Old 07-30-2014, 02:08 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rebounding and interior defense are important and Varejao is good at both, therefore he is a useful player. It's not that complicated, I have no idea why we have this argument so often.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote