Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-04-2014, 12:45 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wiggins ($5.5M) and Bennett ($5.6M) to Minny

Thompson ($5.1M) and Waiters ($4.1M) to Indiana

Love ($15.7M) and Hibbert ($14.9M) to Cleveland

They'd have to move Varejao's $9.7M contract to even out the numbers, unless they have a big trade exception I don't know about, or something.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 02:24 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They have 6 mil in trade exceptions and non guarenteed contracts, no?

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 03:07 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

YESSSSS THE WHITE MAMBA RETURNS

http://www.csnne.com/boston-celtics/...ne-coming-home

Quote:
I’m not promising a championship. I know how hard that is to deliver. We’re not ready right now. No way. Of course, I want to win next year, but I’m realistic. I’m only a broadcaster - what could I really do? It will be a long process, much longer than in 2008. My patience will get tested. I know that. I’m going into a situation with a young team and a young coach. I will be the young Comcast SportsNet announcer in the booth next to the greatest color analyst in the game Mr. Tommy Heinsohn. I know that I have a lot to learn but I see myself as a Champion, and I think I can help breakdown some great Marcus Smart dunks this season. I think I can elevate Kelly Olynyk and Chris Babb’s game by the amount of research I make my interns do before announcing road games.

Last edited by pierce2walker : 08-04-2014 at 03:13 PM.
pierce2walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 03:17 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It didn't need it, but this just cements his position as the basketball persona of this generation.

I am now insanely jealous that Boston fans will get to listen to him every game.

Also, everyone needs to read his letter. It is amazing and full of so much mocking.

Quote:
I’m doing this essay because I want an opportunity to explain myself uninterrupted...and gather some great press based on another recent NBA signing...in almost the exact same way.

Last edited by iowatreat54 : 08-04-2014 at 03:32 PM.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 04:06 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"I went to Chicago because of Tibs and D-Rose and the crazy energy of Joakim Noah, and it was my only job offer"

"I don’t understand why people couldn’t put it together, I was holding a clipboard, I was a real coach."

"My goal is for the Celtics to win the most titles of any other NBA franchise, and I will not sleep until we are done."

"I think I can elevate Kelly Olynyk and Chris Babb’s game by the amount of research I make my interns do before announcing road games."

"I have a responsibility to lead, in more ways than one, and I take that very seriously. I want kids in Boston, like the hundreds of elementary school kids who have red hair and no chance of making the NBA, to realize that there’s no better place to grow up. "
Old 08-04-2014, 04:37 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Veal <3

And is the hibbert thing a real rumor or something we just are throwing around because it's a really cool idea
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 04:51 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Veal <3

And is the hibbert thing a real rumor or something we just are throwing around because it's a really cool idea
Could be some interest but mostly the second part.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 04:57 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Cavs would get rid of Wiggins Bennett Thompson and Waiters for Love and Hibbert? Seems like we wouldn't have any depth.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Depth is generally overrated (especially with young superstars) and will come cheap anyway if you have a championship quality team.
Old 08-04-2014, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Could be some interest but mostly the second part.
I do think that, Hibbert aside, Tristan Thompson and Anderson Varejao's expiring contracts are valuable assets. If not for trading then freeing up space for more help next year + the rising salary cap will allow Cleveland to be aggressive.

How many extra draft picks will they still have after the Wiggins deal goes through?

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 05:37 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Varejao/TT is A LOT more valuable to a LeBron team than Roy Hibbert.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 05:48 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now the Cavs need to get Hibbert? How did this even come up?

If they get Love, they will be very good. The combo is good but why?

Bron runs the Cavs, he isn't getting rid of Varejeo for a guy that is a bum.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 05:50 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If rumors are right, Marion would be a huge help to the Cavs if they acquired Love.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 08-04-2014, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marion would be perfect. Especially in defensive situations in place of Love. I'm surprised he's been on the market this long. Thought he would've been a nice fit with the Lakers aswell.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 06:08 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Marion wants to win, why would he go to the Lakers? Maybe the Clippers...

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 08-04-2014, 06:11 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

True. Fair enough.
Old 08-04-2014, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did anyone see that Andrew Wiggins interview? Wow, that was awful. Why would anyone in his camp agree to that? LeBron is probably too busy to call him up... Meanwhile he is not too busy to call Kevin Love, hang out with Tristan Thompson on instagram and talk 'constantly' with Kyrie Irving... Yikes.

Old 08-04-2014, 06:45 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah it was pretty brutal, hope this motivates him to kill it wherever he ends up playing

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Marion would be perfect. Especially in defensive situations in place of Love. I'm surprised he's been on the market this long. Thought he would've been a nice fit with the Lakers aswell.
Marion would be a great addition, especially in bolstering the Cavs defense. Marion, Miller and Jones should be able to contribute and allow the Cavs to manage LeBron's minutes.

By the way, LeBron has apparently cut carbs out of his diet. He looks like he dropped 20 lbs. He looks lighter than he has since his early Cleveland days.

Old 08-04-2014, 10:34 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I made up the trade totally as a fantasy. Brodie is severely underrating his value as a rim protector. He and Love are a perfect front court, their skills just mesh so well.

I was just thinking of rim protectors that could be available and Hibbert made the most sense.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ou38f3n

Basically works, add in Wiggins but the Trade Machine doesn't allow it yet.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 11:26 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Did anyone see that Andrew Wiggins interview? Wow, that was awful. Why would anyone in his camp agree to that? LeBron is probably too busy to call him up... Meanwhile he is not too busy to call Kevin Love, hang out with Tristan Thompson on instagram and talk 'constantly' with Kyrie Irving... Yikes.
I know I'm supposed to be excited about getting Wiggins out of all of this, but I didn't like him that much to begin with and he's never struck me as a guy who would just take all of this in stride without it affecting his confidence at all. I'm worried.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 09:43 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Wall, Beal and Milsap cut from the US roster. I don't think any of them have ever been cut from any basketball team ever in their lives.
Old 08-05-2014, 10:06 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

True but Jordan was cut or is that a myth?
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 10:41 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
True but Jordan was cut or is that a myth?
It's partially true. He tried out for the varsity team as a sophomore but he was cut because he was considered too short at 5'11". He played JV that year and dominated, then he hit a growth spurt and the rest is history.

So it's technically true but it's not like he was cut from the team and just didn't play organized ball for a year. Most importantly, he was apparently so pissed off about it that he used it as motivation for the next 25 years. After he became famous, he would even check into hotels under the alias "Leroy Smith," the name of his 6'7" classmate who was the only sophomore to make the varsity team that year.

Last edited by WCH : 08-05-2014 at 10:54 AM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 10:50 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I know I'm supposed to be excited about getting Wiggins out of all of this, but I didn't like him that much to begin with and he's never struck me as a guy who would just take all of this in stride without it affecting his confidence at all. I'm worried.
76ers will take him....