Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-05-2014, 10:13 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This provided many laughs (rookie class AMA)

http://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments...kie_class_ama/
Old 08-05-2014, 10:42 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
This provided many laughs (rookie class AMA)

http://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments...kie_class_ama/
Spencer Dinwiddie is my new hero.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 11:27 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The more I think about it - there is absolutely no way Randle doesn't become a productive NBA player. At worst he'll be a 15/10 guy. That's his floor. Magic probably should have taken him over Gordon.

- Ko Simpson
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 11:54 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Spencer Dinwiddie is my new hero.
Mustache rides.
Old 08-05-2014, 12:26 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
The more I think about it - there is absolutely no way Randle doesn't become a productive NBA player. At worst he'll be a 15/10 guy. That's his floor. Magic probably should have taken him over Gordon.
Probably true.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 12:40 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You realize that last year only five players averaged 15/10? I like Randle, but it's silly to suggest that 15/10 is his floor.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
You realize that last year only five players averaged 15/10? I like Randle, but it's silly to suggest that 15/10 is his floor.
I think he meant down the road. I could see him as a double double guy but not sure i see any kind of star there.
Old 08-05-2014, 01:33 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I was shocked that the Magic passed on Exum. But I didn't realize how much they actually loved Payton. Once they decided Payton was their top PG, it gave them more flexibility to use the 4th pick any way they wanted.

Why do you think the Magic should have taken Randle over Gordon?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 01:53 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 08-05-2014, 02:40 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I was shocked that the Magic passed on Exum. But I didn't realize how much they actually loved Payton. Once they decided Payton was their top PG, it gave them more flexibility to use the 4th pick any way they wanted.

Gordon's raw as hell and Randle seems like as close to a sure thing as there is. Physically and mentally he's an NBA big man right now and he's got just as much upside at what, 19 years old? Gordon is more athletic but Randle seems to just as good, if not better, basketball-specific skills. He's also got ideal confidence and passion.

Wasn't so much negative about Gordon, I don't really know as much about him so my comment is pretty much BS.

But Randle just seems like one of those Patrick Peterson/Luke Kuechly types. High quality in high school, high quality in college, has literally everything you want from a quality pro including temperament. Why not just take him? I understand first and 2nd overall, and Embiid to an extent. But he was probably the 4th best prospect in this class.

His ceiling likely isn't a top-10 or even top-20 NBA player, but he's going to be at the very, very least a valuable big man who can rebound and score a bit. Just seems so obvious when you watch him play and teams overthink it by passing on a kid like this for a better athlete and "upside."

- Ko Simpson
Old 08-05-2014, 02:46 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
I don't know. There's only one reality. Yes he could be a gigantic bust and average 2 pts a game. I predict he goes about 15/10 give or take or becomes even better. We'll see what happens. Maybe that's a little rich. My point wasn't to nail his stats. 16 and 8.5 is the same type of player. My point was to say that I think he'll be good and I'd be shocked if he's not at least a decent starting big man. Maybe I'll be shocked. 15/10ish isn't unattainable just because last season only 5 did it. I'm sure more averaged 15/9 and 15/8, 14/10, etc. I'll revise my statement and say his floor is 13.5/8. Better?

- Ko Simpson
Old 08-05-2014, 02:52 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think it's a stretch for Randle to pull 15/10 on that roster this year. Once Kobe gets hurt, he'll be their #1 scoring option, and I don't see Jordan Hill stealing boards from him.
Old 08-05-2014, 02:56 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has anyone seen how skinny LeBron is right now?

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...this-offseason

He almost looks sick.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good work by the Spurs for hiring Becky.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Old 08-05-2014, 03:13 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post

More polished. That is all.

Gordon is a better athlete for sure but athleticism only goes so far. Randle is more of a 4 than Gordon will ever be unless he gets the proper coaching. The thing with him is he will be pretty much the secondary scorer after Kobe, which he will have to adjust to, after being the primary option imo.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 04:05 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
More polished. That is all.

Gordon is a better athlete for sure but athleticism only goes so far. Randle is more of a 4 than Gordon will ever be unless he gets the proper coaching. The thing with him is he will be pretty much the secondary scorer after Kobe, which he will have to adjust to, after being the primary option imo.
Randle's playing time and opportunity will heavily influence his stats. Then people will say DAAAYUM. I think he's a young Carlos Boozer... who by coincidence was signed by the Lakers. Same reasons people don't like Boozer are the same reasons why I don't love Randle. I like him. Love his fire, and think he's gonna be good, but the upside is more limited than people are hyping up right now. Let's see if he can surprise me.

For the Magic, Randle is just not a good fit next to Vucevic. I don't know how anyone could make that case. Gordon may or may not be a PF. He's a tweener. Personally I see him as a SF. I wouldn't expect him to play PF unless it's a small ball lineup. I can't see him being a bust either because even at worst, he's a good wing defender. Those guys have staying power in the NBA. If he doesn't develop a better shot then he'll bust in terms of not becoming a Superstar. He's the second youngest player in the draft, so we shall see.
Old 08-05-2014, 04:11 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Gordon's raw as hell and Randle seems like as close to a sure thing as there is. Physically and mentally he's an NBA big man right now and he's got just as much upside at what, 19 years old? Gordon is more athletic but Randle seems to just as good, if not better, basketball-specific skills. He's also got ideal confidence and passion.

Wasn't so much negative about Gordon, I don't really know as much about him so my comment is pretty much BS.

But Randle just seems like one of those Patrick Peterson/Luke Kuechly types. High quality in high school, high quality in college, has literally everything you want from a quality pro including temperament. Why not just take him? I understand first and 2nd overall, and Embiid to an extent. But he was probably the 4th best prospect in this class.

His ceiling likely isn't a top-10 or even top-20 NBA player, but he's going to be at the very, very least a valuable big man who can rebound and score a bit. Just seems so obvious when you watch him play and teams overthink it by passing on a kid like this for a better athlete and "upside."
Well, Gordon's body and shot are raw as hell, but I wouldn't give the same adjective to his ball handling, defense, rebounding and dunking. Last I checked those are basketball-specific skills too.

Randle does have that inner-dawg in him that gives you that feeling like "he's gonna make it". That's my favorite part of his game.
Old 08-05-2014, 04:16 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
It's a good thing he's not playing for the 76ers right now, that's all I've got to say.
Old 08-05-2014, 05:54 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
It's a good thing he's not playing for the 76ers right now, that's all I've got to say.
I'm thinking he may play for them ....

never
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 07:59 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Next thing you know they'll want equal pay for equal work.
Old 08-05-2014, 08:37 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Next thing you know they'll want equal pay for equal work.
They already get equal pay for equal work.
Old 08-05-2014, 08:39 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He looks healthy.
Old 08-05-2014, 08:43 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
He started realizing the side effects of HGH so he's finally getting off of it.