Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-17-2008, 07:34 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingboy2999 View Post
Lebron is a guy who can destroy people inside... Hedo is more of a shooter. You can't look at stats and saying "He is a light version".
I was only basing it on statistics...strictly performance. Points, Rebounds, Assists...wasnt really trying to make a comparison between the player just the statistics they have been putting up.

There is no problem in doing this...like i said, I wasnt making a comparison between the way they played, just the end result.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 03-17-2008 at 07:41 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 07:35 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like how everyone downplays the Cavs once again, if he could beat the pistons by himself last year with that team, im pretty sure he can beat the exact same roster with more help around him and another year of experience...Not that its a lock the Cavs would win, but its far from a sure thing Detroit is going to run through Cleveland with no problem...

And on another note maybe someone can help me out with this...With all this talk of all time win streaks, and the most being 33 by the Lakers, and the Rockets I think are 2nd all time now with 21, maybe im wrong but I was almost certain the year the Bulls won 72 games they won 30 in a row at some point, or at least won 20 in a row...Or did they really win 70 games without ever winning 20 in a row?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 08:16 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mul...content.1.html

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 08:46 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Magic beat the Cavs 104-90 to win their 5th straight. The game was much closer than the final score would lead you to believe. Both teams played well defensively. The Cavs completely shut down Hedo/Rashard in the 1st half holding them to a combined 2 points. They took the game over in the 2nd half though, scoring a combined 36. The entire team was brilliant from 3 in the second half. As the commentators said, the game had a playoff feel to it. I was standing for most of the game, haha. Lebron was his usual stellar self (30 points, 9 boards, 6 assists) but, also as usual, he wasnt getting much help. Good game.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-17-2008, 08:50 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol according to ESPN the 76ers are twice as likely to win Finals than the Suns

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 08:53 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

ESPN is really hyping up the 76ers for some reason. I think Stein even has them as his 3rd best team in East right now, in his power rankings. I mean, sure they are playing great right now but, 3rd best in the East? I'm not buying it.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-17-2008, 09:00 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
ESPN is really hyping up the 76ers for some reason. I think Stein even has them as his 3rd best team in East right now, in his power rankings. I mean, sure they are playing great right now but, 3rd best in the East? I'm not buying it.
Didn't realize it but ya ESPN loves the 76ers, for a team that is a game under .500, has the 2nd easiest schedule in the league and are only averaging .8 points more than they are giving up they sure are high on all of the lists

Old 03-17-2008, 09:17 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

apparently in New Orleans it isn't a foul if you get hit across the forearm/head, but it is a foul if Chris Paul stumbles, falls, or fails to be able to drive...CP is starting to act like Wade, whenever I see him (I'll admit it has only been about 10 times) he flops with the tiniest touch and gets calls, however this game he isn't whining...it just annoys me when players with so much talent flop and whine so much

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 09:20 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
apparently in New Orleans it isn't a foul if you get hit across the forearm/head, but it is a foul if Chris Paul stumbles, falls, or fails to be able to drive...CP is starting to act like Wade, whenever I see him (I'll admit it has only been about 10 times) he flops with the tiniest touch and gets calls, however this game he isn't whining...it just annoys me when players with so much talent flop and whine so much
Amare is starting to whine a little too much for my liking as well, he doesn't flop or anything but because refs call constant little touch fouls on him he gets upset and so the refs keep calling them

Old 03-17-2008, 09:24 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Amare is starting to whine a little too much for my liking as well, he doesn't flop or anything but because refs call constant little touch fouls on him he gets upset and so the refs keep calling them
yea I mean all "stars" are going to complain some and all are going to get the benefit of some calls...it's just that everytime I've seen Paul he seems to complain/act more than most do and it's just annoying, same with Wade...plus I really hate crappy touch fouls being called in general, but when they are over emphasized when being called for Paul or Wade or Kobe or whoever it just pisses me off

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 03-17-2008, 09:28 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

And we all know that Tim Duncan hasn't ever committed a true foul in his life

for once i would like to just see him raise his hand and take credit for the foul

Last edited by fenikz : 03-17-2008 at 09:30 PM.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:29 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

my theory is that it's a strategy they use to intimidate the refs. the more you complain the more they feel like they owe you something.

if ya know what i mean. yeah i know it sucks but if you never complain they're not going to assume you get fouled
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 09:31 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

and just like that, Paul takes control the last 3 minutes of the game and beats the Bulls by himself...I really don't see the Hornets as contenders, outside of Paul they have no one...sure they have West and Chandler and whoever else, but without Paul they are nothing...plus, outside of Paul they are just plain not good defensively...I really don't see them making too much damage in the playoffs, but no doubt about it, CP3 is top 3 in the NBA right now

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 03-17-2008, 09:38 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
and just like that, Paul takes control the last 3 minutes of the game and beats the Bulls by himself...I really don't see the Hornets as contenders, outside of Paul they have no one...sure they have West and Chandler and whoever else, but without Paul they are nothing...plus, outside of Paul they are just plain not good defensively...I really don't see them making too much damage in the playoffs, but no doubt about it, CP3 is top 3 in the NBA right now
I think Peja is gonna have to step it up big come playoff time

Old 03-17-2008, 09:44 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
I think Peja is gonna have to step it up big come playoff time
I think that any team can figure out how to shut down Paul...not that it will be easy, but it will be possible and once that happens I think they are done...Peja is good on offense but terrible on defense, so he will have to step it up if CP is shut down but his defense is a liability if he has to guard anyone close to competent on offense...I don't think NO would be able to hang with LA or Phoenix for a series

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 03-17-2008, 09:49 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I was only basing it on statistics...strictly performance. Points, Rebounds, Assists...wasnt really trying to make a comparison between the player just the statistics they have been putting up.

There is no problem in doing this...like i said, I wasnt making a comparison between the way they played, just the end result.
Ehhhh that makes no sense to do.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
wingboy2999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 09:50 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They have won like 14 of 18.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
Old 03-17-2008, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Gatz
Rookie

Gatz is a cocksman.Gatz is a cocksman.Gatz is a cocksman.Gatz is a cocksman.Gatz is a cocksman.

Quote:
And we all know that Tim Duncan hasn't ever committed a true foul in his life

for once i would like to just see him raise his hand and take credit for the foul
San Antonio pisses me off. How can you have a guy who is the biggest whiner, another guy who is the biggest flopper, and to top it off a guy that without a doubt is the dirtiest player in the nba, all on the same team.
Waaaaaaaaah!!! It was totally cooler when I was the only one who made a truth thread. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!! I thought that when I "retired" people would honor me by never making truth threads. WAaaaaaaaaaaaaaah !!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
It's called Auto Fellatio!
Gatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 09:55 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see Orlando going far into the playoffs they way they're playing...they live and die by the 3. If they go cold or a team shuts them down from beyond the arc, they're just an average team. They don't seem to go cold often though, but against Detroit and Boston, I don't think they'll be able to keep up the 3s.

That said, the Cavs played like total ****.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 10:03 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Ehhhh that makes no sense to do.
Why is that? Lebron is about a career 27, 7, and 7 guy...and Hedo's statsistics at times this year have been very similar to that...just a little lower. I dont see a problem in saying his numbers have at times been Lebron lite. Lebron is the only guy putting up 20+, 6+, and 6+ a night and Hedo has done it several times this season. Hence, why i say Lebron lite. Makes perfect sense to me.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-17-2008, 10:17 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Why is that? Lebron is about a career 27, 7, and 7 guy...and Hedo's statsistics at times this year have been very similar to that...just a little lower. I dont see a problem in saying his numbers have at times been Lebron lite. Lebron is the only guy putting up 20+, 6+, and 6+ a night and Hedo has done it several times this season. Hence, why i say Lebron lite. Makes perfect sense to me.
Because as far as the type of player they're night and day.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 10:18 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
They have won like 14 of 18.
The Magic have won 13 of 16. I just think it's a little crazy to rank the 76ers higher than the likes of the Magic and Cavs at this point.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-17-2008, 10:24 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown View Post
Because as far as the type of player they're night and day.
Again, i wasnt taking the way they play into account. I was talking about the fact that he was putting up great numbers in the three main statistical categories, comparable to that of Lebron James statistics...20+, 6+, and 6+. It's not that hard to understand...just think about it from a fantasy perspective. I was talking strictly numbers.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-17-2008, 10:25 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

Quote:
It makes no sense because when you compare players with the term "lite" you do it because of their skill set. Not because of stats. That is like saying Drew Gooden is Rashard Lewis lite. They both play PF but have completely different bodies, different styles and different mentalities. It is more of a difference in stats but the point is still clear. You can't call someone a lite on stats alone. Maggette is more of a lebron lite with less playmaking.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
Old 03-17-2008, 10:25 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Again, i wasnt taking the way they play into account. I was talking about the fact that he was putting up great numbers in the three main statistical categories, comparable to that of Lebron James statistics...20+, 6+, and 6+. It's not that hard to understand...just think about it from a fantasy perspective. I was talking strictly numbers.
Well it makes sense if you look at it that way... but the fact you are looking at it that way makes no sense.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08