Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-24-2008, 11:39 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
Well regardless of defense, Kobe is amazing. lol I give Paul his due whenever I get the chance to. A couple pages back I stated that I would be totally cool if he won the MVP award over Kobe because I couldn't find an argument why he shouldn't win it.
I agree....I was just stating that you can't really say one is better than the other....when I said he wasn't I was just being a kobe homer...Paul is playing some of the best basketball I've seen in the past couple of years...
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 11:43 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Paul is showing so much so early he can only get better, hes proved me that hes the best PG in the game right now, before i had was in between him and duron

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 11:58 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

1. Paul
2. Kobe
3. LeBron
4. Duncan
5. Garnett

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 12:10 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You gotta be freakin kidding me man.

You go up by 7 and you let them hit back to back 3's?
Old 04-25-2008, 12:28 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Kobe
2. Paul
3. LeBron
4. Garnett
5. Duncan

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 12:29 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just saw this thought it was awesome, just because it has Nash, Stat & Bell

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPcbDZKi8CA

Last edited by Shane P. Hallam : 04-25-2008 at 01:11 AM.
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 12:38 AM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

1) Kobe
2) Paul
3) Lebron
4) Duncan
5) Garnett
Old 04-25-2008, 01:04 AM    (permalink
DChess
All-Pro

DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

jesus. i hate when somebody plays well during a stretch of time and people wanna jump the bandwagon. its the same thing with dwade people were sweating his dick, saying hes so much better than lebron, hes the next jordan. whoever said paul is better than kobe is kinda ********. paul isnt above kobe or lebron, those two have done it longer, just because the mavs are the slowest team in history and the young hornets can just run them up and down the floor doesnt mean hes already a top two player. i hate **** like that
DChess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 01:11 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, sorry. Paul may be the MVP of the league, but he's certainly not the league's best player, and it's arguable whether he's even in the top five.
Old 04-25-2008, 07:25 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DChess View Post
jesus. i hate when somebody plays well during a stretch of time and people wanna jump the bandwagon. its the same thing with dwade people were sweating his dick, saying hes so much better than lebron, hes the next jordan. whoever said paul is better than kobe is kinda ********. paul isnt above kobe or lebron, those two have done it longer, just because the mavs are the slowest team in history and the young hornets can just run them up and down the floor doesnt mean hes already a top two player. i hate **** like that
I agree. He has not done anything to be mentioned better than LeBron. LeBron has been great for years and is still getting better.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 10:12 AM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with DChess. The 2 best players in the NBA are LeBron and Kobe. I have it in that order, but certainly I can buy other people having Kobe on top. It's like Peyton and Brady.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 10:29 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i agree that paul isnt better than kobe and lebron but u cant say hes not playing great

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 01:03 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

I just want to know when the MVP is announced...??
Old 04-25-2008, 01:07 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
I agree with DChess. The 2 best players in the NBA are LeBron and Kobe. I have it in that order, but certainly I can buy other people having Kobe on top. It's like Peyton and Brady.
I compare it more to Vick (LeBron)/ Manning (Kobe) before Manning had the title. People thought Vick was better, but in actuality Vick was just more hyped and was a small step below IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 01:10 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who in their ******* right mind would think Vick is better than Manning?

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 01:11 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
Who in their ******* right mind would think Vick is better than Manning?
People thought that when Vick ran for 1000+

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 01:19 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

Chris Paul is having an amazing year....no one will dispute that...

but Kobe is hands down the best player in the NBA...he scores at will, gets to the basket at will, doesn't have to score to dominate the game...has become one of the best passers in the game...can also rebound with the best of them...

I believe the MVP will go to Kobe but Paul's coming out party this season will open everyone's eyes and allow Paul a biased opinion come next year...in which he would deserve...
Old 04-25-2008, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagHombre22 View Post
Chris Paul is having an amazing year....no one will dispute that...

but Kobe is hands down the best player in the NBA...he scores at will, gets to the basket at will, doesn't have to score to dominate the game...has become one of the best passers in the game...can also rebound with the best of them...

I believe the MVP will go to Kobe but Paul's coming out party this season will open everyone's eyes and allow Paul a biased opinion come next year...in which he would deserve...
#Kobecirclejerk
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 02:02 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
#Kobecirclejerk
Aren't you the clever one. He's just stating his opinion and actually backs it up with why thinks that. What's wrong with that?

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DChess View Post
That was me and it's for the REAL MVP. I don't go by the NBA's formula of the MPP Most Popular Player + Most Outstanding Player combination.

Chris Paul is the Most Valuable Player in the NBA right now to his team's success and nobody can tell me otherwise.

Don't know where you've been but Chris Paul has been killing **** all year. Plus his team is better than the Cavs, Kobe Bryant is the only guy in the discussion in my opinion. The LeBrons had 45 wins in the east! That's not even that good! They'd be 5 games out of the playoffs in the West with that record and IF they played in the west they may only have 40 wins cause of the strength of schedule.

I got no problem with Kobe winning the MVP cause he's 29 and it's due, but Chris Paul is truly the most valuable to his team right now, and that matters a lot more than how valuable LeBron is to the Cavs cause once again they had 45 wins and they ain't gonna do **** in the playoffs.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
Aren't you the clever one. He's just stating his opinion and actually backs it up with why thinks that. What's wrong with that?
Because that is his only post he ever makes in this thread.

I just made him template.

Kobe is __________. He is the best at ___________ and _________. He deserves MVP. He can do _______ and _____ better than anyone. kobe is the __________zzz. Lakers are the best everzzzzzz
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 02:08 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's Kobe and LeBron, 1 and 2. Not in that order specifically. Neither is far above the other. As far as top players in the league, I'd go

1a. Kobe
1b. LeBron
3. Chris Paul
4. KG
5. Tim Duncan

With the top two inter-changable and the bottom 3 in the same tier as well.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 02:18 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitschke-Hawk View Post
That was me and it's for the REAL MVP. I don't go by the NBA's formula of the MPP Most Popular Player + Most Outstanding Player combination.

Chris Paul is the Most Valuable Player in the NBA right now to his team's success and nobody can tell me otherwise.

Don't know where you've been but Chris Paul has been killing **** all year. Plus his team is better than the Cavs, Kobe Bryant is the only guy in the discussion in my opinion. The LeBrons had 45 wins in the east! That's not even that good! They'd be 5 games out of the playoffs in the West with that record and IF they played in the west they may only have 40 wins cause of the strength of schedule.

I got no problem with Kobe winning the MVP cause he's 29 and it's due, but Chris Paul is truly the most valuable to his team right now, and that matters a lot more than how valuable LeBron is to the Cavs cause once again they had 45 wins and they ain't gonna do **** in the playoffs.
It'd be hard to argue against Chris Paul having the better team, but people make way too much light of the talent he has. David West is a good shooter, can drive, can post up and has a complete game. Tyson Chandler is an inside presence and plays well off the pick and roll. Peja Stojakavic is a brilliant shooter and if you leave him open, it's in. LeBron has none of those, except arguably the inside presence in Z. After Z, the 3rd leading scorer on the current Cavs roster is a BENCH player. Daniel Gibson, who's really the only one who's been a consistent shooter. There were only 3 players on the team besides LeBron who averaged in double figures, 2 of those were at 10.3 and 10.4. Noone besides LeBron scored above 15 ppg. 2 of the players who are big in the Cavs lineup, Ben Wallace and Anderson Vaerjao, are notoriously bad offensive players.

What did the Hornets have? Another 20 ppg man in David West, Peja, who as the 3rd leading scorer for the Hornets scored more than the 2nd leading scorer for the Cavs in 16.4 PPG. Tyson Chandler, as the 4th scorer, scored more ppg than the 3rd leading scorer for the Cavs at 11.8 ppg.

And the biggest thing of all, Paul had the 2nd and 3rd options that LeBron didn't. David West is arguably an all-star caliber player, there's noone even close to that on the Cavs. Peja is one of the best shooters in the NBA, the Cavs don't have that.

Can you argue that if you put LeBron on the Hornets, that they aren't as good? Yes, you can. And you can make the same argument for putting Paul on the Cavs. Point is, without Paul, they probably wouldn't make the playoffs, would be fighting for that 8th spot if anything. But without LeBron, the Cavs are probably the worst team in the league.

In terms of value to their team, I'd lean LeBron. But I really don't think there's a way you can say it isn't close.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 02:20 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
Because that is his only post he ever makes in this thread.

I just made him template.

Kobe is __________. He is the best at ___________ and _________. He deserves MVP. He can do _______ and _____ better than anyone. kobe is the __________zzz. Lakers are the best everzzzzzz
I really am flattered that you care so much about what I post....

but if I'm a fan of the Lakers and they are playing...and this is the NBA forum....where am I in the wrong...

you're obsession with me is not very flattering...
Old 04-25-2008, 02:26 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagHombre22 View Post
I really am flattered that you care so much about what I post....

but if I'm a fan of the Lakers and they are playing...and this is the NBA forum....where am I in the wrong...

you're obsession with me is not very flattering...
I'm obsessed with you too. But I just keep dirty pictures hidden in my desk, instead of calling you out on the internet.

Anyway, if the Nuggets are gonna take a game in this series, it will be game 3. Shut em down and let's move on to Utah/Houston. A couple of my buddies are huge Jazz fans, so I'd love to see that series.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote