Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-29-2008, 08:44 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love how Chris Paul has been out-Jason-Kidd'ing Jason Kidd.
Old 04-29-2008, 08:59 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well its time to rebuild around dirk, i wouldnt mind if we everyone was traded exccept dirk

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 09:04 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

I think Dirk is overrated.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 09:05 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
well its time to rebuild around dirk, i wouldnt mind if we everyone was traded exccept dirk
I would rebuild around Josh Howard. Make him the star. Sure he smokes pot but hey, who doesn't nowdays? Of course, keep Dirk there because he's.. well Dirk! You can't replace a scorer like him. Keep Terry. I thought they should have stuck with Harris because he was coming on so strong. The rest I don't really care for. Make these three the building blocks for your team. Add in a player through draft and free agency. Form a formidable bench.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 09:08 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Dirk is a great number 2 guy. IMO not someone a championship team can build around
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 09:14 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitschke-Hawk View Post
I think Dirk is overrated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
I would rebuild around Josh Howard. Make him the star. Sure he smokes pot but hey, who doesn't nowdays? Of course, keep Dirk there because he's.. well Dirk! You can't replace a scorer like him. Keep Terry. I thought they should have stuck with Harris because he was coming on so strong. The rest I don't really care for. Make these three the building blocks for your team. Add in a player through draft and free agency. Form a formidable bench.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Dirk is a great number 2 guy. IMO not someone a championship team can build around

Dirk overrated? What more does dirk need to prove to people...and rebuilding around josh howard? are u kidding me? hes not even considered an allstar and u want to build around him. Dirk is a PF scorer who can run with the ball, tell where else u can find that. We build around him, just looking on espn for the unrestricted FA for next year a guy that i think that we should go after is Ron Artest, a perfect fit for Dirk, A great all around player with great defense and a hard player. With Dirk and Ron complimenting each other the team will be set. For years its just been dirk, and dont give me that josh howard crap, hes on and off and lately hes been playing like ****, i dont think we can afford to wait for him to develope with dirk not getting any younger, so next year we need to make some big trades to build around dirk. Similar to the Celtics trade and take that chance.

Old 04-29-2008, 09:17 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
JESUS NO! Have you seen Josh Howard play recently, or at all? No way should we "build" around him. We would be worst off then we are now. Not to sound like a broken record about him, but the man has no ball handling, turnover prone, makes bad decisions, and horrible shot selection. Give him an ISO, and he'll find a away to f*** it up. That would be a horrible day if we ever decide to make him the #1 option.

If anything I would try to package him in a deal that can really get us a guy who can be that #1 or #2 along with Dirk, to carry the scoring load. How available exactly is Michael Redd? :)

Last edited by Paul : 04-29-2008 at 11:46 PM.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 09:18 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
JESUS NO! Have you seen Josh Howard played recently, or at all? No way should we "build" around him. We would be worst off then we are now. Not to sound like a broken record about him, but the man has no ball handling, turnover prone, makes bad decisions, and horrible shot selection. Give him an ISO, and he'll find a away to f*** it up. That would be a horrible day if we ever decide to make him the #1 option.

If anything I would try to package him in a deal that can really get a guy whole the #1 or #2 along with Dirk, to carry the scoring load. How available exactly is Michael Redd? :)
michael redd isnt a restricted FA next year, but ron artest is

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/s...2008freeagents

theres the link to the FA for next year

Old 04-29-2008, 09:19 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
michael redd isnt a restricted FA next year, but ron artest is
You don't have to be a RFA or URFA to be traded.
Old 04-29-2008, 09:20 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

Itd be better if they were

Old 04-29-2008, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Itd be better if they were
We are way over the cap. The best we can offer anybody is the Mid-Level exception.
Old 04-29-2008, 09:21 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Mavs just need to start over. I think someone else a while ago brought up the idea of rebuilding around J-Ho (maybe it was in a mock) and it's a horrible idea. They have no one they can build a franchise around and now that they lost Devin Harris, they'll either have to somehow completely rebuild and get some great draft picks/young studs, or they'll be nothing for a while. I've always thought of them as a more successful version of the Knicks because honestly, the team Cuban constructed was god awful. They have a ton of talent, but it's not a cohesive unit. That's partly why if Avery does get fired, I think some franchise that has some semblance of knowing what to do will be awfully happy. And, I still maintain the belief that no team should build around a foreign player, and rather they should be used as final pieces to a championship contender.
Old 04-29-2008, 09:23 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I was just saying because you guys have already been building around Dirk for the past 9 years. I was just throwing out a suggestion since he IS young and still has his best years in front of him. Just under 20 points a game and 7 boards is pretty impressive for a young player that isn't the go to guy, IMO.

Old 04-29-2008, 09:23 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As I just said to BanTx in the IRC, I am going to hope that Arenas opts out and we overspend to get him and pair with Dirk. Take the Celtics' apporach: throw out every one but a couple all-stars and just fill the roster with super young nobodies.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 09:24 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not totally sure about this, but I thought I remember hearing that Artest can opt out.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 09:25 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

Looking at the restricted FA list again, 2 names stick to me Gilbert Arenas and Ron artest. We need to make a move for one of them or both would be even better, but we'll have to see what cuban will do.

Old 04-29-2008, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Looking at the restricted FA list again, 2 names stick to me Gilbert Arenas and Ron artest. We need to make a move for one of them or both would be even better, but we'll have to see what cuban will do.
The only way is a trade. Like I said, since we are over the cap, the best we can do is the MLE, which is roughly around 5.5mill I believe.
Old 04-29-2008, 09:33 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm gonna say(for now) the Nets won that deal with the Mavs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 09:38 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
I'm gonna say(for now) the Nets won that deal with the Mavs.
agreed, the trade was a poor effort to try to make a run for the finals, and it only hurt us. But i still like kidd..

Old 04-29-2008, 09:43 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili, Tim Duncan, Bruce Bowen, Michael Finley, and Fabrico Oberto. Still love you Brent Barry. <3

And as a resource Suns fan (meaning if the Sonics dont make the play-offs or move, I have a set team that becomes "my team" for the time being) this is the best series ever if we pull the upset. I hate the Spurs and love the Suns (2nd favorite team that steps up in case your team moves/relocates/rebuilds).

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 09:48 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
I hate Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili, Tim Duncan, Bruce Bowen, Michael Finley, and Fabrico Oberto. Still love you Brent Barry. <3

And as a resource Suns fan (meaning if the Sonics dont make the play-offs or move, I have a set team that becomes "my team" for the time being) this is the best series ever if we pull the upset. I hate the Spurs and love the Suns (2nd favorite team that steps up in case your team moves/relocates/rebuilds).
I hate both.. With good reason(I'm a Lakers fan lol). But I like watching exciting basketball above all so I hope this series keeps going.

Old 04-29-2008, 10:31 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

I love how Duncan whines and whines and whines to the refs and Crawford just ignores him....I wish they would get into it again...lol
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 10:55 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

******* Spurs get EVERY call, its ridiculous. It actually makes the game hard to watch because you know whenever their in the paint that they're heading to the stripe

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 11:20 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
The only way is a trade. Like I said, since we are over the cap, the best we can do is the MLE, which is roughly around 5.5mill I believe.
You can always work a Sign & Trade.
Old 04-29-2008, 11:30 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I never thought I would say this but Diaw has kept the Suns in this game.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote