Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-29-2008, 11:30 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i hope the suns can take it to game 7 cause its a good series

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 11:37 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Welp. NO and SA should be a real good series.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 11:39 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a feeling that the Spurs will destroy the Hornets, but I could be wrong. I think that if it happens, the Lakers and Jazz will be great, though.
Old 04-29-2008, 11:43 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Paul WILL Shut Tony Parker the **** down. Mark those words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 10:09 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
If shut him down you mean by playing defense, you got it all wrong.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 12:56 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagHombre22 View Post
I love how Duncan whines and whines and whines to the refs and Crawford just ignores him....I wish they would get into it again...lol
For a premier player in the NBA, Duncan whines A TON. We all know that he's never committed a legit foul, though.
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 01:31 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's better to defend Tony Parker with length, no offense to Paul but we put Raja on him and he still kept scoring but once Diaw started to defend him he was merely average

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 02:00 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm hoping Avery gets to go to one of the young teams in the lottery, namely Seattle or Memphis (since I assume all the other spots are locks to retain their coach). Hopefully he doesn't go to Chicago. That wouldn't be a good fit at all and there's too much pressure. Seattle would probably be the absolute perfect destination for him since he's been there before, but Memphis isn't all too far from his hometown.
Old 04-30-2008, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like it's offical. Avery Johnson is out.
Old 04-30-2008, 02:22 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Doubt it. Nothing against Chris Paul, but Parker is the BEST driving point guard in the league. Either CP will pick up fouls or Parker will get his shots. The only way to slow down Parker is weakside help on defense, which the Hornets don't have enough of to stop Parker. I think the Spurs will handle the Hornets rather easily... 6 games at most, but realistically 5.

Not only are the Spurs more talented overall, but their experience is a huge edge. The Mavs playoff experience advantage had no effect because they choked the past two years... the Spurs on the other hand have won multiple championships together. Also, no one on the Hornets come even close to stopping Tim Duncan, and West is a good spot up shooter but if you make him put the ball on the floor, I realized his efficiency dramatically drops. Bowen will find ways to frustrate CP... not stop him, but frustrate him enough. And Ginobili will get his same routine BS calls that he always gets.

The Lakers and Jazz game should be a GREAT series. Before the playoffs, I thought the Jazz would be able to destroy the Lakers... but with how LA brutally eliminated the Nuggets and how the Jazz are struggling, it will be a much closer series. I think the Jazz will beat the Rockets and then beat the Lakers in 6. I wouldn't be surprised if the Lakers won though. Kobe has become a hundred times the player he was last year with how he is finding his teammates.

I just believe that the Jazz are way to physical and punishing on both sides of the ball. Matt Harpring is an underrated defender and I think he will annoy Kobe a lot. I expect Memet Okur to have a huge series as no one for the Lakers can guard him. No one individually can stop Gasol but Utah has great team defense and I think Gasol's toughness will be questioned in the series. I see the Jazz taking game 1 and then proceed to win their home games to win in 6.

Projected win total: 55+

Last edited by Namy : 04-30-2008 at 02:37 PM.
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Looks like it's offical. Avery Johnson is out.
I saw that about an hour ago when I was eating lunch. It was the "breaking news" on ESPNEWS

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 02:27 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know if Paul will shut down Parker, but he's good enough to at the very least slow him down.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagHombre22 View Post
I love how Duncan whines and whines and whines to the refs and Crawford just ignores him....I wish they would get into it again...lol

"WHO ME? But I've never commited a foul in my life!"

I hate that douchebag Duncan.

Old 04-30-2008, 03:18 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i disagree with every point. duncan won't destroy david west, im guessing they'll have about the same numbers. david west is too aggressive to be completely shut down by duncan and duncan will get his points but he's not olajuwan.

second of all, utah over lakers in 6? lakers beat utah in utah late in the year without gasol. you can talk about harpring and korver, because they have a pretty good supporting cast but i trust sasha farmar, luke and ronny turiaf enough to be solid enough contributers.

the jazz are kind of overrated in my opinion. they've lost numerous games this year they shouldve won, albeit so have the lakers.

and the hornets should take a page out of the mavs book on how to stop tony parker, they're one of the only teams i've seen that can consistently do a good job defensively against him.

Last edited by soybean : 04-30-2008 at 03:31 PM.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 03:31 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

also about durant winning rookie of the year, i know horford had an amazing year, .3 rebounds away from averaging a double double on the year, but if you actually watch film on durant, you can tell he's going to be a superstar. he kind of went unnoticed this year, because the sonics were so bad but i truly believe he'll be one of the elite in the game one day.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 03:43 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
also about durant winning rookie of the year, i know horford had an amazing year, .3 rebounds away from averaging a double double on the year, but if you actually watch film on durant, you can tell he's going to be a superstar. he kind of went unnoticed this year, because the sonics were so bad but i truly believe he'll be one of the elite in the game one day.
Yeah but I think if someone is the integral part of getting a historically awful team into the playoffs, they deserve it. Rookie of the Year should go to the player who did the most for his team, Horford got in the playoffs and is pushing the Celts, Durant didn't. Granted we are talking East/West but still I would give it to Horford but I do understand why Durant gets it because of stats. I know Durant averages 20.3 but he is shooting only 43% from the field and 28% from the 3 point line, and that 43% would have been much worse if not for his late season shooting. Aside from points Durant doesn't really bring anything in terms of defense or rebounding.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 03:47 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's not the MVP. It's the best rookie. And if anything, a historically weak East was the biggest reason for the Hawks making the playoffs (Nothing against them, but it's true.)

Durant is already an elite scorer while really having noone else on his team, aside from Green who is still developing his scoring game. His shooting percentage is a bit misleading. He was also bringing in 4 or 5 rebounds a game, which isn't bad, while playing out of position as a SG.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 03:57 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentN View Post
I saw that about an hour ago when I was eating lunch. It was the "breaking news" on ESPNEWS
rumor i hear, is that Pitno will be the next coach of Dallas. Just throwing it out there, my sources have told me that he is very interested in comig back to the NBA.
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 04:01 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

But Al Horford averaged over 10 a game only taking 8 shots a game while Durant averaged 17 shot attempts per game, I'll take the guy who was more solid overall.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by roidrunner View Post
rumor i hear, is that Pitno will be the next coach of Dallas. Just throwing it out there, my sources have told me that he is very interested in comig back to the NBA.
Yeah, that doesn't sound good to me at all.

Last edited by Paul : 04-30-2008 at 04:22 PM.
Old 04-30-2008, 04:07 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

i dont want to lose my college coach either. i would prefer he stayed in louisville. but what i hear is that he is seriously thinking about it.
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 04:17 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

He already failed in the NBA before, why would he want to try again? So he can tarnish his legacy even more?

Old 04-30-2008, 05:10 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
But Al Horford averaged over 10 a game only taking 8 shots a game while Durant averaged 17 shot attempts per game, I'll take the guy who was more solid overall.
Just curious, but did you think Melo deserved the ROTY his rookie year over LeBron?
Old 04-30-2008, 05:16 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roidrunner View Post
Sounds like a splash Cuban wanted to make...Although if he keeps full control of personell moves we will always be a step behind, he treats this franchise like a shiny toy he has to play with all the time, just a few years ago we were one of the deepest and youngest teams in the league, and he traded it all away along with 1st rd picks and money.

I'd love Pitino here though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 05:23 PM    (permalink
DI
Veteran

DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, all I can say is that if Donnie Walsh wants to interview Avery Johnson to kill time and wait for Tom Thibodeau to become available is one thing, but hiring him, oh, that's a whole different story.
DI is offline   Reply With Quote