Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-30-2008, 08:15 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Were you in favor of the trade? I have always thought Bibby was a bit overrated, but it was still a good trade in my opinion.
Well I can't complain with the trade because we gave up trash but we got Trash in return. Bibby even when he plays his best will score 18 points but won't have a single assist and won't play defense. I honestly was much happier with Anthony Johnson running the point, and even though he sucks Shelden Williams was at least an extra big body.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 08:24 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boston fans boo'ing Zaza because KG's a massive *****? That's nice.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 08:27 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They really do need to get Acie Law more minutes on the court.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 09:03 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hope the hawks win cause im going to game 6 on friday and hawks might close it out!

bibby might not be the ideal pg but you cant deny that ever since he came back from his injury, the team's been playing better and without him would not be playing primetime national television basketball.
thefalconer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 09:05 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Jag View Post
A thought struck me yesterday.

It would be super-special AWESOME if if the Magic somehow got Chris Bosh.

He'd complete the puzzle. With Hedo at SG (Haha), Rashard at his natural position of SF and Bosh playing PF, there'd be myriad options for Dwight howard to kick out to when he's triple-teamed down in the paint.

And there'd be a second guy on the team who could feasably average 10 rebounds a game.
That would be a great situation. But really, the thing the Raptors need is just a poor man's Howard. They need a big centre who can get rebounds and defend. Because right now, Bosh is in the spot that has to defend Dwight Howard. And he's not strong enough to do it. Nothing against him, he just is not a center and shouldn't be defending the best and most physically imposing one in the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 09:30 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I REALLY like this 5 man lineup for ATL...Bibby, Joe Johnson, Josh Smith, Marvin Williams, Al Horford...Very tall, athletic bunch, and two guys who can create their own shots.

Not sure how long they can keep them all together though, I remember the Clippers having a boatload of talent for being so sorry for so many years, but once guys developed they couldn't keep them all.

That's not even including Law, and Childress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 09:32 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to punch Mike Bibby in the face one day for sucking so damn much.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 04-30-2008, 10:05 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha. I never realized Horford was such a tool, but I guess that that comes with the territory when you're a teammate of Noah's for so long. Oh well. I still like him though.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

This officiating is pure garbage. Josh Smith says one word and he gets a technical while KG jaws at an official for a minute and a half after a technical and then nothing.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 04-30-2008, 10:31 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

superstars get calls. its pretty annoying. horford's foul in the 2nd quarter was physical but he was going for ball and after garnett stayed on the ground dramatizing nothing.. horford gets a flagrant foul.

hawks WILL force a game 7. i believe.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:39 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

horford didnt dramatize? He got slapped or scratched by the eye hes crawling on the ground for 2-3 minutes the whole bench and the coach goes over there. Horford acted like he got punched in the stomach he needs to man up

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 08:34 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
This officiating is pure garbage. Josh Smith says one word and he gets a technical while KG jaws at an official for a minute and a half after a technical and then nothing.
That's what happens when you are playing a super-star favoring league.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
This officiating is pure garbage.
Otherwise known as business as usual in the NBA.
Old 05-02-2008, 11:18 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I find it interesting that D'Antoni may go to the Bulls. IMO, that's the perfect destination for him. He'll probably get along with the players pretty well there, and since they all know (or most of them) how to play defense already, he won't ever have to worry about that. His up-tempo style of play perfectly suits that team, and for Hinrich especially, under him, I'd expect a drastic boost in performance. To me, that'd be ideal.

I also like the fact that the Mavs and Suns almost assuredly will not swap coaches, leaving the opportunity open for me to get my wish with Avery either going to the Grizzlies or the Knicks. And actually, if he went to the Grizzlies, Jackson to the Knicks, and Iavaroni back to the Suns, everything might work out perfectly.
Old 05-02-2008, 11:33 AM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Yeah but I think if someone is the integral part of getting a historically awful team into the playoffs, they deserve it. Rookie of the Year should go to the player who did the most for his team, Horford got in the playoffs and is pushing the Celts, Durant didn't. Granted we are talking East/West but still I would give it to Horford but I do understand why Durant gets it because of stats. I know Durant averages 20.3 but he is shooting only 43% from the field and 28% from the 3 point line, and that 43% would have been much worse if not for his late season shooting. Aside from points Durant doesn't really bring anything in terms of defense or rebounding.
Haha, sounds like me when I tried to advocate Carmelo for ROY

Looks like Boston and Detroit are back on track... Cleveland might be in trouble though...

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 12:15 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namy View Post
Haha, sounds like me when I tried to advocate Carmelo for ROY

Looks like Boston and Detroit are back on track... Cleveland might be in trouble though...
I'm hoping the Rockets win their series...
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 01:21 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
I find it interesting that D'Antoni may go to the Bulls. IMO, that's the perfect destination for him. He'll probably get along with the players pretty well there, and since they all know (or most of them) how to play defense already, he won't ever have to worry about that. His up-tempo style of play perfectly suits that team, and for Hinrich especially, under him, I'd expect a drastic boost in performance. To me, that'd be ideal.

I also like the fact that the Mavs and Suns almost assuredly will not swap coaches, leaving the opportunity open for me to get my wish with Avery either going to the Grizzlies or the Knicks. And actually, if he went to the Grizzlies, Jackson to the Knicks, and Iavaroni back to the Suns, everything might work out perfectly.
If Iavaroni came back to the Suns it would only be as a assistant

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 01:56 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
If Iavaroni came back to the Suns it would only be as a assistant
You think so? He seems to be the perfect blend of wanting to play defense and an up-tempo style that would be ideal for them. I couldn't think of a better fit, unless it's Carlisle. I don't particularly remember his style of play.
Old 05-02-2008, 02:06 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even though I didn't like it then.. I miss the 'No Defense' games between the Mavericks and Suns..

WMD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 02:10 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

So is Caron Butler god or god?
Old 05-02-2008, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagHombre22 View Post
I'm hoping the Rockets win their series...
If they beat the Jazz tonight I'll give them a good chance to win the series... but I just highly doubt they (or ANY team for that matter) can beat Utah TWICE in Salt Lake in a playoff series

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 03:48 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

im going to the highlight factory tonight!
go hawks!
Old 05-02-2008, 04:10 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalconer View Post
im going to the highlight factory tonight!
go hawks!
Be sure to let Josh Smith know that he owes me 2 years in back child support.

WMD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 05:59 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm glad that the Hawks made the playoffs because prior to the playoffs the casual NBA fan probably didn't know who Joe Johnson or Josh Smith were, now they have gained so many fans for their play. I'd even go as far as to say that more people knew who Al Horford is than Johnson and Smith.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 07:10 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
I'm glad that the Hawks made the playoffs because prior to the playoffs the casual NBA fan probably didn't know who Joe Johnson or Josh Smith were, now they have gained so many fans for their play. I'd even go as far as to say that more people knew who Al Horford is than Johnson and Smith.
Joe Johnson is pretty well known because of his days with the Suns and Smith is pretty well known for the dunk contest.

RIP TheManInBlack