Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-02-2008, 11:08 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
I dunno if this is old or not but..

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/8...wins-MVP-award
Simply a result of him not winning it in his best season. Chris Paul led his team to be as good without someone as good as Pau Gasol, and even the rest of the starting lineup far beats out the Hornets. LeBron was way more valuable to his team, as without them they are certainly the worst team in the league. Yet Kobe wins because he's had a good career and hasn't won yet. Thankfully Paul and LeBron or young as they both deserved it over Kobe IMO.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 11:11 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hopefully this is a sign of Paul going further into the playoffs than Kobe, but I don't see it. Just so long as we don't have the Spurs again...
Old 05-02-2008, 11:22 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LeBron didn't, I don't think anyone from the East deserved it over Kobe or Paul. I wouldn't mind if Paul would have won it but I do think Kobe deserved this MVP if the report is in fact true. He's done everything people have been asking for. Last three season he's been scoring at will.. He gets labeled a ball hog and not a team player. This season he gets his team involved, still scores and takes over games, and his team is the best in the west.. What else does he need to do?

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 12:51 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown View Post
Simply a result of him not winning it in his best season. Chris Paul led his team to be as good without someone as good as Pau Gasol, and even the rest of the starting lineup far beats out the Hornets. LeBron was way more valuable to his team, as without them they are certainly the worst team in the league. Yet Kobe wins because he's had a good career and hasn't won yet. Thankfully Paul and LeBron or young as they both deserved it over Kobe IMO.
so because kobe had pau you want to punish him?

you are SEVERELY underrating the hornets if you think the hornets have nobody outside of chris paul.

and why should lebron win it? the cavs record sucked.

Last edited by soybean : 05-03-2008 at 01:01 AM.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 02:03 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
so because kobe had pau you want to punish him?

you are SEVERELY underrating the hornets if you think the hornets have nobody outside of chris paul.

and why should lebron win it? the cavs record sucked.
You can make a case that Paul doesnt have a guy like Gasol although David West is having one heck of a year. Just last season Kobe is whining saying he wanted to be traded just because he wasnt on a good team. Lets look at the stats. Paul has more steals, destroys Kobe in assists, has just as many rebounds per game. Kobe has about 8 more points a game but also takes about 5 more attempts per game than Paul does. Chris also has less turnovers. The fact is Paul gets his teammates involved more than Kobe does and since its a team game I would have given it to Chris Paul. T-Mac has meant more to his team more than Kobe has. He led a team that had Yao and Alston hurt, 2 rookies starting, and a 42 year old center to the playoffs. If that happened to Kobe he would just request a trade.
Old 05-03-2008, 04:21 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
You can make a case that Paul doesnt have a guy like Gasol although David West is having one heck of a year. Just last season Kobe is whining saying he wanted to be traded just because he wasnt on a good team. Lets look at the stats. Paul has more steals, destroys Kobe in assists, has just as many rebounds per game. Kobe has about 8 more points a game but also takes about 5 more attempts per game than Paul does. Chris also has less turnovers. The fact is Paul gets his teammates involved more than Kobe does and since its a team game I would have given it to Chris Paul. T-Mac has meant more to his team more than Kobe has. He led a team that had Yao and Alston hurt, 2 rookies starting, and a 42 year old center to the playoffs. If that happened to Kobe he would just request a trade.
so basically, the mvp should always go to a point guard. you have to take into account, position into 4/5 of those statistics.

and if you want to use the on a bad team arguement, then durant should get the MVP since without him the sonics wouldn't have had any wins. why not give it to duncan? amare? josh smith?

and if it's all about statistics why not give it to jason kidd over chris paul?
Old 05-03-2008, 09:35 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

Looks like Rick Carlisle is the new Mavs HC. I like it.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 11:03 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post

Good signing, I liked the way he coached that Pacers squad, but we still need some changes made on the roster, too bad were short a 1st rd pick already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 11:24 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A 1st round pick in the mid 20's wouldn't help this team much any ways. Most of the time, there's nothing but a bunch of bench players and Europeans who will never do anything in this league in the late first. But some serious personnel changes would be best IMO. I'll keep Dirk, who is still a franchise player, and despite the embarrassing loss, he played very well in the NO series. I mean 27pts and 12reb avg is damn good.

Josh has to be out of here. He just can't get it done when it counts. He disappears far to much and makes to many mistakes. The value on him maybe still somewhat high, so if we can involve in a trade to bring in somebody like Artest, Redd or anyone else who can either add some heart and toughness to this team or be that #2 scoring threat would make me extremely happy.

Not sure if were going to go into Full rebuilding mode quite yet, it's just not in Cubans character to do so right away. Dirk is still a fine damn player, we just need to fine the right pieces.
Old 05-03-2008, 12:13 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just want to get bigger up front, we need guys like Milsap from Utah, Landry or Scola from the Rockets, we use to have quite a few guys like that a few years ago that would do the dirty work for you, block shots, take charges, get offensive boards...Utility guys, that can be all their good at, but we need some guys with size that wouldnt mind taking that role...If were going to stay as small as we are we are going to have to play fast pace basketball and do it better then everybody else...I haven't seen us have a real center I don't think ever so that would be a good start, we have some options with Kidd having a few good years left so I would start moving some guys around, because change is needed.

I don't know the situation with Artest, but I think he would be a great start for a guy to go after.

Quote:
Old 05-03-2008, 12:17 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
A 1st round pick in the mid 20's wouldn't help this team much any ways. Most of the time, there's nothing but a bunch of bench players and Europeans who will never do anything in this league in the late first. But some serious personnel changes would be best IMO. I'll keep Dirk, who is still a franchise player, and despite the embarrassing loss, he played very well in the NO series. I mean 27pts and 12reb avg is damn good.

Josh has to be out of here. He just can't get it done when it counts. He disappears far to much and makes to many mistakes. The value on him maybe still somewhat high, so if we can involve in a trade to bring in somebody like Artest, Redd or anyone else who can either add some heart and toughness to this team or be that #2 scoring threat would make me extremely happy.

Not sure if were going to go into Full rebuilding mode quite yet, it's just not in Cubans character to do so right away. Dirk is still a fine damn player, we just need to fine the right pieces.
You can have Redd...he's a lazy POS

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 12:19 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I just want to get bigger up front, we need guys like Milsap from Utah, Landry or Scola from the Rockets, we use to have quite a few guys like that a few years ago that would do the dirty work for you, block shots, take charges, get offensive boards...Utility guys, that can be all their good at, but we need some guys with size that wouldnt mind taking that role...If were going to stay as small as we are we are going to have to play fast pace basketball and do it better then everybody else...I haven't seen us have a real center I don't think ever so that would be a good start, we have some options with Kidd having a few good years left so I would start moving some guys around, because change is needed.

I don't know the situation with Artest, but I think he would be a great start for a guy to go after.
We have dampier and hes been playing better, our center isnt the problem dirk just needs someone to help him, hes carrying the team on his back. I read somewhere dirk is getting sick of josh howard and seems like he wants him out and if cuban knows whats good for the team he needs to trade him and get someone who is series about the playoffs and someone who will help dirk . I have been looking at artest since we lost to the hornets and with him helping dirk out i think we have a good chance at the finals next year. Artest brings toughness, defense, scoring, and presence. But we'll have to wait and see what cuban does with howard first.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 12:26 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
We have dampier and hes been playing better, our center isnt the problem dirk just needs someone to help him, hes carrying the team on his back. I read somewhere dirk is getting sick of josh howard and seems like he wants him out and if cuban knows whats good for the team he needs to trade him and get someone who is series about the playoffs and someone who will help dirk . I have been looking at artest since we lost to the hornets and with him helping dirk out i think we have a good chance at the finals next year. Artest brings toughness, defense, scoring, and presence. But we'll have to wait and see what cuban does with howard first.

I'm just not a big fan of Dampier, I think he's a backup Center at best, he has no explosion, seems like his knees are bad, and when he matches up with somebody like Chandler he's not even close to keeping up...I'm all for keeping him, but we need somebody else at least.

If we do shop Howard his value would be pretty high to a young team, he's flashed more potential then Gerald Wallace did when he signed with Charlotte and he got a huge contract, when Josh is on he is an all-pro so if we do a player for player deal we might be able to end up with somebody pretty solid.

And yes all those reasons about what Artest brings are the reasons that I want him, and guys like him...Jermaine O'neal is another guy I'm wondering about who would help us immensely.

Quote:
Old 05-03-2008, 12:35 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Was really hoping he would be our HC in AZ but I guess not

anyone know if you can trade coaches for picks in the NBA?

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 12:41 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
You can have Redd...he's a lazy POS
I look at the Bucks roster, and just wonder why they aren't better? On paper they have some great talent. Though I'm not going to act like I know what the problem is, since I've seen very little of them.
Old 05-03-2008, 12:50 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I look at the Bucks roster, and just wonder why they aren't better? On paper they have some great talent. Though I'm not going to act like I know what the problem is, since I've seen very little of them.
Mo Williams is really a shoot first, pass second type point guard. Like I said Redd is lazy and isn't, IMO, the same palyer he was when he signed his big deal. At small forward there's alot of average talent unless Charlie V is being considered a 3 then there's a bit of a bright spot. Yi Jianlian didn't develop this season like the coaching staff and management was hopeful for. Bogut is the most consistent part on this team. Ramon Sessions came on at the end of the year and hopefully he's a bright spot in the future too. There's alot of players on this team that are overpaid : Mo Williams, Charlie Bell, Bobby Simmons, and Dan Gadzuric. Michael Redd could be considered too. Hammonds has some work to do with roster to get them motivated and playing at the level that they have shown at one point. Scott Skiles as the coach will help in that process, but I don't know how many of the current pieces will be around much longer. I'd like to see Bogut, Villanueva, and Sessions be the pieces that stick around.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you guys have to see this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cQjjvFAf6Q

ROFL!! lol

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 02:34 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was expecting Zaza to bust out some of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dw9yEuwohkk
Old 05-03-2008, 04:13 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hawks had the best scoreboard intro last year :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar8sO1BSBy0

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 05:55 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Hawks had the best scoreboard intro last year :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar8sO1BSBy0
I don't know if that'd get me amped up and all that, but that was pretty sweet.
Old 05-03-2008, 06:01 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
so basically, the mvp should always go to a point guard. you have to take into account, position into 4/5 of those statistics.

and if you want to use the on a bad team arguement, then durant should get the MVP since without him the sonics wouldn't have had any wins. why not give it to duncan? amare? josh smith?

and if it's all about statistics why not give it to jason kidd over chris paul?
I think you can make a case about using the bad team argument. Kobe actually had a better year last year yet he didnt win. He scored more points last year and pretty much had the same number steals per game and almost identical stats. His rebounds are a little bit up but that is about it. The fact is, his team is first in the conference compared to one of the last seeds last year. The one new addition to his team is Pau.

Personally, I think there are better selections than Kobe for MVP. LeBron definitely means more to his team than probably the majority of the players. You take LBJ off of the Cavs and I think they would be a lottery selection. Daniel Gibson is a pretty good player but they dont have much else on that team besides James.

I just hate how when I see ESPN argue about who is deserving of MVP and their one excuse is that Chris Paul is young and will have many times to win the MVP so they give the nod to Kobe. How does being younger give Kobe the edge over Chris?
Old 05-03-2008, 10:33 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hack-a-Tyson, brilliant basketball by the Spurs.

Reigning champs..
Old 05-03-2008, 11:18 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Hornets might win this one, Paul is still damn near impossible to stop when he penetrates, lightning fast first step.

Quote:
Old 05-04-2008, 01:18 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm so torn, I love KG and I want him to get a championship, but it would be pretty sweet to see the Hawks pull off the upset. Should be interesting either way.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 04:56 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

david west > tim duncan.