Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-13-2008, 10:30 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Please tell me you're kidding. Jameer Nelson played his heart out. It was not his fault that we lost this series, at all...I dont know what you were watching because, he proved a lot in these playoffs. Foul trouble and FT shooting were a bit of a problem in this series but, he was fantastic...you couldn't ask for much more.

Jameer is fine at the point and that says a lot coming from me....because, not too long ago I wanted to run him out of town. What we need is a real PF or two who can actually get some rebounds and play inside the post...so, not another Tony Battie or Brian Cook. This isnt a team that is that far away...you get a couple of bigs to help off the bench and you let this team grow together. We werent that far off from winning this series.
Playing hard is not his problem. Yeah, he plays hard. He's just not capable of running a championship caliber team. What did he prove? In case you forgot the first two games of the series where Chauncey just owned Jameer, let me just remind you... the guy can't play defense. Never could, never will. Can he control the flow of the game? No. He didn't prove that. Can he set up his teammates? I think Dwight will vouch for me there. Any real PG would've had a field day making use of Dwight in the paint. So he proved that he can't play D, can't control the game, can't set up his teammates.... so uh... I'll tell you what he proved. He proved he can score in bunches. That's what I call a spark plug player, useful off the bench.

I hear you on the help in the paint. However, PG is a bigger need. First off, complimentary PFs are easy to find. Secondly, by putting a true PF on the floor, that takes up a spot where Hedo and Rashard are currently playing. Can they play the 2, yeah, but not full time. They have the offensive mindset of a 2 guard, but defensively, they'd be outmatched. Both are slow footed and not very limber.

Now if the building philosophy of this team changes to where Turk is shipped out of town, then PF becomes a bigger need. But right now with Turk and Shard, PG is the biggest issue.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 10:33 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TJ Ford and anthony parker/jamario moon/carlos delfino for Hedo? Discuss
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 10:36 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man I LOVE moving picks!

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!
saintsfan912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 10:36 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
TJ Ford and anthony parker/jamario moon/carlos delfino for Hedo? Discuss
Another European SF over 6'10 for the Raptors to **** up?

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 10:37 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Another European SF over 6'10 for the Raptors to **** up?
Hedo is the type of scorer we need to take pressure of of bosh
Old 05-13-2008, 10:40 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yes that's what the Raptors need, scoring. Not post defense, scoring.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-13-2008, 10:44 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Playing hard is not his problem. Yeah, he plays hard. He's just not capable of running a championship caliber team. What did he prove? In case you forgot the first two games of the series where Chauncey just owned Jameer, let me just remind you... the guy can't play defense. Never could, never will. Can he control the flow of the game? No. He didn't prove that. Can he set up his teammates? I think Dwight will vouch for me there. Any real PG would've had a field day making use of Dwight in the paint. So he proved that he can't play D, can't control the game, can't set up his teammates.... so uh... I'll tell you what he proved. He proved he can score in bunches. That's what I call a spark plug player, useful off the bench.

I hear you on the help in the paint. However, PG is a bigger need. First off, complimentary PFs are easy to find. Secondly, by putting a true PF on the floor, that takes up a spot where Hedo and Rashard are currently playing. Can they play the 2, yeah, but not full time. They have the offensive mindset of a 2 guard, but defensively, they'd be outmatched. Both are slow footed and not very limber.

Now if the building philosophy of this team changes to where Turk is shipped out of town, then PF becomes a bigger need. But right now with Turk and Shard, PG is the biggest issue.
I dont see how you can say that he isnt capable of running a championship caliber team...because, he didnt do anything to cost us this series. He was the one keeping us in games and taking the big shots. Does he get over matched defensively? Yes but, he is no slouch on the offensive end and he is an improving passer, who made strides in his play this season. You say he didnt find Dwight? Please, eveyone was trying to get the ball to Dwight. Fact is, he was getting outclassed in the paint...he couldnt do anything against the much more physical Pistons. Jameer does a fine job at dictating the pace of the game...I dont see the problem here...and you say he doesnt find his teammates but, we did end up leading the East in points and his assists per 48 minutes statistic is right up there w/ some of the East's top distributors...I'd say he is doing a pretty bang up job in his role. Now, I agree his defense needs work and it does suck that he is like 5'10 but, he was in no way the reason why we lost this series and I dont see any reason why we cant go farther w/ him leading the way.

As for the 2nd part...I disagree that PG is the bigger need. Otis Smith stressed how important it was to re-sign Keyon Dooling and as much as you dont like it...Otis def. believes in Jameer, giving him all that money and naming him team co-captain. So, we probably wont be addressing the position at all...not with a starter or primary backup atleast. With the whole addition of a PF thing...Rashard would still start, obviously...but, that PF would give us so much more flexibility to move Rashard and Turk around and greatly help a struggling rebounding team. I honestly believe they are only one or two quality bigs away.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 05-13-2008 at 11:01 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 10:47 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsfan912 View Post
Why not get a guy like Haslem from Miami?
He was actually someone they were looking at but, Otis refused to trade Redick for him for some reason.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 10:48 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Refused to trade Redick for him? Wow, that is just ********.

Who Dat Nation!
Old 05-13-2008, 10:52 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

Horry is gonna end up getting his ass kicked for doing **** like that.

Who Dat Nation!
Old 05-13-2008, 10:53 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Yes that's what the Raptors need, scoring. Not post defense, scoring.
honestly right now their number one need is getting a second option to take some pressure off of bosh. Bargnanis defence improved a huge amount this past year and actually played solid defence in the magic series, bosh is also a good defender(he just cant contain Dwight)
Old 05-13-2008, 11:00 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i can't watch the game because i have to study for my final but

HOW MANY TIMES DOES DAVID WEST HAVE TO PROVE ME RIGHT?

DAVID WEST >>>>> TIM DUNCAN
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 11:05 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
i can't watch the game because i have to study for my final but

HOW MANY TIMES DOES DAVID WEST HAVE TO PROVE ME RIGHT?

DAVID WEST >>>>> TIM DUNCAN
ONE GAME OF OUTPERFORMING! OVERREACT OVERLOAD! Last game Duncan had 22/15 and West had 10/5 but you'll neglect that for one half of betterness.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-13-2008, 11:07 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
ONE GAME OF OUTPERFORMING! OVERREACT OVERLOAD! Last game Duncan had 22/15 and West had 10/5 but you'll neglect that for one half of betterness.
how bout the first 2 games? or the 2-3 times earlier this year?????

forget about what he's done in previous seasons, if you just look at this season, and their head to head matchups ill take D-WEST.

HATERS WANNA BE ME!
Old 05-13-2008, 11:07 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

Or out performing him all season long. That could be it too. Duncan is getting old though, age is catching up with him.

Who Dat Nation!
Old 05-13-2008, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
how bout the first 2 games? or the 2-3 times earlier this year?????

forget about what he's done in previous seasons, if you just look at this season, and their head to head matchups ill take D-WEST.

HATERS WANNA BE ME!
Sans Game 1, they've been pretty even all series. And in the regular season Duncan averaged 22.5/10.5/3 while West averaged 23/6.8/2. Man that West is so obviously superior.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-13-2008, 11:14 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

how bout when he whooped his ass the first time they played this year?

EDIT: second time they played
Old 05-13-2008, 11:16 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

Duncan - 19.3/11.3/2.0/49%
West - 20.6/8.9/1.3/48%

And I guess people tend to forget West has Tyson Chandler down low taking all the boards. Who does Timmy have? Oberto, Kurt Thomas?

Who Dat Nation!
Old 05-13-2008, 11:17 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
how bout when he whooped his ass the first time they played this year?

EDIT: second time they played
And Duncan whooped his ass the first time, what's your point?

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-13-2008, 11:20 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

Quote:
And Duncan whooped his ass the first time, what's your point?
what's that? ah yes, david west scored again.
Old 05-13-2008, 11:23 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

Where In The **** Is The Over The Back!?!?!?!

Who Dat Nation!
Old 05-13-2008, 11:26 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

you know why tim duncan isn't guarding D west? because he'd foul out before the 4th quarter.
Old 05-13-2008, 11:28 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

That and they are scared of CP to TC!

And what's with Popovich and his ******* hacking off ball? Never understood that *** ass ***** ****.

Who Dat Nation!
Old 05-13-2008, 11:29 PM    (permalink
Hwoarang
Veteran

Hwoarang is a cocksman.Hwoarang is a cocksman.Hwoarang is a cocksman.

Man Duncan cries too much. He's too good of a player to cry like a ***** like he does.

Also correct me if i'm wrong but every game this series the team that led at half time lost the game.
Hwoarang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 11:32 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I thought that's what Bargnani was supposed to do.