Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-14-2008, 08:43 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The 3rd quarter is when the Suns always lost there games, that's how I know D'Antoni was a bad coach

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 08:43 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All of a sudden, Jay's complaining is silent. Coincidence? I think not.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 08:48 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
The 3rd quarter is when the Suns always lost there games, that's how I know D'Antoni was a bad coach
The Celtics are opening it up in the 3rd, and Doc is a terrible coach.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 08:53 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Sincerely,
Spoiled Boston Fan
Yeah I know, we are totally spoiled. But I've seen guys go balls to the wall and do what it takes to win, and I'm not seeing it. Anyone can do it at home. So whatever. Maybe they win tonight, maybe they don't. Right now things look good, but 10 minutes ago, they were down by 10. My problem is that they are better than this. They haven't won anything, and they don't deserve to be treated like they did until they do. So I've decided to take a step back and wait and see. Believe it or not, I am not much of a **** talker, and I had no problem complimenting the Atlanta fans on just how great their team played and no one should ever forget that I was the first to congratulate the Giants fans when they won. If we win, we win. This team should win. It's expected.
Old 05-14-2008, 08:53 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Are you really going there now? He was the greatest thing while he was the coach for you guys, now he sucks? Homer Alert!~
Old 05-14-2008, 09:00 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
Yeah I know, we are totally spoiled. But I've seen guys go balls to the wall and do what it takes to win, and I'm not seeing it. Anyone can do it at home. So whatever. Maybe they win tonight, maybe they don't. Right now things look good, but 10 minutes ago, they were down by 10. My problem is that they are better than this. They haven't won anything, and they don't deserve to be treated like they did until they do. So I've decided to take a step back and wait and see. Believe it or not, I am not much of a **** talker, and I had no problem complimenting the Atlanta fans on just how great their team played and no one should ever forget that I was the first to congratulate the Giants fans when they won. If we win, we win. This team should win. It's expected.
A quarter ago, Cleveland was shooting 50% from the field, and Wally was killing us with threes. Boston's played fine defensively tonight, and now their shots are falling. You had the overreaction of all overreactions to the first half, and completely ignored Cleveland's way-too-high FG%, and how it was close because of how well Boston defended Cleveland, forcing a lot of TOs.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 09:01 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
That's my problem with your whole stance. The whole spoiled kid mentality, like it's owed to you that Boston has to win. There are many teams who expect to win, Boston isn't the lone team designated as the team expected to win and therefore must win in order to live up to some made up hype. I have the same problem with some Dallas Cowboys fans who think the same way.

Btw, I'm not calling you a spoiled kid per se, I'm just saying that's kinda what it sounds like for comparison's sake.
Old 05-14-2008, 09:12 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
That's my problem with your whole stance. The whole spoiled kid mentality, like it's owed to you that Boston has to win. There are many teams who expect to win, Boston isn't the lone team designated as the team expected to win and therefore must win in order to live up to some made up hype. I have the same problem with some Dallas Cowboys fans who think the same way.

Btw, I'm not calling you a spoiled kid per se, I'm just saying that's kinda what it sounds like for comparison's sake.
No, I understand, but you don't go 66-16 in the regular season, talking big about how much you want it and then throw up those stinkers in Cleveland, or the three stinkers in Atlanta, and look absolutely heartless in the process.

The problem I am having is consistency and heart. They just never seem to have either, and all I heard these guys talk about all year was how bad they wanted it. Well, you're here now. Show me.

Yes, we are completely spoiled here. We've watched five championships stroll through town this decade, and the Celtics fan looks up at 16 banners in the rafters. So yeah, I do expect this team to win. They are supposed to win. I don't think I am really going to any extremes. I will consistently say this team is supposed to win every game it plays. They should be that good. But I think I've just come to realize that with the Celtics, I am in no position to talk like anything is a given, because they haven't proven anything yet.

Looking good so far, so I'll just leave it at that. But they need to make it happen in Cleveland before I get any confidence back...
Old 05-14-2008, 09:18 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
No, I understand, but you don't go 66-16 in the regular season, talking big about how much you want it and then throw up those stinkers in Cleveland, or the three stinkers in Atlanta, and look absolutely heartless in the process.

The problem I am having is consistency and heart. They just never seem to have either, and all I heard these guys talk about all year was how bad they wanted it. Well, you're here now. Show me.

Yes, we are completely spoiled here. We've watched five championships stroll through town this decade, and the Celtics fan looks up at 16 banners in the rafters. So yeah, I do expect this team to win. They are supposed to win. I don't think I am really going to any extremes. I will consistently say this team is supposed to win every game it plays. They should be that good. But I think I've just come to realize that with the Celtics, I am in no position to talk like anything is a given, because they haven't proven anything yet.

Looking good so far, so I'll just leave it at that. But they need to make it happen in Cleveland before I get any confidence back...
Well they have given you a lot of hope for big things in the playoffs, so I can understand that. But you should realize the regular season is over when the regular season is over. Team records don't (shouldn't) mean much.
Old 05-14-2008, 09:22 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Rondo is having a great game, but I think people will begin to overrate him as a player. Pretty sure he wouldn't have the same success being on... say.... a Memphis Grizzlies squad.
Old 05-14-2008, 09:32 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Got to love how Paul Pierce passes the ball late in the 4th so James Posey can take a 3. Come on.
Old 05-14-2008, 09:42 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just disgusting how the Cavs gave this game away.
RoyHall#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 09:47 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

I'm convinced that the Celtics will win this series...just because Cleveland can't win on the road...
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 09:55 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Rondo is having a great game, but I think people will begin to overrate him as a player. Pretty sure he wouldn't have the same success being on... say.... a Memphis Grizzlies squad.
Rondo's very good at what he does, but he just isn't the natural scorer yet. I actually would like his chances on the Grizzlies in particular with guys like Miller and Rudy there, but yeah, he can't carry a team due to the offensive inabilities. His passing, speed, and defense are superb, though.
Old 05-14-2008, 09:56 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

Lakers out to an awesome start....Kobe with 7 early points...Utah with 5 turnovers thus far...

LET'S GO LAKE SHOW!
Old 05-14-2008, 09:58 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Well they have given you a lot of hope for big things in the playoffs, so I can understand that. But you should realize the regular season is over when the regular season is over. Team records don't (shouldn't) mean much.
I liken it to the Patriots this year. Once you go 16-0, it's Super Bowl or bust. No one cares that they went 18-1, just that they lost the Super Bowl. All I am saying is the Celtics, more than anything, need to make sure that the game they play on Sunday is Game 1 of the Eastern Conference Finals. And if it's not, they better have left their heart on the floor trying to make it happen...
Old 05-14-2008, 11:55 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Holy jesus.. this is historic.. Look at each teams current lineup on the floor.

Lakers: Pau Gasol, Luke Walton, Vlad Radmanovic, Jordan Farmar, Sasha Vujacic
Jazz: Andrei Kirilenko, Mehmet Okur, Matt Harpring, Kyle Korver, Deron Williams

That's right.. not one black man! Al Sharpton is gonna be pissed.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 12:02 AM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
Holy jesus.. this is historic.. Look at each teams current lineup on the floor.

Lakers: Pau Gasol, Luke Walton, Vlad Radmanovic, Jordan Farmar, Sasha Vujacic
Jazz: Andrei Kirilenko, Mehmet Okur, Matt Harpring, Kyle Korver, Deron Williams

That's right.. not one black man! Al Sharpton is gonna be pissed.
could have sworn that Walton was black, my mistake...
Old 05-15-2008, 12:09 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Uh... but Farmar and Deron are...
Old 05-15-2008, 12:09 AM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

holy ****....Lamar Odom is perfect at the line, when was the last time that happened?
Old 05-15-2008, 12:10 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
Not by my rules.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 12:10 AM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
thetedginnshow, meet the joke....

joke, meet the thetedginnshow....
Old 05-15-2008, 12:16 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagHombre22 View Post
thetedginnshow, meet the joke....

joke, meet the thetedginnshow....
My bad. People always get that wrong so I wasn't sure since it isn't that funny.

All the stars seem to be stepping up this game though.
Old 05-15-2008, 12:16 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im pretty sure farmar is hispanic.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 12:20 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Deron Williams is so F'n clutch!

EDIT:too bad Gasol is a beast...What the hell was Boozer doing besides watching lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Last edited by LonghornsLegend : 05-15-2008 at 12:22 AM.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote