Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is James Harden your favorite player?
Yes 63 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-18-2008, 05:42 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Pistons aren't going to "destroy" the Celtics. But Boston will definetly need to win at least one road game.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Unless this is sarcasm you are completely dumb.
I'm mostly kidding but he did get outhustled on the jump ball return by Pierce, miss a key free throw, and had a terrible drive through the lane in the last two minutes.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 05:45 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yay! Go Celtics.
Old 05-18-2008, 05:56 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I'm mostly kidding but he did get outhustled on the jump ball return by Pierce, miss a key free throw, and had a terrible drive through the lane in the last two minutes.
As if that would outweigh what he did to get them into that position, West missed a wide open 3 that would of tied the game at 91, Jones also missed one completely wide open...Lebron isn't capable of playing a perfect flawless game, but had he got more help(Boobie being out hurt) alot of those situations wouldn't of came up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 05:56 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.

Cavs should make a run at Shawn Marion.

Play LeBron at PG/SG/SF and play Marion at SF/PF. Marion would fill the Scottie Pippen role perfectly.
eaglesfan_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Gotta give the Cleveland Lebrons tons of props. They got more out of Delonte West and Wally Sczerbiak then I thought was humanly possible, and quite frankly, played two games I didn't think they had any business playing. It would be so easy to blame that on poor play from the Celtics, but that would diminish the fact that Cleveland earned all three of their wins, so I just won't do it.

Moving on to Detroit, the Celtics need to play with this kind of intensity EVERY GAME, or Detroit will eat them up. They can't be lackadaisical like they were in this series. Unfortunately, I see this one going seven too...
Old 05-18-2008, 05:57 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
As if that would outweigh what he did to get them into that position, West missed a wide open 3 that would of tied the game at 91, Jones also missed one completely wide open...Lebron isn't capable of playing a perfect flawless game, but had he got more help(Boobie being out hurt) alot of those situations wouldn't of came up.

It's not like Gibson was doing anything in this series anyway.
Old 05-18-2008, 05:58 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesfan_45 View Post
Cavs should make a run at Shawn Marion.

Play LeBron at PG/SG/SF and play Marion at SF/PF. Marion would fill the Scottie Pippen role perfectly.
I think the Ben Wallace and Wally Sczerbiak contracts will make that pretty improbable... especially considering this next year is Lebron's last year under contract and they need to get something done there...
Old 05-18-2008, 06:02 PM    (permalink
dbro
Rookie

dbro hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Game 7 NOH 97 SAS 85

Pistons vs Celtics
Pistons win in a six game series.

Lakers vs Hornets
Hornets win in five. Kobe will put up monster points, but i think in atleast to games he will have nearly 50% of their points. Gasol wont be able to put up numbers on Chandler.

Finals
Pistons over Hornets in five games
Old 05-18-2008, 06:06 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbro View Post
Game 7 NOH 97 SAS 85

Pistons vs Celtics
Pistons win in a six game series.

Lakers vs Hornets
Hornets win in five. Kobe will put up monster points, but i think in atleast to games he will have nearly 50% of their points. Gasol wont be able to put up numbers on Chandler.

Finals
Pistons over Hornets in five games

Hornets win in 5? No way. I do think they win that series, just because the Lakers have no one to guard CP3, but it will take more than 5 games.
Old 05-18-2008, 06:16 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Hornets win in 5? No way. I do think they win that series, just because the Lakers have no one to guard CP3, but it will take more than 5 games.
Fisher did a serviceable job on D. Williams...what makes you think he can't at least disrupt CP3?

the two teams split the season series...so to say that one team has an advantage over the other is non sense...

and Pau Gasol will put up points on Chandler...mark it down...
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 06:20 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagHombre22 View Post
Fisher did a serviceable job on D. Williams...what makes you think he can't at least disrupt CP3?

the two teams split the season series...so to say that one team has an advantage over the other is non sense...

As great as Williams is, Paul definetly has the edge in quickness, and I would doubt that a 33 year old Derek Fisher will be able to keep him out of the paint.
Old 05-18-2008, 06:21 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And yet another year where Cavs fans will go into the offseason daring to hope for the Cavs to get LeBron his 2nd option.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
yo123
Legend

Quote:

How is it nonsense to make a prediction? Am I supposed to say they're going to tie?
dbro
Rookie

Quote:

You wanna make a sig bet on the over/under Pau Gasol avg. points for the series if the Hornets beat the spurs
Old 05-18-2008, 06:26 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DWill is also not as fast or quick as CP3. I am a fan of Fisher but I don't think he comes close to containing CP3. Gasol may put up his points but whose gonna guard David West? Whose gonna guard Peja? I'm assuming Kobe will but who takes on Mo Pete? The Hornets have alot more scorers than the Jazz do so it won't be as easy as Lakers fans think.

That's if/when we beat the Spurs. Game 7 scares the **** out of me just because of the inconsitancy of the officiating. It's been a pathetic display by the NBA officials this entire round of the playoffs.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!
saintsfan912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 06:26 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why WOULDN'T Pau be able to put numbers on Tyson Chandler? However I do agree that the Hornets have a good chance at beating us but Pau will put up his numbers. The key would be stopping David West, to which we don't have an answer to. I have faith that Derek Fisher will be able to guard Paul.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 06:28 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
I have faith that Derek Fisher will be able to guard Paul.

Ok, since you have faith I guess I stand corrected.
Old 05-18-2008, 06:29 PM    (permalink
dbro
Rookie

The reason i think Chandler will be able to shut him down is because the Hornets dont have to worry about an inside presence. The Lakers have no inside presence without Bynum. I think this allows Chandler to shadow Gasol around the perimeter which will make it harder for Pau to make his midrange shots.
And saying that i think it allows Odom and Kobe to put up some puts, thats why i said Kobe will come close to putting up almost 50% of their points in a couple of games
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsfan912 View Post
DWill is also not as fast or quick as CP3. I am a fan of Fisher but I don't think he comes close to containing CP3. Gasol may put up his points but whose gonna guard David West? Whose gonna guard Peja? I'm assuming Kobe will but who takes on Mo Pete? The Hornets have alot more scorers than the Jazz do so it won't be as easy as Lakers fans think.

That's if/when we beat the Spurs. Game 7 scares the **** out of me just because of the inconsitancy of the officiating. It's been a pathetic display by the NBA officials this entire round of the playoffs.

Who takes on Mo Pete? Morris ******* Peterson? That Mo Pete? I dont think the Lakers are too worried about him, nor should they be.
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ok, since you have faith I guess I stand corrected.
I'm just stating my opinion. I came away from the Jazz series impressed with the old guy. Just because I said it doesn't mean you have to agree with it.

Old 05-18-2008, 06:31 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Who takes on Mo Pete? Morris ******* Peterson? That Mo Pete? I dont think the Lakers are too worried about him, nor should they be.
Believe me, during the season Morris ******* Peterson did nothing. He has turned up his game big time during the playoffs though. If you have been paying attention, you would know this.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!
saintsfan912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 06:31 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbro View Post
The reason i think Chandler will be able to shut him down is because the Hornets dont have to worry about an inside presence. The Lakers have no inside presence without Bynum. I think this allows Chandler to shadow Gasol around the perimeter which will make it harder for Pau to make his midrange shots.
And saying that i think it allows Odom and Kobe to put up some puts, thats why i said Kobe will come close to putting up almost 50% of their points in a couple of games
Pau is midrange player so hitting mid range shots shouldn't matter. He also creates opportunities for other guys down low if he doesn't have the shot. We made it this far without one too.

Old 05-18-2008, 06:33 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
I'm just stating my opinion. I came away from the Jazz series impressed with the old guy. Just because I said it doesn't mean you have to agree with it.

I dont agree with it because he has averaged 24 points and 15 assists against the Lakers this year.
Old 05-18-2008, 06:36 PM    (permalink
dbro
Rookie

Do any of yall think that Kobe may Gaurd CP3 and while MoPete is in the game Fisher will gaurd him?