Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-19-2008, 02:07 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got the Hornets winning tonight, by the way.. but I think everyone here does.
Old 05-19-2008, 02:18 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
I got the Hornets winning tonight, by the way.. but I think everyone here does.
I got the Spurs winning the Championship buddy boy.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 02:24 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I am definitely not your buddy and my status as a boy is questionable.
Old 05-19-2008, 02:32 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
After the Magic dominated Game 5, I'm inclined to believe this man over WMD.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 05:17 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
I'm excited to watch Antonio McDyess play against Kevin Garnett.. Both are dying for their first NBA title.. I give the advantage to Antonio because he'll have this man watching his back:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3__lnOGJAA

and hopefully we see more of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-OZkyyT5mM
I don't care if McDyess has Shaq watching his back, KG has a gigantic advantage.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 05:21 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd rather see Sheed on Garnett and vice versa.
Agreed. If the DPOY is guarding Antonio ******* McDyess this series, the Celtics don't only need to fire Doc Rivers, they literally need to set fire to the man.
Old 05-19-2008, 05:27 PM    (permalink
dbro
Rookie

dbro hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If McDyess was the old McDyess before all the injuries it would be a real fun matchup, but KG has gotta gaurd Sheed to get a hand in his face on the perimeter. This also opens up the line for rip to drive off of pics from McDyess. If KG plays helpside, then Sheed will light up the three point line
Old 05-19-2008, 05:36 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

KG offensively doesn't worry me at all, he'll get his 15-20 points but it will all come from the perimeter, he is not an interior threat what so ever, I'll let him shoot outside and when he decides to take it in off the dribble he'll end up passing anyways.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 05:51 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
KG offensively doesn't worry me at all, he'll get his 15-20 points but it will all come from the perimeter, he is not an interior threat what so ever, I'll let him shoot outside and when he decides to take it in off the dribble he'll end up passing anyways.
His 4 games of 25 or higher show this.

Also, KG has some fantastic footwork in the post, and is a genuine offensive threat. He's not Paul Pierce, but the dude can score. I also don't know why him being a perimeter threat takes away the fear of him offensively.
Old 05-19-2008, 05:58 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
His 4 games of 25 or higher show this.

Also, KG has some fantastic footwork in the post, and is a genuine offensive threat. He's not Paul Pierce, but the dude can score. I also don't know why him being a perimeter threat takes away the fear of him offensively.
I'm saying no special attention needs to be paid to him, you don't need to double him or put the attention of an extra defender on him which disrupts your defensive flow. If he's going to score 40 on me from the perimeter I'll take that, because I guarantee it will take 25+ shots for him to do that. Let him live on the perimeter and not be assertive and that enables you to guard the perimeter with their shooters.

Old 05-19-2008, 06:06 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

Quote:
I'm saying no special attention needs to be paid to him, you don't need to double him or put the attention of an extra defender on him which disrupts your defensive flow. If he's going to score 40 on me from the perimeter I'll take that, because I guarantee it will take 25+ shots for him to do that. Let him live on the perimeter and not be assertive and that enables you to guard the perimeter with their shooters.
There's a difference between a perimeter shooter and what KG does. KG's turnaround jumper is fantastic, and he can beat players in a number of ways.
Old 05-19-2008, 06:35 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Regardless of how talented he is, what KG generally does is still on the perimeter. But so far, only euro Big's have proved to be able to handle him, so that might be an issue. But unless Ray snaps out of his funk, the Rondo vs. Billups match-up will be the most important of the series.
Old 05-19-2008, 06:39 PM    (permalink
dbro
Rookie

dbro hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
Regardless of how talented he is, what KG generally does is still on the perimeter. But so far, only euro Big's have proved to be able to handle him, so that might be an issue. But unless Ray snaps out of his funk, the Rondo vs. Billups match-up will be the most important of the series.
Thatll definately be the key, I think Rondo is like a smaller version of Tayshaun, because they both have such big wingspans and can gaurd different types of players.
Its just is Rondo strong enough to stop Billups from posting him up. I think Billups will have to get most of his offense on the block because Rondo can get a hnd in his face on every jump shot
Old 05-19-2008, 06:41 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maxiell is going to be a force in this series, love his game, very underrated...Somebody is going to have to keep a body on him or Det will control the glass all game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think for Boston to be successful, Ray Allen needs to at least come close to matching Rip Hamilton. If he doesn't, it's a massive mismatch that I don't think Boston can overcome.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-19-2008, 07:04 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I think for Boston to be successful, Ray Allen needs to at least come close to matching Rip Hamilton. If he doesn't, it's a massive mismatch that I don't think Boston can overcome.
Ray Allen's going to be an even smaller offensive threat, having to chase around Richard Hamilton he will have no legs at all on his shot. If they switch him to Prince he will get posted down, most likely he might even be put on Billups and have Rondo chase Hamilton off the screens.

Old 05-19-2008, 07:29 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Ray Allen's going to be an even smaller offensive threat, having to chase around Richard Hamilton he will have no legs at all on his shot. If they switch him to Prince he will get posted down, most likely he might even be put on Billups and have Rondo chase Hamilton off the screens.
Ray Allen's not going to be successful defending any of the Pistons starters over the course of 7 games, so Doc will have to adjust to that (assuming that he can, which is a big assumption).

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-19-2008, 07:30 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

Quote:
Ray Allen's not going to be successful defending any of the Pistons starters over the course of 7 games, so Doc will have to adjust to that (assuming that he can, which is a big assumption).
Fortunately, Doc doesn't have to. Thibs will do the adjustments defensively.
Old 05-19-2008, 07:35 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
Fortunately, Doc doesn't have to. Thibs will do the adjustments defensively.
Even though I'll never question the master that is Thibs, I still don't know how defensively the Celtics can match up with the Pistons backcourt. Rondo I think can handle Billups or Rip to a point, but Allen/Posey/House/Old Man River can't handle the other and I don't see Tony Allen actually getting minutes.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-19-2008, 08:01 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Manu really has Game 7 fouling problems.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-19-2008, 08:03 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Paul gets no free throws

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 08:04 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Manu tried to flop even when CP3 tapped him with his shoulder, he tried to do some type of backflip. He pisses me off so much

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 08:10 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
Manu tried to flop even when CP3 tapped him with his shoulder, he tried to do some type of backflip. He pisses me off so much
Paul's the one that oversold that foul.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-19-2008, 08:15 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Paul's the one that oversold that foul.
are u seriously.....sometimes i wonder if u even watch the game, paul did what he needed to do and make contact and shoot, manu did a friggen back flip off a shoulder tap.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 08:18 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
are u seriously.....sometimes i wonder if u even watch the game, paul did what he needed to do and make contact and shoot, manu did a friggen back flip off a shoulder tap.
Am I seriously? All Manu did is stand there and Paul just jumped off of him and oversold everything. It was after the clock expired anyway, so it doesn't matter.

RIP TheManInBlack