Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-05-2007, 11:08 AM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
As would every other single poster on the site, but if I wanted a team to win and a general to run my team no doubt behind Steve Nash and a healthy Kidd it would be Deron not Paul.
Paul is a better defender and scorer, and I also think he's the better playmaker. Tough for me to give Williams the nod in any category really.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 12:31 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
Paul is a better defender and scorer, and I also think he's the better playmaker. Tough for me to give Williams the nod in any category really.
Williams is a better distributor of the ball than Paul

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 12:31 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

F************************************************* *******************************
Gilbert Arenas out for the year, Caron Butler out for the yearF************************************************* ******************************

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 12:33 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Williams is a better distributor of the ball than Paul
They are very close in that regard and I think it's tough to give it to either of them. That said, Paul is easily the better defender and scorer which I think puts him ahead of Williams.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:34 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

F**************************************

Old 04-05-2007, 12:34 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
They are very close in that regard and I think it's tough to give it to either of them. That said, Paul is easily the better defender and scorer which I think puts him ahead of Williams.
Agree with the last portion; I would take Paul before Williams any day of the week

Old 04-05-2007, 12:44 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
F**************************************
Yeah man I feel ya. Sucks.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:45 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
Yeah man I feel ya. Sucks.
They had a good shot this year to with how shaky the East is, but with those two injuries they'll prolly be bounced in round 1

Old 04-05-2007, 12:46 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
They had a good shot this year to with how shaky the East is, but with those two injuries they'll prolly be bounced in round 1
Yup this year is basically wasted. Would have been more beneficial for these injuries to happen months ago. we could be in the race for Oden or Durant right now.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:48 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gilbert is a great player, as is Caron Butler. I feel badly for the Wizards. They're the one DC team I can actually tolerate...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 12:50 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

PG Antonio Daniels
SG Deshawn Stevenson
SF Jarvis Hayes
PF Antawn Jamison
C Brendan Haywood

M***** F*****!
Old 04-05-2007, 12:50 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
PG Antonio Daniels
SG Deshawn Stevenson
SF Jarvis Hayes
PF Antawn Jamison
C Brendan Haywood

M***** F*****!
OUCH!!!!!!!!

Old 04-05-2007, 12:59 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

This news has absolutely ruined my day. I am in such a horrible mood now. I mean I really didnt believe we would win it all but there was atleast hope. Now theres no hope at all, we will get swept in the first round and the season is in the toilet.
Old 04-05-2007, 01:16 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
PG Antonio Daniels
SG Deshawn Stevenson
SF Jarvis Hayes
PF Antawn Jamison
C Brendan Haywood

M***** F*****!
Etan>Brendan, the less of Ruffin I see the better, would like to see more mins from Songaila and even Calvin Booth who can hit the open shot, if Brendan get's 0 mins the rest of the season I'd be fine, also would like to see Mike Hall get more action over Mason JR., even though he is my boy from UVA his shooting and ballhandling haven't improved at all. Antonio was actually beastly yesterday with 18 points 17 assists, 0 turnovers as he is #1 in the NBA in Assists to turnover ratio. If any positive can be made atleast Gilbert and Caron will be healthy for next year, and our other players can get a chance to try to play without the big2, Jamison needs to step it up or we must package him with Haywood and our pick to get Gasol or someone who gives us a true inside man. If the Twolves will listen I'd trade Jamsion, Haywood, Hayes, and 2 future 1st rounders for him.

Old 04-05-2007, 01:19 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

I cant find any good way to look at this. The only good thing I can see about it is now people are expecting nothing from us, so anything we do positive from here on will be shocking.
Old 04-05-2007, 01:21 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
I cant find any good way to look at this. The only good thing I can see about it is now people are expecting nothing from us, so anything we do positive from here on will be shocking.
If we can get a team like the Raptors in the first round we have a chance in the first round atleast.

Old 04-05-2007, 01:23 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

We need some people to step up. AD, Deshawn and Songalia all need to play like they have never played before in order for us just to not be totally embarassed in the playoffs.
Old 04-05-2007, 01:36 PM    (permalink
rocco31fb
Veteran

rocco31fb hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
If we can get a team like the Raptors in the first round we have a chance in the first round atleast.
Are you kidding? The Raps are playing the best basketball out of any team in the East since the All-Star break, and even recently...WITHOUT BARGS AND GARBO! No team should want to face "a team like the Raptors." You're kidding yourselves.

Thanks eaglez.fan
rocco31fb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 01:39 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocco31fb View Post
Are you kidding? The Raps are playing the best basketball out of any team in the East since the All-Star break, and even recently...WITHOUT BARGS AND GARBO! No team should want to face "a team like the Raptors." You're kidding yourselves.
Id rather face the Raptors than the Pistons, Heat, Bulls or Cavs. It would be easier for us to beat a team with no playoff experience than those other teams. Your kidding yourself for thinking your team is hotter right now than a team like Chicago is.
Old 04-05-2007, 01:45 PM    (permalink
rocco31fb
Veteran

rocco31fb hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The fact of the matter is, we have proven ourselves recently against Washington, Chicago and Miami, and no one will give the Raps credit. The Raps will play tough. Playoff experience is over-rated IMO.

Thanks eaglez.fan
rocco31fb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 01:48 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
The fact of the matter is, we have proven ourselves recently against Washington, Chicago and Miami, and no one will give the Raps credit. The Raps will play tough. Playoff experience is over-rated IMO.
How is playoff experience overrated? Who you beat and who you didnt beat doesnt matter when your in the playoffs. You have a bunch of young kids who are gonna be enamored with being in the playoffs and a team like Detroit whose is filled with battle tested players are going to absolutely eat you alive. If someone needs to get real Id say its you.
Old 04-05-2007, 01:49 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Raptors are still a distant fourth, but with the Wizards injuries they should whipe the floor with them if that's how the matchup goes (which it should if they can hold off Miami)

Honestly I'd rather face the Wizards than the Knicks or Pacers right now.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 01:59 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No they aren't. Chicago has been one of the hottest team in the East since the All-Star Break. You guys are like 12-8 since the All-Star break. We're 16-6, got any other stats you want to bring up?

Also, we've been without Noce for about 2 months, and he's one of our top scorers. And we just smoked Detroit without Big Ben, Noce, and Griffin.

You are severely overrating your team in the playoffs. The Raptors are at best the #4 team in the East, and I'd actually put them as the #5 team. The records don't lie when it comes to this.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
No they aren't. Chicago has been one of the hottest team in the East since the All-Star Break. You guys are like 12-8 since the All-Star break. We're 16-6, got any other stats you want to bring up?

Also, we've been without Noce for about 2 months, and he's one of our top scorers. And we just smoked Detroit without Big Ben, Noce, and Griffin.

You are severely overrating your team in the playoffs. The Raptors are at best the #4 team in the East, and I'd actually put them as the #5 team. The records don't lie when it comes to this.
I just don't get why you think Chicago is so much more experienced. Most of the Bulls core players are very young as well.
Old 04-05-2007, 02:05 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Playoff experience is overrated? Are you kidding me? Wow, then you must not watch much sports.

And you also happen to play in the weakest division in the Eastern Conference as well. It's a joke. Your only competition is New Jersey and New York, that's pretty pathetic. Put any team like Detroit, Chicago, or Cleveland in that division and they'd be at least 20 games over .500 IMO.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote