Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who is the worst?
Brody 623421 54.74%
Sham 515531 45.26%
Voters: 1138952. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-09-2008, 11:09 AM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Meh, there are sob stories behind both teams winning. I don't think the NBA really cares who gets it, though I guarantee this is the exact finals they wanted...
Old 06-09-2008, 12:45 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A 28 free throw advantage...hilarious.
Old 06-09-2008, 12:46 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

someone from the SC boards brought up this point.

the difference in the two teams can be seen in two plays from last night

lamar odom drives to the hoop, PJ brown takes the charge.

leon powe drives to the hoop, luke walton gets out of his way and then tries to swat the ball.

we're soft.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 01:04 PM    (permalink
cdub11
Veteran

cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

does anyone else dislike the 2-3-2 format for the finals?
cdub11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Well then it's a good thing they're playing each other for the title and not the past 10 champions.

The lack of love the Celtics are getting is astounding. I don't really have an NBA team so it's not my Red Sox/Boston stuff kicking in (I root more for players than teams, with KG being one of my all-time faves) , but man they are underrated. 66 wins and they can't buy anyone to pick them to win. Not saying they'll win for sure, but Jesus, people are making it sound like it's the Showtime Lakers against the 06-07 Knicks.
I look good right now.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
A 28 free throw advantage...hilarious.
Well the Lakers have so many Europeans avoiding contact, I can see where the humor kicks in. Case in point:

But he was so big and mean looking!! Might have broke a nail...
Old 06-09-2008, 03:20 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No, that is not the reason for ******** calls.
Old 06-09-2008, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gasol's expression is priceless in that pic.

Up until the 4th quarter last night, Lakers aren't hitting threes. They need to, like they did in previous series this postseason. Radmanovich needs to stay out of foul trouble for that to happen.
Old 06-09-2008, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Which foul on Powe was BS other that MAYBE the Odom call? Your team is a bunch of jump shooters. You won't go to the free throw line playing that way. You've got those three soft Euro boys right there that just WATCHED Leon Powe blow right by them.

Your guys aren't getting calls because they aren't putting themselves in position to get them. Case closed. The funny part about the play that Kobe got T'ed up on was that Perk didn't even touch him.

So I am not buying it. I already admitted when they happened that the first two on Kobe were lame. But Phil Jackson should know better then to complain about Leon Powe drawing fouls. Of course, he does, which is why he is complaining now, and why Perkins already has two fouls on him just driving the fast lane to the hotel...
Old 06-09-2008, 04:04 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
Well the Lakers have so many Europeans avoiding contact, I can see where the humor kicks in. Case in point:

But he was so big and mean looking!! Might have broke a nail...
Wow, way to be an asshole.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 04:07 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

'Tis my specialty.
Old 06-09-2008, 04:22 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

I don't even know why I even responded, this douche is the biggest homer on this message board.
Old 06-09-2008, 04:51 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Considering I end up being right about 90% of the time, it's kind of hard to call me a homer. But hey, if that makes you feel better, rock on.
Old 06-09-2008, 04:57 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Considering I end up being right about 90% of the time, it's kind of hard to call me a homer. But hey, if that makes you feel better, rock on.
You stupid homer.

Edit: you are a dumb masshole. quit watching sports. quit reading the newspapers. go drink some beer.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Last edited by awfullyquiet : 06-09-2008 at 04:59 PM.
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 04:58 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bulls offer Vinny Del Negro

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3433896
iowatreat54 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
You stupid homer.
That makes absolutely no sense, but OK. I mean, yeah, lets see, I root for the team that had the best record in NFL history last year that broke virtually every offensive record in the book and went to the Super Bowl, the team that had the best record in baseball last year and won the World Series and currently has the third best record in baseball and a basketball team that had the best record in the NBA and is two games away from winning their 17th World Championship. Hmmm, pretty tough to not sound like a "homer" when talking about those teams now isn't it? Because god forbid someone have confidence in their team. God forbid someone watch their team absolutely destroy people ALL year and take crap.

None of you would do it if the shoe was on the other foot. I put absolutelY ZERO stock into being called a homer because I know I am right, especially with the argument at hand. In the meantime, the usual suspects continue to cry because their teams are losing at my teams expense. Sorry.

I think some of you need to learn a lesson in "sportsmanship." Ask any Giants fan what I did within two seconds of losing the Super Bowl and what I still say today. Learn from it and stop acting like a bunch of girls.

I absolutely refuse to apologize for the success of these Boston teams, and I absolutely refuse to allow people to misrepresent anything about them either. The amount of estrogen emitted by some of you is astounding. Get over it. Good god.
Old 06-09-2008, 05:16 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

You like Sevendust, therefore you opinion is very very wrong.
Old 06-09-2008, 05:16 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Such a homer.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I root for the team that cheated their way to the best record in NFL history last year that broke virtually every offensive record in the book and went to the Super Bowl by cheating
Fixed it for ya
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 05:18 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jay's a huge homer, but not EVERYTHING he says is wrong.
Old 06-09-2008, 05:18 PM    (permalink
bantx
The Great Migration
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

its so hard to go for a team jay likes...but i really like paul pierce n KG

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 05:21 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
You like Sevendust, therefore you opinion is very very wrong.
epic win.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 08:32 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone think Lamar Odom will be traded in the offseason?

For starters it's his contract year next year and the Lakers would have to look to lock him up along with Bynum and Vujacic. Odom is obviously a very skilled player, but he has not stepped up big in the playoffs and the Lakers may need to add more of a prototypical 3 to help Kobe. The Lakers could get a good price in return and continue to build this team into a force for the present and future.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 08:49 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Until the Finals here, I think Odom was playing fantastically. But if Bynum shows no lingering side effects of his injuries, I doubt they'd want to play him on the perimeter. I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to swing something for Tayshaun Prince.
Old 06-10-2008, 02:37 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Which foul on Powe was BS other that MAYBE the Odom call? Your team is a bunch of jump shooters. You won't go to the free throw line playing that way. You've got those three soft Euro boys right there that just WATCHED Leon Powe blow right by them.

Your guys aren't getting calls because they aren't putting themselves in position to get them. Case closed. The funny part about the play that Kobe got T'ed up on was that Perk didn't even touch him.

So I am not buying it. I already admitted when they happened that the first two on Kobe were lame. But Phil Jackson should know better then to complain about Leon Powe drawing fouls. Of course, he does, which is why he is complaining now, and why Perkins already has two fouls on him just driving the fast lane to the hotel...
how bout gasol getting fouled (or not getting fouled) to end the first half.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote