Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-10-2008, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

sorry if already posted, but...
refs fixed a playoff game in 2002
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/8231176?MSNHPHMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Last edited by Bills2083 : 06-10-2008 at 05:38 PM.
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 05:36 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anyone see that ref fixed 2002 playoff games?

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 05:42 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Holy ****.. There goes our three peat right? oh well it WAS the Sacramento Queens.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 05:43 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilk103 View Post
anyone see that ref fixed 2002 playoff games?
I'm sure they've fixed much more than that

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, I dont think Lakers fans should complain about reffing anymore.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 06:06 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
I've known that game was fixed for 6 years.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 06:21 PM    (permalink
nfrillman
Veteran

nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
I have long suspected some sort of fixing in the NBA. I am not sure how high up the fixing goes, but it is obvious. The NBA has clearly wanted certain teams to win some series in the past. Other times officiating is ridiculously one-sided in favor of the home team. Basketball is by far the easiest sport to fix without player involvement. My personal feeling is that the fixing goes all the way to the top in some cases.....David Stern. Here are some series just off the top of my head that have been extremely suspicious in recent memory.

2002- Lakers vs Kings.......Lakers losing in 4th qtr of Game 7 but shoot 27 FT's compared to 9 for the Kings
2007- Cavs vs Pistons......called straight up Until Game 7 when Cavs shot 46 FT's and Pistons shot 27
2006- Heat vs Mavs.........FTs Heat 207, Mavs 155.....including a couple games with absurd FT discrepencies.

There is also the fact that the NBA makes slight rule alterations to help their stars. With Jordan the NBA changed the rule on traveling, allowing a player to take a step before dribbling which made Jordan virtually unguardable (see Allen Iverson as well). Another example is Shaq. If the rules were called correctly he would foul out on charges within minutes, but when Shaq came around it seems defenders were no longer entitled to their position as Shaq just bashed them down for a dunk.

I don't really have a favorite NBA team since I am a Missouri sports fan, but every time the NBA playoffs come around there is a series or number of series that infuriates me with the terribly one-sided officiating. If Congress is going to investigate MLB and NFL they should first look at the most suspicious league, the NBA.

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.
nfrillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 06:22 PM    (permalink
nfrillman
Veteran

nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I've known that game was fixed for 6 years.
That game was obviously fixed to anyone that watched it. I know several people that stopped watching the NBA after that game.....myself included until I started having a passive interest in the playoffs recently. I am still always watching out for fix jobs though.

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.
nfrillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 06:24 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

“I knew the phone was going to start ringing and I knew following that the rumors would start,” he said. “I’ll say this – we’re not talking to teams about their second- or third-best player. If I’m going to put these types of guys on the market, then don’t waste your time talking to me about guys you don’t like. Nothing is imminent. … They know we’re open.” - Joe Dumars

In Joe I Trust!

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 06:41 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
I knew the phone was going to start ringing and I knew following that the rumors would start, he said. Ill say this were not talking to teams about their second- or third-best player. If Im going to put these types of guys on the market, then dont waste your time talking to me about guys you dont like. Nothing is imminent. They know were open. - Joe Dumars

In Joe I Trust!
Watch him do my trade. Haha.
Old 06-10-2008, 08:12 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ummm, was that Magic with the popped collar? LOL.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 08:19 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

See Laker fans, this is what happens when you play aggressive and drive to the hoop... you draw... fouls... and they get... called.

And considering there was no call on the charge Pierce should have drawn or when Garnett got slapped under the hoop, it's safe to say the favor is being returned, as ridiculous as the notion is. But I ain't mad at 'em, the Celtics don't even belong in the championship game of the Special Olympics with the way they are playing right now...
Old 06-10-2008, 08:49 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha. Farmar would have gotten destroyed. Good to see that fire though.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:14 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

Kobe's whined a whole lot so far.

On another note, the Lakers appeared to have expended a whole lot of energy there in the first half. Don't be surprised if they get out-hustled in the 4th if it's close.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:30 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Just as I said they would all day, the Lakers are getting rewarded for their whining and their home court advantage and are getting every possible call while the Celtics can't buy one. Part of it has to do with... get this... the Celtics turning into a bunch of jump shooters! But there have been some horrible non-calls, and all I can do is laugh, because it is so obvious what is happening.

But that's not the real reason the Celtics are down six. They are down six because they are playing like jackasses. Fortunately, they are a second half team and always seem to come out on fire.

Double unfortunately, I see Paul Pierce fouling out of this game so I hope they can do it without him.

It seems like I complain about this at halftime of every game... but seriously... park Garnett in the post and WORK THE BIG MEN. It's been proven time and time again the Lakers bigs can't contain him, so why won't he go down there? Especially since he's not hitting his shots.

We'll see what happens from here. It would be nice to win this game, really nice, but realistically, I only want one in LA. Well, I want two, but I'll settle for one.

I'll tell you what though, the NBA has some questions to answer. They had Laker fans up in arms in game two and now Celtics fans will be pissed about the officiating in game three, all surrounding the comments that came out today from Donahey. Yeah, a Lakers win today means an extra $80 million dollars for the NBA, so it makes sense. Then you combine the factor of the refs tonight, who have reffed Celtics losses in game three of the Atlanta, Cleveland AND Detroit series (and Salvatore who called the OFFENSIVE foul on Pierce on that three in Detroit, though I am willing to concede to Brodeur that he traveled), yeah. They've got some answering to do...
Old 06-10-2008, 09:36 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dude I love when you are like this, "The Celtics are playing so bad right now they couldn't beat a JV high school team, yet they are only down by 6." Maybe if Kevin Garnett wasn't such a puss and didn't realize that no one is guarding him maybe they would win. He's so soft it's rediculous. You are not Steve Kerr, stop drifting on the perimeter and show that you can be a force.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 10:14 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

I've seen high school JV teams shoot higher than 34% from the field in a half before. Funny how everything I said they needed to, they started doing, and poof, up two at the end of the third quarter.

You're right, and just like I said, Garnett needs to park his ass in the post and drive to the hoop on every play. The Lakers can't stop it, and just like that, Garnett is a player in this game again.

I don't know how you can think the Celtics played anything but poor in the first half. They were awful. Yet somehow they were still it it. Draw your own conclusions as to what exactly that means.

It's funny, when I talk positive about my team, I'm a homer, but I say they are playing poorly, I'm an asshole. I'm guess I'm resigned to the fact that I will never win here.
Old 06-10-2008, 10:46 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lamar Odom should not be playing he's garbage.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 10:56 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Oh well, didn't expect to win that one anyway. Saw some encouraging things, some things I didn't like, but bottom line is that was a winnable game that got away. It's unfortunate, but I'm not going to sit here and spend two days making excuses.

Kobe finally woke up and played the way he needed to for his team to have a shot at winning. Good for him. It's just too bad we have to wait until Thursday for game 4...
Old 06-10-2008, 10:56 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow Celtics quit only down 6 with 11 seconds left in the NBA finals? That is outrageous and unheard of, I mean did they see what the Lakers did last game, you don't quit like that in any game what more the finals, although Odom almost bailed them out.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 01:03 AM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A little something from the Washington Post:
Link: http://blog.washingtonpost.com/wizar...ontinue_1.html

-A word on Gilbert Arenas, who filed the paperwork to opt out on Friday: Everything I can gather tells me that he will be in a Wizards uniform next season. I see the Wizards offering as much as it takes to keep him - yes, that means the max - and him taking it.

- That said, I see two darkhorses out there and I do mean darkhorses. 1. Arenas is notoriously quirky, he grew up in Los Angeles and loves the Lakers. Just throwing that out there. Obviously, he'd have to take way less to pull such a move but he'd also know that he'd make a ton of money back in marketing.
2. Arenas is very close with Orlando GM Otis Smith from Smith's days with Golden State. With Howard, Lewis and Turkoglu, the Magic has pieces in place. The downside, other than taking less money, would be that Orlando is not a big market and I see Arenas wanting to go no smaller than DC.

I'd love to have Agent Zero in Orlando! He'd be the true point guard we need, then all we would have to do is draft another big man to put next to Dwight and we would be Championship bound!

A little optimistic I know, but what do the other Magic fans think about this?

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 01:05 AM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.

Arenas a true PG, ha, thats ludacris
eaglesfan_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 01:11 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey check this out.. Remember how everyone's bringing our foul shots against the Kings and he we blew them out the water in that department? I wonder how much of those were from the Hack-a-Shaq gameplan.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 01:28 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
Hey check this out.. Remember how everyone's bringing our foul shots against the Kings and he we blew them out the water in that department? I wonder how much of those were from the Hack-a-Shaq gameplan.
The Kings didn't use the hack-a-shaq
Old 06-11-2008, 01:29 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesfan_45 View Post
Arenas a true PG, ha, thats ludacris
No. THIS is Ludacris.