Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-13-2008, 09:57 AM    (permalink
cdub11
Veteran

cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

posey and house made a huge difference in that game, both guys can knock it down from outside and kept the floor spread
cdub11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 11:21 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sasha Vujacic is so fricken hilarious, he'll be so overly aggressive 50 feet from the basket that he'll be too tired to move his feet when the guy he is guarding is actually in scoring distance.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 12:22 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Sasha Vujacic is so fricken hilarious, he'll be so overly aggressive 50 feet from the basket that he'll be too tired to move his feet when the guy he is guarding is actually in scoring distance.
Haha, I was thinking that too! That little sequence at the end of the game against Ray Allen was the stuff of legends! LMFAO!

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 12:28 PM    (permalink
Eagles own the NFC East
Veteran

Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.

How can you not like Garnett unless you hate the Celtics or if you are a bitter T-Wolves fan? The guy is a class act and just plays the game exceptionally. He not only plays offense and defense and plays at 100% day in and day out, but he is a great guy and never causes any trouble.
Old 06-13-2008, 12:30 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll be so happy for Paul Pierce if the Celtics hang on to win this.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 12:45 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagles own the NFC East View Post
How can you not like Garnett unless you hate the Celtics or if you are a bitter T-Wolves fan? The guy is a class act and just plays the game exceptionally. He not only plays offense and defense and plays at 100% day in and day out, but he is a great guy and never causes any trouble.
completely agree...Garnett has never been anything less than a class act that always gives 110% and is known to be a great teammate/leader...I was disappointed that the Bulls never made a serious play for him in the offseason, and I'll be real happy for him if the Celtics can hang on to win this
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 02:31 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Another one of the reasons why i don't like Garnett is because a few years ago when the Wolves were actually good, they played the Kings in the conference semi's. Garnett threw a freakin elbow and struck one of the Kings players and had absolutely NO consequence for his actions. And they say the league doesn't protect its marquee players..
Old 06-13-2008, 02:32 PM    (permalink
litlharsh
Veteran

litlharsh hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.litlharsh hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Another one of the reasons why i don't like Garnett is because a few years ago when the Wolves were actually good, they played the Kings in the conference semi's. Garnett threw a freakin elbow and struck one of the Kings players and had absolutely NO consequence for his actions. And they say the league doesn't protect its marquee players..
lol who said the league doesn't protect its marquee players?
Originally Posted by Renji View Post
Keyshawn because i just hate T.O. he is a cocky son of a biscuit
But an athletic marvel for a second generation confectionary product
litlharsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 02:35 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by litlharsh View Post
lol who said the league doesn't protect its marquee players?
Only the biggest douchebag in the league, David Stern
Old 06-13-2008, 02:38 PM    (permalink
litlharsh
Veteran

litlharsh hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.litlharsh hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Well of course he's going to say things to protect the merit of his league
Originally Posted by Renji View Post
Keyshawn because i just hate T.O. he is a cocky son of a biscuit
But an athletic marvel for a second generation confectionary product
litlharsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 03:27 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
OMG, you gotta be kidding me. I believe you are referring to the elbow that he threw at Anthony Peeler that came after Peeler had elbowed Kevin in both the midsection and head. If anything, I thought he had showed restraint by not doing more to Peeler. The league did fine KG though I believe, so saying he had no consequences would be false as well.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 03:48 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

How come no one is talking about Kobe Bryant walking off the court early? Or his weird ass comments after the game? That's nice Kobe. Good job.
Old 06-13-2008, 03:51 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
How come no one is talking about Kobe Bryant walking off the court early? Or his weird ass comments after the game? That's nice Kobe. Good job.
Because Metsox17 is doing his all to spread some KG hate to the peeps of this board.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Duster
Rookie

Duster needs more cowbell.

The only thing that bugs me about Garnett is how people call him a "winner". Prior to this year, what exactly did he win?

He is one of the hardest workers in basketball, a great leader and teammate, and he really improves every team he's on. That said, until you win...you're not a winner!
Duster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not being a major fan of either team, I was just rooting for the Lakers to pull it off for most of the year but now I'm switching. They blew it and don't deserve it if they can't keep such a gigantic lead. Go Celtics.
Old 06-13-2008, 04:48 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardvikingsfan View Post
Because Metsox17 is doing his all to spread some KG hate to the peeps of this board.
All i stated was my dislike for the Celtics team, and everyone jumped on me for not liking them, WTF. They wanted reasons for my dislike for them and you got them, don't hate on me because i disagree with you on who your favorite player/team is.

I hear plenty of it being a Cowboys fan and i usually disregard the comments, so why don't you just do the same.
Old 06-13-2008, 05:42 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Barring a LeBron-like turnaround hopefully this will put the MJ comparison's to rest.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 05:51 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So... Marko Jaric is marrying Adriana Lima. Yeah.
Old 06-13-2008, 05:55 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
So... Marko Jaric is marrying Adriana Lima. Yeah.
Are you f'ing serious? Ohhh man.. my dreams are crushed.

And he's marrying a virgin too!! :(
Old 06-13-2008, 08:27 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duster View Post
The only thing that bugs me about Garnett is how people call him a "winner". Prior to this year, what exactly did he win?

He is one of the hardest workers in basketball, a great leader and teammate, and he really improves every team he's on. That said, until you win...you're not a winner!
Well, that's true, but why call anyone a winner? It's the most useless attribute a player can have in terms of helping a basketball team, because it has nothing to do with the individual's ability to play.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 08:38 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well i guess we have different tastes then, cause when i play basketball, i like to get into my teammates faces when they're doing something wrong. What the hell does K.G do? He lets the coach do all the talking. You'll find that you'll earn respect if you tell your teammates where you think they can improve and what they need to do better to be successful. The reason he looks so angry is because it's during a game. No one is as calm as a sheep during a heated game.
How dare he let the guy getting paid millions of dollars to do something do his job!!!!
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
How dare he let the guy getting paid millions of dollars to do something do his job!!!!
A job in which Doc Rivers is mediocre at.

And yes, I realize how irrelevant that is but I hate KG for baseless reasons and I just like to trash the Celts.

RIP TheManInBlack

Last edited by Brodeur : 06-13-2008 at 09:03 PM.
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 09:28 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

For as mediocre as Doc Rivers is and may be, he's coaching circles around one of the two or three best ever right now. I don't think Doc is a great X's and O's guy by any means, but I do think that few people get more out of their players then Doc Rivers. His ultimate comparison is definitely Terry Francona, a guy who I have on many occasions affectionately referred to as Terry Francoma for some of his ineptitudes. But he is the ultimate players manager. He's great with the team and he knows how to handle just about anything. Both are great with the media, saying the right things, and there isn't a player on either team that wouldn't take a bullet for Francona/Rivers.

I personally think Doc Rivers grew as a coach quite a bit this year, but in the end, the NBA more than any other league is a players league. Being the greatest X's and O's guy in the history of the game can only get you so far if the players tune you out and do their own thing. Rick Pitino threw a hissy fit right back into college basketball for that exact reason. He had guys that would or wouldn't play defense based on how many shots they were getting.

So I don't know. I know that it's pretty tough to listen to Doc and not like him. I know he can be stubborn and stay with things that aren't working and drive you even more nuts by not going to guys who are blatantly perfect for a situations (IE: Eddie House). But at the end of the day, every single one of those guys plays their heart out for him, so I'll take it...
Old 06-13-2008, 09:29 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hopefully the Celtics can close out Sunday, got $100 riding on this damn series and I'm ready to rub it in my friends face, as well as take his money.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!
saintsfan912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 11:19 PM    (permalink
Byrd430
Veteran

Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsfan912 View Post
Hopefully the Celtics can close out Sunday, got $100 riding on this damn series and I'm ready to rub it in my friends face, as well as take his money.
I'm losing 60...

I know, as everybody should know, that the Celtics are the more talented team. Allen, Garnett, and Pierce should far outweigh Odom, Gasol, and Bryant. But I felt that Jackson would outcoach Rivers and find some mismatches.

I should've known Gasol wouldn't be physical. I should've known..... To me, he's the X-factor.

Damn the Lakers for blowing that huge lead... Damn them.

Thanks BoneKrusher! The Sig King!
Byrd430 is offline   Reply With Quote