Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-15-2008, 11:07 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't mind that loss. I like to see teams win at home. Like when the Cubs win the world series this year, I would much rather see them in it at Wrigley.

Last edited by yodabear : 06-15-2008 at 11:50 PM.
yodabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 11:08 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some pretty ugly calls by the refs at the end there. Ignoring some fouls on rebounds by the Lakers, those two ticky tacky foul calls on KG/Pierce, the definite reach-in that changed the game....

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 11:09 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Well KG sure delivered in the clutch.
With as much as you know about baseball, I'd have hoped you'd know better than that.
mqtirishfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 11:09 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Well KG sure delivered in the clutch.
Yeah dude, he needed to hit those free throws. You could tell the way he clutched the ball that he was thinking way too much about it...
Old 06-15-2008, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Some pretty ugly calls by the refs at the end there. Ignoring some fouls on rebounds by the Lakers, those two ticky tacky foul calls on KG/Pierce, the definite reach-in that changed the game....
As much as I want to complain about the refs, I really can't, because if I did, I'd have to live with the fact that KG should have fouled out way earlier. Yeah, Kobe slapped Pierce in the ribs on that steal, but what can you do? That is certainly not the only reason the Celtics lost. They could have taken care of business on their own without having to rely on a call with under a minute left.

I would have preferred to just put it away tonight, but hey, it'll definitely be sweeter in Boston. But seriously, this better not go to a game 7...
Old 06-15-2008, 11:14 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
With as much as you know about baseball, I'd have hoped you'd know better than that.
I was stretching it a bit too far, but he was shaken a bit at the end there.

I don't think there's any doubt that the Lakers will get the calls in Game 6 because the NBA wants a Game 7 though. Either way, there's no chance in hell LA wins this series.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-15-2008, 11:17 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
I would have preferred to just put it away tonight, but hey, it'll definitely be sweeter in Boston. But seriously, this better not go to a game 7...
If you haven't noticed.. David Stern's plans are following as planned.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 11:17 PM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The problem is that with KG in the clutch he cant raise his game because he is already playing with 100% effort the entire game if that makes any sense.

sig by jagfan33
Peyton Manning Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 11:19 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

I don't think you stretched anything. If Kevin Garnett hits those two free throws like he normally would, it's a different ball game. He's got to hit those and stop thinking about it.

I don't like the talk of "the NBA wants this to happen." It really sucks for the game. Unfortunately, that's what they are going to have to live with. It just sucks.
Old 06-15-2008, 11:19 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly, though it seems like it'll be hard to fathom, I feel like the Lakers will win the next game. Maybe not though, since without that no-foul on Kobe the Celtics might have taken this one.
Old 06-15-2008, 11:23 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This is a fantastic, amazing post.
with the way the celtics played in the first two series they left a lot to be desired.

easy for you to talk now that the celtics have stepped up their game. where were you about a month ago?

at least i have the courage to admit i was wrong and am eating crow for it.

you probably wouldn't even show your face in this thread again if the lakers somehow end up winning this series.

Last edited by soybean : 06-15-2008 at 11:55 PM.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 11:32 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i don't feel very confident about the next game or even the game after that.

boston's pick and roll > laker's jump shots.

plus i never realized how good paul pierce was, i never thought he had it in him, but he's litterally lebroning us.

ps. pau gasol sucks, i want david west. matter of fact give me kevin love.

Last edited by soybean : 06-15-2008 at 11:43 PM.
Old 06-15-2008, 11:42 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
plus i never realized how good paul pierce was, i never thought he had it in him, but he's litterally le-boning us.
Fixed it. You obviously misspelled what you were thinking.
Old 06-15-2008, 11:45 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate Sasha Vujacic even more now. First he loses me over $40 by hitting that pointless 3 against the Spurs and now he cant even score over 7 points. There was this old school vs. new school thing you could do and Kurt Rambis scored 7 points in game 5 back in 1985 and you could bet if Sasha would score more or less than that. I picked he would score more and of course he goes 0-5 from 3pt range and like 2-12 shooting. At least I picked Odom would get more than 10 rebounds which is the number AC Green got in 1987 and he barely pulled through.
Old 06-15-2008, 11:59 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Fixed it. You obviously misspelled what you were thinking.
same thing isn't it?

ps. i miss bynum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
I don't think you stretched anything. If Kevin Garnett hits those two free throws like he normally would, it's a different ball game. He's got to hit those and stop thinking about it.

I don't like the talk of "the NBA wants this to happen." It really sucks for the game. Unfortunately, that's what they are going to have to live with. It just sucks.

he shouldn't have got those free throws though.
Old 06-16-2008, 12:01 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heard Ray Allen's daughter was diagnosed with diabetes during the game.
Old 06-16-2008, 12:16 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
I heard Ray Allen's daughter was diagnosed with diabetes during the game.
ZOMGZ. WOWZ. SHE ONLY HAS WHAT 171 MILLION PEOPLE IN THE WORLD DO!
LETS FEEL SORRY FOR HIM AND CALL HIM A HERO FOR PLAYING THROUGH SUCH HORRIBLE NEWZZ! IT'S NOT LIKE SHE'S GONNA HAVE THE BEST ATTENTION IN THE WORLD GIVEN TO HER! OH WAIT.. LOL!!1111 HER DAD'S A RICH BASKETBALL PLAYER! LOLZZ!!11111

Give me a break..
Old 06-16-2008, 12:19 AM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
with the way the celtics played in the first two series they left a lot to be desired.

easy for you to talk now that the celtics have stepped up their game. where were you about a month ago?

at least i have the courage to admit i was wrong and am eating crow for it.

you probably wouldn't even show your face in this thread again if the lakers somehow end up winning this series.
I was here:
Quote:
Do you watch the NBA? Because I have a quote in my signature that begs to differ, and as far as I'm concerned, effectively call into question anything you say about the league.

Also, Pierce is playing the best defense of his entire career, and he's been playing pretty damn well in the playoffs, just ask Cleveland.
And here:
Quote:
********. Kobe is better than the both of them, but not the both of them together.
Thanks for playing.
Old 06-16-2008, 12:20 AM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

Quote:
ZOMGZ. WOWZ. SHE ONLY HAS WHAT 171 MILLION PEOPLE IN THE WORLD DO!
LETS FEEL SORRY FOR HIM AND CALL HIM A HERO FOR PLAYING THROUGH SUCH HORRIBLE NEWZZ! IT'S NOT LIKE SHE'S GONNA HAVE THE BEST ATTENTION IN THE WORLD GIVEN TO HER! OH WAIT.. LOL!!1111 HER DAD'S A RICH BASKETBALL PLAYER! LOLZZ!!11111

Give me a break..
You're a dick. It's not like that's anything other than bad news for Ray, and because he's an NBA player who is relevant, this is noteworthy.
Old 06-16-2008, 12:24 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
You're a dick. It's not like that's anything other than bad news for Ray, and because he's an NBA player who is relevant, this is noteworthy.
Thank you. That was my intention.

Edit - Enough reason to exercise my neg rep muscle. Don't use it too often, it was getting rusty ;)

Last edited by MetSox17 : 06-16-2008 at 12:27 AM.
MetSox17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 12:38 AM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

Quote:
Thank you. That was my intention.

Edit - Enough reason to exercise my neg rep muscle. Don't use it too often, it was getting rusty ;)
Wow. I've certainly learned my lesson. I'm going to go hide in the corner and cry over this.
Old 06-16-2008, 12:41 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Wow. I've certainly learned my lesson. I'm going to go hide in the corner and cry over this.
Nah, not quite yet. Maybe once you get infracted.

You can go cry with Ray Allen
Old 06-16-2008, 12:45 AM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

Quote:

If I get infracted over that crap, and you get away free for saying all that **** about some dude's daughter, there is something seriously wrong.
Old 06-16-2008, 12:46 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:

Is there a particular reason you're being an ass? It is indeed common for a person to get diabetes but it's still hard for a parent to deal with either way.

RIP TheManInBlack

Last edited by Brodeur : 06-16-2008 at 12:48 AM.
Old 06-16-2008, 12:48 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
If I get infracted over that crap, and you get away free for saying all that **** about some dude's daughter, there is something seriously wrong.
Okay, first off, there's a difference between a personal attack and an opinion on sports based material.

And what exactly is so horrible about what i said?

The fact that the media is gonna blow this up into a slurp fest? I understand that Diabetes is something you wouldn't wish on anyone, but hey, wake the heck up and move on. This happens every single day to thousands and thousands of new people, and no one ever gives them a high-five for living on.

She's gonna have everything available to her, so people with Diabetes can only imagine how comfortable she's gonna live as compared to them. Get the heck over it, it was sarcasm.

The reason i'm so irritated by it is because the idiots at ESPN are probably gonna make this a bigger deal than it is. I can see it already.