Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-16-2008, 01:49 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Is there a particular reason you're being an ass?
Yes, Brodeur, but thanks for the love as well.

The reason i'm being an ass is stated in the top post, and because people like Irish can't tell sarcasm if it hit them across the face.
Old 06-16-2008, 01:52 AM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Yes, Brodeur, but thanks for the love as well.

The reason i'm being an ass is stated in the top post, and because people like Irish can't tell sarcasm if it hit them across the face.
Dude, your humor was so dry that it's hard to tell. You went with the not-so-common double sarcasm, where you were being sarcastic about what was going to happen, implying that Ray's daughter being diagnosed was nothing at all.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 01:54 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
Dude, your humor was so dry that it's hard to tell. You went with the not-so-common double sarcasm, where you were being sarcastic about what was going to happen, implying that Ray's daughter being diagnosed was nothing at all.
Being a member of this forum for so long, i'd imagine that you'd realize someone was intentionally being an idiot when they use Z's all over their posts.
Old 06-16-2008, 01:59 AM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Being a member of this forum for so long, i'd imagine that you'd realize someone was intentionally being an idiot when they use Z's all over their posts.
Which is exactly why I felt you seriously thought it was alright that he just got this bad news. Your 'Z usage' was put in the "Let's make Ray a hero" way, so naturally I assumed you felt the absolute opposite and that his daughter getting diabetes means absolutely nothing.
Old 06-16-2008, 02:07 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Okay, first off, there's a difference between a personal attack and an opinion on sports based material.

And what exactly is so horrible about what i said?

The fact that the media is gonna blow this up into a slurp fest? I understand that Diabetes is something you wouldn't wish on anyone, but hey, wake the heck up and move on. This happens every single day to thousands and thousands of new people, and no one ever gives them a high-five for living on.

She's gonna have everything available to her, so people with Diabetes can only imagine how comfortable she's gonna live as compared to them. Get the heck over it, it was sarcasm.

The reason i'm so irritated by it is because the idiots at ESPN are probably gonna make this a bigger deal than it is. I can see it already.
There is NO cure for diabetes buddy. It doesnt matter how much money Ray Allen has, its not going to cure his daughter.

So does this mean the fact that ESPN talked about Derek Fisher's little girl having cancer piss you off too?

Last edited by jayceheathman : 06-16-2008 at 02:10 AM.
jayceheathman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 02:09 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
Which is exactly why I felt you seriously thought it was alright that he just got this bad news. Your 'Z usage' was put in the "Let's make Ray a hero" way, so naturally I assumed you felt the absolute opposite and that his daughter getting diabetes means absolutely nothing.
I understand where you're going with this, but you could have bothered to ask instead of automatically insulting me.

I don't think it should be that big of a deal, when compared to what i imagine it could become, thanks to idiot television stations like ESPN.
Old 06-16-2008, 02:11 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
There is NO cure for diabetes buddy. It doesnt matter how much money Ray Allen has, its not going to cure his daughter.
Um, you're gonna have to help me out here cause i'm having a hard time finding where exactly in my post i said there was a cure.

Magic Johnson is the living proof that money takes care of most of life's problems.
Old 06-16-2008, 02:14 AM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

Quote:
Magic Johnson is the living proof that money takes care of most of life's problems.
Make no mistake, Magic's blood stream is still a ticking time-bomb.
Old 06-16-2008, 02:17 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You posted that it shouldnt be a big deal because her dad is Ray Allen. What I get out of that is you dont care because her dad has money and will get proper care. She will get proper care but its not like she is not going to suffer through the disease like other diabetics will as well.
Old 06-16-2008, 02:20 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Why are you letting what ESPN says get to you so much?
Old 06-16-2008, 02:27 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
You posted that it shouldnt be a big deal because her dad is Ray Allen. What I get out of that is you dont care because her dad has money and will get proper care. She will get proper care but its not like she is not going to suffer through the disease like other diabetics will as well.
That post had more to do with Ray Allen than with her. I just find it annoying that the public is in such a dire need for a "Hero" that they use any little excuse to call someone that.

I don't not care that she has diabetes, but i don't think we should feel sorry for her either when she will have more than enough stability in her life to deal with it.

Quote:
Why are you letting what ESPN says get to you so much?
Cause ESPN is the only sports network i have and they stuff their shows with the same garbage all day for a week, when it has no business being more than a footnote.
Old 06-16-2008, 02:27 AM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just shut up already, metsox ruins another thread.
Old 06-16-2008, 02:30 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
Just shut up already, metsox ruins another thread.
I'm not the one that keeps it going. But whatever, just kill the argument already. Stop giving me crap for what i post and nothing will get "ruined".

How bout those Lakers?
Old 06-16-2008, 02:40 AM    (permalink
litlharsh
Veteran

litlharsh hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.litlharsh hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

haha "stirring the pot"

It's relatively easy to be an asshole, but it takes true shamelessness to go as far as you did here MetSox. Props.
Originally Posted by Renji View Post
Keyshawn because i just hate T.O. he is a cocky son of a biscuit
But an athletic marvel for a second generation confectionary product
litlharsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 02:43 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh I forgot. Someone asked yesterday or a couple days ago about the commercial I was talking about. I assume people saw it during the game today, but anyways...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0Dj-mIbNYg
Old 06-16-2008, 02:54 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by litlharsh View Post
haha "stirring the pot"

It's relatively easy to be an asshole, but it takes true shamelessness to go as far as you did here MetSox. Props.
This will be the last thing i say in regards to anything that was mentioned before. But thanks harsh, for proving everything i said to be correct ;)
Old 06-16-2008, 07:42 AM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
he shouldn't have got those free throws though.
If I am not complaining about officiating, you are not allowed to either. Don't want to hear it.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:45 AM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
I have seen people live with HIV longer then Magic that don't have a dime to their name. It has nothing to do with money. It has everything to do with good doctors and taking your medicine.

And they take A LOT.
Old 06-16-2008, 11:10 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
I have seen people live with HIV longer then Magic that don't have a dime to their name. It has nothing to do with money. It has everything to do with good doctors and taking your medicine.

And they take A LOT.
it takes money to afford those HIV cocktails though.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 11:31 AM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

And they take A LOT.
Quote:
It has a lot to do with good, resilient genetics too. If your immune system is weak before it gets HIV you're screwed.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 11:36 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good for the Cetls. Now they can win and celebrate at home.
Old 06-16-2008, 11:44 AM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Good for the Cetls. Now they can win and celebrate at home.
Agreed. :)

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Quote:
No it doesn't. The state ends up paying for everything one way or another, unless you're someone like Magic Johnson. Normal, every day people live long, productive lives with HIV regardless of how much money they have. It's all about the will to live.
Old 06-16-2008, 12:38 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish they'd bring the Clippers back to San Diego.
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 10:04 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No it doesn't. The state ends up paying for everything one way or another, unless you're someone like Magic Johnson. Normal, every day people live long, productive lives with HIV regardless of how much money they have. It's all about the will to live.
eh, regardless, the more money you have the better healthcare you get.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote