Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who will win the NBA Championship in 2013?
Miami Heat 15 26.79%
Miami Heat 3 5.36%
Miami Heat 31 55.36%
Miami Heat 6 10.71%
Miami Heat 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-18-2008, 02:21 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

any chance we can get amare? Lol.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 02:25 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
any chance we can get amare? Lol.
Well, I never thought that The Terminator would be the Governor of California, so I guess anything is possible.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 02:26 AM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Well sure, you can say that about three or four teams, then call it out when one of them pans out.

And how exactly did you make the argument that they had the depth to win?

Was this before the season? Cause i'd love to see how you would have known that Rondo would take huge steps and House, Posey, Powe and Brown would all be big contributors as well.

Well, I'm a huge Celtic fan, so I was super excited about this year, and liked our chances to be the best team in the NBA. How did I know Rondo would take huge steps and the others would contribute? I didn't, but I really liked Rondo as the PG for our team, and I think the world of him and his future. I loved the signings of House and Posey, and anybody who saw the Celtics last year could tell you what Powe brings to the table. PJ was the only true contributer that I didn't see coming, because he was not a Celtic until the end of the year.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 02:28 AM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown View Post
Not EVERYONE picked the Celts to win it all and if they all did that would be stupid.
No, it really wouldn't have. Having two top ten or fifteen players on the same team hardly fails to bring results, and when you add Ray Allen to that equation, and sprinkle in two great defenders to round out the starting five and bring in guys like Posey and House, it's definitely not stupid to pick the Celtics. It would have been boring if everyone picked Boston, but it's obviously not stupid.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 02:31 AM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
No, it really wouldn't have. Having two top ten or fifteen players on the same team hardly fails to bring results, and when you add Ray Allen to that equation, and sprinkle in two great defenders to round out the starting five and bring in guys like Posey and House, it's definitely not stupid to pick the Celtics. It would have been boring if everyone picked Boston, but it's obviously not stupid.
Hey, everyone picked the Lakers before the finals. You can NEVER, let me say that again, NEVER be sure of what's going to happen during a season, as far as who's going to be good, who's going to be bad, and especially not who will win the Championship, so anyone who got it right, congratulations, you're great guessers.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 02:31 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha. The TNT guys got interviewed on Leno. I've never seen this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDDxh3iyy9s
Old 06-18-2008, 02:33 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
You're right, when you look at it now, it makes sense that they'd be really good. But, at the end of the day, it's hindsight and it means nothing.

Pierce was coming off an injury riddled season, Allen never played a complete season in Seattle and people were wondering how they would mesh with Kevin Garnett. All the while no one knowing how the bench would perform.

It's easy to poke fun at the people that felt an NBA Title was a stretch pre-season, now, but when you really look at it, it's completely understandable.
Old 06-18-2008, 05:48 AM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I don't know if this is the sexiest thing I've ever seen or if a part of me just died:

Old 06-18-2008, 06:45 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
God I freakin hate Boston. I'm happy for Ray Allen, but damn I hate that city.
True!

Interesting all these Celtics fans showing up out of no where considering no one gave a damn about them five years ago when they were terrible.

Still, congrats to the Celtics. I despise the Lakers and I wanted to see Pierce, Allen and Garnett get a ring. Mainly Allen though. UConn alum representin'!

Also, anyone who ever even mentioned Kobe in the same breath as Jordan needs to punch themselves in the face. Kobe never was and never will be half the player Jordan is when the games matter. If he doesn't win another title without Shaq he will not be considered an elite player in his career. Top 50? Probably, but not near the top in my mind. I'm not saying that's right, but it's how people look at it.
Old 06-18-2008, 06:51 AM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

All these Celtics fans were selling out the Garden last year with they had the second worst record in the NBA. This notion that they came out of nowhere is a myth. They haven't been as loud because, you know, there have been some other things going on in this town the last 5-8 years...
Old 06-18-2008, 07:15 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ah, right, you mean like bandwagoning for the Patriots right? Now don't even TRY to say that their were tons of Patriots fans then. I had gone to a few Patriots games pre-Brady and the attendance was a joke.
Old 06-18-2008, 07:19 AM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

So was the ownership...
Old 06-18-2008, 07:20 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

dammit yoda, I thought I told you that in secret!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just kidding, but I probably said that at one point in time due to my homer-itis.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 07:23 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Agreed, it was a joke before Kraft, but the Knicks (changing gears here) attedance is still near the top in the NBA despite being absolutely garbage and having a completely clown as a head coach in Isiah. Not to mention Dolan is a fool, easily some of the worst ownership ever seen in sports.
Old 06-18-2008, 07:48 AM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

At least Isaiah and Dolan were trying. No matter how big of a joke those two are/were, they will never even be a noticeable fraction of how inept the Patriots were run for years. Now I know Madison Square Garden may not be the newest facility in the country, but is still the Mecca and no different then going to Fenway Park or Wrigley Field. There's a reason to go, even if people could care less about the Knicks.

Sullivan Stadium was a glorified high school stadium. John Hannah came to this team and said his high school in Alabama had better facilities. On top of that, Foxboro is in the middle of nowhere, an hour from Boston, Providence, Worcester, the Cape and like two hours from Hartford. Who the hell would want to go there and deal with THAT situation?

You're comparing apples and oranges. The Pats had a groundswell of support in the 60's and 70's, when they were actually pretty good and may have even won a Super Bowl if not for, get this, a horrible call in the AFC Title game against... the Raiders... ownership in the 80's just blew it all away and Kraft came in and saved this franchise from total destruction.
Old 06-18-2008, 08:31 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is great. Extremely happy for the Celtics and mostly KG.
Old 06-18-2008, 08:40 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sick of people who complain about bangwagon fans. You have to realize unless you're a hardcore sports fan, you're probably a bandwagon fan. Sure this isn't the case with all teams, but with a majority of them. Living in Detroit, I can attest that there are a ton of bandwagon Tigers and Pistons fans. Anyone ever go to a Tigers game before the 2006 season? Well, you were one of the few. How about a Pistons games in the late 90's or early 00-'s? It's pretty common knowledge that people go to games when their team is playing good and they don't go when they are garbage. Sure there are teams that are the exception to the rule (Lions before last year, Kings, Indians), but there aren't many teams like that. New York teams also might be an exception, but that is partially due to the size of the fan base.

It seems every year in every sport someone has to ***** about that sports' champion and all their bandwagon fans. Well, there are bandwagon fans everywhere. I'd also bet there are quite a few fans of the team who would rather cheer for their team on tv then pay big bucks to see them suck badly.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 08:47 AM    (permalink
cdub11
Veteran

cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

glad to see KG, Pierce & Allen win a championship, they showed the killer instinct and didnt give the lakers any chance for a comeback. i also enjoyed seeing KG tell Bill Russell "i got my own"
cdub11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 10:54 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol, Garnett's interview is so funny: http://youtube.com/watch?v=jSmD5oAhTmo

lol, this is for everyone in Minnesota, so I couldn't win one for you, but winning one for Boston is even better, lol.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 11:33 AM    (permalink
Byrd430
Veteran

Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate this argument that Kobe is not in the same league as Jordan because he hasn't won a title without Shaq.

Kobe hasn't had nowhere near the same team he had when Shaq was there. The team that featured Kobe, Gary Payton, and Karl Malone would've been top notch several years ago but Payton and Malone were really on the downside of their career. They were more than capable starters, but not upper tier players when Kobe had them.

Other than that, the best he's had to work with is this year with Lamar Odom and Pau Gasol, and that really isn't saying much. Tandems like Duncan-Ginobili-Parker and Williams-Boozer and McGrady-Ming (even though Ming was hurt this season) are all better IMO than that bunch.

Besides, Jordan had a lot of stars on his team. He had three point shooting, he had Dennis Rodman the Rebound King, he had forwards and centers for days, and he had...Scottie Pippen. How does he get a bye for that but Kobe gets bashed for not being able to carry a good, but not great, team to win the Championship?

Thanks BoneKrusher! The Sig King!
Byrd430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 11:36 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i think ray allen shouldve got mvp because he was the most consistent in the series but then again it should go to the franchise player.
But he's washed up!
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 11:37 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrd430 View Post
I hate this argument that Kobe is not in the same league as Jordan because he hasn't won a title without Shaq.

Kobe hasn't had nowhere near the same team he had when Shaq was there. The team that featured Kobe, Gary Payton, and Karl Malone would've been top notch several years ago but Payton and Malone were really on the downside of their career. They were more than capable starters, but not upper tier players when Kobe had them.

Other than that, the best he's had to work with is this year with Lamar Odom and Pau Gasol, and that really isn't saying much. Tandems like Duncan-Ginobili-Parker and Williams-Boozer and McGrady-Ming (even though Ming was hurt this season) are all better IMO than that bunch.

Besides, Jordan had a lot of stars on his team. He had three point shooting, he had Dennis Rodman the Rebound King, he had forwards and centers for days, and he had...Scottie Pippen. How does he get a bye for that but Kobe gets bashed for not being able to carry a good, but not great, team to win the Championship?
Jordan would have never let a team come back from down 20 the way the Celtics did. Jordan never lost by 39 in a deciding game
Old 06-18-2008, 11:39 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrd430 View Post

You are really naive if you believe that McGrady/Ming and Williams/Boozer are better than Bryant/Gasol. They finally got the star for Kobe and Kobe lost. End of story.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 12:00 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
open your eyes, ray allen is finished, and paul pierce is a shell of what he once was.

and kg is going to be good but not anywhere near the level duncan was playing at.

celtics better just hope that their shots are falling at a high percentage and they capitalize on turnovers.

if bruce bowen couldn't slow down kobe i doubt paul pierce will be able to either, and if he does try he's going to get in foul trouble early.

I'm not trying to be a homer, im just being realistic.

also kendrick perkins better have a good game.
Quote:
kobe is better than paul pierce and ray allen combined

and i highly doubt the celtics have a deeper bench than the lakers.
100% Pure Colombian Awesome
Old 06-18-2008, 12:06 PM    (permalink
Byrd430
Veteran

Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
You are really naive if you believe that McGrady/Ming and Williams/Boozer are better than Bryant/Gasol. They finally got the star for Kobe and Kobe lost. End of story.
I have a lot of knocks on Gasol. Sure, I feel that he's a great scorer down low, but he's not aggressive, he doesn't play much defense, and he turns the ball over too much.

Kobe is the best player in the NBA, but he can't do things by himself. Boozer and Williams run the pick and roll really well and both are among the best at their position.

I'll give you that Kobe-Gasol may be on the same level as McGrady-Ming. Duncan-Ginobili-Parker. But the fact is that Kobe did not have the same cast since Shaq that Jordan had with the Bulls.

Thanks BoneKrusher! The Sig King!
Byrd430 is offline   Reply With Quote