Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-08-2007, 07:12 PM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

Big Mike hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

where's sweetness???:)

ALL COMPLIMENTS TO: BANTX FOR THE SIG

XBOX360 Gamertag: GZA88
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 08:11 PM    (permalink
ncst8fan83
Pro Bowler

ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
Beasely confirmed he is staying with WVU, I posted a link in the college offseason thread...
first off, it's kansas state, not west virginia. second, the link you posted is titled "K-State recruit's remarks leave his status in doubt." So, do you even remotely know what you're talking about?

From your link:
Quote:
"I'm really thinking about Memphis right now. NC State and Florida State, too," he said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Freeman
Titty sprinkles
ncst8fan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 08:13 PM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

outta those, i'd go to memphis

Old 04-08-2007, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

gerald wallace has been on fire lately.

Old 04-08-2007, 08:42 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Mike View Post
where's sweetness???:)
Still ahead of you in the standings. Since the Cavs lost, I wasn't to concerned with this game. Big Ben has no conditioning right now, TT is still sick, Kirk messed up his knee, Griff was out, and Noce is now getting back. Yea, yea I know Garbo and Bargnani are out, but you've been playing without them for what, about 2-3 weeks now, plus you were at home.

Congrats on the win but from what I watched, we weren't all there. Which isn't that big of a deal. We still hold the #2 slot in the Conference.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 08:43 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Btw, PJ Brown needs to go to the bench, he was horrid from what I watched.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Btw, PJ Brown needs to go to the bench, he was horrid from what I watched.
They shouldnt have acquired him in the 1st plaace. Don't you think that MoPete ejection was bull. I see why it could be a flagrant but ejection....

Old 04-08-2007, 08:47 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If Conley enters than I say late first. Otherwise mid first
Conley is staying.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 08:48 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Conley is staying.
If Conley stays the Ohio State Buckeyes have to be the favorites to win the title b/c they have the 7'1" guy to replace Oden.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 08:50 PM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
If Conley stays the Ohio State Buckeyes have to be the favorites to win the title b/c they have the 7'1" guy to replace Oden.
talking about Kosta Koufos?

Old 04-08-2007, 08:51 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I believe w/the Laker loss today the Nuggets are the 6th seed. Odd as it may sound, is moving up to the 6th spot a disaster in disguise? The Spurs are not a team I would want to face in the playoffs. The Suns are an easier team than the Spurs imo... although the Suns expose our greatest weakness (our piss poor perimeter defense). Something in my heart tells me that I want to play the Mavs as absurd as that may sound. Dirk rarely does well against us for some reason...

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 08:52 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namy View Post
I believe w/the Laker loss today the Nuggets are the 6th seed. Odd as it may sound, is moving up to the 6th spot a disaster in disguise? The Spurs are not a team I would want to face in the playoffs. The Suns are an easier team than the Spurs imo... although the Suns expose our greatest weakness (our piss poor perimeter defense). Something in my heart tells me that I want to play the Mavs as absurd as that may sound. Dirk rarely does well against us for some reason...
Regardless of who finishes where; the teams that face Suns, Mavs, and Spurs will be done real quick

Old 04-08-2007, 09:03 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
talking about Kosta Koufos?
That would be the guy

Old 04-08-2007, 09:19 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Regardless of who finishes where; the teams that face Suns, Mavs, and Spurs will be done real quick
Eh I don't think so. As low seeds, the Lakers and Nuggets have players that can take over games. Who wants to face Kobe or AI/Melo? They will probably win you're right, but it won't be quick imo

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namy View Post
Eh I don't think so. As low seeds, the Lakers and Nuggets have players that can take over games. Who wants to face Kobe or AI/Melo? They will probably win you're right, but it won't be quick imo
Facing Kobe in the playoffs would be a nightmare. AI/Melo isn't as scary but it could be troublesome as well.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 09:38 PM    (permalink
miamichamp_305
Rookie

miamichamp_305 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

SI is reporting that Kansas' Julian Wright will go pro:

Quote:
LAWRENCE, Kan. (AP) -- A newspaper reported Sunday that Kansas sophomore Julian Wright has decided to enter the NBA draft.

In a story by the Lawrence Journal-World, Jayhawks coach Bill Self said Wright "will strongly consider his options regarding the draft. We expect he'll have a decision at the first of the week. At that time, we'll have a formal announcement."

Sources told the newspaper that Wright decided to enter the draft after he was told he likely would be a lottery pick and had nothing to gain by returning to Kansas for his junior year. He is expected to meet with Self on Monday after the coach returns from a recruiting trip.

The 6-foot-8 Chicago native averaged 12 points and 7.8 rebounds per game last season and was named first-team All-Big 12 by The Associated Press and conference coaches.
SI.com

If this is true, then wow. Didn't he say a little while ago he would stay?
Old 04-08-2007, 09:38 PM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

look what happend to Vince Young

Old 04-08-2007, 09:42 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncst8fan83 View Post
first off, it's kansas state, not west virginia. second, the link you posted is titled "K-State recruit's remarks leave his status in doubt." So, do you even remotely know what you're talking about?
First of all, it was clearly a typo since KS's coach is now at WVU, and second of all, ESPN, as they often do, changed the story after I posted the link.

I don't make it a habit to read the same story a second time the next day to see if it is still the same, so take a chill pill.
Old 04-08-2007, 09:51 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

And actually, since you pointed it out, I went back and read the article, which was different from what I remember, and I found the first three paragraphs FASCINATING, especially the second and third:

Quote:
Michael Beasley's status as a Kansas State recruit is so uncertain, it seems, that there's even disagreement about the issue in his own family.

Beasley's mother, Fatima Smith, told The Kansas City Star on Saturday that he would honor his commitment.

"He's happy. He's satisfied," Smith told the Star. "We're just glad it turned out this way."
What I also found fascinating... was this:

Quote:
Updated: April 7, 2007, 8:53 PM ET
And my original post?

Quote:
Yesterday, 07:07 PM
So... yeah.
Old 04-08-2007, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Hinch87

i have been saying that pj has to go to the bench for the longest time. He is way to slow and because of this he is horrid on D. Bosh just dribbled right passed him everytime and pj is just to slow to move. Also, he does not box out or jump for rebounds. He is not worth keeping out there cause more than half the time his jumper that he is suppose to be good at never go in. He needs to go to the bench. The ejection on Mo pete can go either way. True, i have seen much worse...but the thing that made is bad was that he did go for the ball at first but he then brought his arm down really fast which seemed unatural and clotheslined hinrich which was bad.
Old 04-08-2007, 09:59 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

would the bulls be interested in corey brewer with their pick
Old 04-08-2007, 10:05 PM    (permalink
miamichamp_305
Rookie

miamichamp_305 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
would the bulls be interested in corey brewer with their pick
I HIGHLY doubt it, they have Luol Deng and Andres Nocioni (even though I think he is a FA) at SF. What they need is a big man that can score, last time I checked, Brewer definitely isn't that. I can see them taking Hibbert, Noah, Horford, Wright, Hawes, heck maybe even Oden if they win the lottery and maybe even Thabeet if they can feel like they can develop him.
Old 04-08-2007, 10:30 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Golden State better not get the 8th seed, don't want the Mavs to face them.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 10:31 PM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Golden State better not get the 8th seed, don't want the Mavs to face them.
Scared? I just want my Warriors in the playoffs.

Old 04-09-2007, 12:02 AM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Mopete doesnt really matter, considering the raps won by like 20, BTW Bargnani is coming back in like a week so watch out, the raps might even makea run at the second seed
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote