Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-03-2008, 09:19 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth View Post
Nothing cramped up. I was just getting complaints about how I looked so much better than Kobe, so I thought I should sit down for a couple of minutes and give him a chance to shine. Unfortunately, he never took advantage, so I just decided to come back and DOM-O-NATE.

Championship! ANYTHING IS POSSIBLEEEEEEEEE!
so basically it was that time of the month? that sucks

and the Nets may do a S&T with Nenad :(

I bought a Nenad jersey in October, at a reebok store in pennsylvania, for TEN BUCKS! Oh Nenad, how you'll be missed if traded. Idk if I can ever buy a basketball jersey. Kidd? gone. RJ? gone. Had a K-Mart, 3 days later, traded. Exchanged it for a Bibby 'Zona jersey. He can't get traded from his college :D

Now all I've got left is VC and Sean Williams...
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 09:19 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
In the U.S., about 50,000 people die each year from secondhand smoke-related diseases.
Sodium hydroxide is a caustic compound found in hair removal products. It’s also found in cigarettes.
Tobacco companies’ products kill 36,000 people every month. That’s more lives thrown away than there are public garbage cans in NYC.
Human sweat contains urea and ammonia. So do cigarettes.
In 1988, one tobacco company brainstormed the idea of a colored cigarette to " enhance wardrobe. "
One tobacco company supplied their product to be used in the G-rated film, The Muppet Movie.
Around the 1980s, tobacco companies labeled African Americans - less educated, prefer malt liquor, have problems with their own self-esteem.
In 1996, the tobacco industry said that drinking one to two glasses of whole milk a day was riskier than second-hand smoke.
In 1997, a tobacco CEO said that if it was proven to his satisfaction that cigarettes cause cancer, he’d probably shut (the company) down immediately to get a better hold on things. Their website now admits that cigarettes cause cancer, but they’re still open for business.
In 1971, when one tobacco executive was reminded that smoking can lead to underweight babies, he said, " some women would prefer smaller babies. "

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 09:20 PM    (permalink
TheTruth

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post

I bought a Nenad jersey in October, at a reebok store in pennsylvania, for TEN BUCKS! Oh Nenad, how you'll be missed if traded. Idk if I can ever buy a basketball jersey. Kidd? gone. RJ? gone. Had a K-Mart, 3 days later, traded. Exchanged it for a Bibby 'Zona jersey. He can't get traded from his college :D

You have a Nenad Kristic jersey and you're trying to make Paul Pierce be a woman?

hahaha
Old 07-03-2008, 09:22 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth View Post
You have a Nenad Kristic jersey and you're trying to make Paul Pierce be a woman?

hahaha
Nenad Krstic(you spelled it wrong, psssh) is 20 time tougher than Paul Pierce. He also has much more chest hair. Nenad is the ******* man
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 07-03-2008, 09:23 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Nenad Krstic(you spelled it wrong, psssh) is 20 time tougher than Paul Pierce. He also has much more chest hair. Nenad is the ******* man

Christian Laettner seems to like him.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 09:24 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post

Christian Laettner seems to like him.
Nenad shook Brian Leonard's hand. Leonard rubbed off some of his stunning looks onto Nenad. Now men cream their pants when they come into contact with Nenad
Quote:
Old 07-03-2008, 09:24 PM    (permalink
TheTruth

Thanks Brodeur. I think that's all we need to see today.
Old 07-03-2008, 11:00 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I haven't had much better luck with Jerseys: Charles Rogers and Darko Milicic (self explanatory), and Chauncey Billups who could be traded. My others are Jason Maxiell and Calvin Johnson.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 12:23 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gilbert Arenas agrees to a 6 year, 111 million deal.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3473164

DUMBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 12:26 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best news I've heard about the Magic's FA plans. I will be content if we don't get Maggette. Sounds like Otis is doing the right thing here.

"Duhon visited Orlando Wednesday but information coming out of Disney City was the Magic are waiting to see what happens with free agent Corey Maggette before offering Duhon their mid-level exception. Orlando's fallback plan if Duhon picks the Knicks is re-signing their own backup PG, Keyon Dooling."

http://www.nypost.com/seven/07042008...hon_118484.htm
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 12:35 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Gilbert Arenas agrees to a 6 year, 111 million deal.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3473164

DUMBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB
I don't think it's that dumb. He's a dynamic scoring option who has helped the Wizards go from the lottery bound to playoff bound over the past few years. Plus they got him for 16 million cheaper then they originally offered
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 12:35 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really hope the Warriors can land Elton Brand.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 12:58 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Best news I've heard about the Magic's FA plans. I will be content if we don't get Maggette. Sounds like Otis is doing the right thing here.

"Duhon visited Orlando Wednesday but information coming out of Disney City was the Magic are waiting to see what happens with free agent Corey Maggette before offering Duhon their mid-level exception. Orlando's fallback plan if Duhon picks the Knicks is re-signing their own backup PG, Keyon Dooling."

http://www.nypost.com/seven/07042008...hon_118484.htm
Well that's good but, the Warriors are expected to offer him a fairly large contract if they dont get Brand.

If we are splitting the MLE on Duhon...I wonder who else we will target. Maybe Kurt Thomas?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 07-04-2008 at 01:02 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 01:18 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Well that's good but, the Warriors are expected to offer him a fairly large contract if they dont get Brand.

If we are splitting the MLE on Duhon...I wonder who else we will target. Maybe Kurt Thomas?
I don't really like our depth at SF. Yeah Hedo and Shard are both natural SFs but most of the time Shard is playing PF. When Hedo needs a breather we're usually forced to go small using one of our SGs. If it was up to me, Matt Barnes would be a main target.
Old 07-04-2008, 01:19 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
I don't really like our depth at SF. Yeah Hedo and Shard are both natural SFs but most of the time Shard is playing PF. When Hedo needs a breather we're usually forced to go small using one of our SGs. If it was up to me, Matt Barnes would be a main target.
I really like Barnes. I'm surprised I haven't heard his name all that much
Quote:
Old 07-04-2008, 02:04 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I dont think we'll target a true SF. That's what Cook will probably be used for this season, now that Battie is back. The rotation should be completely different this year if we dont add a 2 guard. Lots more Hedo and Shard playing together when we rotate Battie in at the 4...than Bogans/Lee at the 2, Cook at SF, and another PF most likely on another unit.

I think we'll be looking at two primary units for the majority of the year.

1st unit (start games)

PG Nelson
SG Lee
SF Turk
PF Rashard
C Howard

2nd unit

PG Nelson
SG Turk
SF Rashard
PF Battie
C Howard

Backup

PG Duhon
SG Lee/Bogans
SF Cook
PF another big
C Gortat

You can make the argument that you bring in Barnes at SF and play Cook at the 3...but, I think we may look to get a more conventional PF, instead of playing Garrity 2.0 (Cook) there.

Our bench isnt looking too hot.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 07-04-2008 at 02:12 PM.
Old 07-04-2008, 02:13 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Duhon to the Knicks for 2 years.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn...c.php?t=431071

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 02:22 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

ha...guess he didnt want to wait. Go sign Dooling Otis, get it done.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-04-2008, 02:26 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
thank you Donnie Walsh for getting this done now we can have a pg who is willing to pass the ball unlike marbury and this is a good cap move for the knicks
Old 07-04-2008, 02:40 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
Happy 4th of July to MEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Old 07-04-2008, 02:41 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Happy 4th of July to MEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

lol...it still wouldnt have been terrible. I really wanted Dooling back, though...so, hopefully we get that done shortly.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-04-2008, 02:42 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Duhon got the full MLE. Wow. lol.
Old 07-04-2008, 02:44 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
lol...it still wouldnt have been terrible. I really wanted Dooling back, though...so, hopefully we get that done shortly.
For the full MLE it would've been horrendous. We got Dooling's Bird Rights, so there's no fear. Otis is doing the right thing by waiting for Maggette. Even if he ends up going to Philly or GS, we can't let him go elsewhere for the MLE without giving it a fair shot.
Old 07-04-2008, 02:45 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
ya but its only for 2 years so if he doesn't work out hes gone the next year
Old 07-04-2008, 02:45 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. That might make things a little tougher to get things done w/ Keyon.

Even w/ bird rights, that's not helping that cap any, that is why everyone has been talking about using the MLE on him.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 07-04-2008 at 02:48 PM.