Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-09-2008, 12:11 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Al Thornton is NOTHING like Josh Smith. That's funny.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 12:17 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

JJ Redick and Keith Bogans are officially on the block for a back up PG. I don't think it's realistic that any team would want either player. Am I wrong? I don't think so.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:18 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
JJ Redick and Keith Bogans are officially on the block for a back up PG. I don't think it's realistic that any team would want either player. Am I wrong? I don't think so.
You can take Mo Williams for the two

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 12:24 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I'd definately do that.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesfan_45 View Post
I don't like Josh Smith as Clipper. He is just a more experienced version of Al Thorton in my mind. Biedrins isn't that great either, the Clips already have Chris Kaman who is turning into a good C.

Overall, I think the future is bright for LA, they have some really young players with potential to explode.
DeAndre Jordan has a huge up-side.
Al Thorton is a potential star as well
Eric Gordon has potential to be a 20 ppg. guy
Chris Kaman has potential to be an all-star

When does that contract with Staples Center expire? Because then they can move to Vegas! :D
u do know u can fit in everything in one post?

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 01:22 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Andrew Bogut and the Bucks have agreed on a five year, $72.5 million dollar extension

Old 07-09-2008, 01:34 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Andrew Bogut and the Bucks have agreed on a five year, $72.5 million dollar extension
Lot of money being thrown around. While I thought Bogut finally showed something last year, is that the best use of $72M? Meh, for the Bucks sake, they couldn't afford to lose him.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:46 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Ha ha. Yeah right. Mo Williams' contract is so ugly, you guys are stuck with him for a very long time. He is slated to make $8.3M next year alone.

2008/09 - $8,353,000
2009/10 - $8,860,000
2010/11 - $9,300,000
2011/12 - $8,500,000
2012/13 - $8,500,000 (Player Option)

I was dumbfounded when the Bucks gave him that cash and I still am today. Even if we wanted to give you Redick and Bogans, Mo's contract doubles both of theirs combined so it's not feasible. I would do the trade, if it were solely based of a talent switch. However, there's no way in hell we'd take on that contract. It's hideous.
Old 07-09-2008, 02:12 PM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Miller- Williams
Iggy
Young
Brand
Dalembert
Old 07-09-2008, 02:16 PM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp4516 View Post
Elton Brand is an absolute joke. He says he wants the Clips to sign Baron.. they do.. then the guy bolts to Philly.

I hate the NBA.

all along he's said hes been wanting to go to Philly

but if LA would sign Baron it might've changed his mind

it didnt, hes a Sixer

Clippers still suck
Old 07-09-2008, 02:25 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eh, I still don't think the 76'ers are that good a team. Yea, Brand and Iggy scare me offensively, but that's it. Is Willie Green really the 3rd scorer? He''s not too good. Miller is nice, Dalembert is solid on the glass. I don't think this team is deep enough and if they make the playoffs it won't be higher than the 7 or 8 seed
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 02:27 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Eh, I still don't think the 76'ers are that good a team. Yea, Brand and Iggy scare me offensively, but that's it. Is Willie Green really the 3rd scorer? He''s not too good. Miller is nice, Dalembert is solid on the glass. I don't think this team is deep enough and if they make the playoffs it won't be higher than the 7 or 8 seed
Miller's the 3rd scorer...not Green. Will Green even start? I wouldn't play him over Thad.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 02:28 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
thats all they were last year and they all but stuck it to the pistons with Reggie F. Evans starting........

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown View Post
Miller's the 3rd scorer...not Green. Will Green even start? I wouldn't play him over Thad.
Young's a beast. Green won't be bad off the bench at least
Old 07-09-2008, 02:31 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown View Post
Eh, Miller as a third option isn't much better. Brand probably would've been better off sticking in LA or going to GS IMO. I just don't see the hype for Philly after this(especially by BSPN)
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 07-09-2008, 02:34 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Eh, Miller as a third option isn't much better. Brand probably would've been better off sticking in LA or going to GS IMO. I just don't see the hype for Philly after this(especially by BSPN)
easy the East sucks and when you add a 20/10 player like Brand to a team that took Detorit to 6 games in the playoffs then you have to assume they can assert themselves as a Top 5 team in the East

Old 07-09-2008, 02:39 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
easy the East sucks and when you add a 20/10 player like Brand to a team that took Detorit to 6 games in the playoffs then you have to assume they can assert themselves as a Top 5 team in the East
Eh, I still don't see it. The Bucks will have be better than them with RJ. Detroit, Bahston, Magic, Cleveland, perhaps Toronto(who has no backcourt) and the Nets aka Sean Williams'(yes, that's my fantasy, who cares?)
Quote:
Old 07-09-2008, 02:42 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

I wonder if the Magic are smart enough to investiage a look at Sarunas Jasikevicius...

A Spanish newspaper, El Mundo Deportivo, reported this week that Lithuanian guard Sarunas Jasikevicius, who averaged 6.8 points in two years in the NBA, said he would be open to a comeback after a year in Greece. This was surprising because Jasikevicius, a star in Europe, seemed to be mostly unhappy during his time in the NBA.

His agent, Doug Neustadt, told me that he has been talking with a few teams about bringing Jasikevicius back. The problem, though, is that Jasikevicius has a, "European escape clause," in his contract. That means he has a small buyout, but only until July 15. Essentially, then, an NBA team would need to sign Jasikevicius by next week, and it's probably too early in the free agency period for that to be realistic.

"We have feelers out there," Neustadt said. "It's something worth looking into. But he has options right now, in Europe. We'll see how it all comes together."
Old 07-09-2008, 02:44 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Philly overachieved last year and with the Brand addition will probably be in the same area in the standings. I do not foresee this move skyrocketing them into the top 5.
Old 07-09-2008, 02:45 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Eh, I still don't see it. The Bucks will have be better than them with RJ. Detroit, Bahston, Magic, Cleveland, perhaps Toronto(who has no backcourt) and the Nets aka Sean Williams'(yes, that's my fantasy, who cares?)
Here's a tidbit on the Nets front.

Nets will see one of their free-agent targets head elsewhere. Mickael Pietrus is expected to sign today with Orlando. But that frees Keyon Dooling, whom the Nets courted before he signed with Magic three years ago. Nets free-agent front in wait-and-see mode. Three guys Nets monitoring, besides their own: Wizard Roger Mason, Nugget Eduardo Najera, Pacer Kareem Rush. Again, Nets would prefer to keep years to a minimum. New York Post

Orlando fans apologize for stealing Pietrus from you. ...yeah right :D
Old 07-09-2008, 02:45 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Detroit is on the way down, but I do feel they are better than Philly at this point. Orlando is real nice, but they are still missing one piece. Cleveland hasn't done anything to improve their team and they'll be between 6 and 8 in the East. Toronto is overrated and Jermiane O'neal has to prove himself again before they can be put on the map. The Nets...haha! As far as Milwaukee goes, I would like to see them make a big jump, but I think they're a 6 seed at best.

1. Boston
2. Detroit
3. Orlando
4. Philadelphia
5. Washington
6. Milwaukee
7. Cleveland
8a. Atlanta
8b. Toronto

Old 07-09-2008, 02:50 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Here's a tidbit on the Nets front.

Nets will see one of their free-agent targets head elsewhere. Mickael Pietrus is expected to sign today with Orlando. But that frees Keyon Dooling, whom the Nets courted before he signed with Magic three years ago. Nets free-agent front in wait-and-see mode. Three guys Nets monitoring, besides their own: Wizard Roger Mason, Nugget Eduardo Najera, Pacer Kareem Rush. Again, Nets would prefer to keep years to a minimum. New York Post

Orlando fans apologize for stealing Pietrus from you. ...yeah right :D
thanks; I guess :/

I read Pietrus said he would'vee loved to play for us, but there goes that. And if we sign Dooling, that mean Marcus would be on the way out(yay!) I'm ok with Mason or Rush but not Najera- ewww GROSS!!! oh well, we'll see what happens. JUST YOU WAIT TIL 2010!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Old 07-09-2008, 02:52 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anybody have any news on what the Hornets plan on doing in free agency? I can't seem to find anything.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!
saintsfan912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 02:53 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
Philly overachieved last year and with the Brand addition will probably be in the same area in the standings. I do not foresee this move skyrocketing them into the top 5.
How can you say that? Reggie Evans was crap at the PF spot and you replace him with a superstar and 20-10 guy in Elton Brand. Thats a Giant improvement. That allows Thaddeus to move to SF his natural posistion and allows Andre Igoudala to move to SG, and all of a sudden the 76ers have a complete line-up.

C- Dalembert
PF- Brand
SF- Young
SG- Igoudala
PG- Miller

and then you have offense on the bench in Louis Williams and Willie Green
eaglesfan_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 02:57 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsfan912 View Post
Anybody have any news on what the Hornets plan on doing in free agency? I can't seem to find anything.
I think that they're taking the LeBron James approach i.e. they think CP3 can get it done all by himself.
eaglesfan_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 02:58 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsfan912 View Post
That's cause they're not really doing anything at all. They extended Paul, which was great, but their moves (or lack of moves) this offseason has got to be majorly disappointing. Traded away their 1st rounder and now this FA silence.

They say they are going to target Posey but that's a reach.

http://www.nola.com/hornets/t-p/inde...080.xml&coll=1