Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-10-2008, 04:22 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Perfect. I like names that actually have meaning to the state/area.

All the new teams in the NBA have really wack names though. The worst is probably the Raptors or Bobcats. Oh wait no.. the Wizards. LOL.
The Jazz and Lakers are pretty bad, too lol. But that's just because of where they used to be. New Orleans and Minnesota.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 04:29 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
The Jazz and Lakers are pretty bad, too lol. But that's just because of where they used to be. New Orleans and Minnesota.
I wish the Hornets and Jazz could play a game for team rights. If New Orleans won they get the name "Jazz" back. Then Utah could either take the Hornets, which would make about as much sense as them having the name Jazz, or they could come up with a new one.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 04:29 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Utah Jazz is by far the worst.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 04:59 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown View Post
Utah Jazz is by far the worst.
Jazz has a classic sentiment to it though. Classic themes are the way to go. None of this Wizards, Raptors, Thundercats, stuff. Those are like fantasy types. Boo.

There are already too many cat names out there too. Enough already.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 05:00 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whoever said Cyclones...I agree with that.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 05:04 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man... I hope Otis is talking to Kiki right now about Marcus Williams. We got 2 back up SGs he can choose from.

Nets Looking To Deal A Forward
Rod Thorn intimated that he and GM Kiki Vandeweghe could look to deal a power forward. Our guess is Stromile Swift and/or restricted free agent Nenad Krstic, who is more of a center, but why squabble?

Thorn said the Nets are looking for a wing player, a backup shooting guard or combo guard. Point guard Marcus Williams continues to be on the trading block.

The Nets have talked to Chicago about a package that includes forward Andres Nocioni. They could renew talks with Denver for Marcus Camby. -- The Record
Old 07-10-2008, 05:05 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't like the name "Cyclones". I agree with Units, classic type names are the best.
Old 07-10-2008, 05:17 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Camby, but he's stunt Sean's playing time. We need a wing in THE WORST WAY, but I'm not a Nocioni fan at all. Trade Stro and Marcus, KEEP NENAD!!!!!

I told you he was on the block D!! I rule, but the Nets, not so much. If we trade Stro, our average age may drop! To like 23.

Right now the Nets team average is 24 years of age...wow
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 05:41 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Other than him being injury prone, I think his game is pretty good. Not great, but definitely above average. He knows how to control the tempo of a game, set teammates up, break down defenses and I don't know why you think he's a bad defender, but I've always thought the opposite. His range is very erratic, but when healthy he is a positive asset, imo.

I'd do Bogans, Cook and Redick for Tinsley and Shawne Williams.
Other than passing, he's below average in just about everything these days. He's making too much money (he's just about untradable) and he is also one of those guys that trouble always seems to find off the court. Def. not one of my favorites, I also cant stand PGs that dont have a consistant three or cant shoot at the free throw line...being a PG these are two things that you really should be good or consistant at. That just urks me, that he doesnt do either well. I'd pass, especially considering he is making $7 million.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 07-10-2008 at 05:45 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 05:45 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 05:46 PM    (permalink
islandboy843
Pro Bowler

islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post

Hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

islandboy843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 06:21 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandboy843 View Post
Hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Mumra kicks ass.
Old 07-10-2008, 06:28 PM    (permalink
islandboy843
Pro Bowler

islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Mumra kicks ass.

I love some Cheetara

islandboy843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 06:39 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.floridatoday.com/apps/pbc...44/1002/SPORTS

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 07-10-2008 at 06:45 PM.
Old 07-10-2008, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
You're pretty pumped for a guy who's basically ********.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 07:04 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Well that's harsh. lol.

I really like the fit, he could really excel for us. Yeah, he wasnt the most consistant w/ the Warriors but, that's Nellieball for you. We desperately needed some defensive help at the 2 and he fits the bill. Only knock I have on him is his free throw shooting but, other than that, it was a good signing. Gives us more size/length, defense, energy, and a consistant three ball at the 2.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 07-10-2008 at 07:08 PM.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:49 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
You're pretty pumped for a guy who's basically ********.
How many other guards are out there with 7 foot wingspans who love to play defense? I'm as happy to have him on the Magic as Spurs fans have been happy with Bruce Bowen. Am I bummed because he's not T-Mac? Nah. We only spent the MLE. Fair value, imo.

Waaaaaaaaaaaay happier about this than Chris Duhon. That was scary. I really thought Otis locked Duhon up. Thankfully, the Knicks pulled through.

So all things considering, I am VERY happy! We got ourselves a Power Guard. ...and a nice young promising compliment in Courtney Lee.

SG has been a thorn in our side since T-Mac left. At least now we might have some solid contribution and the future looks bright between the two guys we have.
Old 07-10-2008, 08:06 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Courtney Lee is continuing to impress me. I knew he could drain midrange jumpers, but I questioned his NBA 3pt range and the legitimacy of his defense. 3/4 shooting from 3 pt land today... 2 steals, 2 blocks, 18 pts... not too shabby. Not too shabby at all.
Old 07-10-2008, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Courtney Lee is continuing to impress me. I knew he could drain midrange jumpers, but I questioned his NBA 3pt range and the legitimacy of his defense. 3/4 shooting from 3 pt land today... 2 steals, 2 blocks, 18 pts... not too shabby. Not too shabby at all.
It's the Summer League. Belly-Nelly dominated the SL last Summer and look where that got him last season.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 08:13 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
It's the Summer League. Belly-Nelly dominated the SL last Summer and look where that got him last season.
WTF? It's the Summer League???!!!!1111
Old 07-10-2008, 08:16 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
WTF? It's the Summer League???!!!!1111
He's saying if someone does good, don't get excited. It means NOTHING.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 08:44 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown View Post
He's saying if someone does good, don't get excited. It means NOTHING.

I'm just happy you think Lee is doing good as well.
Old 07-10-2008, 09:06 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Yeah, it's summer league but, there is no denying that he has looked good out there. Of course, you have to take it w/ a grain of salt but, you cant help but, get a little excited after watching him. His slashing ability has looked great and he is getting to the line at a high rate, and converting over 90% there. It's also nice to see that he has no problems w/ the extended three point line, hitting just over 50% from the arc. (13 shots) You can get a good feel for what type of player he can be. He's shown a quick trigger and excellent defense and the willingness to guard the best player on the court. Yeah, Redick was also a SL hero but, his game didnt look anywhere near as polished as Lee's. It might not mean much but, he has been fun to watch out there. Yes, these games are just about pointless but, you can learn a thing or two about some players in Summer League.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-10-2008, 09:20 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Yeah, it's summer league but, there is no denying that he has looked good out there. Of course, you have to take it w/ a grain of salt but, you cant help but, get a little excited after watching him. His slashing ability has looked great and he is getting to the line at a high rate, and converting over 90% there. It's also nice to see that he has no problems w/ the extended three point line, hitting just over 50% from the arc. (13 shots) You can get a good feel for what type of player he can be. He's shown a quick trigger and excellent defense and the willingness to guard the best player on the court. Yeah, Redick was also a SL hero but, his game didnt look anywhere near as polished as Lee's. It might not mean much but, he has been fun to watch out there. Yes, these games are just about pointless but, you can learn a thing or two about some players in Summer League.
Main thing is if we're happy right, MOTH? :D

I'm still learning to like the pick. You were satisfied with it, I know...

But while I like seeing the player that he is showing me, a big part of me still wishes we had taken Chalmers.
Old 07-10-2008, 09:23 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Main thing is if we're happy right, MOTH? :D

I'm still learning to like the pick. You were satisfied with it, I know...

But while I like seeing the player that he is showing me, a big part of me still wishes we had taken Chalmers.
That's right. :)

As for Chalmers...

At the time...I thought Dooling was coming back so, i didnt see the need for another PG. Yeahhh looking back, it would have been nice to get back in the draft and nab Chalmers in the 2nd. Wouldnt have been a bad idea to try and get Arthur, either.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 07-10-2008 at 09:39 PM.