Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-10-2008, 11:20 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
wiz 1st unprotected?
it's conditional

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 11:24 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Javaris Crittendon and Mike James traded to the Wizards in a 3 team deal where the Grizzlies got the 1st rounder Washington promised in the Navarro deal

edt. I'm late
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 11:46 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Is there some Orlando - Dallas connection that I don't understand, seems there are a few Magic and Cowboys fans on this site
The early 90's? Haha, Im not sure.

For me, I hated the Bulls and 49ers when I got into sports as a child. I hated how they got all the media coverage and were seemingly unstoppable.

The Magic and Cowboys were the 2 teams who were young, but talented. They were the up and comers who had a chance to knock off Bulls and 49ers in my eyes. I hopped on as a fan of the rising underdogs.

I've stuck with them ever since, just a loyal fan. Once I pick a team I stay with it. So at age -- 5 or 6?? I picked the Magic, Cowboys, Dodgers, and Penguins.

Last edited by Burns336 : 12-10-2008 at 01:21 PM.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 01:04 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
wiz 1st unprotected?
It's the pick they traded us for Juan Carlos Navarro.

Quote:
The Griz picked up Navarro and sent a first-round pick on a sliding scale. The pick started out being protected at 19. Itís protected from 16 up in 2009 and 14 up through 2012. The protection dips to 12 in 2013.
Needless to say we weren't going to get to use that pick for a good while. I think it's a good deal for us, we are lacking at PG (We've been starting Dee Brown for gods sake) and we really liked Javaris pre-draft (almost took him over Nick Young) He's still young and has never really been given a chance, which we will be able to do. He's likely better than anything we got for that Grizzly pick anyway. We basically traded him for the Grizzlies to have 1 year of Juan Carlos Navarro.

And Burns, no use calling your GM stupid, like I said the Grizzlies weren't going to accept a player for Crittenton deal, they wanted their pick back and they especially were not going to do it for a piece of garbage like JJ.
Old 12-10-2008, 01:08 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
Flashy and exciting players in the mid-90s would be my guess.
Hit the nail on the head, same reason I was a fan of the Magic and Cowboys when I was in elementary school. Some people grew out of it, or got a home team in my case, and others just stuck with it. It used to be the same way with the Braves and Mariners back thaen too for baseball. Now of course its the Red Sox and Yankees with the most bandwagoners.

Last edited by ccB : 12-10-2008 at 01:12 PM.
ccB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 01:19 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Wizards, Grizz, and Hornets complete a 3 team trade.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3759656

Wiz receive Javaris Crittendon and Mike James and release Dee Brown

Griz receive Wiz's first round pick

Hornets receive Antonio Daniels
Mike James is on his way to being the next Damon Jones. Seems like he gets traded twice every year.
Old 12-10-2008, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
It's the pick they traded us for Juan Carlos Navarro.

Needless to say we weren't going to get to use that pick for a good while. I think it's a good deal for us, we are lacking at PG (We've been starting Dee Brown for gods sake) and we really liked Javaris pre-draft (almost took him over Nick Young) He's still young and has never really been given a chance, which we will be able to do. He's likely better than anything we got for that Grizzly pick anyway. We basically traded him for the Grizzlies to have 1 year of Juan Carlos Navarro.

And Burns, no use calling your GM stupid, like I said the Grizzlies weren't going to accept a player for Crittenton deal, they wanted their pick back and they especially were not going to do it for a piece of garbage like JJ.
Otis is still an idiot though, there is a reason we get out rebounded just about every game even with Dwight. His inability to add a quality PF who can play D and rebound is absurd. We've had the same problem for years and we keep ignoring it.

Instead, Otis decides to stack our wings and overpay for Reshard Lewis by about 45 mil.

What's to complain about?
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 01:27 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
Otis is still an idiot though, there is a reason we get out rebounded just about every game even with Dwight. His inability to add a quality PF who can play D and rebound is absurd. We've had the same problem for years and we keep ignoring it.

Instead, Otis decides to stack our wings and overpay for Reshard Lewis by about 45 mil.

What's to complain about?
Oh I didn't mean don't complain about him in general, I meant don't complain about him in regards to not landing Crittenton.
Old 12-10-2008, 01:39 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That New York Game was interesting. Neither team shot well at all, can't count how many missed layups and shots there were by both teams.

Rose played a solid game, shot the ball alright, made good passes...Needs to be more aggressive though and attack the basket.

Larry Hughes has to be benched if he plays like he did last night. I think he took a shot every time he had the ball, it was ridiculous. When the Bulls share and pass it, we are strong offensively. But when Ben, Gooden, Hughes, etc try to be Kobe and go one on one, we suck. A win is a win but it was a very ugly game.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 03:40 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Crittendon in Washington because he's the young PG with potential we need to allow us to spend our high 1st round pick on a big man.
Old 12-10-2008, 03:48 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
I like Crittendon in Washington because he's the young PG with potential we need to allow us to spend our high 1st round pick on a big man.
Yup I like the deal as well, basically we traded JCN for a 2007 1st round draft pick because Crittenton was the guy we would of selected if Young wasn't there.

I guess this means Juan Dixon will probably be the Wizard's starting PG, personally I think we should just throw J Crit in the fire and give the job to him. I mean we did start Dee Brown for gods sake.

Now on to operation tank the season in hopes of getting the #1 pick and selecting Blake Griffin. Let's hope god is a Wizards fan.

A future line up of Arenas/Young/Butler/Griffin/McGee with Jamison/Crit/McGuire/Blatche off the bench would give me an erection. I know this will not happen but I can dream.

Are you a Wiz fan Kev?
Old 12-10-2008, 03:53 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
Yup I like the deal as well, basically we traded JCN for a 2007 1st round draft pick because Crittenton was the guy we would of selected if Young wasn't there.

I guess this means Juan Dixon will probably be the Wizard's starting PG, personally I think we should just throw J Crit in the fire and give the job to him. I mean we did start Dee Brown for gods sake.

Now on to operation tank the season in hopes of getting the #1 pick and selecting Blake Griffin. Let's hope god is a Wizards fan.

A future line up of Arenas/Young/Butler/Griffin/McGee with Jamison/Crit/McGuire/Blatche off the bench would give me an erection. I know this will not happen but I can dream.

Are you a Wiz fan Kev?
Not a huge NBA fan but I do root for the Wiz when I do.
Old 12-10-2008, 04:10 PM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Crittenton was a good pick up, but no real use for Mike James. I agree with CCB though, this season should just be Operation Tank so we can pick up that stud Blake Griffin.

BoneKrusher
HChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 04:13 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HChu View Post
Crittenton was a good pick up, but no real use for Mike James. I agree with CCB though, this season should just be Operation Tank so we can pick up that stud Blake Griffin.
Speaking of PF's, remember that time the Wiz gave a 4 year/$50 million deal to a no defense chucker on the wrong side of 30?

Good thing they didn't sign an often injured, no defense, chucking PG to a 6 year/$111 million deal to go along with it.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 04:18 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Speaking of PF's, remember that time the Wiz gave a 4 year/$50 million deal to a no defense chucker on the wrong side of 30?

Good thing they didn't sign an often injured, no defense, chucking PG to a 6 year/$111 million deal to go along with it.
Pistons have Kwame Brown, jokes on you.
Old 12-10-2008, 04:28 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
Flashy and exciting players in the mid-90s would be my guess.
I'm not sure about the others but, i've lived in both areas.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Laces_Out_Dan
Rookie

Laces_Out_Dan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
That New York Game was interesting. Neither team shot well at all, can't count how many missed layups and shots there were by both teams.

Rose played a solid game, shot the ball alright, made good passes...Needs to be more aggressive though and attack the basket.

Larry Hughes has to be benched if he plays like he did last night. I think he took a shot every time he had the ball, it was ridiculous. When the Bulls share and pass it, we are strong offensively. But when Ben, Gooden, Hughes, etc try to be Kobe and go one on one, we suck. A win is a win but it was a very ugly game.
Those are real good points its really annoying when the bulls decided to be a one pass and shot offense, it never works for them. One other thing that still gets me kind of angry, is when the clock is running down why does the ball always have to be in Gordons hands not Roses. Half the time in this situation gordon either throws up a horrible contested shot, or looses the handle on the ball halfway to the rim. At least let Rose drive and kick, or take it to the rim and finish which he does well.
Laces_Out_Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 04:32 PM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
CCB: 1 - Brodeur: 0.

BoneKrusher
HChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And after this year, the Wiz have 3 years of Jamison and 5 years of Arenas left for insane amounts of cash compared to 0 years of Kwame left for Detroit.

J-Rich for Bell, Diaw, and Singeltary I guess was just announced. There goes Phoenix's perimeter D.

RIP TheManInBlack

Last edited by Brodeur : 12-10-2008 at 05:18 PM.
Old 12-10-2008, 05:19 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TRADE

Suns receive SG Jason Richardson and F Jared Dudley from the Bobcats for Boris Diaw, Raja Bell, and Sean Singletary.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 05:30 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

HOORAY!!!

finally got rid of Diaw, and Bell is a vastly overrated defender

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 05:37 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
HOORAY!!!

finally got rid of Diaw, and Bell is a vastly overrated defender
Still, that defense is horrible. And Jordan is a horrible godawful useless awful GM; at least Isiah could draft.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-10-2008, 05:47 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess the Suns want to be the first team in history to give up 200 points a game.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!
saintsfan912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 05:51 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
And after this year, the Wiz have 3 years of Jamison and 5 years of Arenas left for insane amounts of cash compared to 0 years of Kwame left for Detroit.

J-Rich for Bell, Diaw, and Singeltary I guess was just announced. There goes Phoenix's perimeter D.
Ok and in 3 years Detroit's roster will resemble a retirement home minus Rodney Stuckey. I still fail to see your point, your little snide comment had nothing to do with the conversation at hand, no one said the Wizards are good, no reason to be so condescending. I mean if you like I could point and laugh at you everytime you want to talk to football since the Lions probably wont be relevant in your lifetime. Stop being a lil turd.

Last edited by ccB : 12-10-2008 at 05:54 PM.
ccB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 05:54 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Ok and in 3 years Detroit's roster will resemble a retirement home minus Rodney Stuckey. I still fail to see your point, your little snide comment had nothing to do with the conversation at hand, no one said the Wizards are good, no reason to be so condescending. I mean if you like I could point and laugh at you everytime you want to talk to football since the Lions probably wont be relevant in your lifetime you lil turd.
Actually all that will be left as of now will be the 30 year old Tayshaun and Stuckey amongst some other little known people, so not really. And I just said that because those moves were beyond stupid at the time and I feel so bad for Wiz fans that they have to deal with them.

RIP TheManInBlack