Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-24-2009, 10:11 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
Herrmann looked hilarious on that.
Walt looks hilarious whenever he plays, lol.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 10:16 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
It is his own fault for looking like a 1980's Swedish bodybuilder except with much less muscles.
Old 03-24-2009, 10:22 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
He's been playing much better of late, but still out of control and has no idea what he's doing on the court. Stuckey needs to pick it up for the Pistons, this is a very important playoff positioning game. BTW the Heat should take over the 4 spot in the East real soon. The Hawks have a 3 or 4 game lead but I took a look at their upcoming schedule and it's Bananas. Their next games the play the Spurs, Boston, Lakers, Boston again, Orlando, it's crazy. There is 11 more games in the season for the Hawks. I only expect them to win 3 of those. Still that would put them at an amazing 45 wins for the season. Who would have though.
I agree on Thomas, although I think his progression is the main thing to note. He's still only 22 and starting to play like the player the Bulls hoped he'd be. I like what the Bulls are doing with Rose and high energy players in Noah and Thomas.
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 10:40 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He's been playing much better of late, but still out of control and has no idea what he's doing on the court. Stuckey needs to pick it up for the Pistons, this is a very important playoff positioning game. BTW the Heat should take over the 4 spot in the East real soon. The Hawks have a 3 or 4 game lead but I took a look at their upcoming schedule and it's Bananas. Their next games the play the Spurs, Boston, Lakers, Boston again, Orlando, it's crazy. There is 11 more games in the season for the Hawks. I only expect them to win 3 of those. Still that would put them at an amazing 45 wins for the season. Who would have though.
Thomas actually has improved greatly this season and looks like he knows what he's doing on the court most of the time. Idk how many Bulls games you've watched...

BOOOO CAPTAIN KIRK!!! You take that 3 to get Big Macs!
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 10:44 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Thomas actually has improved greatly this season and looks like he knows what he's doing on the court most of the time. Idk how many Bulls games you've watched...

BOOOO CAPTAIN KIRK!!! You take that 3 to get Big Macs!
THABO AND SANDWICHES!!!!!!!!!
It is why we need Sefolosha.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 12:12 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best/Worst drafting teams of the past 20 years.

http://www.82games.com/bestdraftingteams.htm

For some reason it doesn't surprise me that the Timberwolves are near the bottom. It does surprise me that the Bucks are at the top however.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 12:25 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When Tyrus plays within himself and doesn't try to shoot off the dribble or take his guy one on one from the 3 point line he's a good player. He's a game changer on both ends of the floor around the rim, he runs the court very well, his shot has improved GREATLY from his rookie season, and he brings a lot of intensity.

I don't want to speak too soon because Tyrus has been known to fool us before but I think the light may be starting to come on. He's understanding his role right now and that if he plays around the rim instead of trying to be a jump shooter or a two guard he can be very, very dangerous as you saw tonight.

His offensive game will continue to improve as long as he keeps working at it and once it catches up with his physical abilities we might all see what the hype was about when we drafted him and why we got rid of Aldridge. But it's nights like these that really make me as a Bulls fan excited about what he's capable of once the light goes on.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 12:37 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm very, very hesitant to include Tyrus in any trade right now. He's got another year left on his rookie contract I believe and if I were Paxson, I'd hold off moving him, unless it's for Dwayne Wade or someone like that. I really don't think some people realizes how well he's progressed from his rookie year to right now. While he's still got a lot to learn he's definitely improved as a player on both ends of the floor and that's a good sign. I say wait another year and see what we have, because it may be something special.

I don't know if this is accurate or not but Tyrus reminds me a lot of Shawn Kemp. A lot of raw ability and explosiveness. Kemp is one of those guys that I always wonder "what if" about. Guy had unreal potential.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 03-25-2009, 03:32 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Best/Worst drafting teams of the past 20 years.

http://www.82games.com/bestdraftingteams.htm

For some reason it doesn't surprise me that the Timberwolves are near the bottom. It does surprise me that the Bucks are at the top however.
I felt like the Magic should be at the bottom, then I remembered with draft decent players, trade them, and keep the worthless ones.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 03:59 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

I know I'm going to get crucified for this but I'm bored so I thought I'd spark up some conversation... These do happen to be my true feelings though, it's not just a devils advocate thing.

I think Griffen and Thabeet are overrated on this board. I think both need to stay in school and will never reach their potential if/when they come out this year.

To me, Griffen is no where near the prospect that Michael Beasley was last year, however he seems to be getting equal hype. I don't think he'll be able to rely on his athleticism as much in the NBA and when he faces bigger guys in the middle he isn't going to be able to overpower them. I think he's a good player and certainly worthy of a lottery pick, but I don't think he's that much better than DeJuan Blair. In fact, I see Blair becoming the better pro. I see Jason Maxielle in Blair and I love Maxielle's game. Back to Griffen -- I think he'll be a starter in the league, but not a star. I'd say he's going to give you David Lee production but with more flair and excitement, which is great but just isn't equal to the hype he's getting.

Thabeet is a great prospect. Key word being prospect. I would say the same thing about any 7 footer who can play defense. However, his offensive game is very weak. Now I know certain players (Dwight Howard) can overcome offensive deficiencies early in their careers just because of height and athleticism, but I don't feel like Thabeet is a very good athlete. The most concerning thing about Thabeet to me is his weight. He's pencil thin. This guy is going to get pushed around in the paint like a *****. Personally I think Thabeet is going to bust.

Tell me why I'm wrong.

2 Prospects that I really like are Ricky Rubio and Brandon Jennings. I think Jennings has a higher ceiling and will ultimately be the better player. I know the kid is a bit of an idiot, but I love his game. He's still raw, but he's got the total package.

Last edited by Burns336 : 03-25-2009 at 04:01 AM.
Old 03-25-2009, 04:18 AM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Jennings has a lot of potential but he really still needs a lot of work and I hope that going over to europe has affected him the right way and when he comes to the NBA he'll remember the team-oriented style of play he was learning and develop into a true PG instead of just another undersized scoring guard. As for his skills he's got to get his jumper figured out, no way should someone like him be so bad from the european 3 point line. Also he needs to get stronger and develop defensively while learning how to create shots for others with his passing as well as his ability to drive.
Mr. Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 04:40 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hero View Post
Jennings has a lot of potential but he really still needs a lot of work and I hope that going over to europe has affected him the right way and when he comes to the NBA he'll remember the team-oriented style of play he was learning and develop into a true PG instead of just another undersized scoring guard. As for his skills he's got to get his jumper figured out, no way should someone like him be so bad from the european 3 point line. Also he needs to get stronger and develop defensively while learning how to create shots for others with his passing as well as his ability to drive.

I agree that he is very raw, and I don't ever see him shooting the lights out from 3land (I'm thinking 33-35% max) but his skills should allow him to get to the hoop at will, he's got great court vision, he's got the ability to get his teammates involved when he wants to. His defense needs to be developed but a lot of young guards have the same problem. Until they get a coach who puts an emphasis on defense you never really see them hit their potential there.

I wish he would of gone to Arizona because I'd love to see him in tournament right now, but oh well. Kid made a mil for himself. I would have done the same.

While he may be raw, I still love his potential.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWX0ufGTHtE

The handles at 1:12 in this video is insane... I love his athleticism. Fun video for anyone who doesn't know who he is.

Sorry, I don't know how to embed videos.

Last edited by Burns336 : 03-25-2009 at 04:47 AM.
Old 03-25-2009, 04:58 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see how people can still like Jennings, personally haven't seen him play in Europe but he is averaging about 6 ppg and shooting under 40%

those aren't good numbers for anyone, especially a supposed lottery pick

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 05:01 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Blake Griffin = Kenyon Martin

Walter Herrmann agrees.
Old 03-25-2009, 05:09 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
I don't see how people can still like Jennings, personally haven't seen him play in Europe but he is averaging about 6 ppg and shooting under 40%

those aren't good numbers for anyone, especially a supposed lottery pick
I'm skeptical of the Euro numbers being a true representation of Jennings skills.

For starters, the Euro game is much more team oriented. If you take into consideration where Jennings came from (averaging damn near 40 ppg) I think you can see why he would struggle with his transition from streetball and AAU to the Euro league.

He's also very raw. I'd expect to see improvements in his game every year, but I don't think he will fulfill his lottery status until the 3rd or 4th season, which is fine as long as you get improvement and consistency on a game to game basis.

Maybe I'm blind since I've been all over him for the past 2 years but I'm really excited to see where he ends up.

Edit: I also believe that much like O.J. Mayo, Jennings game is best fit for the NBA.

Last edited by Burns336 : 03-25-2009 at 05:12 AM.
Old 03-25-2009, 05:13 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post

Walter Herrmann agrees.
Is that a good thing or bad thing in your opinion and do you think he's being overrated at this point?
Old 03-25-2009, 05:33 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:

The guy on Phoenix who is a "fake hermann" is pretty bad too
Old 03-25-2009, 08:54 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post

Walter Herrmann agrees.
Jordan Hill=Kenyon Martin. Also Kenyon Martin never averaged double digit rebounds in college and has always been a mediocre 6-8 rpg guy. Griffin is only a sophomore and already is the most dominant rebounder in the nation at over 14 per game. Martin as a sophomore averaged 9 points and 9 boards a game. Griffin averages 22.5 ppg, 14.4 rpg. In Martin's best year his senior year he averaged 18+9. Griffin if he stayed till his senior year would average darn near 28+17. The fact is Griffin is bigger, stronger, better ballhandler, actually has awareness as a passer, has a much more natural shooting stroke than Martin had even as a senior, is a better rebounder, and more. Honestly Griffin is better than Martin in everything except Martin's NBA jump shot is more advanced than Griffin's, but Griffin will work on it. Even in the NBA Kenyon Martin in his allstar years didn't come close to averaging double digit rebounds.

Old 03-25-2009, 01:50 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

I know I compared Tyrus to the Rain Man but I think Blake might be a better comparison to Kemp, and Blake will be a much better pro than Kenyon was.

Quote:
Old 03-25-2009, 01:52 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Kenyon even pre injury was just an athlete and a product of Jason Kidd. He really had no basketball skills and just benefited from catching oops in Kidd's prime. He wasn't a good rebounder or defender at all. Obviously too early to tell but I'd bet towards Griffin being a multiple time Allstar. I had him as my #2 draft eligible player last year behind Rose and still believe he is better than Beasley. Griffin has a defined role as a 4 in the NBA.

Old 03-25-2009, 01:59 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Well Griffin has a more polished post game than Kenyon did and he's got a better shot as well. I think the difference between the two is that Kenyon was more of an athlete playing basketball when he got into the league, Blake's a basketball player with unreal athleticism and explosiveness and that's why he'll have a much better career than Martin did.

Quote:
Old 03-25-2009, 02:04 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Well Griffin has a more polished post game than Kenyon did and he's got a better shot as well. I think the difference between the two is that Kenyon was more of an athlete playing basketball when he got into the league, Blake's a basketball player with unreal athleticism and explosiveness and that's why he'll have a much better career than Martin did.
Yup I wrote it in my post 2 posts up. People who call Griffin just a freak athlete don't actually watch him play. While his highlight plays and physical nature may be what people focus on which is a fair judgment, his skills are really overlooked. Being a freak definitely can't hurt you but he actually has an excellent handle, pretty good passing vision, he's very patient and doesn't just lower his shoulder to the hoop, and lastly his jump shot looks really nice. He needs to develop consistency, but in terms of form and elbow bend, he has the prototypical jump shot. All he needs to do is gain confidence with it as he's never in his career really had to use it because he was so physically dominant. If Amare could develop the jumper he did, no doubt Blake can because the foundation is there.

Old 03-25-2009, 02:13 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Kenyon even pre injury was just an athlete and a product of Jason Kidd. He really had no basketball skills and just benefited from catching oops in Kidd's prime. He wasn't a good rebounder or defender at all. Obviously too early to tell but I'd bet towards Griffin being a multiple time Allstar. I had him as my #2 draft eligible player last year behind Rose and still believe he is better than Beasley. Griffin has a defined role as a 4 in the NBA.
K-Mart was a pretty damn good defender in New Jersey and is very good for Denver right now.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 02:37 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Griffin/Martin comparisons are completely off other than they are both light skinned brothas. I don't know one thing about them that are similar. If I wasted the time talking about it, it would take forever. I like Boozer as a good comparison, but even that is not totally on point.

Burns, Griffin is so legit. He'll be way better than Beasley in the NBA. Beasley is having a hard time finding a position, but Griffin knows what he is and is good at it. His offensive game is so smooth and refined. He doesn't have elite athleticism and won't jump out of the gym, but he's very advanced technically and his good understanding of the game is apparent when you watch him play. Griffin > Boozer > Beasley.

Thabeet ain't all that, but when you look at this class you can see why he's being talked about highly. He's very raw, but some team will have high hopes for him. He could be Samuel Dalembert or he could be Steven Hunter. Either way, he'll be taken high because NBA teams take chances on big men like him.

The guy who I think is way overhyped on this board is James Harden and I've been saying that for a while now. He plays old man basketball. I'd compare him to Michael Finley with a more shaky outside shot.

Last edited by D-Unit : 03-25-2009 at 03:10 PM.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 02:50 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How do you even compare Griffin to Beasley when they are completely different players. Like, not one thing about them is alike other than they are both tall. Their playing styles, build, and mentality are completely different. Griffin is a back to the basket center with a pretty good mid-range shot and great athleticism for someone of his build. Beasley is a face the basket PF that likes to take jump shots, but can drive with authority and has great athleticism, but isn't built as big as Griffin.

Simply put, one is close to a prototypical, back to the basket center and the other is a jump shooting forward that has the athleticism to take his man off the dribble to drive. Completely different players and positions.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote