Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-05-2009, 09:29 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm hoping the Heat are the 6 seed. I'd much rather the Magic have to beat them and the Celtics, rather than the Magic and Celtics.

I think we could beat Orlando, but I don't think we would have near as much trouble with the Celtics.

The only two teams I think could beat us are Orlando and the Lakers.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 09:44 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
I'm hoping the Heat are the 6 seed. I'd much rather the Magic have to beat them and the Celtics, rather than the Magic and Celtics.

I think we could beat Orlando, but I don't think we would have near as much trouble with the Celtics.

The only two teams I think could beat us are Orlando and the Lakers.
I too hope the Heat are a 6 seed, because IMO the Hawks with home court can win the series against the 76ers, against the Heat I'm not too sure. 76ers and Hawks would also be probably the most competitive and exciting series with a bunch of young athletic talents on display. Hawks just need to lock up home court because they are one of the top 5 teams in the league when playing at home. On the road is a whole different monster, but they can win at least 1 series if they lock that 4th seed.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 09:45 AM    (permalink
DJC
Veteran

DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a Magic fan, I'm not really scared of the Heat in the 1st. Wade has put up 30+, 40+ and 50+ against us this season, and we still won those games comfortably. The one time we lost to the Heat this season, Chalmers had a very good game and we got no contribution from our bench. Since then, our bench has been getting better and guys like Gortat and Pietrus have been stepping up. We have Alston, Lee and Pietrus to cover Chalmers and Wade this time. With as little help as Wade has this season, it would take a legendary series from him to get 4 wins against us.

If anything, I'd want to go up against the Celtics if I'm a Heat fan.

Also, interesting stat I found on another forum. Compares the records of the top 5 teams in the NBA versus each other.

Those 5 teams records against each other this season:
San Antonio...2-6
Cleveland......3-6
Boston..........5-6
L.A. Lakers....6-3
Orlando........8-3

And one of those losses for the Magic was the controversial game against the Cavs a couple weeks ago.

Sig by BoneKrusher
DJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 09:56 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
You guys lost the raps on Wednesday. Jeez
Hey, 8 out of our last 9 with the 1 loss being by 4 points ain't bad.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 10:16 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
are you saying we (the lakers) are not good?
Nope, I think the Lakers are going to win the title this year to be honest.

Kobe is finally going to get the credit he deserves and a finals MVP, which is better than the regular season MVP award anyways, IMO.

I think Orlando is going to run into problems when Alston is out of the game. The offense still looks pretty stagnant with AJ running the point. He just doesn't push the tempo as well and whenever he's in the game we don't get shots as easy.

We are forced to switch to a high screen and roll game and pretty much let Hedo run the offense, which is scary because he's out of control and very turnover prone at times.

I'm actually looking at next year as the year for the Magic to win the title abd here are my main reasons:

D12 will have another year of experience, his post moves will be more refined. He'll prob up his scoring to 26 ppg, while maintaining 14 boards and 3 blocks. He's only going to become more dominant.

Courtney Lee should make a leap offensively. He's shown he's got the capability to be a scorer. He's one of our better slashers on the team and he is shooting over 40% from 3.

Pietrus will be healthy. He's been a non-factor since his injury but he showed early in the season that he could go off for 25+ on any given night. He'll be a good player off the bench. I expect him and Rafer to really raise the bench scoring and efficiency. Gortat and JJ should be somewhat improved as well.

Jameer will be starting again. He was lights out this year and simply cold blooded at times. I still remember being in the Staples Center earlier this season when he basically put the team on his shoulders and carried us to the 4th qtr win. With Jameer running the first team and Rafer running the 2nd team, we should be able to maintain a high tempo style.

Having 2 PG's that are both starting caliber and both like to push the action should allow us to keep our offense in the 2nd and 4th qtr similar to the way we run it in the 1st and 3rd, which is inside out.

I also think having Rafer with the second unit should improve the play of JJ, Gortat, Pietrus because he'll put them in a better position to score than AJ does.

So yeah, I'm going with Lakers this year, Magic next year.
Old 04-05-2009, 04:33 PM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lol Kidd with 16 and 12 before the first half.
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 04:38 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Burns I really doubt they keep both Jameer and Rafer on the roster.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 04:39 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

16 Assists at Halftime.. At this rate, he'll be #2 by the end of the game
Old 04-05-2009, 04:41 PM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernbabybern820 View Post
Lol Kidd with 16 and 12 before the first half.
4 more assists in like 2 minutes to close out the half.
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 04:47 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown View Post
Burns I really doubt they keep both Jameer and Rafer on the roster.
They've already stated that is the plan going into next year.

In fact, they said they've been looking at lineups with both players involved (Rafer at 1, Meer at the 2) for certain situations.

Rafer will be in his last year of his contract next year and Jameer is the number 2 leader on this team after Dwight. Both will be here.

Why do you think we wouldn't keep both? Rafer is going to be 33 or 34 I think, he isn't a starter much longer anyway.
Old 04-05-2009, 04:48 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
16 Assists at Halftime.. At this rate, he'll be #2 by the end of the game
Wow, he's got a chance at Scott Skiles record... I believe it's 30
Old 04-05-2009, 04:58 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

24 minutes until Phoenix's window slams shut. They had a fun ride, but a lot of bad breaks.
MidwayMonster31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 05:00 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwayMonster31 View Post
24 minutes until Phoenix's window slams shut. They had a fun ride, but a lot of bad breaks.
Should've traded Amare to the Pistons.
Old 04-05-2009, 05:08 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
They've already stated that is the plan going into next year.

In fact, they said they've been looking at lineups with both players involved (Rafer at 1, Meer at the 2) for certain situations.

Rafer will be in his last year of his contract next year and Jameer is the number 2 leader on this team after Dwight. Both will be here.

Why do you think we wouldn't keep both? Rafer is going to be 33 or 34 I think, he isn't a starter much longer anyway.
They can say that's the plan but it doesn't mean Rafer will accept being a backup.
Old 04-05-2009, 05:32 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They can say that's the plan but it doesn't mean Rafer will accept being a backup.
Rafer loves this team. Loves playing for SVG. Orlando will pay him. They gave up their first rounder for him. He's in the long term plans. There's plenty of playing time to go around to not have to worry about the term, "backup". ...and like Burns said... they are going to look into sets for both Jameer and Rafer to be on the court at the same time. At this point in his career Rafer is chasing that Ring... not minutes.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 05:41 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rafer can be a decent backup, he's not being payed a lot, and should be willing to be a backup, as long as he wins.
MidwayMonster31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 05:59 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Orlando lost to Chicago.

They are obviously not that good.
You can't use one game as a marker for how good a team is, especially against a team like us. We play very well at home and have quality wins against top tier teams, it's just when we get on the road we tend to struggle with consistency.

We also beat Cleveland and Boston (although they were without KG) at home, does that make us better than them as well? That question was rhetorical btw.

Orlando is a hard team to pick in the playoffs. I think they could do really well and get to the Finals or they could have an early exit just because of the playoff experience factor. I'm picking them to advance to Round 2 then I don't know, I want to see them play a little more before I put them any further as of right now. But definitely a team that can make some noise if they are playing well going into the playoffs and maintain that confidence.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
It sounds more like you just don't want to believe he's going to be our backup.

He's under contract with us. His contract expires next year. The Coach and Gm have already made public statements about using him and Jameer together as well as the boost he will give coming off of the bench. He's playing for one of the best teams in the East with a shot at a championship.

Now please tell me how Rafer has any say in the matter, or how you know he wouldn't accept being a backup, or even embrace the role for that matter?

You're reaching.
Old 04-05-2009, 07:40 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jason Kidd had himself a game today.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 07:41 PM    (permalink
My President is Black
Rookie

My President is Black hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

He's under contract with us. His contract expires next year. The Coach and Gm have already made public statements about using him and Jameer together as well as the boost he will give coming off of the bench. He's playing for one of the best teams in the East with a shot at a championship.

Now please tell me how Rafer has any say in the matter, or how you know he wouldn't accept being a backup, or even embrace the role for that matter?

You're reaching.
I have no idea about Skip to My Lou's intentions but if he didn't want a backup role he could pull a T.J. Ford...
My President is Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 07:49 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's go Lakers!
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 08:26 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by My President is Black View Post
I have no idea about Skip to My Lou's intentions but if he didn't want a backup role he could pull a T.J. Ford...
He's too old to pull that ****.

Either way, reports are that he's as happy as could be with Orlando. He sees it as very refreshing after being stuck in Houston. I don't think there will be any problems.
Old 04-05-2009, 08:48 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

Quote:

You're reaching.
Example: AI's under contract but obviously he has some control. Players can not accept backup roles or simply not fit into them. Him and Jameer together is a mistake. They'll shoot too much and neither can guard anyone over 6'3.

You're being overdramatic.
Old 04-06-2009, 01:02 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Example: AI's under contract but obviously he has some control. Players can not accept backup roles or simply not fit into them. Him and Jameer together is a mistake. They'll shoot too much and neither can guard anyone over 6'3.

You're being overdramatic.
It would only be certain situations -- for example Jameer and Rafer could both be in the game against Delonte and Mo Williams.

Rafer has a lot less control than A.I., he isn't an icon.

I just feel like you hate on anything positive that isn't Cavs related.

We have a great team this year and next year they will be better. It's true.
Old 04-06-2009, 01:35 AM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It would only be certain situations -- for example Jameer and Rafer could both be in the game against Delonte and Mo Williams.

Rafer has a lot less control than A.I., he isn't an icon.

I just feel like you hate on anything positive that isn't Cavs related.

We have a great team this year and next year they will be better. It's true.
The Magic + Fran Vazquez next year = Championship
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote