Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-17-2009, 05:45 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cleveland over Detroit
Boston over Chicago
Orlando over Phili
Atlanta over Miami

LA over Utah
Denver over New Orleans
SA over Dallas
Portland over Houston

Cleveland over Atlanta
Boston over Orlando

LA over Portland
Denver over SA

Cleveland over Boston

LA over Denver

LA over Cleveland
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 06:19 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Magic vs Lakers in the finals. Magic lose. Magic beat the Cavs in 5 games in eastern conference finals. Lakers win in 5 as well.

Lakers beat Magic in 5.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 06:21 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
Magic vs Lakers in the finals. Magic lose. Magic beat the Cavs in 5 games in eastern conference finals. Lakers win in 5 as well.

Lakers beat Magic in 5.
I can absolutely respect Magic over Cavs, I would think it has a good chance of happening, but in 5? I mean, the Cavs matching the number of home losses all year in one series? I don't see that happening.
Old 04-17-2009, 06:29 PM    (permalink
Highagain
Rookie

Highagain is a cocksman.Highagain is a cocksman.Highagain is a cocksman.Highagain is a cocksman.

First Round (West)
Los Angeles over Utah
Portland over Houston
San Antonio over Dallas
New Orleans over Denver

First Round (East)
Cleveland over Detroit
Miami over Atlanta
Orlando over Philadelphia
Boston over Chicago

Second Round (West)
Los Angeles over Portland
San Antonio over New Orleans

Second Round (East)
Cleveland over Miami
Orlando over Boston

Conference Finals (West)
Los Angeles over San Antonio

Conference Finals (East)
Cleveland over Orlando

NBA Finals
Cleveland over Los Angeles
Highagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 07:00 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Detroit over Cleveland - This is the worst match up for the Cavs. Veteran Pistons are a major threat in the playoffs. Their team is more experienced and they get hungry with the lights on. Pistons defense is still legit. Not having AI is actually a plus. Cleveland steamrolls into the playoffs too confident and fall hard just like Dallas did with the best NBA record a few years ago.

Chicago over Boston - No KG, no heart. Derrick Rose will be the superstar of this show and Boston's age will be glaring. The Champs fall hard and Doc Rivers is exposed as the nincompoop coach that he is.

Orlando over Philly - Philly doesn't have the manpower to last beyond 5 games at the max.

Atlanta over Miami - Atlanta is more talented top to bottom and will go far this year.

--------------------------------------------------------

LA over Utah - This one is a battle. Could go unexpectedly to 7 games. Jerry Sloan will match wits with Phil Jackson once again in another epic battle.

New Orleans over Denver - Denver is fake. I know Chauncey Billups makes this team operate better, but Chris Paul is a dominating force in the playoffs and his crew is more seasoned after last year's playoff push.

SA over Dallas - Two teams past their 15 minutes of fame. Still good enough to drag into the playoffs, but the excitement is long gone from this once Primetime match up.

Houston over Portland - Portland is talented, but too young. The Rockets w/out McGrady have proven to be a fiesty bunch. They enter the playoffs lead by hungry vets in Artest, Battie and Ming.

Atlanta over Detroit - Had a hard time here, but I think the Hawks pull this out. Detroit is exhausted from the Cavs series and this is Atlanta's year to establish themselves as a legit threat for next season.

Orlando over Chicago - Orlando takes care of business here in 4. This easy match up does not prepare them well for the future.

LA over Houston - Kobe and gang will make Houston look embarrassed. Houston is slowly emerging as the Utah Jazz of the 90's. Too good to get high enough in the draft to get help and too bad to do significant damage in the playoffs.

New Orleans over SA - Without Ginobili, things are a little easier this time around for the Hornets who are seeking revenge on the Spurs. But the Hornets are banged up themselves. This will be another 7 games series.

Orlando over Atlanta - Who would've thought these 2 teams would be here? Yeah, I'm being brave by predicting this, but I was never a sheep follower anyways. Bring on the criticism. Magic win here despite a courageous effort by the Hawks.

LA over New Orleans - Lakers are too dominant this year and simply flex their muscles over the Hornets. Lakers in 6.

LA over Orlando - Orlando swept their regular season match ups against the Lakers, but this time around find things to be very different. SVG is outcoached. Orlando is outplayed. And this series could end up being a sweep. Lakers win. Another tragic exit for the Magic who were never really ready for this caliber of team after not having to face tough teams leading up to this Championship series.

Cash It In!

Last edited by D-Unit : 04-17-2009 at 07:02 PM.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 07:05 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

D, if Detroit beats Cleveland, I will leave this site forever. And I won't even come back with a proxy or nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 07:05 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is a sheep follower worse than a sheep?
Old 04-17-2009, 07:21 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
Is a sheep follower worse than a sheep?
Yeah, that's the guy following the sheep's behind with a shovel.
Old 04-17-2009, 07:22 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown View Post
I can absolutely respect Magic over Cavs, I would think it has a good chance of happening, but in 5? I mean, the Cavs matching the number of home losses all year in one series? I don't see that happening.
ya I thought about it after and was too lazy to fix it. In 6.

Again, this isn't because I don't like the Cavs -- I think the Cavs would do better than the Magic against a healthy Celtics or Detroit... I just like the matchups against Orlando.

Either way, I have nothing to be excited about until next year because I don't think there is any way we can win this year. We need Jameer back. A 3-point and penetration threat is what we need from our PG... Rafer is great, but he can't shoot and isn't a great finisher. He'll look best coming off of the bench.
Old 04-17-2009, 07:23 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
D, if Detroit beats Cleveland, I will leave this site forever. And I won't even come back with a proxy or nothing.
Pretty bold, I admit. But it's just my opinion.
Old 04-17-2009, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
Can I have your rep points when you leave? haha.

I think detroit might take a game, 2 max, but I don't really see them making it much of a series.
Old 04-17-2009, 07:27 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:

Again, this isn't because I don't like the Cavs -- I think the Cavs would do better than the Magic against a healthy Celtics or Detroit... I just like the matchups against Orlando.

Either way, I have nothing to be excited about until next year because I don't think there is any way we can win this year. We need Jameer back. A 3-point and penetration threat is what we need from our PG... Rafer is great, but he can't shoot and isn't a great finisher. He'll look best coming off of the bench.
Orlando needs a big dirty power forward who will knock the **** outta anyone coming into the lane, grab boards and block shots. We got a lot tougher on the wings and at the point with Alston, Lee and Pietrus, but our frontcourt still lacks the necessary beef to beat a Western Conference power house.
Old 04-17-2009, 07:34 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

Quote:

I can buy 6 games. If it goes to game 7 at home for Cleveland I don't see them losing, but game 6 at Orlando sure.

I'm with Chris. Detroit beats Cleveland, I leave this site forever. I give Detroit at best a 5% chance.

Last edited by BrownsTown : 04-17-2009 at 07:37 PM.
Old 04-17-2009, 07:52 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Orlando needs a big dirty power forward who will knock the **** outta anyone coming into the lane, grab boards and block shots. We got a lot tougher on the wings and at the point with Alston, Lee and Pietrus, but our frontcourt still lacks the necessary beef to beat a Western Conference power house.
We need a guy who can first and foremost compliment Dwight Howard. Ideally, our big, tough power forward would also be able to hit a 10-15 foot jumper fairly consistantly.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 08:05 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Well you know I've wanted a "Jason Maxielle" type player for awhile.

I agree we need a banger/defense/rebounder at the 4.

But I think if we had Jameer we could beat the Lakers. He was pretty much the x-factor in our regular season wins. Remember they were completely healthy too, Bynum was running on all cylinders when I went to the game at Staples.
Old 04-18-2009, 02:11 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eastern Conference: First Round
#1 Cleveland over #8 Detroit (4-0)
#5 Miami over #4 Atlanta (4-2)
#3 Orlando over #6 Philadelphia (4-1)
#2 Boston over #7 Chicago (4-2)

Western Conference: First Round
#1 Los Angeles over #8 Utah (4-3)
#4 Portland over #5 Houston (4-2)
#6 Dallas over #3 San Antonio (4-2)
#2 Denver over #7 New Orleans (4-2)

Eastern Conference: Second Round
#1 Cleveland over #5 Miami (4-1)
#3 Orlando over #2 Boston (4-2)

Western Conference: Second Round
#1 Los Angeles over #4 Portland (4-2)
#2 Denver over #6 Dallas (4-3)

Eastern Conference: Finals
#1 Cleveland over #3 Orlando (4-1)

Western Conference: Finals
#2 Denver over #1 Los Angeles (4-2)

NBA Finals
#1 Cleveland over #2 Denver (4-2)
Old 04-18-2009, 02:27 AM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Denver beats Los Angeles, I'll eat my shirt. On webcam.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 02:35 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Award Predictions
Rookie of the Year - Derrick Rose
Most Improved Player - Devin Harris
Sixth Man of the Year - Jason Terry
Coach of the Year - Rick Adelman
Defensive Player of the Year - Dwight Howard
MVP - LeBron James
Old 04-18-2009, 02:36 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Jag View Post
If Denver beats Los Angeles, I'll eat my shirt. On webcam.
Eat shirt and die.
Old 04-18-2009, 03:39 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
Award Predictions
Rookie of the Year - Derrick Rose
Most Improved Player - Devin Harris
Sixth Man of the Year - Jason Terry
Coach of the Year - Rick Adelman
Defensive Player of the Year - Dwight Howard
MVP - LeBron James
I bet the COY goes to Mike Brown or, which is who my vote goes to, Spoelstra.

Other than that, I pretty much agree with you.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 07:57 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still have a sig quote.

Does it still stand?

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 08:24 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cleveland over Detroit in 5
Boston over Chicago in 6
Orlando over Philadelphia in 5
Miami over Atlanta in 6

LA Lakers over Utah in 4
Denver over New Orleans in 6
Dallas over San Antonio in 6
Houston over Portland in 7

Cleveland over Miami in 5
Orlando over Boston in 6

LA Lakers over Dallas in 6
Houston over Denver in 7

Cleveland over Orlando in 6

LA Lakers over Houston in 7

LA Lakers over Cleveland in 6
MVP: Pau Gasol

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 08:47 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eastern Conference: First Round
#1 Cleveland over #8 Detroit
#5 Miami over #4 Atlanta
#3 Orlando over #6 Philadelphia
#2 Boston over #7 Chicago

Western Conference: First Round
#1 Los Angeles over #8 Utah
#5 Houston over #4 Portland
#3 San Antonio over #6 Dallas
#2 Denver over #7 New Orleans

Eastern Conference: Second Round
#1 Cleveland over #5 Miami
#2 Boston over #3 Orlando

Western Conference: Second Round
#1 Los Angeles over #5 Houston
#3 San Antonio over #2 Denver

Eastern Conference: Finals
#1 Cleveland over #2 Boston

Western Conference: Finals
#1 Los Angeles over #3 San Antonio

NBA Finals
#1 Cleveland over #1 Los Angeles
Old 04-18-2009, 11:00 AM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm rooting for Chigaco. I like the fast style they play with. I can't wait to see them run up and down the court.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 11:08 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DA BULLS DA BULLS DA BULLS.....

http://www.hulu.com/watch/4171/satur...kis-super-fans

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Last edited by dabears10 : 04-18-2009 at 11:13 AM.
dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote