Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-18-2009, 12:33 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
I still have a sig quote.

Does it still stand?
You see my prediction? You guys aren't even gonna beat Detroit.

I'm the ONLY one saying it now. Watch and see.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 12:36 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Cleveland over Detroit in 5
Boston over Chicago in 6
Orlando over Philadelphia in 5
Miami over Atlanta in 6

LA Lakers over Utah in 4
Denver over New Orleans in 6
Dallas over San Antonio in 6
Houston over Portland in 7

Cleveland over Miami in 5
Orlando over Boston in 6

LA Lakers over Dallas in 6
Houston over Denver in 7

Cleveland over Orlando in 6

LA Lakers over Houston in 7

LA Lakers over Cleveland in 6
MVP: Pau Gasol
Haha, if Pau Gasol wins MVP I'll hardly mind the Cavs losing, just because it sticks it to Kobe homers pretty hard that he has no Finals MVPs.

Also, FWIW: John Hollinger picks Cleveland to win it all.

He has predicted the past 2 champs.
He predicted that Cleveland would get the top seed(no one saw it coming really)
He predicted Cleveland would make the finals in 2007(again, no one saw it coming).
His probabilities are:
Cleveland: 31.3%
LAL: 19.3%
ORL: 15.7%
and, shockingly, Portland: 11.8%

Then, a massive drop off:
Denver: 4.4%
Houston and Boston: 4.1%(Boston on the assumption that KG is done)

For winning the conferences, he has the Cavs at a healthy 50% chance of getting out of the East, followed by Orlando at 29.2 and Boston at 10%. Lakers won the West in 35.7% of simulations followed by Portland at 22.7%.

Cavs and Lakers meet in the Finals 18.1% of the time, with Cleveland winning 54.5% of the matchups. Next most common is Orlando-LA, at 10%, with Orlando only winning 41.8% of the time. Strangely, Orlando-Portland is over 4 times more likely(6.5%(with 50.5% success)) than Cleveland-Portland(1.5%(with 55.6%), despite the fact that Cleveland wins the East more often than Orlando. Only a 3.3% chance of a repeat of last year's finals, with LA winning ~69% of the time.

Read the rest of the article here: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playof...PERDiem-090417

Also, the funniest man in the NBA:

This guy is amazing, everything he says is absolute GOLD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 12:43 PM    (permalink
Highagain
Rookie

Highagain is a cocksman.Highagain is a cocksman.Highagain is a cocksman.Highagain is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
You see my prediction? You guys aren't even gonna beat Detroit.

I'm the ONLY one saying it now. Watch and see.
You're the only one saying it because Cleveland probably has the least chance of any team to get beat in the 1st round. I can't help but think the fact that you're a Magic fan is playing into that prediction.
Highagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 12:52 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highagain View Post
You're the only one saying it because Cleveland probably has the least chance of any team to get beat in the 1st round. I can't help but think the fact that you're a Magic fan is playing into that prediction.
I agree. If you look at my Hollinger article I posted, he gives a solid 2 paragraphs for each series, at least. For instance, take the ORL-PHI series:
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hollinger
Orlando (85.1%) vs. Philadelphia (14.9%):
Other than Cleveland-Detroit, this is the series in which the computer sees the least possibility of an upset. Orlando won the regular-season series 3-0, and although Hedo Turkoglu and Rashard Lewis both enter the series banged up, the Magic still have presumptive defensive player of the year Dwight Howard and a brigade of 3-point shooters.

About all the 76ers can hang their hat on is that Turkoglu and Lewis might be subpar, or perhaps absent entirely, at the start of the series, and the fact that Orlando had an above-average turnover rate. Few teams are better at converting those miscues into transition buckets than the Sixers, and they'll need to do it repeatedly to avoid going up against Orlando's mighty D in the half court.

Perhaps the injuries will be enough to extend the series, but that's about as much optimism as I can summon for Philly.

My prediction: Magic in 5
Now here's what he says for CLE-DET

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hollinger
Cleveland (91%) vs. Detroit (9%): Let's not waste everybody's time.

My prediction: Cavs in 4

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-18-2009, 12:58 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Come on Bulls, make Boston fail.
Old 04-18-2009, 01:06 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Derrick Rose is so damn impressive.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 01:14 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Sorry the Cavs are good, commie.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-18-2009, 01:16 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Welcome to the Derrick Rose show.

LoL @ Rose early in the game almost flushing one all over Pierce's face.
Old 04-18-2009, 01:19 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tim Thomas just because they are abusing you doesn't mean you should jack it up every time you touch the ball.

Well the Bulls are keeping it close. I hope we can steal one of these in Boston.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 01:36 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ray Allen /)_-

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 01:38 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

I wish I was watching this game, but I only seem to be getting hockey :(

Oh I found baseball. But still no basketball :(

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-18-2009, 01:39 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

its not on espn for you?

Old 04-18-2009, 01:43 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
its not on espn for you?
I don't get ESPN in Canada :( :( :(

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-18-2009, 01:45 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That last shot probably shouldn't have counted, the clock looked like it stopped. Oh well, great great first half. DAAA BULLS.

Old 04-18-2009, 01:47 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

they should just take the 4 other guys for each team off the court and let Rose and Rondo go 1-on-1
Old 04-18-2009, 01:56 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
I don't get ESPN in Canada :( :( :(
Sucks for you lol

Old 04-18-2009, 02:12 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Derrick Rose is just plain sick
Old 04-18-2009, 02:13 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

Derrick Rose turns me on like no man should, and I LIKE IT!

Old 04-18-2009, 02:15 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, the refs have officially assumed their position on their knees in front of the Celtics...
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 02:16 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

And the refs deciding they haven't been a big of enough factor. Stern called in and said the Celtics are not supposed to lose.

Old 04-18-2009, 02:22 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Big Baby actually has some decent range.
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rose is amazing.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 02:44 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Wow I'm watching the gamecast, D-Rose is unreal. And he's doing this to arguably the top defensive PG :|. Anyone think in the future he approaches or even matches CP3? Obviously different types of player, but yeah.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-18-2009, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nobody should ever give Rose a sniff to the lane ever, or he'll do this.
Old 04-18-2009, 02:46 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
Wow I'm watching the gamecast, D-Rose is unreal. And he's doing this to arguably the top defensive PG :|. Anyone think in the future he approaches or even matches CP3? Obviously different types of player, but yeah.
I think he can and will be a better player than CP3. Also, I am a homer on this issue so take that with a grain or pounds of salt.