Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-22-2009, 07:28 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well the Cavs are pretty awesome.

Old 04-22-2009, 07:29 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can anyone tell me the way? I need to repent to the NBA Gods for hating the Courtney Lee draft day selection.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 07:30 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I always liked Thaddeus Young's game...
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 07:32 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Can anyone tell me the way? I need to repent to the NBA Gods for hating the Courtney Lee draft day selection.
A true change in heart from hatred to love for the player is all the Gods need.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 07:33 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm tried my best to sell him to you draft day. BTW Hawks are playing like crap. Dwade is on fire, and the biggest ticky tack calls ever are being called against the Hawks at home while Magloire and Beasley are mauling in the interior and getting away with it.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 07:35 PM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wow...

The 1 reason i didnt want the 76ers playing the Magic in the playoffs...

is b/c i would have to watch the Magic play at home...
god their fans are terrible, and annoying
Old 04-22-2009, 08:31 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
LeBron James is a forgiving God. Simply send him a prayer telling him you are sorry, and you will be forgiven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 08:32 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WTF Wade.... that was the luckiest dagger I've ever seen.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-22-2009, 08:35 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All skill. :)

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 08:45 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Crazy game. Great game. I doubt the Heat will ever make that many threes again though, so this should be pretty interesting going forward. Should be fun to see if Miami can defend home court.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:39 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Birdman > LeBron.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:47 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow. Hornets are done. We let go of the Birdman and JR Smith when Byron Scott gets here. Sign James Posey whose no more than a role player. Don't sign Ben Gordon like we should have and where does all of that get us? Bounced from the playoffs in the first round.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 01:29 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

Oh. Two things before I forget.

1) Beasley needs to go clean. The corn rows plus the teardrop-looking cut under his eye make him look completely like a thug. Shave the hair man!
2) Quite a bit of props for him showing enough maturity to break up the potential skirmish with Magloire and J-Smoove (who still hasn't grown up).
Old 04-23-2009, 06:54 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the majority of refs in the playoffs are confused with how to officiate. At one hand they call the tackiest touchy fouls to "keep the game clean" while they allow hard intentional fouls in which the players don't even make a play on the ball they make a play on the body. The excuse this though because "it's the playoffs." You can't have both. Choose one or the other.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 10:41 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it Blasphemy if i'm starting to question if chris paul is really the best point guard in the leage? He's probably the best pure pg as well as one of the quickest etc etc. but i don't know if I'd readily take him over a couple other guys in the league if i was given a choice...

same goes for D-Ho (a healthy yao?)
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 11:07 AM    (permalink
jay cutler's #1 fan
Rookie

jay cutler's #1 fan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
Is it Blasphemy if i'm starting to question if chris paul is really the best point guard in the leage? He's probably the best pure pg as well as one of the quickest etc etc. but i don't know if I'd readily take him over a couple other guys in the league if i was given a choice...

same goes for D-Ho (a healthy yao?)
Who would you possibly take over Paul? Nobody is close to him at this point.
jay cutler's #1 fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 01:26 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
Considering you guys have the possibility of playing three more games at home, you're one of the deepest teams in the playoffs, Boston is actually forced to play Starbury and Mikki Moore who are proven to be terrible, the Celtics are one Big fouling out away from giving said Mikki Moore a heck of a lot of minutes, and Pierce and Ray Ray appear to be expending a ridiculous amount of energy, I'd say it'd be an enormous disappointment if they didn't come away with the victory. In my mind, it'd be an upset if Boston pulls this off, but I won't call it that since that'll upset everyone.

And Perkins, the one people just got done calling worthless, being called better than ANYTHING the Bulls have, is fairly comical. But downplay the Bulls all you like. :P
One of the deepest benches in the playoffs? With all due respect, what the **** are you talking about?

Kirk Hinrich, Tim Thomas, Linsday Hunter, Linton Johnson, and Brad Miller. Kirk is solid, Thomas is a selfish ballhog, I cannot stand Brad Miller anymore but I'll give you decent, Lindsay Hunter is way past his prime, and Linton Johnson bahahahahahaha.

Our starting 5 is the strongest part of our team....by far and even in that respect it's got some flaws with an undersized 2 guard and now real post threat.

Regardless of how shorthanded Boston is, on paper they are still a better team even without Powe and Garnett. And shooting 70% from the field and putting up 15ppg in the playoffs makes you worthless? Perkins never got many chances because he was the 5th option in that offense when the starters were on the floor. He's got a good back to the basket game, he hits the glass, and he's a solid defender. Perkins is a better front court player right now than anyone we have and Big Baby is comparable to Miller, probably even a little better.

Look I love my team and I see the talent we do have on the roster but the matchup still favors Boston, mainly because they experience in the playoffs and have more proven players in this league. The Bulls struggle with consistency, especially from the likes of Thomas, Noah, Salmons (injuries have hindered his play), and while Rose has been great he's still a rookie. Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, and Rajon Rondo are proven players in this league, we really don't have one at that level yet.

I realize they are shorthanded but even in that regard, I don't see how you can sit here and say it would be a let down if Chicago doesn't take this series. Do I think we can win this series? Without a doubt. Do I think we should win this series? No I don't, regardless of the "home court factor." Because we aren't going to win 3 straight home games if this series plays out that long and that means we will have to win another road game in Boston which I think is going to be a hard task.

We can go shot for shot with the Celtics, I have no doubts about that. My concern is the last 2 minutes and how we execute, and that's an area where Boston has proven themselves.

I don't think it's an upset if we win this series but at the same point I don't think it's a let down if we lose this series. Boston's talent even without KG and Powe in the lineup is still pretty damn good, the problem they will run into is possibly wearing down as the playoffs keep going because they have a short bench and guys like Allen and Pierce are older and wear down easily if given a bunch of minutes game to game, that's where I think we can take advantage of them if we can extend this series.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 01:32 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
WTF Wade.... that was the luckiest dagger I've ever seen.
Had LeBron hit that you would have been creaming your pants about his awesomeness. ;)

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 04-23-2009, 01:37 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Had LeBron hit that you would have been creaming your pants about his awesomeness. ;)
Well LeBron already did something similar... no defensive pressure, but further out, at the quarter buzzer.

And there was this game where he hit insane shots like it was going out of style.

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) : 04-23-2009 at 01:39 PM.
Old 04-23-2009, 01:41 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay cutler's #1 fan View Post
Who would you possibly take over Paul? Nobody is close to him at this point.
Deron Williams has something to say about that. Paul's very, very, very good but you highly underrate Deron. Without that ankle injury to start the season he would have had a much better season.

Now I will concede that right now Paul's a better player and the best PG in the game, but he's not far and away the best PG in the game, it's a lot closer than you think it is. Paul needs some help in the offseason as that team is a little thin and the Jazz need to dump Boozer and some of those other guys, in fact rumors are that if Utah doesn't pony up and get Deron some help, he'll be looking to move elsewhere because he feels that some of the guys on his team are lazy and don't care.

And in reality, they are two completely different point guards. Paul is a playmaker who thrives with the ball in his hands. Deron is a floor general. So it really depends on the type of offense you run because both of those guys are elite players in this league right now.

Quote:
Old 04-23-2009, 01:52 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

That was pretty impressive but Wade has been known to hit crazy shots as well, I can remember two in one game against Chicago, one to close out the half and the other was a running 3 pointer after a steal to beat us in OT at the buzzer.

Both of those guys have been known to hit ridiculous shots though so I wouldn't really call it luck, they do it on a regular basis.

Quote:
Old 04-23-2009, 01:58 PM    (permalink
jay cutler's #1 fan
Rookie

Quote:
That was pretty impressive but Wade has been known to hit crazy shots as well, I can remember two in one game against Chicago, one to close out the half and the other was a running 3 pointer after a steal to beat us in OT at the buzzer.

Both of those guys have been known to hit ridiculous shots though so I wouldn't really call it luck, they do it on a regular basis.
I call it luck because it was a bank. I highly, highly doubt he was trying to bank it. Hence, it was a bad shot that happened to catch the backboard right and go in.
Old 04-23-2009, 01:59 PM    (permalink
jay cutler's #1 fan
Rookie

Quote:
Deron Williams has something to say about that. Paul's very, very, very good but you highly underrate Deron. Without that ankle injury to start the season he would have had a much better season.

Now I will concede that right now Paul's a better player and the best PG in the game, but he's not far and away the best PG in the game, it's a lot closer than you think it is. Paul needs some help in the offseason as that team is a little thin and the Jazz need to dump Boozer and some of those other guys, in fact rumors are that if Utah doesn't pony up and get Deron some help, he'll be looking to move elsewhere because he feels that some of the guys on his team are lazy and don't care.

And in reality, they are two completely different point guards. Paul is a playmaker who thrives with the ball in his hands. Deron is a floor general. So it really depends on the type of offense you run because both of those guys are elite players in this league right now.
What is the difference between a playmaker and a floor general?

Only thing I see Williams having over Paul is his size. That's it.
Old 04-23-2009, 02:33 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
What is the difference between a playmaker and a floor general?

Only thing I see Williams having over Paul is his size. That's it.
A playmaker makes plays with the ball in his hands. Paul's not near as effective off the ball as Deron is. Deron runs his own sets and has a better understanding of X's and O's.

Deron's a better shooter, a better defender (Paul gambles in the passing lanes a lot, but he does have quick hands), Deron has a better assist/turnover ratio so I think he's a better decision maker, and he has better intangibles (although those are pretty tough to measure).

Stats wise Paul is a better player but Deron impacts the game in more ways than the box score. He's a very intelligent player, aka a floor general. Paul needs the ball in his hands to be most effective, Deron doesn't. Two different types of PG's. Deron is a very, very underrated player that definitely does not get the credit he deserves. Everyone drools over Paul and that's understandable but had Deron been healthy this year he would have had at least 20 and 11, his stats in the 2nd half of the season when he finally got healthy rivaled what Paul did this year.

It depends on what kind of offense you run, but both of those guys are elite PG's in this league and I would say when both are healthy it's 1A and 1B, with a slight edge to Paul at this point because of this season.

Quote:
Old 04-23-2009, 02:34 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
I call it luck because it was a bank. I highly, highly doubt he was trying to bank it. Hence, it was a bad shot that happened to catch the backboard right and go in.
So what was LeBron's half court shot then? Didn't hear anyone say how lucky that was.

Quote: