Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-23-2007, 09:25 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ho0k Em' View Post
What do you guys think of Jarrett Jack. A franchise PG or a solid journeyman?
Role Player.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Creek
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Role Player.
I think Jack will be a starting PG for awhile in the league, but never really a superstar. Should have a fine career though. Better than Telfair that's for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuff View Post
Yeah, good joke. Awesome.
Creek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 09:39 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For Da Bulls ((Btw, i dont know much about basketball)))

Nocioni maybe re-signed I dunno, PJ Brown out, Sweetney, Allen and some others outro! Duhon will probably get traded
Deng, Gordon, Heinrich, Wallace will be back. Thomas was progressing near the end of the season, I think Sefolosha will get some more looks next year.

Baring no blockbuster trade

My Bulls Ideal Mock Draft:
1.9: Spencer Hawes
2.39: Reyshawn Terry
2.41: Ron Lewis
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Last edited by bored of education : 05-23-2007 at 09:46 PM.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 09:41 PM    (permalink
NickBam
Veteran

NickBam hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ho0k Em' View Post
What do you guys think of Jarrett Jack. A franchise PG or a solid journeyman?
I'm not very high on him. However if Brandon Roy and Greg Oden (assuming thats who the Blazers draft) progress to what they can be, he could become a very, very good roleplayer.

Sig by gbpackers0065

Chicago Bears: NFC Champions
NickBam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 12:03 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
Possible talk about Portland trading Zach Randoloph for Rashard Lewis. That would be sick with Jack, Roy, Rashard, LaMarcus, and Oden. And Bulls fans fret all you want but Aldridge should have been the pick. Everything you are whining about and wanting in a bigman Aldridge has.
Thomas brought the house down in his workout with the Bulls. His first one he was a tad ill, but because he showed so much ability they asked him back for a 2nd try. And from what I read he lit up the Berto Center, which is what vaulted him over Aldridge. LaMarcus I guess had a very good workout, but Tyrus just blew everyone out of their seats with what he did. And for them, he was the BPA on the board at the time, or well the BTA (best talent available) and our front office felt that he was to much of a talent to pass up. Call him a tweener, call him a hybrid, call him whatever you want but when this kid got minutes, he made a difference both offensively and defensively. Tyrus needs to get stronger, he needs to work on his post game, and he needs to get consistency on that outside jumper. All of which are attainable for him. Strength shouldn't be a problem. He's got the frame to fill out, hell Deng has gotten much bigger in 2 seasons. Post game, he showed signs of one in limited minutes. He's extremely quick and explosive, just needs some refining on his footwork and his post moves but the tools are there for that. When he puts his head down and goes to the basket, he's extremely difficult to stop. His mid range jumper has good form and it looks good. He just needs work on it. Luol Deng came in with a very inconsistent mid range jumper, and now it's his bread and butter. What makes me confident is that he is a pretty darn good free throw shooter right now, which means that he has touch.

In 2-3 years down the road, Tyrus is going to be an impact player. The kid progressed a bunch during the season, which earned him more minutes. He's a gym rat who'll work extremely hard on his game in the offseason, not to mention that both he and Thabo will be playing in not only one, but two summer leagues this year which will help them even more. Tyrus has unreal potential, and he showed that this season. He's far from a finished product, but I salivate at the thought of what he will look like once he does fill out his game. Is he a true PF? Nope he's not. Is he a true SF? Nope he's not. But that doesn't bother me one bit. With the style we're playing in Chicago, he'll fit in just fine at the 4 position. Which means at the 5, we're going to get a guy who is a true back to the basket player to replace Big Ben. He and Deng are going to cause HUGE matchup problems for the opposition down the road.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 05:35 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creek View Post
Here's an early mock I threw together for shits & giggles: http://boosanta.blogspot.com/2007/05...eams-only.html

Not anything too earth-shattering.
It's nice Creek but Marvin Williams has been playing SF, Josh Smith has been playing PF where he will most likely stay.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 06:45 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creek View Post
Here's an early mock I threw together for shits & giggles: http://boosanta.blogspot.com/2007/05...eams-only.html

Not anything too earth-shattering.
I like Milwaukee's pick :)

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 08:57 AM    (permalink
NYmoney
Veteran

NYmoney needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewing View Post
Yes, it would have been a great year had Ainge not been a punk and told Rivers to lose games. Had the Celtics gotten the number five pick without tanking there would be a lot more respect for them on this forum and in the league. You play to win; no matter what. I agree that all of four those guys are developing nicely and it's good for the franchise. Yes, Pierce and the gang being healthy would have made a difference but they still lost games on purpose. I agree you should take the good with the bad so be happy that you only ended up with the number five pick. I'm not saying they flat out tanked but for you to say they didn't at all is biased, self-centered, and homerism, and that's all there is to it.
The whole point of professional sports is to win a championship, not to win games. I support tanking. If Oden was on Boston next year, they would have been a top 6 team in the East.

Sorry Baaaahston, sux to be you.
NYmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 08:58 AM    (permalink
NYmoney
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
Possible talk about Portland trading Zach Randoloph for Rashard Lewis. That would be sick with Jack, Roy, Rashard, LaMarcus, and Oden. And Bulls fans fret all you want but Aldridge should have been the pick. Everything you are whining about and wanting in a bigman Aldridge has.
Don't act like Aldridge has the inside presence the Bulls want. They want the inside presence NOW, not in 3 or 4 years. Big difference. He's prolly not the solution.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:30 AM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aldridge did do a good job. He is pretty much what we want, but TnT is explosive and a team lifter. Aldridge is a good player who can be great, but he wont excite the crowd and give your team a shot in the arm when he comes in, thats what TnT brings that Aldridge doesnt. And next year after a whole offseason to work on his shot and upper body strength i see him becoming a solid contributor for our team.

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 12:52 PM    (permalink
NYmoney
Veteran

tThomas is going to be a great swingman.
Old 05-24-2007, 01:00 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYmoney View Post
tThomas is going to be a great swingman.
He'll be playing the 4 for us NY. Deng has the wing slot filled and TnT certainly isn't playing the 2.

Btw, rumblings on ESPN that we're going after Collison. I think he'd be a good fit but I don't know if I want him starting. Plus I think it'd cost us the #9 pick, no way Jose'.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 05-24-2007, 01:04 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As predicted by many

http://www.hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

Quote:
Twenty-four hours had yet to pass on the draft lottery transformation of the Portland Trail Blazers, and general manager Kevin Pritchard and his staff already had brainstormed a most intriguing idea: If they're going to draft Greg Oden, they should take a hard look at making a trade to get Mike Conley Jr. to come with him. So the discussion is under way, a source close to the team and Oden said Wednesday night, about trading into the top of the lottery for a second draft pick to secure the franchise center's personal point guard. It would be a brilliant, bold stroke for the Blazers G.M., and here's the thing: Pritchard has the parts and the imagination to make it happen.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 01:04 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heart Tyrus Thomas, I can't wait to see him refine his game further so that he can get more playing time.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 01:05 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hell NO! Not worth the 9
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 01:23 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Wiat what? Trading into the lottery with a 2nd round pick? It's going to cost more than that. Probably Randolph will be in that deal.

Roy, Conley, Aldridge, and Oden in the starting 5, pretty scary. Although they still have no wing and no bench.

Quote:
Old 05-24-2007, 01:31 PM    (permalink
NickBam
Veteran

NickBam hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Wiat what? Trading into the lottery with a 2nd round pick? It's going to cost more than that. Probably Randolph will be in that deal.

Roy, Conley, Aldridge, and Oden in the starting 5, pretty scary. Although they still have no wing and no bench.
I'd become a Blazers fan real fast if that happened. If I was Pritchard, I'd have no problem dumping Randolph if I can pick up a player like Mike Conley.

Sig by gbpackers0065

Chicago Bears: NFC Champions
NickBam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 01:53 PM    (permalink
LitoSheppard
Veteran

LitoSheppard needs more cowbell.

^ bantx
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEROY_FROM_YONDER View Post
**** this forum it will never ever been good cause its memebers eat doo doo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I just left him negative rep saying "I don't eat doo doo".
LitoSheppard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 02:01 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Nah Sweetness it says they want to trade up for a 2nd draft pick in in lottery, meaning #1 being one so they want another. If they trade to say around 5, it will cost them, their 2nd rounder, Jarrett Jack, and Zach Randolph. Or their 2nd rounder, Jack, Martell Webster, and an 08 first rounder or something like that. If he Blazers offer us Jack, Randolph, and Webster for #3 I'd do it.

Old 05-24-2007, 02:21 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know it's a preconceived notion that the Blazers take Oden, but I've seen some writeups that say it certainly is not a lock that he'll go number one and Durant should be in it. Points aren't all great but some are interesting, so my question is, is there any chance at all the Blazers go Durant, and if so how good is it?
derza222 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 03:10 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Travis Outlaw improved alot last year and dont forget about Martell Websters, even though hes more of a jump shooter.
Old 05-24-2007, 03:32 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Plus the Blazers are gonna be the front runners for Rashard Lewis, and with Durant going to the Sonics Rashard won't stay, and Portland is not a far move from Seattle for him.

Old 05-24-2007, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
I know it's a preconceived notion that the Blazers take Oden, but I've seen some writeups that say it certainly is not a lock that he'll go number one and Durant should be in it. Points aren't all great but some are interesting, so my question is, is there any chance at all the Blazers go Durant, and if so how good is it?
Trailblazers need a center badly. I can't see them passing on Oden.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 03:36 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Does anybody else sense another LeBron/Carmelo/Darko situation brewing? I'm going out on a major limb and saying that Yi Jianlian will be drafted before Kevin Durant. If the Sonics re-sign Rashard Lewis they'll have no need for a 3, and even if they don't their biggest need is still a big man who can score, after they swung and missed on Sene, Swift, and Petro. They also don't really have to worry about pissing off their fanbase because it's looking more and more like they're definitely moving to OKC, and by that time Jianlian might have developed into the star he's got the potential to be.
The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin
TPFKA#1SaintsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 03:38 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan View Post
Does anybody else sense another LeBron/Carmelo/Darko situation brewing? I'm going out on a major limb and saying that Yi Jianlian will be drafted before Kevin Durant. If the Sonics re-sign Rashard Lewis they'll have no need for a 3, and even if they don't their biggest need is still a big man who can score, after they swung and missed on Sene, Swift, and Petro. They also don't really have to worry about pissing off their fanbase because it's looking more and more like they're definitely moving to OKC, and by that time Jianlian might have developed into the star he's got the potential to be.
Sonics suck at drafting, they have taken so many lottery big men and none have panned out, I feel sorry for Yi if he goes to them. They should just draft Durant the best player there. And even if they don't want him Durant will go #2. Teams will be offering a heck of a lot to get to that pick and if the Sonics don't want him they would be dumb to pass down a trade down. They could trade down to the Celtics at #5 only moving down 3 spots and could pick up a very good young player along with the 5th pick if that's what they desire.