Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2009, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Manic Depressant
Rookie
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 357
Reputation: 3194
Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Meh, the Hawks arent even that good when healthy...not in comparison to the top 3 teams in the East. And now that they are banged up, they're just getting beat up on more. They never had a chance.
Really what have the Magic proved in the playoffs? That they can beat Philadelphia in 6 games? Or possibly beat Boston in 6 or 7 games without Garnett? If Cleveland hasn't shown much in these playoffs, what have the Magic proved?

You can make the argument that Cleveland hasn't faced elite competition yet but they have absolutely steamrolled their opponent every game. Orlando has played similar talent (Boston is better but they don't have KG and many thought they wouldn't get out of the first round) and have barely scraped by.

Obviously anything can happen but Cleveland has to be the far and away favourite to win the East. They dominated the regular season as the best team in the league and have taken their play to another level in the postseason. Plus, they have home court advantage and they only lost one meaningful game all season at home. I just don't see how you bet against them at this point in the East.

Last edited by Manic Depressant : 05-11-2009 at 01:31 PM.
Manic Depressant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 3,273
Reputation: -45692
Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336
Default

I didn't comment last night because I was so pissed and didn't actually have anything to add....

I'm ok with that defense. SVG came out today and said the players did exactly what he told them to do, which I assume means double Pierce and Allen -- I actually thought Pierce was going to huck that shot up.

Again, the Celtic's showed their class. I expected a celebration, but talking **** to the Magic fans and then yelling down at the Orlando bench? Nice. I hope we ******* stomp those **** at home and then take them out in front of our crowd so they can dish it right back out.

We lost a huge opportunity last night. Could of basically ended the series. Now we have to do it the hard way. Further more, we've damaged our chances to beat Cleveland by extending this series. The Cavs are peaking right now and it's going to take a lot to beat them.

Side note:: Back to what I said before the playoffs started. Shard steps up, Hedo chokes. It's like the reverse roles from the regular season. Shard is putting it on the floor, hitting runners, posting people up, looking like a 119 million dollar scorer. Hedo looks like a guy that we should let go because just like last year, he doesn't get it done when it counts.

He jacks up 3's and wastes possessions.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 01:36 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 61,191
Reputation: 2484712
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Sometimes I wonder with you D.

I said we match up well against Boston. I never said we have their number and would for sure take them. Just like with Cleveland, I said a series could go either way. And when talking about Boston, I always said I'd rather play them then the Pistons because, of the matchups. I also said I would have prefered to play the Bulls because, of matchups or we'd be looking at a bunch of close games. You're really good at putting words in people's mouths....and you always make rash remarks and conclusions off of one or a couple of plays. Constantly bashing your own players like you dont even watch the games or have no idea how to differentiate between good play or bad. Yes Rashard was awful this season on defense. He was dominated constantly en route to helping the Magic have the #1 rated defense in the NBA. Great observation.

Dont want to be too harsh but, you are always misquoting me to get some sort of gain out of it for yourself. ummm yeah.
Fine, maybe I misread you a lot. I apologize. I just looked back and yes, that was thebow who just said ORL has had CLE's #, not you. However, I'm not trying to find some kind of gain for myself. haha. There's nothing to gain. What's great about a forum is that there are people who view things from different points of view and talking about differences is fun to me. I enjoy the conversations with you in this thread more than anyone elses. LOL. I do pick things up from you, and if you noticed lately, I've been trying to see things from your eyes. I did hate on Rashard's D for giving Davis that shot, but apparently SVG is taking the blame now, so you were right, Lewis was probably asked to double Pierce.

I do agree, Boston did pose a better match up than the Pistons, just for historical reference. Not sure they would beat us without Billups anymore. Like McDyess said... you can only beat 1 team so many times before the run ends.

Yes, I make rash remarks. I'm quick to blame a player for a mistake. I'm quick to give praise too. I'm really pissed at this last game because I think we played really dumb basketball in the end after playing so well to catch up. For the life of me I don't know why Redick got so much playing time in the end, I don't know why Hedo jacked up those 3s, I don't know why we didn't attack Pierce constantly once he got that 5th foul, I don't know why Pietrus stopped slashing his way to the basket, I don't know why they didn't work the ball to Dwight with Perkins out of the game, I don't know why we kept settling for jumpers instead of attacking the basket!!! Slashing to the rim was working for us earlier and then we went away from it. It opens up the floor for our shooters and Dwight is always there for the put back on misses. I just don't understand it.

So with this upcoming game, despite the way I like to beat teams when they are at full power, I really won't be crying if Perkins can't play. He will play most likely, but I like Dwight coming out and saying that Game 5 will be a dogfight.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 01:37 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 12,227
Reputation: 214818
thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
Again, the Celtic's showed their class. I expected a celebration, but talking **** to the Magic fans and then yelling down at the Orlando bench? Nice. I hope we ******* stomp those **** at home and then take them out in front of our crowd so they can dish it right back out.
See, I have a problem with this. You guys act like the fans aren't saying **** back. They're the ones starting all that. They're not just sitting there pleasantly with their hands folded. And I don't know why they can't talk smack anyway. They can say whatever the hell they want when they beat you. Really, I hope the Celtics win so KG can stick his chin out just for you.
__________________
Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Sonics
thetedginnshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 01:39 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 11,240
Reputation: 2164337
bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Hedo jacking up 3s was just dumb, with that said i think the cavs go 12-0 to the championship.
__________________


bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 01:40 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 40,786
Reputation: 789330
M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic Depressant View Post
Really what have the Magic proved in the playoffs? That they can beat Philadelphia in 6 games and Boston without Garnett is certainly giving them a run for their money.

You can make the argument that Cleveland hasn't faced elite competition yet but they have absolutely steamrolled their opponent every game. Orlando has played similar talent (Boston is better but they don't have KG and many thought they wouldn't get out of the first round) and have barely scraped by.

Obviously anything can happen but Cleveland has to be the far and away favourite to win the East. They dominated the regular season as the best team in the league and have taken their play to another level in the postseason. Plus, they have home court advantage and they only lost one meaningful game all season at home. I just don't see how you bet against them at this point in the East.
I said they should be favored but, I think they're getting a litte too much hype for beating up on two bad or beaten teams in the playoffs. They are 2-4 or 2-5 against the Celtics, Magic, and Lakers. They're a team with great chemistry but, outside of Lebron and Mo, the argument can be made that the rest are a bunch of role players. I didnt say the Magic or Celtics would take them but, some people seem to think they'll steam roll them which, I dont think will be the case at all. The previous/current playoff games should not be seen as a compartive factor. Every series is different and the fact does remain that Orlando has given them fits for years in head to head matchups...and Boston, while not the same kind of threat, matchup wise cannot be taken lightly either. They have battled back time and time again and with the likes of Rondo, Allen, and Pierce they certainly have the weapons to beat the Cavs. I just dont like the fact that everyone put the Lakers and Cavs in the finals before the playoffs even began. There is still a long way to go.
__________________

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 05-11-2009 at 01:42 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 01:45 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 61,191
Reputation: 2484712
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic Depressant View Post
Really what have the Magic proved in the playoffs? That they can beat Philadelphia in 6 games? Or possibly beat Boston in 6 or 7 games without Garnett? If Cleveland hasn't shown much in these playoffs, what have the Magic proved?

You can make the argument that Cleveland hasn't faced elite competition yet but they have absolutely steamrolled their opponent every game. Orlando has played similar talent (Boston is better but they don't have KG and many thought they wouldn't get out of the first round) and have barely scraped by.

Obviously anything can happen but Cleveland has to be the far and away favourite to win the East. They dominated the regular season as the best team in the league and have taken their play to another level in the postseason. Plus, they have home court advantage and they only lost one meaningful game all season at home. I just don't see how you bet against them at this point in the East.
Who says Cleveland isn't the favorite? Why are you using Moth's post as a pedestal to stand up and say this? He didn't make any reference against that. Sit back down.

I'm sick of hearing the Boston w/out KG excuse. You don't hear Orlando talking about missing Jameer, unless a Magic fan brings it up. ...and no, the majority DIDN'T think that Boston, the #2 seed was going to lose the series to Chicago before the series began.

The Magic proved they are a top 3 team in the East. They won the #3 seed. So you can't say they aren't when they did. Go fix your logic.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 01:47 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Pentagon City, VA
Posts: 22,874
Reputation: 520433
SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
The Hawks weren't beat up to start the series, it didn't get that way until probably game 3 after they had been blown out a few times...It's easy to consider the Hawks a weak team now, but they are a pretty scary team for anyone to face, they were just never in this series at all.
Just a quick comment but at the start of the series Al Horford was out, and we haven't had Marvin Williams all playoffs. I honestly think that if the Hawks had the entire squad healthy that they could at least compete. This is a team that went 7 games with the champion Celtics last year except this year they are deeper with guys like Flip Murray and Mo Evans. The Hawks just need to add some perimeter shooters and backup big men. The rotation of Horford, Zaza and Smoove is great but beyond that there is nothing. Solomon Jones shows flashes but Woodson doesn't trust him. Othello Hunter and Randolph Morris are pathetic and in no way belong on an active NBA roster. I honestly think the Hawks could be so much better if they could just add another active big even like someone on Etan Thomas's level.
__________________

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 01:50 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 61,191
Reputation: 2484712
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
See, I have a problem with this. You guys act like the fans aren't saying **** back. They're the ones starting all that. They're not just sitting there pleasantly with their hands folded. And I don't know why they can't talk smack anyway. They can say whatever the hell they want when they beat you. Really, I hope the Celtics win so KG can stick his chin out just for you.
Haha. I just stuck my chin out to you and neg repped you on this post. You wanted a reaction by saying this, so you get it.

Boston has no class. None. Did you see Doc Rivers? C'mon... Act like you've been there before. He's such a child and a fraud as a coach.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Manic Depressant
Rookie
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 357
Reputation: 3194
Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Who says Cleveland isn't the favorite? Why are you using Moth's post as a pedestal to stand up and say this? He didn't make any reference against that. Sit back down.
If you followed the conversation instead of freaking out whenever somebody posts something about the Cavs being better than the Magic, you would probably see what the conversation was about:

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Orlando has had their number ever since Lebron has been there. If we want to get technical. I also dont think you can say the Cavs are playing at this unreal level right now because, of the competition. Granted the Cavs are great but, they werent going to have a problem beating up on those weaker teams. They played a horrible (no offense) Detroit team and a beat up Hawks team. It was bound to shake out this way, the playoffs dont even start for them until the Eastern Conference Finals. They should def. be favored in either series but, they're not unbeatable.
---

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I'm sick of hearing the Boston w/out KG excuse. You don't hear Orlando talking about missing Jameer, unless a Magic fan brings it up. ...and no, the majority DIDN'T think that Boston, the #2 seed was going to lose the series to Chicago before the series began.
Huh? I was pointing out that the competition Orlando has played hasn't been much better than who Cleveland has played. Yes, Boston is a pretty good team but they are nowhere near the team they are with Garnett. I have no clue why you are bringing up Jameer in this argument.

I also said "many" (not the majority) people thought Boston wouldn't get out of the first. They certainly were not a favourite to win the East or even reach the East Finals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
The Magic proved they are a top 3 team in the East. They won the #3 seed. So you can't say they aren't when they did. Go fix your logic.
Huh? Are you that defensive where you'll go on a rant about your team when I wasn't even attacking them? I said that if you're going to make the argument that Cleveland hasn't proven anything in the playoffs yet, what have the Magic proved? Cleveland has steamrolled their opponents. The Magic have struggled against opponents of a similar caliber.

When did I ever say anything about the Magic not being a top 3 team in the East? Just stop with the straw man arguments already.
Manic Depressant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:02 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 12,227
Reputation: 214818
thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Haha. I just stuck my chin out to you and neg repped you on this post. You wanted a reaction by saying this, so you get it.

Boston has no class. None. Did you see Doc Rivers? C'mon... Act like you've been there before. He's such a child and a fraud as a coach.
Classy. :P

But I'm going to have to say I was just responding to what he said and not really looking for a reaction.

In any case, me personally, I'd never celebrate and I'd never disrespect my opponents. I abide by the "act like you've been there before" belief. However, I don't see a problem with it and I think they have every right to celebrate. Plus, for those that have troubles leaving their hearts on the court (i.e. the Magic), it gives them a wake-up call to start playing like they're capable of. I just think that's what the playoffs are about. I hate when everyone's acting all friendly. Kenny and Chuck even kind of alluded to it with the Cavs/Hawks series saying the Hawks are doing a little too much "autograph signing" with LeBron, being more in awe than playing him straight up. Rough some people up!
__________________
Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Sonics
thetedginnshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 3,273
Reputation: -45692
Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
See, I have a problem with this. You guys act like the fans aren't saying **** back. They're the ones starting all that. They're not just sitting there pleasantly with their hands folded. And I don't know why they can't talk smack anyway. They can say whatever the hell they want when they beat you. Really, I hope the Celtics win so KG can stick his chin out just for you.
Because fans talk smack to every opposing player in the league.

You don't think opposing fans yell at LeBron, Howard, Duncan, Artest, Kobe???

You don't ever see those guys yelling into the crowd and yelling down at the opposing bench after games.

The celtics have no class.

I also just neg repped you. Celtics are acting like this is the And 1 tour, not NBA basketball. They are classless turds. No other team or no other set of stars in the NBA, or any other sport for that matter, act this way.

Last edited by D-Unit : 05-11-2009 at 02:06 PM.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:05 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 12,227
Reputation: 214818
thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
Because fans talk smack to every opposing player in the league.

You don't think opposing fans yell at LeBron, Howard, Duncan, Artest, Kobe???
See, it's funny you say this because Wade and LeBron do it quite often. In fact, if you watched the Cavs game the other day, you would've seen LBJ do it repeatedly to a fan that was heckling him. But if you have another argument, I'd love to hear it.
__________________
Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Sonics
thetedginnshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:05 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 61,191
Reputation: 2484712
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic Depressant View Post
If you followed the conversation instead of freaking out whenever somebody posts something about the Cavs being better than the Magic, you would probably see what the conversation was about:



---



Huh? I was pointing out that the competition Orlando has played hasn't been much better than who Cleveland has played. Yes, Boston is a pretty good team but they are nowhere near the team they are with Garnett. I have no clue why you are bringing up Jameer in this argument.

I also said "many" (not the majority) people thought Boston wouldn't get out of the first. They certainly were not a favourite to win the East or even reach the East Finals.



Huh? Are you that defensive where you'll go on a rant about your team when I wasn't even attacking them? I said that if you're going to make the argument that Cleveland hasn't proven anything in the playoffs yet, what have the Magic proved? Cleveland has steamrolled their opponents. The Magic have struggled against opponents of a similar caliber.

When did I ever say anything about the Magic not being a top 3 team in the East? Just stop with the straw man arguments already.
I have yet to see anyone say Orlando is superior and will beat Cleveland. What have the Magic proved? You ask that kind of question and you can expect to get all kinds of responses. Bottomline, they proved that they're good enough to get to the 2nd round. Nothing more. What has Cleveland proved? That Lebron makes them pretty damn invinceable.

Have the 2 faced similar teams? No. Philly and Detroit might be similar, but Boston (w/out KG) >>>>>> Atlanta. That comparison is a joke.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:06 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 3,273
Reputation: -45692
Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Haha. I just stuck my chin out to you and neg repped you on this post. You wanted a reaction by saying this, so you get it.

Boston has no class. None. Did you see Doc Rivers? C'mon... Act like you've been there before. He's such a child and a fraud as a coach.
It's pathetic D, it really is.

The only guy I heard that consistently calls them out for their lack of class is Jim Rome.

I used to dislike Rome but ever since I heard him start pummeling the Celtics, I've had a change of heart. Haha.

Anyway, you see almost ALL of the same stuff I see. Everything from Hedo being a choke artist disposable role player, to our guys completely quit on whats working, to the Celtics proving to be nothing more than teenage punks on the inside....
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 3,273
Reputation: -45692
Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
See, it's funny you say this because Wade and LeBron do it quite often. In fact, if you watched the Cavs game the other day, you would've seen LBJ do it repeatedly to a fan that was heckling him. But if you have another argument, I'd love to hear it.
I watched the game and I never saw LeBron do anything retaliatory towards the crowd. I never see Wade do it either.

Both Bron and Wade will hold a pose after a moster dunk, but I never see them yelling profanities into a crowd filled with 10 year olds.

Celtics are trash. Everyone on these boards agrees with that except for you.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:08 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 40,786
Reputation: 789330
M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

What does Cleveland actually have to prove against those weaker teams? Everyone knew they were going to win those games. They should win those games no problem, as they have. Being a 2 or a 3 seed, your road should naturally be tougher to the Conference Finals. But really, nothing in the previous series leading up to a Cavs vs Magic/Celtics game really matters at all. Those series are not a good comparitive factor. Who's to say, so and so wasnt playing at another level because, they were playing a bad team? Don't downplay the importance of the matchup. Every series is different. Different players, schemes, tempos, etc. The previous series successes all get thrown out the window the moment Cleveland actually plays one of them. A clean slate. Anything can happen in the Eastern Conference Finals.
__________________

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:09 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 11,242
Reputation: 496749
YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

For the record, Kobe talks **** during games.

"This man can't guard me"
__________________


YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 3,273
Reputation: -45692
Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
For the record, Kobe talks **** during games.

"This man can't guard me"
Different than saying "**** this, **** that" into a crowd filled with children.

Jarring during the game is fine. Yelling into the crowd post game and at the opposing bench in ********.

I actually saw Dwight say "Get the **** out of here with that stuff, go home"

I can only hope this fuels the Magic... We'll see
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:14 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 12,227
Reputation: 214818
thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
I watched the game and I never saw LeBron do anything retaliatory towards the crowd. I never see Wade do it either.

Both Bron and Wade will hold a pose after a moster dunk, but I never see them yelling profanities into a crowd filled with 10 year olds.

Celtics are trash. Everyone on these boards agrees with that except for you.
Haha. LeBron even commented on it after the game. But whatever.

In any case, I agree the severity of the taunting is different. One's certainly more vocal. From personal experience though I'd say I have just as much problem with someone staring me down on the court after they do something as them talking a bunch of trash. But that's just me. Anyways, they all follow the leader, and KG is clearly more animated than just about any other star, so obviously it's going to be "louder".

But I just don't think the Celtics are "trash". It just reminds me a whole lot more of the 90's, so I appreciate it. Plus, if half the teams in the league played with the kind of chemistry they have, the quality of basketball would improve tremendously.
__________________
Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Sonics
thetedginnshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:16 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: I got 99 cookies because a ***** ate one
Posts: 11,965
Reputation: 552467
ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I think you guys are overreacting, they won the game on a last second shot, a game in which if they lost that most likely would of signaled the end for them and their playoff run. Such a moment is bound to create such a huge adrenaline rush that it is possible to let some unfiltered emotions out, which may or may not be 100% appropriate.
__________________
ccB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:21 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Pentagon City, VA
Posts: 22,874
Reputation: 520433
SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

The Celtics taunting is trash. The Cavs taunting is the worst but they get a pass because it's "Team unity." Personally I don't buy all of that sausage feast stuff from them, they act that way to piss other teams off. I know announcers drool over them celebrating a defensive play even when they have the game won but to me it's obnoxious. Just like 2 games ago the Hawks were like down 30 points in the 4th quarter and Flip Murray dribbled the ball off of his foot and turned it over near the Cavs bench. LeBron who was on the bench stood up walked towards Flip and clapped his hands. It's super obnoxious. It is something LeBron will learn when he matures. You don't have to act like a Superstar to be a superstar. It's annoying to see him flex his muscles and give stares to the crowd every single play, but as long as he backs it up with his play, he can be a D-bag all day. The Celtics only act that way because of Kevin Garnett. Garnett has taught them all how to cuss out the refs, the crowd, and their own teammates. Not surprised with Big Baby he had to sit on the bench all year watching KG cuss out everyone including himself. Kendrick Perkins though is funny to watch because the guy truly hates his life and hates the world.
__________________

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:21 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: I got 99 cookies because a ***** ate one
Posts: 11,965
Reputation: 552467
ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
Because fans talk smack to every opposing player in the league.

You don't think opposing fans yell at LeBron, Howard, Duncan, Artest, Kobe???

You don't ever see those guys yelling into the crowd and yelling down at the opposing bench after games.

The celtics have no class.

I also just neg repped you. Celtics are acting like this is the And 1 tour, not NBA basketball. They are classless turds. No other team or no other set of stars in the NBA, or any other sport for that matter, act this way.
You mean the Ron Artest who ran into the stands when provoked by an opposing teams fan? I just neg repped you, just because I felt left out of the neg rep party.
__________________
ccB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Manic Depressant
Rookie
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 357
Reputation: 3194
Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
The Celtics taunting is trash. The Cavs taunting is the worst but they get a pass because it's "Team unity." Personally I don't buy all of that sausage feast stuff from them, they act that way to piss other teams off. I know announcers drool over them celebrating a defensive play even when they have the game won but to me it's obnoxious. Just like 2 games ago the Hawks were like down 30 points in the 4th quarter and Flip Murray dribbled the ball off of his foot and turned it over near the Cavs bench. LeBron who was on the bench stood up walked towards Flip and clapped his hands. It's super obnoxious. It is something LeBron will learn when he matures. You don't have to act like a Superstar to be a superstar. It's annoying to see him flex his muscles and give stares to the crowd every single play, but as long as he backs it up with his play, he can be a D-bag all day. The Celtics only act that way because of Kevin Garnett. Garnett has taught them all how to cuss out the refs, the crowd, and their own teammates. Not surprised with Big Baby he had to sit on the bench all year watching KG cuss out everyone including himself. Kendrick Perkins though is funny to watch because the guy truly hates his life and hates the world.
How do you feel about the way Jordan carried himself on the court?
Manic Depressant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 3,273
Reputation: -45692
Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336
Default

Well, I hate the Celtics more than any team in any sports. Mostly because if their attitude and lack of class.

Sports are filled with emotion and player on player emotion is fine. My main problem is when you go at the fans. Please grow up, you're a professional athlete on the road, do you think they are going to cheer you?

It makes me want to call them more than just turds...
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.