Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who will win the NBA Championship in 2013?
Miami Heat 15 26.79%
Miami Heat 3 5.36%
Miami Heat 31 55.36%
Miami Heat 6 10.71%
Miami Heat 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-11-2009, 02:24 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
Because fans talk smack to every opposing player in the league.

You don't think opposing fans yell at LeBron, Howard, Duncan, Artest, Kobe???

You don't ever see those guys yelling into the crowd and yelling down at the opposing bench after games.

The celtics have no class.

I also just neg repped you. Celtics are acting like this is the And 1 tour, not NBA basketball. They are classless turds. No other team or no other set of stars in the NBA, or any other sport for that matter, act this way.
hahahahahaha

did this really just happen?

incredible...

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:24 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Different than saying "**** this, **** that" into a crowd filled with children.

Jarring during the game is fine. Yelling into the crowd post game and at the opposing bench in ********.

I actually saw Dwight say "Get the **** out of here with that stuff, go home"

I can only hope this fuels the Magic... We'll see
Yeah, I saw that at the end. Happy to see that side of him.

For the record, I respect Ray Allen. That guy has class. I respect KG as a player and his passion for the game too. I don't like his sideline antics and his jawing mouth on the bench. Doc, I have never respected. I liked last year's Rondo better than this new KG influenced Rondo (who is now less humble and much more dirty as a player). Pierce is a great player and he plays the game fine by me. He'll cry about some fouls a little more than I like, but it doesn't bother me, I don't see him getting star treatment from the refs. Davis and Perkins have come a long ways in improving their games. Gotta applaud them for that. But Davis is really immature and that has been showcased all throughout the playoffs. Not just last night.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:25 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not big on this sort of thing...but, the only guy that I've completely lost respect for is Rondo. For his obessessive flopping, mouth, and the constant need to ham it up every time he gets tapped or even when he doesnt. He is just a complete joke. He has lost so many fans this year and rightfully so. I was never a fan per say, but I certainly respected him and his game.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Manic Depressant
Rookie

Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
I think you guys are overreacting, they won the game on a last second shot, a game in which if they lost that most likely would of signaled the end for them and their playoff run. Such a moment is bound to create such a huge adrenaline rush that it is possible to let some unfiltered emotions out, which may or may not be 100% appropriate.
Luckily for us these are professional athletes not recreational 10 year old basketball players so nobody's feelings should be hurt...

What's next, people complaining about an NBA team running up the score?
Manic Depressant is offline   Reply With Quote
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
You mean the Ron Artest who ran into the stands when provoked by an opposing teams fan? I just neg repped you, just because I felt left out of the neg rep party.
Point is, ever since that incident, Artest is the target of every fan at every away game and even he doesn't yell up into the crowd. Boston is supposed to be "above that" and they act like street players.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:27 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic Depressant View Post
Luckily for us these are professional athletes not recreational 10 year old basketball players so nobody's feelings should be hurt...

What's next, people complaining about an NBA team running up the score?
Well this is a league which now suspends or fines anyone who commits a foul, and a league which doesn't even allow their players to wear a T-shirt in a post game interview.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Manic Depressant
Rookie

Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Point is, ever since that incident, Artest is the target of every fan at every away game and even he doesn't yell up into the crowd. Boston is supposed to be "above that" and they act like street players.
Artest would be the last guy to get involved in the crowd for obvious reasons. The fact is if he so much as gestures towards a fan he'll be in serious trouble with the league.

I don't know how much NBA you watch, but there's always jawing between fans and the players. It ranges from friendly banter to flatout rude and inappropriate comments. This is nothing new in the NBA or any sport for that matter and it certainly is not the domain of the Boston Celtics only.
Old 05-11-2009, 02:30 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
hahahahahaha

did this really just happen?

incredible...
I purposely used Artest as an example.

I know what happened in the past and because of that he is the target of opposing fans at every game -- I still don't see Artest yelling up in the Staples center crowd after the game. He keeps his **** between him and Kobe, the way it should be.

Plus if you guys really want to get all technical, the fan "assaulted" Artest by throwing beer on him, that guy deserved to be knocked out.

Either way, that's in the past and to see a guy like Artest act with more class than the Celtics throughout these playoffs, which he has... well, that should tell you something.
Old 05-11-2009, 02:32 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just wanna say, this thread would suck without the passion of the Magic fans. :D

Man, they are one VERY frustrating team to cheer for.
Old 05-11-2009, 02:33 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Plus if you guys really want to get all technical, the fan "assaulted" Artest by throwing beer on him, that guy deserved to be knocked out.
Actually, if you want to get technical, the fan he "knocked out" didn't "assault" him at all.
Old 05-11-2009, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Manic Depressant
Rookie

Class doesn't win basketball games.

It's funny, because Michael Jordan (the player who can do no wrong) was one of the most "classless" players in the NBA. Biggest mouth on the court and he was beyond emotional.

People loved Jordan's emotional play. His competitiveness. His trash-talking. I did too. Obviously when your team is on the losing end of the trash talk or emotion it sucks, but that's life. If you can't take it, you probably shouldn't be playing or even watching sports.
Old 05-11-2009, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Artest would be the last guy to get involved in the crowd for obvious reasons. The fact is if he so much as gestures towards a fan he'll be in serious trouble with the league.

I don't know how much NBA you watch, but there's always jawing between fans and the players. It ranges from friendly banter to flatout rude and inappropriate comments. This is nothing new in the NBA or any sport for that matter and it certainly is not the domain of the Boston Celtics only.
I watch plenty of NBA. Enough to realize that the Celtics are allowed to get away with murder in every aspect of the game.

Flip the switch. If Orlando wins the next game in Boston and talks **** to the crowd, what do you think the reaction will be? The Boston Bias ESPN will be all over them and the NBA will "look into it"

They know they have immunity so they act like classless, dirty ***** to the fans, opposing teams, and refs.

If you guy's would like to see more of this in the NBA then you're trash as well. Competition is meant to be kept on the court.

Teams like the Spurs are true champions. Duncan has 4 freaking rings and doesn't raise a peep.

KG had to be teamed up with 2 other hall of famers just to get 1. The Celtics are a joke. A 1 hit wonder. They each got their one ring, and that's all their getting -- yet they all act like the greatest of the greats.

I just hate taunting and hate poor sportsmanship. I played Basketball through highschool and never let my stuff leave the court. I had more maturity at age 16 than these punks have in their 30's
Old 05-11-2009, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
Actually, if you want to get technical, the fan he "knocked out" didn't "assault" him at all.
Spitting on or throwing liquid onto someone is considered assault, thanks to the liberal pussies who run this country.

Believe me, I know.
Old 05-11-2009, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Manic Depressant
Rookie

Quote:
Teams like the Spurs are true champions. Duncan has 4 freaking rings and doesn't raise a peep.
Duncan is one of the biggest complainers in the league...
Old 05-11-2009, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Manic Depressant
Rookie

Quote:
Spitting on or throwing liquid onto someone is considered assault, thanks to the liberal pussies who run this country.

Believe me, I know.
Except the fan Arest attacked had nothing to do with the beer that was thrown. He was just sitting there when Artest bullrushed him.
Old 05-11-2009, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Class doesn't win basketball games.

It's funny, because Michael Jordan (the player who can do no wrong) was one of the most "classless" players in the NBA. Biggest mouth on the court and he was beyond emotional.

People loved Jordan's emotional play. His competitiveness. His trash-talking. I did too. Obviously when your team is on the losing end of the trash talk or emotion it sucks, but that's life. If you can't take it, you probably shouldn't be playing or even watching sports.
Going back and forth with Spike Lee is different than yelling up into the retirement crowd a.k.a. the Orland Magic fanbase.

Like I said, during the game, on the court -- I'm all for good competition and talk. Once the game ends, you act like an adult and like a good sport. You don't rub egg in the face of the opponents and you don't jaw with fans.
Old 05-11-2009, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Duncan is one of the biggest complainers in the league...
Please read what I'm saying. I'm talking about POST GAME. and Duncan is the definition of class. That is an argument you will not win.
Old 05-11-2009, 02:41 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it is hilarious that you guys are making a big deal of it. I know having big baby take a massive **** on your home court hurts but the Celtics just tied the series up in a huge away game. The fans were probably talking all kinds of **** and the Celtics were pumped. IMO you guys are just pissed you lost at home and it was a game winning shot by BIG BABY DAVIS!!!!! I love it. Go Celtics!!!!
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:47 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
I think it is hilarious that you guys are making a big deal of it. I know having big baby take a massive **** on your home court hurts but the Celtics just tied the series up in a huge away game. The fans were probably talking all kinds of **** and the Celtics were pumped. IMO you guys are just pissed you lost at home and it was a game winning shot by BIG BABY DAVIS!!!!! I love it. Go Celtics!!!!
Yeah, let's get away from this class subject. It's pretty irrelevant even if true or not true.

I am pissed that this game was lost, but I'm not pissed at Boston for the way they won it. They have major clutch ability. They are mentally tough. The Magic are weak. They panic. They crumble in tight games and they crumble in blowout games. Even wtih 20+ pt leads, it's never safe with them. How does that get corrected? Better coaching? Personnel change?
Old 05-11-2009, 02:48 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
For the record, I respect Ray Allen. That guy has class.
I'm not so sure Sideshow Bob and Kobe would agree with this, amongst others.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:49 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would just like to say Glen Davis is a *****, but that was a clutch shot.

And go Rockets.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:50 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Oh c'mon those 2 probably deserved it. Ray Allen is classy. I hate it right now, but he is.
Old 05-11-2009, 02:53 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They just won an exciting game that tied up the series in Orlando. They were pumped. **** happens and to sit here and say the Celtics have no class is hilarious(Not specifically you D-unit just who ever said that). Paul Pierce and Ray Allen don't have class? It just seems to me no one complains about it until it happens to there team. If you guys were the winners and Fat man Gundy did that it wouldn't be such a big deal to you. You can say that you would be pissed or wouldn't like it blahblahblah. how about you just take the loss like men and worry about the next game instead of bitching about little things that don't matter.
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:53 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Yeah, let's get away from this class subject. It's pretty irrelevant even if true or not true.

I am pissed that this game was lost, but I'm not pissed at Boston for the way they won it. They have major clutch ability. They are mentally tough. The Magic are weak. They panic. They crumble in tight games and they crumble in blowout games. Even wtih 20+ pt leads, it's never safe with them. How does that get corrected? Better coaching? Personnel change?
I think it's personnel more then anything else. Our development as a team hinges on Dwight Howard, especially the development of Dwight's offensive game. Dwight needs to become either an elite post player or develop a consistent 10-15 foot jumper, one or the other. If one of those happens and he ups his free throws into the 60-70% range, the Magic will be hard to beat.

That said, it would be for the best if we had an elite wing guy. Courtney Lee might turn into that eventually--- I think he has all the tools to be a future All-Star, and I like what I've seen.

I'm not very hot on Turk any more--- I think he's taking away touches from both Shard and Lee/Pietrus. Give the ball to Jameer next year and let him reach the next level when it comes to being an all-around point.

Jameer - Lee -Pietrus - Shard - Howard. I've said it before and I'll say it again, unless we bring in a calibur FA that's the future.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:54 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Kobe's just mad he got in He Got Game over him.