Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-11-2009, 10:24 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish these days were back. Derek Fisher would have gotten a slap on the wrists and Rafer Alston would have gotten a sit down.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:32 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post

I wish these days were back. Derek Fisher would have gotten a slap on the wrists and Rafer Alston would have gotten a sit down.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:36 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ha, "He's sensational going right and only great going left."
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 11:01 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love my Mavs but they've yet to recover from that finals loss to the Heat.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 11:08 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I love my Mavs but they've yet to recover from that finals loss to the Heat.
I think it has a lot to do with coaching. I really like Rich Carlisle as a coach but Avery Johnson was the better choice for what they were wanting to do with that offense.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Avery coaching style was wearing thin with the team. They weren't even listening to him anymore.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:20 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

seriously....wtf....

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 11:35 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great play by Chauncey there
Old 05-11-2009, 11:36 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

DIRK! Sick shot.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:45 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

I think I just saw my cousin on TV.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:45 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pretty sure there wasn't a foul on that last play.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:49 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

No Sweep! Lets at least make it difficult for them.

Last edited by Paul : 05-11-2009 at 11:53 PM.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:52 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I do not see a Red Sox-Yankees thing here, but a very nice win for the Mavs.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:17 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really unfortunate miscall by the refs, otherwise this series would've been 2-2 going back to Denver.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 01:01 AM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really hope Marvin Williams is not with the Hawks next season. Mike Bibby can go too. This Hawks team is not going to ever win anything as is. In fact, I don't see any players on the Hawks roster that should be untouchable. They need to get a true front line superstar. Until then they will be no better than good.
Old 05-12-2009, 03:22 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Really unfortunate miscall by the refs, otherwise this series would've been 2-2 going back to Denver.
Argghhhh don't remind me! I'm just hoping we can steal one in Denver, cause I think we can win one more home game.

Brandon Bass was huge and I love when he plays the way he does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 03:30 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
The first thing I noticed about that clip is how skinny and wiry is, and how much bigger and stronger Lebron is. Not that teams still can't check him and rough him up, but he's really a monster when you look at what size MJ was.

Quote:
Old 05-12-2009, 09:05 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
And how is that? If the foul was called that was two shots for Anthony (which he would probably bury since he's shooting over 86% from the line in the series).

The game would have then gone to overtime where anything could've happened. Blown call by the refs? Yes, there was a lot of contact and you know Dallas was trying to foul. But then again, if you wrap up Melo and don't allow him to go up for a shot, it's a definite foul.

Still though, the fact that the refs have been at the forefront of the playoffs this year is not a good thing. How many games this year have come down to a blown call by the ref or how many events has there been a controversy over? Boston/Chicago Game 5, Denver/Dallas Game 3, Dwight's Elbow, Artest's ejection (and the no call on Kobe), Rondo throwing Hinrich into the table, Wade's flagrant foul...Just absolutely terrible calls that I would say aren't even arguable. I understand the refs have a tough job but at the same point, these are blown calls that cannot and should not happen, especially in the playoffs.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 09:08 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
The first thing I noticed about that clip is how skinny and wiry is, and how much bigger and stronger Lebron is. Not that teams still can't check him and rough him up, but he's really a monster when you look at what size MJ was.
Well that's why really no one has ever compared LeBron to Jordan but have done so with Vince and Kobe. Kobe like Jordan especially mid-late 90's Jordan which is the Jordan most people remember him by was a finesse player. He was crafty, posted people up, fadeaway jumper, pull up jumper above the lane. LeBron while an improved shooter his game is centric around overpowering people and getting to the lane. And I think we've all known by now that LeBron physically is a freak, but the only time people compare him to Jordan is when they want to say he's better than Jordan.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 09:15 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
That's really where my argument about LeBron is. No one can stop that man, he's a beast. Which is why I think he's severely underachieving what he's capable of (although it's hard to argue against going 8-0 to start the playoffs, but I would say that neither Detroit or Atlanta are much of a challenge for that team). Mike was abused by the opposition, as seen in the video. Yet he he still put up monster numbers despite the fact that teams like Detroit would not let him finish in the lane. If you tried to do that to LeBron in today's game, you would be given a flagrant foul. The game has changed, and I don't think it's for the better. Yes it's more open but give me the Bad Boys era all day long, that's when it was a "real mans sport." Now if you touch someone wrong they go up in arms about it.

I think it's pretty scary what Mike could have done in today's league since you wouldn't even be allowed to touch him. We could have seen him go for 40+ a game and I don't think that's going over the top. What's even more scary is if LeBron chooses to work on his game year in and year out, he could put up that type of stat line, I would even go as far to say he could go for 40, 10, and 10 a game sometime in his career. I realize those are some pretty ridiculous numbers, but LeBron has some pretty ridiculous potential that he's not even close to yet, and that is just frightening.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:18 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The sad thing is that now a days there are very few great defenders like Artest. Now a days people look at great defenders like people like Varejao because he can flop well. Defense has now become about taking silly charges than actually manning up. Consequently offensive players now go to the hoop with no real intention of scoring just getting a call. A modern day NBA player doesn't even really need to know how to shoot consistently. It's annoying and I'm saying this as a Wizards and Agent Zero fan who gets half of his points at the line by "drawing contact."

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 09:19 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Well that's why really no one has ever compared LeBron to Jordan but have done so with Vince and Kobe. Kobe like Jordan especially mid-late 90's Jordan which is the Jordan most people remember him by was a finesse player. He was crafty, posted people up, fadeaway jumper, pull up jumper above the lane. LeBron while an improved shooter his game is centric around overpowering people and getting to the lane. And I think we've all known by now that LeBron physically is a freak, but the only time people compare him to Jordan is when they want to say he's better than Jordan.
And with all due respect to anyone who likes LeBron as a player, saying he's better than Jordan is flat out false. There is no way in hell you can say he's better than a guy who put up the kind of numbers Jordan did (regular and post season), got 6 straight titles (possibly 8 had he not retired to try baseball), was the best perimeter defender in the league for much of his career, etc...Plus the fact that Mike came in and dominated from day one, he scored 28ppg his rookie season.

LeBron has the potential to be the greatest athlete in the history of any sport if he's willing to work at it but to say he's better than Jordan at this stage of his career is a pretty ignorant statement.

Quote:
Old 05-12-2009, 09:33 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

I guess if you're arguing that they are comparable if you measure them 6 years into their careers because Mike didn't have a title yet either then that's a little more respectable but then again LeBron hasn't had to go through the Bad Boys, Ewing at the Knicks, Reggie and the Pacers, or the Celtics of the 80's. The East for a while now has been a very, very weak conference. It's starting to look like it's getting better with the young talent but for a while there the East was a very bad conference.

Quote:
Old 05-12-2009, 11:07 AM    (permalink
Manic Depressant
Rookie

Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Mike was abused by the opposition, as seen in the video. Yet he he still put up monster numbers despite the fact that teams like Detroit would not let him finish in the lane. If you tried to do that to LeBron in today's game, you would be given a flagrant foul. The game has changed, and I don't think it's for the better. Yes it's more open but give me the Bad Boys era all day long, that's when it was a "real mans sport." Now if you touch someone wrong they go up in arms about it.

I think it's pretty scary what Mike could have done in today's league since you wouldn't even be allowed to touch him. We could have seen him go for 40+ a game and I don't think that's going over the top.
Jordan attempted 4070 free throws in his first 6 years in the NBA (not including his 2nd season when he was injured).

LeBron attempted 4144 free throws so far in his 6 year career.

Yes, Jordan's FTAs went down as he got older but that was more of a result of him driving less than anything else.
Manic Depressant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 11:15 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
And with all due respect to anyone who likes LeBron as a player, saying he's better than Jordan is flat out false. There is no way in hell you can say he's better than a guy who put up the kind of numbers Jordan did (regular and post season), got 6 straight titles (possibly 8 had he not retired to try baseball), was the best perimeter defender in the league for much of his career, etc...Plus the fact that Mike came in and dominated from day one, he scored 28ppg his rookie season.

LeBron has the potential to be the greatest athlete in the history of any sport if he's willing to work at it but to say he's better than Jordan at this stage of his career is a pretty ignorant statement.
I don't think anyone has said Lebron is better then MJ, that argument won't even begin to be made until Lebron wins a few rings, gets a few more MVP's, he's got a long long way to go, but as far as the pace that he's at I'd say he's progressing faster to be a better player at the end of his career.

If Lebron continues to get better, and doesn't miss a few years(like MJ did with retirement) then it's certainly not out of the question that he could start to surpass some of those marks(except 6 rings, I don't know about that)...As far as him getting better, he's only 24 and he probably won't be at his best until 27-30.

It's really hard to tell how much he will get better, it'll be something fun to watch over the years...One thing Lebron has learned well before MJ did was the art of getting his teammates involved in the game, granted MJ was a little different type of player as a SG and a scorer but he never was big on getting his teammates involved until he started winning championships.

Quote: