Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-12-2009, 11:22 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where do you guys think Shawn Marion ends up?

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 11:25 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the comparison began with someone saying that Lebron is dominating the playoffs right now more than Jordan ever did, which is false.

Like many said, comparing the two right now is premature unless it's comparing the first 6 years of their career. Even then, you have to factor in the competition of both, because Lebron's 6 years in the east have been pretty much a joke up until last year and most of this year, where as when Jordan played, the East dominated moreso than the West does today.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 11:30 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
And how is that? If the foul was called that was two shots for Anthony (which he would probably bury since he's shooting over 86% from the line in the series).
Except that it wasn't a shooting foul and the Mavs had 1 foul left to give. So they would've had to inbounds the ball again with less time on the clock to set something up which would've been much more difficult for the Nuggets to score.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 11:31 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Maybe Toronto where Coangelo is. Otherwise probably the Clippers (no man's land).
Old 05-12-2009, 11:35 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Anywhere but the Bulls pls. We already have his younger clone, thx.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:14 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Maybe Toronto where Coangelo is. Otherwise probably the Clippers (no man's land).
He already hates it in Toronto. I'd be surprised. I guess no one really has money though, and certainly doesn't have the kind of money he's asking for. Maybe he'll sign a one year deal with New York. There just isn't any team that's going to consider him a star, so maybe a title contender will snatch him up, like San Antonio or maybe even Orlando if they decide not to keep Hedo.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:29 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Except that it wasn't a shooting foul and the Mavs had 1 foul left to give. So they would've had to inbounds the ball again with less time on the clock to set something up which would've been much more difficult for the Nuggets to score.
So if you have a foul to give, why not just grab the guy? We all know the refs suck and are pretty much blind, so if you're going to foul him, make sure he doesn't get by you to get a shot off.

And two straight games Melo has nailed a 3 pointer with the clock winding down, so it's not a guarantee that the game is over.

The refs are to blame for not making the call, it was a foul. But if you're Wright how do you even let him get shot off?

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 12:31 PM    (permalink
Manic Depressant
Rookie

Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.

I love when people try to blame one miscall on why a team lost...
Manic Depressant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Manic Depressant
Rookie

Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
INDIANAPOLIS -- Indiana Pacers forward Danny Granger is the NBA's Most Improved Player, winning the award after averaging a career-best 25.8 points a game this season.

Granger accepted the award Tuesday during a ceremony at Conseco Fieldhouse. He edged New Jersey Nets guard Devin Harris in voting (364 to 339) from a panel of 121 journalists.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4161081
Old 05-12-2009, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Manic Depressant
Rookie

Quote:
WALTHAM, Mass. -- Boston Celtics forward Glen Davis apologized Tuesday for bumping a 12-year-old boy while celebrating his game-winning shot against the Orlando Magic.

"If I've hurt anybody or if I've done any harm to anybody, please forgive me because my intentions were just harmless," he said.

The boy's father wrote the NBA office demanding an apology.

Ernest Provetti, who identified the boy as his son, Nicholas, said Davis had "no regard for fans' personal safety."
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playof...ory?id=4161194
Old 05-12-2009, 12:45 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I don't think anyone has said Lebron is better then MJ, that argument won't even begin to be made until Lebron wins a few rings, gets a few more MVP's, he's got a long long way to go, but as far as the pace that he's at I'd say he's progressing faster to be a better player at the end of his career.

If Lebron continues to get better, and doesn't miss a few years(like MJ did with retirement) then it's certainly not out of the question that he could start to surpass some of those marks(except 6 rings, I don't know about that)...As far as him getting better, he's only 24 and he probably won't be at his best until 27-30.

It's really hard to tell how much he will get better, it'll be something fun to watch over the years...One thing Lebron has learned well before MJ did was the art of getting his teammates involved in the game, granted MJ was a little different type of player as a SG and a scorer but he never was big on getting his teammates involved until he started winning championships.
We'll see what LeBron can do once he loses the athleticism. Mike lost his (although he still was a pretty damn good athlete later in his career) and became a jump shooter.

And one more thing, you talk about progressing. Mike came in from day 1 and put up monster numbers. If not for his 2nd season his stats would be even better. Mike was arguably the best player in the game from the moment he stepped in the league. His ability to sustain elite play for as long as he did was pretty incredible.

Michael was a scorer turned playmaker. LeBron is a 1, 2, 3, and a 4 (if he ever develops a post game that will be scary). He's a much more natural distributor than Mike was. And you are correct, Mike was pissed off at Phil when he took over for Collins because he didn't trust his teammates very much. Once he started to listen to Phil the team became the dynasty. It also helped that he had some guys by him to help out (those 91-93 teams were really ******* good, 96-98 was more MJ IMO).

If there is one guy who can surpass Mike, it's LeBron if he's willing to put in the work, and that's where I have my doubts.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:46 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The boy just got a little love tap, itll toughen him up a little.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 12:48 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic Depressant View Post
I love when people try to blame one miscall on why a team lost...
I can see where they are coming from though. NBA games usually go back and forth throughout the game, it's the team that makes the most plays I'd say within the last 3-4 minutes that wins. And the ref did blow the call, but at the same point Wright could have fouled a lot better than he did.

Still though there was a ref right by the play, you cannot miss that call. But it's becoming a habit for these guys to miss blatant calls.

It's like our game with Boston. We had chances to close them out and a call at the end of the game that went against us prevented us from winning. It's hard to blame the loss solely on the refs but you know that they had a hand in what happened and blew an obvious call.

Quote:
Old 05-12-2009, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Manic Depressant
Rookie

Quote:
I can see where they are coming from though. NBA games usually go back and forth throughout the game, it's the team that makes the most plays I'd say within the last 3-4 minutes that wins. And the ref did blow the call, but at the same point Wright could have fouled a lot better than he did.

Still though there was a ref right by the play, you cannot miss that call. But it's becoming a habit for these guys to miss blatant calls.

It's like our game with Boston. We had chances to close them out and a call at the end of the game that went against us prevented us from winning. It's hard to blame the loss solely on the refs but you know that they had a hand in what happened and blew an obvious call.
I'm sure that there weren't any other miscalls throughout that game that effected the outcome...
Old 05-12-2009, 01:09 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
So if you have a foul to give, why not just grab the guy? We all know the refs suck and are pretty much blind, so if you're going to foul him, make sure he doesn't get by you to get a shot off.

And two straight games Melo has nailed a 3 pointer with the clock winding down, so it's not a guarantee that the game is over.

The refs are to blame for not making the call, it was a foul. But if you're Wright how do you even let him get shot off?
A foul is a foul though, right? The refs were calling fouls all game long like they were running out of style. Then when they try to foul on purpose, they can't get one? LOL.

But ok, if you wanna argue that there still would've been a 1 in 1 thousandth chance that the Nuggets still would've won, I'll give you that. I'm ok with being right 999 out of1000 times. ;)

Just another black eye over these playoffs.

Looking forward to tonights game. Hopefully Boston doesn't blow them away like in Game 2.
Old 05-12-2009, 01:15 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

I love how people can be ignorant of the fact that a blown call in the winding seconds of a game can affect the reason why a team lost.
Old 05-12-2009, 01:17 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I'm sure that there weren't any other miscalls throughout that game that effected the outcome...
Oh so a miscall earlier in the game justifies one in the end? Ah, your logic is so sound.
Old 05-12-2009, 01:19 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Oh so a miscall earlier in the game justifies one in the end? Ah, your logic is so sound.
edit...nevermind, I guess you realized it.

Last edited by iowatreat54 : 05-12-2009 at 01:24 PM.
Old 05-12-2009, 01:25 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Just think if Granger got to the line more. He already averages 25 a game.

His last few games he was getting there a lot and averaging over 30 per. He's a beast. You'd just like to see him get to the stripe more. He's certainly capable, he's shown that but he's not very consistant at getting there.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 05-12-2009 at 01:28 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 01:26 PM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/basket...tory?track=rss

The Knicks, if they aren't in the lottery, supposedly promised Stephen Curry they'd draft him.

Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
LOL props to Paul
CroomDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 01:27 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Good, the Knicks need a scoring guard.......
Old 05-12-2009, 01:31 PM    (permalink
Manic Depressant
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Just think if Granger got to the line more. He already averages 25 a game.

His last few games he was getting there a lot and averaging over 30 per. He's a beast. You'd just like to see him get to the stripe more. He's certainly capable, he's shown that but he's not very consistant at getting there.
Granger turns into a jump shooter sometimes which explains his inconsistency in getting to the line. I think he'll continue to improve on that as he realizes elite players don't live and die by the jumper.
Old 05-12-2009, 01:32 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroomDawgs View Post
http://www.newsday.com/sports/basket...tory?track=rss

The Knicks, if they aren't in the lottery, supposedly promised Stephen Curry they'd draft him.
Say hello to D'Antoni's new version of Leandro Barbosa.
Old 05-12-2009, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Manic Depressant
Rookie

Quote:
Where did I say it justifies it? It's just pointless to look at one call as the reason a team lost. They could have had 5 extra possessions earlier in the game because of blown calls and then lost one possession because of a blown call at the end of the game. You need to take a bigger picture look instead of just focusing on one play.

It's the reason I try to stay away from blaming anything on officials. Yes, it's frustrating when the team you cheer for is penalized at no fault of their own. That said, the calls tend to even out over the course of a series or game so it's better just to look at things the teams can control.

We look at refs like they should be these infallible robots. They're going to make mistakes from time to time. Instead of dwelling on it and letting it tarnish a good game, just accept it because it does tend to even out over the long-run.

That's my opinion on it anyway.
Old 05-12-2009, 01:48 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Where did I say it justifies it? It's just pointless to look at one call as the reason a team lost. They could have had 5 extra possessions earlier in the game because of blown calls and then lost one possession because of a blown call at the end of the game. You need to take a bigger picture look instead of just focusing on one play.

It's the reason I try to stay away from blaming anything on officials. Yes, it's frustrating when the team you cheer for is penalized at no fault of their own. That said, the calls tend to even out over the course of a series or game so it's better just to look at things the teams can control.

We look at refs like they should be these infallible robots. They're going to make mistakes from time to time. Instead of dwelling on it and letting it tarnish a good game, just accept it because it does tend to even out over the long-run.

That's my opinion on it anyway.
Who said anything about Dallas being "my team"? I'd even say the calls against Kenyon Martin on Dirk at the end of yesterday's game were jokes.

I didn't even bring up the clear goaltend Rondo rebounded off the backboard that could've sealed the win for Orlando in Game 4. How the heck does the ball hit the backboard, get rebounded before it touches the rim and a goaltend not get called? Sigh.

I get that miscalls happen through out the game and that's all apart of the game. But the significance of a blown call at the END OF THE GAME is most certainly subject to criticism. The inconsistency by the refs throughout has been criticized by owners, coaches and players. Surely, the fans can jump in this and have a say as well. What's going on is simply criminal.