Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-12-2009, 06:02 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Magic fans... what do you think about pursuing Kyle Korver in the offseason? He's an UFA. I think he could be one of those under the radar affordable players. He fits what we do. It a better shooter and player than Redick.

Definitely not the put us over the top kind of guy, but a good role player, imo.
Not a bad backup, who could play two positions for you. I wouldnt hate it.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 06:19 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
hmm, that's awful news. ESPN said Lee was starting earlier, must have had it wrong. I want Lee playing close to 40 minutes.

Well, now I dont like our chances as much. Our team is missing Lee's offense. he should be starting, Redick hasnt done anything the last two games and he is lucky that Allen was missing wide open shots.
Well, I just saw it posted off of the Orlando Sentinel blog... and another Magic Blog I looked at had JJ in the starting lineup.

I'm sure it doesn't really matter if JJ starts. He's been fine in the first quarter, he just doesn't seem as good later on.

I guess we'll find out in about an hour who is starting, haha.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 06:21 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
Well, I just saw it posted off of the Orlando Sentinel blog... and another Magic Blog I looked at had JJ in the starting lineup.

I'm sure it doesn't really matter if JJ starts. He's been fine in the first quarter, he just doesn't seem as good later on.

I guess we'll find out in about an hour who is starting, haha.
Oh i know, I looked it up after you posted that. ESPN had it wrong earlier, I guess.

As for Redick...I have no problem with him getting minutes but, he shouldnt be playing more or the same amount as Lee. We are a lot better with Lee out there and he has shown no ill effects of the injury. Lee was playing more minutes than anyone else on the team, prior to getting injured. He needs to be out there.

As for Redick in the 1st quarter...I dont even know where Stan is getting that from, he has been way off the last two games. He's also 2-12 shooting total in the last two. I'm not a big fan of this plan.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 05-12-2009, 06:50 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Redick isn't hitting 3s he's completely useless.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 07:12 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Why would you have doubts there? What gives you the impression that Lebron doesn't want to, or won't work to constantly improve? The way he improved his overall defense, 3 pt shooting, FT's, and overall game in just a year should say alot about the type of work ethic he has.

Still like I said it's not just all about stats, Lebron would have to lead his team to win multiple rings, that's what makes you great, and right now it's hard to see Lebron winning as many MVP's and Finals as Jordan won...Lots of things would have to go his way for that to happen.

Anyways I'm ready for a great night of basketball :D
Because it took him til this offseason to work hard on his game (after he saw how hard Kobe worked he followed suit). It took him this long to become an elite defender (his size along makes him an elite defender).

Michael had work ethic from day 1, I have my doubts in that area about LeBron.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 07:13 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Rafer just finish at the hoop. seriously.

He gets there no problem but he is such a below average finisher. He just flat out sucks laying that ball up.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 05-12-2009, 07:14 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First one to 60 points wins.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 05-12-2009, 07:27 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

There ya go Redick.

Great quarter for Hedo and Rashard....Dwight is getting embarrassed.

edit...atleast he's rebounding like a mad man, though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 05-12-2009, 07:28 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Dwight's post game is really, really ugly. But man he's got a **** load of potential still.

Quote:
Old 05-12-2009, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm really tired of looking at Scalabrine.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 07:36 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Because it took him til this offseason to work hard on his game (after he saw how hard Kobe worked he followed suit). It took him this long to become an elite defender (his size along makes him an elite defender).

Michael had work ethic from day 1, I have my doubts in that area about LeBron.
Maybe, but I find it hard to believe he was as good as he was since he's been a rookie without "working hard on his game", that's alot to assume considering he was still one the top players in the league for the last few years now already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 07:55 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Maybe, but I find it hard to believe he was as good as he was since he's been a rookie without "working hard on his game", that's alot to assume considering he was still one the top players in the league for the last few years now already.
I'm not saying he was lazy or anything. But the work ethic early in his career was definitely not what it is now. Chalk it up to maturity or whatever but again I have doubts that LeBron wants to be as good as he can be.

He was an average defender until this year, then all of the sudden he becomes "one of the best in the game" (which I still think is ********). That is due to committing to that side of the ball. LeBron should be dominating on defense, he's a physical mismatch for anyone he guards.

Maybe it's just me but I question his drive. LeBron is a very, very good player right now and he has progressed nicely so far, but if he's willing to work like he did this off season it could be quite scary in a year or two what he becomes.

Quote:
Old 05-12-2009, 07:57 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he definitely has the work ethic just judging by how his game has progressed. I just don't think he has the same drive, him looking to be the first billionaire while MJ was looking to take over the league.
Old 05-12-2009, 07:59 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

How the hell does a foul get called on that? When Pierce has an arm wrapped around Pietrus? ugh.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 05-12-2009, 08:00 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
I think he definitely has the work ethic just judging by how his game has progressed. I just don't think he has the same drive, him looking to be the first billionaire while MJ was looking to take over the league.
MJ was trying to take over the gambling world in the early 90's as well.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 08:01 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

If MJ wasnt such an amazing athlete, he'd be in the poor house with his insane gambling habits.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 05-12-2009, 08:03 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
MJ was trying to take over the gambling world in the early 90's as well.
Hey, he had to lose somewhere.
Old 05-12-2009, 08:07 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hey, he had to lose somewhere.
Too bad it got his dad aced, he wasn't the only one who lost.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 08:10 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
That's a good point. Drive is probably the word I was looking for. LeBron has worked on his game up to this point, you can see from his shot, his defense, etc that he has. His "want" to be the best is where I'm on the fence with him.

Quote:
Old 05-12-2009, 08:11 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Magic fans... what do you think about pursuing Kyle Korver in the offseason? He's an UFA. I think he could be one of those under the radar affordable players. He fits what we do. It a better shooter and player than Redick.

Definitely not the put us over the top kind of guy, but a good role player, imo.
He probably wouldn't miss as many wide open 3's as Pietrus and JJ do.

I'd dig it.
Old 05-12-2009, 08:18 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If Redick isn't hitting 3s he's completely useless.
Sounds exactly like Sasha. I ******* hate Sasha so much.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 08:24 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Redick, what the hell?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 05-12-2009, 08:26 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Sounds exactly like Sasha. I ******* hate Sasha so much.
How could we have predicted that Sasha would stop giving a **** after he finally got paid? God. He better hit some big buckets tonight.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 08:29 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Outside of rebounding Howard is playing like an idiot. He hasnt taken a good shot all night.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 05-12-2009, 08:32 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Outside of rebounding Howard is playing like an idiot. He hasnt taken a good shot all night.
He also should have been to the line 2 times already this quarter, but the refs are making it clear that Boston will be getting the calls for the time being.

Starting with the non-foul that put Pierce on the line to start the quarter.

Hedo also wasting a possession early.

Edit: Shard is stepping up again though. earnin that moneyzz