Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-12-2009, 11:09 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
Speaking of KG, I forgot to ask during the game, but what's that taunt he does where he does the "legs" walking on his hand? I never got that, but he's done it a few times.
Just him being a prick.

Probably something along the lines of "we're running on you" or "run home"
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 11:10 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
That's still on him, though. What good is he as the teams coach if they aren't paying any attention to him?

I can see them giving SVG another year though, if they can count on Jameer Nelson successfully returning from his injury. Who knows how they'd be doing in the Playoffs if they had Nelson running the show.

Of course, this all goes out the door if Billy Donovan wants the coaching spot.
We're lucky we didn't get Donovan. He can't even make the tournament now that he doesn't have 4 NBA players on his team.
Old 05-12-2009, 11:12 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
Bring Sheed to Orlando. Perfect fit. He's friends with Howard, he can help develop his post game, he'll play tough for a contender, he can shoot 3's, he's used to playing for a defensive minded team.

Someone tell me how this isn't the perfect FA fit?
Sheed is garbage. He's lazy, and "post game" should not be used in relation to Rasheed Wallace unless you're talking about how he completely ignores that part of the game.
Old 05-12-2009, 11:13 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Just him being a prick.

Probably something along the lines of "we're running on you" or "run home"
You would love him if he was on your team, that should tell you what he's doing isn't even that bad, it just always pisses other people off and that's the point of him doing it...Same reason you love TO and everyone hated him, those antics are funny and cool whenever it's a player from your team no matter what.

It's not that bad to me, I like seeing he is the same on the bench as the games, and if he can get into people's heads then he needs to keep doing it...At least he's still into what's going on and not trying be pretty in a suit on the sideline on his blackberry all game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 11:15 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sheed is garbage. He's lazy, and "post game" should not be used in relation to Rasheed Wallace unless you're talking about how he completely ignores that part of the game.
Sheed could have been a perennial all-star if he was motivated. He's a little old now, but he should still be a very effective player with his skillset and experience. But instead, he doesn't want to try. Would he try more on a legit contender like Orlando? Maybe. But I don't know if, after a few screaming meltdowns, he'd be able to listen to SVG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 11:16 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
You would love him if he was on your team, that should tell you what he's doing isn't even that bad, it just always pisses other people off and that's the point of him doing it...Same reason you love TO and everyone hated him, those antics are funny and cool whenever it's a player from your team no matter what.

It's not that bad to me, I like seeing he is the same on the bench as the games, and if he can get into people's heads then he needs to keep doing it...At least he's still into what's going on and not trying be pretty in a suit on the sideline on his blackberry all game.
I definitely would not love KG. I've always hated him.

He's an over hyped piece of ****. KG is barely HOF worthy. Take away the chest beating and so called "intensity" and give the same accomplishments to some regular guy and he's probably not even going to make the HOF.

I hate guys who taunt and act like bitches. There has only been 1 prick I've ever liked in any sport and it's T.O.

I don't know why I like T.O. because I hate everyone else that resembles that type of player, but he is the only guy I like.
Old 05-12-2009, 11:16 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It would piss me off if KG just sat there doing nothing all game. I like when a guy can bring all that emotion and passion to a game he isn't even playing in.
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 11:19 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
He's got a post game similar to Shard. Maybe over the past 2 years his skills have diminished, but trust me. I'll never forget the ways Sheed abused Howard in the post in his early years.

I think he needs a change of scenery. I'm not disputing that he's down to his final 2 or 3 years before retirement, but put him on Orlando and I think he can help Dwight a lot with his touch.

I wasn't referring to footwork as much as I was touch in the post. Sheed has great touch.

I understand why you don't like him though. He basically gave up this year.
Old 05-12-2009, 11:20 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lakers are ******** on the Rockets
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
Old 05-12-2009, 11:21 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I definitely would not love KG. I've always hated him.

He's an over hyped piece of ****. KG is barely HOF worthy. Take away the chest beating and so called "intensity" and give the same accomplishments to some regular guy and he's probably not even going to make the HOF.

I hate guys who taunt and act like bitches. There has only been 1 prick I've ever liked in any sport and it's T.O.

I don't know why I like T.O. because I hate everyone else that resembles that type of player, but he is the only guy I like.
I think someones mad again that they lots

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 11:21 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
It would piss me off if KG just sat there doing nothing all game. I like when a guy can bring all that emotion and passion to a game he isn't even playing in.
Difference between passion and taunting.

Where was that passion when they were losing?

I mean honestly, that should tell you all you need to know. He sat quietly, wasn't ever standing up until the final 3 minutes, then he gets up and starts yelling and gesturing **** at SVG.

If that's your idea of passion and emotion than ok. To me, that's just him being a front running prick.
Old 05-12-2009, 11:24 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we're done but, I atleast want SVG to start Lee next game. Allen struggling should not be confused with Redick playing well on defense. Allen has been terrible, missing on open looks. He even looks tired but, Redick is giving him so many chances. He's just been lucky. And what has Redick done starting for us in the last three games on offense...Oh i dont know, only gone 3-18 from the field. Courtney played 12 freaking minutes. Inexcusable. He should be up near 40 every game in this series. SVG dropped the ball here...this killed us late more than anything when Redick was falling all over himself on defense. Could have pulled it off if he didnt have JJ in there late.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The magic gameplan

Play good---get a lead---miss free throws---????----end of the game

If they could fix missing free throws and figure out the ???? they could definately beat the celtics.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to know how KG is barely hall of fame worthy. Cause thats complete BS.

Old 05-12-2009, 11:25 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
I think someones mad again that they lots
I think averaging 20 and 11 over your career, while being the focal point and number 1 option on a bad team and not earning a championship until being put on a super stack team is indicative of someone who is NOT hof worthy.

not to mention KG chokes in the 4th quarter and has taken maybe 1 or 2 big shots in his life. Other than that he defers.

Take away the chest beating and he's just another guy.
Old 05-12-2009, 11:26 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I want to know how KG is barely hall of fame worthy. Cause thats complete BS.
see above post.

Edit: feel free to tell me why he is.

Does screaming and chest beating count as credentials in your definition?

Last edited by Burns336 : 05-12-2009 at 11:28 PM.
Old 05-12-2009, 11:29 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

So just because he was on a super stacked team means that championship doesnt count? A super stacked team where he was the defensive MVP?

Old 05-12-2009, 11:29 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the decider13 View Post
The magic gameplan

Play good---get a lead---miss free throws---????----end of the game

If they could fix missing free throws and figure out the ???? they could definately beat the celtics.
More like...play well (control the game) --- sustain lead for three quarters --- sit on lead/try to run clock out --- get nervous --- stay nervous --- throw up bad shots --- get even more nervous --- turn ball over --- miss last second shot --- end/repeat.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 11:32 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

Hey burns thanks for the +rep genius.

Old 05-12-2009, 11:33 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
So just because he was on a super stacked team means that championship doesnt count? A super stacked team where he was the defensive MVP?
Defensive MVP on a team filled with offensive minded players, oh man, how did he do thatzzz???

Yes, when you need to be combined with 2 other players to win a championship, you're not all that. Especially when you can only win 1.

Give him Tim Duncan's personality and he's an after thought.

In fact, speaking of Duncan, a true HOF worthy PF.

The NBA has really loose standards though. No where close to the NFL. On second though, KG probably is a HOF due to others who have made it in, he def. is not an all time great though.
Old 05-12-2009, 11:33 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Hey burns thanks for the +rep genius.
did it on purpose dough boy, just like last time. I figured it would make you feel better when you wake up and realize that extra 30 lbs. is still there.
Old 05-12-2009, 11:35 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I think averaging 20 and 11 over your career, while being the focal point and number 1 option on a bad team and not earning a championship until being put on a super stack team is indicative of someone who is NOT hof worthy.

not to mention KG chokes in the 4th quarter and has taken maybe 1 or 2 big shots in his life. Other than that he defers.

Take away the chest beating and he's just another guy.
WE GOT THEM GOING DOWN FOR THE COUNT LOOKING AT THE GROUND..THATS WHY WE GOT HATERS THATS WHY WE GOT HATERS...HATERS EVERY WHERE WE GO HATERS EVERYWHERE WE GO!!!!!!!!

John Wall
Old 05-12-2009, 11:35 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

Quote:
did it on purpose dough boy, just like last time. I figured it would make you feel better when you wake up and realize that extra 30 lbs. is still there.
sure thing

Old 05-12-2009, 11:38 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

KG averages one point and rebound less than Duncan for his career, one more assist. He won a championship when he got on a team committed to doing so. Tim Duncan played a big role in San Antonio's championships, but he was not alone.

Duncan is better, but saying KG isn't a Hall of Famer is foolish.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 11:39 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am absolutely disgusted by our lack of ability to close out games and the decision-making we showed at the end of that game.

It's just sickening. No excuse for that one, and absolutely NO REASON we should have lost that game. Just disgusting!

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote