Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-13-2009, 12:14 AM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Hmm, touche. I didn't take that into account.

Honestly, Wilt was great, but I just personally don't like him as a player.
That's what's so amazing about the center position. You could throw the 5 guys(Shaq, Wilt, Russell, Hakeem, Kareem) into a hat, pull them out, submit them as your rankings and it would be tough for anyone to call you a moron if you justified them properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 12:15 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Well now, I just saw... SVG's press conference. He's now blaming the players. What a douche. Saying the players didn't score. Saying, he didn't want to slow down the pace, but that's what the players did.

Wow. SVG you just showed that you have no control over this team and that you will place blame on them. Shaq called it... said SVG was a master panicker and would let down his team in the playoffs.
Nice. I'm glad to see this team decided to give up before the series was over, haha.

Well, some interesting building blocks going into next year. Both Centers have now called out SVG, you can only assume that the rest of the players feel the same.

Not good, not good at all.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 12:16 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
I still don't understand what the crab dribble actually is. I've watched numerous video clips and dont see it.
My coach played for UT Austin in the 50's and coached basketball for 30+ years, and he taught us that the "crab hop/dribble" was used as a post move. As you rebound, you're always taught to keep your arms and the ball as high as possible, but sometimes you NEED to dribble (to prevent a travel, to get better position, etc) and then you'd bring your hands and the ball as low as possible, dribble once, pivot and spin, and that would be a crab dribble. What Lebron does is more of a jumpstop that never gets called as a travel, which it should, because he pivots off one foot, then leaves that foot to jump off the other.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:22 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Rockets were just not hitting tonight. Let's close it out Lake Show.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 12:27 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Nice. I'm glad to see this team decided to give up before the series was over, haha.

Well, some interesting building blocks going into next year. Both Centers have now called out SVG, you can only assume that the rest of the players feel the same.

Not good, not good at all.
Check this out. I know I'm not the only one not blind enough to notice this, but SVG ALWAYS points the finger at the other guy after the finger is pointed in his direction.

Did it with Shaq...

Did it with the Sixers coach, when he said Dwight camps out in the post, SVG said, what are these post game conferences? A place to stat what calls we want in the next game?

...and just did it today, placing blame back on the players after Dwight called him out.

These are just examples off the top of my head too.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 12:28 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boom goes the dynamite, finally the Lakers realize they are in the playoffs.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 12:29 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
The Rockets were just not hitting tonight. Let's close it out Lake Show.
There just isnt much the Rockets can do now. When the Rockets did well without Yao and TMac last year they had Dikembe to keep the size in the center and he is still great at blocking shots and getting rebounds. With him out they are stuck with Hays getting rebounds and that is just asking for 2 and 3 opportunites for the Lakers. The Rockets won the last game since I think the Lakers were planning on running all over them when the news came out that Yao would not play.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:31 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also Burnsy why are you not a fan of the Booooolts?
Old 05-13-2009, 12:32 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Boom goes the dynamite, finally the Lakers realize they are in the playoffs.
QFT.. I've been waiting for a game like this.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 12:35 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stan Van Gundy, "I don't know why we were playing that way."

HELLOOOOO?????? YOU ARE THE F'N COACH!!!!! DO SOMETHING!
Old 05-13-2009, 12:37 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Magic should hire Tom Thibodeau.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:41 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

BOOM! SVG IS JUST FLAT OUT LYING NOW.

Redick confirms what Dwight said earlier about SVG asking to slow down the pace. SVG denied it in his press conference, but he looks like a fat ugly liar now.

"We were kind of just playing stall-ball and you can't do that," shooting guard J.J. Redick said. "Stan talked about us just wanting to run the clock out instead of going and taking it."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sport...,3180023.story
Old 05-13-2009, 12:46 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:

Redick confirms what Dwight said earlier about SVG asking to slow down the pace. SVG denied it in his press conference, but he looks like a fat ugly liar now.

"We were kind of just playing stall-ball and you can't do that," shooting guard J.J. Redick said. "Stan talked about us just wanting to run the clock out instead of going and taking it."

MartyBBall.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:10 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

I just can't get over it. SVG took the blame for Game 4 (not totally, since he said guys missed wide open shots and kept missing, but still he kinda said it cause he took the blame for the last play). But today, he totally goes off on the players.

On slowing down the tempo... "That's not the way we wanted to play. But that's the way we decided to play". To me that says he denies saying it and that the players ignored him.

More blame on players... "Our offense couldn't score. Rashard missed shots."

Cut this guys ass Otis.
Old 05-13-2009, 02:07 AM    (permalink
Donno
Veteran

Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I miss Rick Adelman in Sacramento
Old 05-13-2009, 02:31 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Also Burnsy why are you not a fan of the Booooolts?
Just never got into the Bolts man, or the Pads for that matter.

Call me one of those weirdos that hates the home town teams.

I always wanted my own teams. I picked some teams in the early 90's (born in '85) that I thought had potential to knock off the current big dogs in the sports (49ers, Bulls) and I also wanted to be different from my friends I guess, so I ended up with the 'Boys and the Magic.

I just like having my own stuff to root for I guess... Hard to explain.
Old 05-13-2009, 02:32 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I just can't get over it. SVG took the blame for Game 4 (not totally, since he said guys missed wide open shots and kept missing, but still he kinda said it cause he took the blame for the last play). But today, he totally goes off on the players.

On slowing down the tempo... "That's not the way we wanted to play. But that's the way we decided to play". To me that says he denies saying it and that the players ignored him.

More blame on players... "Our offense couldn't score. Rashard missed shots."

Cut this guys ass Otis.
I've been a huge SVG apologist/defender/whatever but this is getting to me too...
Old 05-13-2009, 03:11 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I've been a huge SVG apologist/defender/whatever but this is getting to me too...
I know why you feel that way. . . .

It's because we've had way worse. :P

If this is the way the playoffs end in this kind of chaotic situation, I really think that will be unfortunate.

Otis Smith is loyal to a fault though. He won't let SVG go. No way do I see that. He'll trade Dwight Howard before he fires SVG.
Old 05-13-2009, 03:41 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You're like the only one out there siding with Dwight. Might want to go take a gander at the Orlando Magic forums. Dwight was the one that came off as bad. Dwight called out the entire coaching staff and said he needed the ball more. Which is idiotic considering he's been terrible against Perkins.

As Schmitz said, he's been throwing up grenades all series long...and he wants the ball late in the 4th quarter? Pleeeeeeeease.

If anything comes of this...on say the ESPN shows or whatever. I'd expect plenty of Howard bashing because, he showed his immaturity during that presser.

And during SVGs press conference he said he wanted to continue to push the tempo all 4th quarter but the players didnt repsond...Like they either wanted to run the clock out or were fatigued. "We just quit playing", he said.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 05-13-2009 at 03:56 AM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 03:44 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

You took that out of context. He was confirming what Stan said in his press conference.

Stan obviously didnt want to slow the pace down when he was motioning to Rafer to go! go! go!, every time we inbounded in the 4th quarter.

Maybe he's losing them but, he had the right idea but, the team didnt execute. SVG is certainly to blame for not getting Lee minutes and leaving in Redick late but, the players also have to be very much at fault. They played extremely nervous. They get shaken easily. Never a problem in the regular season but, it seems as though the added pressures of the post season have got to them.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 05-13-2009 at 03:59 AM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 07:23 AM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

SVG had better watch his step because I doubt that Otis Smith would take his side over Superman's....who would?

If Orlando loses game six and SVG and Howard continue this little debate, SVG could be joining his brother with a mic on his head....

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 08:37 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't believe that Magic/Celtics game. I turned the game off when Orlando went up by ten or so to get ready to watch the Wings. Then I turn on SportsCenter this morning and I find out Boston won.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 09:27 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Just never got into the Bolts man, or the Pads for that matter.

Call me one of those weirdos that hates the home town teams.

I always wanted my own teams. I picked some teams in the early 90's (born in '85) that I thought had potential to knock off the current big dogs in the sports (49ers, Bulls) and I also wanted to be different from my friends I guess, so I ended up with the 'Boys and the Magic.

I just like having my own stuff to root for I guess... Hard to explain.
Ah it's all good that's not a bad explanation anyway.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:06 AM    (permalink
Manic Depressant
Rookie

Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
So you think I'm insecure about my looks, chubby checkers?

Here's me with my girl, the same type you have to beat off about cuz you'll never touch the real thing... At least not for free hhahahaa
Wow...this is just...pathetic.
Manic Depressant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 10:14 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
mmmm yeah, I guess, but stack Barkely on a team with 2 other HOFers and what happens?
You mean when Barkley was on the Rockets with Pippen and Olajuwon?

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote