Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 11-18-2007, 10:23 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Packers-Lions, Week 12

Only 4 days until our next game so let's get it started
Old 11-18-2007, 10:30 PM    (permalink
wiscbadgerfootball
Pro Bowler

wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wooo Go Pack! Super Bowl Bound

Favre4MVP

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests
wiscbadgerfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 10:49 PM    (permalink
Favre4ever
Rookie

Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.

I hope that Grant is ok and we will see what Rouse can do against a pass first offense.
Favre4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 10:56 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Lions are struggling but they always seem to find a way to play well on Thanksgiving against the Packers. The passing game has to continue to dominate, especially if Grant's ankle isn't doing so well. As far as things go defensively, we know that Harris and Woodson will be tough on the Johnsons but how will Jarrett Bush play against Mike Furrey. If he can play well enough I like our chances on stopping them.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 11:13 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
The Lions are struggling but they always seem to find a way to play well on Thanksgiving against the Packers. The passing game has to continue to dominate, especially if Grant's ankle isn't doing so well. As far as things go defensively, we know that Harris and Woodson will be tough on the Johnsons but how will Jarrett Bush play against Mike Furrey. If he can play well enough I like our chances on stopping them.
Doesn't Furrey play the slot? Bush will be on Johnson most likely.
Old 11-18-2007, 11:15 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think grant is fine, he said in a report on the packers website that he can jump and land on his ankle, so he should be okay. Its nice that the Lions have lost the last two, but the Packers better come out to play. I hope the Packers blitz a little more, I think they got a little complacent at the end of the game against the Panters, but thats okay they didnt waste all their energy. Why dont the Packers try a different cornerback in Nickel situations because I also am concerned about Jarret Bush's play. Give Tramon Williams a try.

Last edited by bigboiajhawk : 11-18-2007 at 11:17 PM.
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 12:08 AM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboiajhawk View Post
I think grant is fine, he said in a report on the packers website that he can jump and land on his ankle, so he should be okay. Its nice that the Lions have lost the last two, but the Packers better come out to play. I hope the Packers blitz a little more, I think they got a little complacent at the end of the game against the Panters, but thats okay they didnt waste all their energy. Why dont the Packers try a different cornerback in Nickel situations because I also am concerned about Jarret Bush's play. Give Tramon Williams a try.
Neat little fact.. if we win.. all we need is either one win or one lion's loss to clinch the division.

Suhweet?

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 12:14 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
Neat little fact.. if we win.. all we need is either one win or one lion's loss to clinch the division.

Suhweet?
Not true, we could still end up with the same record and have it come to tiebreakers. Two more Packer wins and two more Lions losses or four more Packers wins clinches it.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:55 AM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboiajhawk View Post
Bush has actually looked pretty good the past few weeks.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 10:20 AM    (permalink
Favre4ever
Rookie

Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
Thats true. Whats good bout him is that he has really good speed and hes physical. One problem; he lacks experience and he gets beat most of the time bcause of it.
Favre4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 12:14 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Not true, we could still end up with the same record and have it come to tiebreakers. Two more Packer wins and two more Lions losses or four more Packers wins clinches it.
You're right, I was on crack and thought we had already beaten them once. Damn crack...

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Looked good? I can't help but notice Bush always getting picked on. Vinny threw to his guy all day when he was in. I don't now I like Bush, but he does get singled out...It's going to be a problem against teams like the Lions and Cowboys

To avoid letting these receivers run all over the place, I think we need to blitz a bit more. We got pressure yeah, but we need some stunts and blitzs to really get to Kitna.

I don't think I am an expert or anything near, that is just my opinions

Should be a great, great game! GO PACK! As the Packers go, so goes my week...SO LET'S WIN
Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler6 View Post
Looked good? I can't help but notice Bush always getting picked on. Vinny threw to his guy all day when he was in. I don't now I like Bush, but he does get singled out...It's going to be a problem against teams like the Lions and Cowboys

To avoid letting these receivers run all over the place, I think we need to blitz a bit more. We got pressure yeah, but we need some stunts and blitzs to really get to Kitna.

I don't think I am an expert or anything near, that is just my opinions

Should be a great, great game! GO PACK! As the Packers go, so goes my week...SO LET'S WIN
Al Harris got burned more than Bush from what I saw. Who burned Bush at all in that game?
Old 11-19-2007, 04:45 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Al Harris got burned more than Bush from what I saw. Who burned Bush at all in that game?
He had the "interference" call...

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 04:47 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I predicted Packers 31, Lions 24 in the equivalent thread over in the Detroit discussion forum.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:58 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
That was a bad call. His coverage was great on that play. There wasn't much contact and he was playing the ball all the way.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

The key for the Packers in this game is not beating themselves. Don't turn the ball over and it shouldn't be a problem to beat the Lions who have fallen off the past few weeks.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:12 PM    (permalink
NickCollins36
Rookie

NickCollins36 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

im worried bout our run game if grant doesnt play >.<
hopefully hes ok and is ready to go thursday
brandon jackson hasnt shown me n e thing as of yet this year
and i got 5 buck on this game XD
yeh i know im a big time gambler :D

sig by diehardvikingsfan

IN TED WE TRUST
NickCollins36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 02:45 AM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
He gave up the TD to Drew Carter too******
Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 03:07 AM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Football Fan smells like sex panther.

30-16 pack wins.
Creating turn overs is detroits biggest strength. If the packers can avoid that, I think the packers win handily. I think detroit has to give this game everything they got but I dont see it beeing enough

Last edited by Football Fan : 11-20-2007 at 10:16 AM.
Football Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 05:53 AM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Since when is Bush on the same level as AL Harris, Bush plays not nearly the amount of snaps as Harris and gives up touchdowns and has pass interference calls galore, although the call against him was pretty bad and the spot where the foul was called was incorrect, but he is young and he is getting plenty of experience so hopefully that will help his career. To mention another young guy, how about aaron rouse, one nice pick and almost another, nick collins better watch out. Like it was stated before the name of the game is turnovers, whoever has the least will usually come out on top.
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Jim Jim
Veteran

Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.

This game will be decided by how well the Packers can stop the Lions passing attempt. The Lions are quick to ditch the run completely.
Jim Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 05:29 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Quote:
(Do you expect everybody on the injury report who hasn't been ruled out to be able to play?)
They're probable, so they'll probably play.

I love Mike McCarthy. :)
Old 11-21-2007, 05:47 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Chad Mortenson has picked against the Packers 8 times (including this week vs. the Lions). Only once has he correctly picked a win. Chad Mortenson, you suck.

Merril Hoge has picked the Packers to win 8 times (9, assuming he picks the Pack against the Lions). Only once has he picked a Packer win incorrectly. Merril Hoge, you rock.

Last edited by ny10804 : 11-21-2007 at 05:51 PM.
ny10804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 06:47 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

You mean Chris? That's pretty surprising, he's probably not aware he has done that.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote