Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 11-19-2007, 03:23 AM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default The New Official Draft Thread

To quote Rob Schneider in the Waterboy "Oh No! We suck again!"

It's that time again. Week 11 is in the books, and our season is all but over.

sig by VLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I don't care...
Hurricane Ditka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 08:05 AM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think right now, with how bad our defense has gotten due to lack of safety, Kenny Phillips should be the pick. Take OLine with our second pick, someone like Chris Williams in the second would be a steal.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 12:53 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cripes...we have so many needs I don't even know where to start.

It's really a matter of picking the positions of most concern. Do we resign Grossman for another trial year as the starter? Can Griese hold the fort for one more year? Who is the bigger sore spot, Fred Miller or Archuleta?

Truth be told I would hold off on safety, it's a bit of a luxury pick that quite frankly we can't afford to make right now. The offensive line is always going to take precedence over the secondary (or at least it should) so I would still go OT assuming the value is there. We don't need a RT, we need a LT that can move Tait back where he is going to be much more effective.

We also need to fire Ron Turner. Cripes. I've been mildly sticking up for the guy because it's not like we have the best talent to work with, but our "gameplans" if you can even call them that, are so counter-intuitive it just doesn't make sense anymore. How many times are we going to run the end-around to Hester before we realize that it doesn't ******* work!?!?!

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 02:06 PM    (permalink
k0ng
Rookie

k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.

O-Line is by far the biggest need on this team. 4th and 1 and Kreutz and Garza are both on their ass as soon as the ball is snapped. Then I would go Safety and RB as our next biggest areas of concern. D. Manning looks like he's starting to get it to. I do have some faith in Benson, but we need that Thomas Jones type to compliment him. Wolfe isn't it either. As far as QB, if Grossman has time, he can make any throw. So I would stick with him for another year. Especially if Ryan and Woodson are gone by the time we pick in the 1st round(I don't think Brohm is going to be good). With Dixon being hurt, maybe we could grab him with one of our 5ths or something.

The Defense just looks worn out. They just need an offseason to get healthy. It also seems that alot of teams have us figured out when it comes to Xs and Os. A new stud safety, add a new DT in the 3rd or 4th, get tommie, dusty and urlacher healthy, and this Defense will be a championship defense once again.

I think we need to draft two lineman in the first three rounds and sign one in FA. I'd lock up Briggs and Berrian also.
k0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 01:38 AM    (permalink
pellepelle_10
Veteran

pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Cripes...we have so many needs I don't even know where to start.

It's really a matter of picking the positions of most concern. Do we resign Grossman for another trial year as the starter? Can Griese hold the fort for one more year? Who is the bigger sore spot, Fred Miller or Archuleta?

Truth be told I would hold off on safety, it's a bit of a luxury pick that quite frankly we can't afford to make right now. The offensive line is always going to take precedence over the secondary (or at least it should) so I would still go OT assuming the value is there. We don't need a RT, we need a LT that can move Tait back where he is going to be much more effective.

We also need to fire Ron Turner. Cripes. I've been mildly sticking up for the guy because it's not like we have the best talent to work with, but our "gameplans" if you can even call them that, are so counter-intuitive it just doesn't make sense anymore. How many times are we going to run the end-around to Hester before we realize that it doesn't ******* work!?!?!
Looking at Fred Miller's play I'd say OT is a SERIOUS SERIOUS NEED. On the other hand our defensive backs been getting worked like a rib. I know Angelo drafts defense well so we may be able to hold back a couple rnds on Safety however there are also going to be some guys in FA to address at least 1 offensive line position so it could go either way. All in all I think you hit the nail on the head when you said there are a plethera of positions to address. Both Safety positions are of high consideration.

On another note. CB looked great for once. The guy finally ran with some damn fire. This is the RB I was hoping for so if he can keep this solid effort I'll stop ripping him up. He's not yet out of the bag though. He has a lot more to prove IMO. I could care less if he exceeds the mediocrity of 1000yds. He needs to act like he wants to succeed at the NFL level. I'm tired of his btching. Start putting up like this week and earn your keep.
Old 11-20-2007, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bottom line, we can't afford to overpay the offensive line through free agency again. We did that last time and now three years later we're sitting here with the oldest and arguably worst offensive line in the league.

sig by VLS
Quote:
I don't care...
Old 11-20-2007, 06:50 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Ditka View Post
Bottom line, we can't afford to overpay the offensive line through free agency again. We did that last time and now three years later we're sitting here with the oldest and arguably worst offensive line in the league.
Our offensive line isn't even close to the worst.

Old 11-20-2007, 08:39 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the best situation right now is for Grossman to play decent enough down the stretch that both sides agree to a one year deal and allow us to go with QB in say, the 3rd round, thus allowing us to address OL in the first and potentially safety in the 2nd. I'd spin Orton off for a depth pick (which I think we can get) unless Orton's going to get a chance (I think we can probably get a 5th for him). I'd spin Alex Brown off (right now, I think a 4th is best case scenario). Focus on OL/S/QB and either WR/Rb in day 1, and in day 2 add a WR/RB (whichever one not addressed), another end (can't say Ogunleye being here that much longer, maybe 2 years max, and Bazuin is an unknown), some more safety depth.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 09:21 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

You think we can get a 5th for Orton? Keep in mind he's only got a year left on his deal.

Old 11-20-2007, 10:08 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One week Grossman is a garbage QB and the nest week he is the answer???

Old 11-20-2007, 10:16 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think Grossman is the answer, but look at the options for next year. I'm not particularly enthused about going with Griese, and they don't seem willing to give Orton a chance. I'm not particularly enthused about the top 3 QB's. I think that there are a couple QB's in the 2nd-4th stanzas that have as much upside as the top 3 QB's. I'm not talking about a long term deal for Grossman, just a one year deal for both parties to reestablish value. Of course, both sides would have to agree, so maybe Rex finds a better opportunity.

As for Orton and a 5th, I think there's a slim chance. That's probably as high as I could see, though.
Old 11-20-2007, 10:28 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
One week Grossman is a garbage QB and the nest week he is the answer???
The answer for what? This team isn't winning the Superbowl next year.

Old 11-20-2007, 11:20 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
I think the best situation right now is for Grossman to play decent enough down the stretch that both sides agree to a one year deal and allow us to go with QB in say, the 3rd round, thus allowing us to address OL in the first and potentially safety in the 2nd. I'd spin Orton off for a depth pick (which I think we can get) unless Orton's going to get a chance (I think we can probably get a 5th for him). I'd spin Alex Brown off (right now, I think a 4th is best case scenario). Focus on OL/S/QB and either WR/Rb in day 1, and in day 2 add a WR/RB (whichever one not addressed), another end (can't say Ogunleye being here that much longer, maybe 2 years max, and Bazuin is an unknown), some more safety depth.
Why would anybody give a pick for Orton?
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 12:25 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Just wait and see... Orton will dominate once given the chance.

Old 11-21-2007, 12:29 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
Why would anybody give a pick for Orton?
Why would anybody give a pick for AJ Feeley?

Old 11-21-2007, 12:50 PM    (permalink
DaBears9654
Rookie

DaBears9654 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Why would anybody give a pick for AJ Feeley?
I don't know; I wouldn't. IMO, Philly got rid of the wrong backup QB this pre-season and Holcomb is better.

I almost forgot, if the Bears want one of the big 3, they'd better either finish with a worse record than other quarterback-needy teams like Atlanta or trade up. Preferably option 2.

NFC North right ends are shaking in their cleats.

Or @ least they had better be.

Last edited by DaBears9654 : 12-13-2007 at 01:04 PM. Reason: actually reading all of what 51 wrote
DaBears9654 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 11:05 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

To answer Moses comment - I think some team might take a chance on Orton with one year left if they can get it on the cheap. Maybe 5th is high. I did acknowledge that. But I could see something like that happen. The QB options in the middle of day 2 aren't all that awe inspiring in terms of tools.

Just a possibility, though.

Random musing: If we end up in the mid-first, we may end up in no man's land. Depending on the positioning of the pick, it could be a reach of some sorts there (whether it be positioning, value, etceteras), and that wouldn't excite me (I mean, I'd be fine if we traded down to the mid-first to accumulate more picks, but to pick someone there, I'm a bit wary, particularly considering where our needs are). If that happens, I'd much rather try to deal further down and just stock up on picks.
Old 11-22-2007, 11:07 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Looking at the remainder of our schedule it's conceivable that we pick in the top 10.

sig by VLS
Quote:
I don't care...
Old 11-23-2007, 12:08 AM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We're at the point where we have so many needs that where ever we pick we must get good value.

If we're mid 1st and there is no OT's or QBs worth the grade we need to take our #3 need whatever the hell that may be. Maybe a safety, god forbid. I will be utterly disappointed if we do not land a QB or big time OT in the first round of the draft.

Bearsfan51 - who has a worse OL than the 5 scrubs (Kreutz included - he has played like a dog - no need to give him a pass.) that are running out there every sunday for us? Just curious.. I have yet to see a worse line this year.
Old 11-23-2007, 12:12 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL View Post
We're at the point where we have so many needs that where ever we pick we must get good value.

If we're mid 1st and there is no OT's or QBs worth the grade we need to take our #3 need whatever the hell that may be. Maybe a safety, god forbid. I will be utterly disappointed if we do not land a QB or big time OT in the first round of the draft.

Bearsfan51 - who has a worse OL than the 5 scrubs (Kreutz included - he has played like a dog - no need to give him a pass.) that are running out there every sunday for us? Just curious.. I have yet to see a worse line this year.
I don't think there's a worse offensive line than the Lions. They're almost so bad that no offensive line would be an improvement as they wouldn't have a false start every other play. Just Jon Kitna, someone to snap the ball, and 9 receivers.

The Niners O-line is pretty pathetic too.

Old 11-23-2007, 06:54 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't think there's a worse offensive line than the Lions. They're almost so bad that no offensive line would be an improvement as they wouldn't have a false start every other play. Just Jon Kitna, someone to snap the ball, and 9 receivers.

The Niners O-line is pretty pathetic too.
Very true about the Niners OL.. Not sure how you compare the OL's since they both are pretty brutal.

There is no doubt that this OL is one of the worst in football right now though.
Old 11-24-2007, 05:19 PM    (permalink
blkwdw13
Rookie

blkwdw13 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If the Bears are in position to draft McFadden but Jake Long is already gone can they pass on taking him to go in another direction or does he have to much value to pass.

Last edited by blkwdw13 : 11-24-2007 at 06:42 PM.
blkwdw13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 05:56 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkwdw13 View Post
If the Bears are inpositionto draft McFadden but Long is already gone can they pass on taking him to go in another direction or does he have to much value to pass.
Please speak English.

Old 11-24-2007, 06:10 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Barring a terrible off-season, McFadden will be long gone by the Bears pick.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 06:41 PM    (permalink
blkwdw13
Rookie

blkwdw13 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Please speak English.
Don't be a prick.
blkwdw13 is offline   Reply With Quote