Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 11-25-2007, 12:48 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkwdw13 View Post
Don't be a prick.
It's kinda what I do.

But honestly, I had no idea what you said. No I don't see how we pass on McFadden, but we aren't going to lose nearly enough. In fact, we could lose every game from here on out and still be too high for McFadden.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 01:15 AM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want Woodson with our most likely 9th overall pick...

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 01:25 AM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I want Woodson with our most likely 9th overall pick...
Woodson didnt have 7TDs to win him a game today did he? I think not! AINGE FTW! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 01:39 AM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Woodson had 6 TD's and would have won the game if Kentucky had a defense.

Old 11-25-2007, 11:05 AM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
Woodson had 6 TD's and would have won the game if Kentucky had a defense.
I didnt watch the game, I just looked at the stats. I like them both, I just have been real high on Ainge, so I was just having fun with that post

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 03:52 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well.

Grossman will be a value. Seriously, if we can get away (yes, get away) with playing with him one more year, which i believe we can, we can focus this year on getting an O-Line that'll actually block. We'll be able to resign him for less, or ship him away for more.

Okwo and Williams will be the logical next step as the future of bears linebackers, probably never will be as effective as briggs, but they won't totally screw the bears with their playing skills. One of them, or both of them, might end up seeing some time next year.

Cutting moose might be a top priority too. Whatever happened to all those receivers that we had with sure hands? Didn't he have like 10 drops in the past 4 weeks? The value isn't there for us though. Shame.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 07:34 PM    (permalink
Race for the Heisman
Veteran

Race for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

So I've been thinking about the draft since the season is coming to a close, and I think I'd really like something like this:

1) Ryan Clady
2) Joe Flacco
3a) Craig Steltz
3b) Kirk Barton
4) De'Cody Fagg
5) Owen Schmitt
6) Andre Callender
7) Jamario O'Neal

At a certain point I have trouble lining up pick values with player values but I don't like any of the Big 3 enough to spend a first on one of them and assuming the guy will sit anyway Joe Flacco would be a fine choice in my eyes, I think he's a bit of a late-riser like Kevin Kolb. Of all the safeties I've watched all year, both Steltz and Silva (BC) have really impressed me, along with Anderson Russell, but he's a junior. Barton I think could be a good right tackle, I've like Fagg when I've seen him, Schmitt might not be there but he's a great H-back and if we actually get some creativity in our offense he can fill in as third tight end, third running back, fullback, and he'd probably be a good special teamer. I actually liked Garrett Wolfe coming out of college, I thought maybe he could carve himself a niche like Darren Sproles but third round was probably to high for him and he's always going to be second to Hester on return duty. With that said, Callender offers the same thing but he's more solid and he's got good hands out of the backfield. In the seventh, I wasn't really sure where to go but O'Neal was a guy who had great tools (4.4-4.5 40, 210 lbs) but not everything clicked mentally. At the very worst he's a good special teams guy, at best he develops into a serviceable safety, although we took several DBs late last year, so maybe I should reconsider that pick. Also, do we have any picks I'm forgetting (maybe another 5th or something? Thoughts?
Race for the Heisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 08:59 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think Callender would be worth a pick. He does not add anything to the team. I haven't done my research on Joe Flacco, but have heard his name thrown around. I think a DT would be a good selection there.

I also want to know if Trevor Laws is around in the 3rd Round, I think it would be a great fit for us.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 06:46 AM    (permalink
evershot
Rookie

evershot hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

1) Ryan Clady: I'll wait to see how he does in his bowl game, but I'm worried about his inexperience.

2) Joe Flacco: For a division 1-AA QB to be drafted in the first day he needs some freakishly good athleticism, e.g. McNair. At best Flacco is 5th round draft pick.

3a) Craig Steltz: I'm worried about his ability to play the pass. The bowl game will be a good test for him. However, at this point I would pass on Steltz until I see him at the combine. LSU has too much talent to objectively judge Steltz on his own merit.

3b) Kirk Barton: I like Barton but this move doesn't make sense unless they want to move him to guard. John Tait and St. Clair can both still play RT and I would hope the Bears address the LT situation early in the first or second round.

Everybody else is debatable.
evershot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 09:11 AM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1-Brohm QB
2-Carl Nicks OT-I dont know about him, so im waiting on a scouting report.
3a-Jonathan Hefney DB
3b- Barry Richardson OL

Whatcha think? This was a mock I saw in the mock draft forums after I critiqued it a bit. (The guy had us getting a RB and LB in the third)

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 02:30 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What i would like to see the bears do is found in my sig but i think ill go into an explanation on each position and you guys let me know what you think:

QB: I think Orton might have bought himself a year to compete as starter, but griese and grossman have got to go. Bringing in another vet like chad pennington might not be a bad thing either and i would like the bears to look for a QB in rounds 2-3 to let sit for a year and see what happens. In my sig, I have them going with Flacco in round 3.

RB: It's too early to give up on Benson and I don't think either peterson or wolfe is good enough to be a full time change of pace back. I wouldn't mind someone else big who can also contribute on special teams or as a fullback. someone like jacob hester or owen schmidt maybe. I dont see this being addressed any earlier than round 4 though.

WR: Muhammad is becoming ancient and Berrian, if around, is no more than a #2 at best. Hester needs to continue his development at WR but hes too valueable as a returner to ever go further than the #3 IMO. Help is definitally needed but i dont think with all the needs the bears have that this gets addressed in the first three rounds.

TE: Set with Olsen.

O-line: Tackle is a huge concern and Fred Miller has to go. I want them to bring in someone like Otah in round 1 (or possibly Clady) and put them in right away at RT while developing them long term to take over for tait at the all important LT spot. Depth at G and C is also important but Tackle must be addressed first and foremost.

D-line: End seems pretty set but someone needs to be brought in long term to play next to harris at DT. With the lack of depth at S in the draft, I think DT becomes the bears 2nd biggest need and I have them addressing it in round 2.

LB: It'll be sad to see Briggs go but having Jamar Williams and last years 3rd rounder Okwo behind him, it doesnt seem like it becomes a big area of need.

CB: Fairly set I believe assuming everyone stays healthy. Depth couldnt hurt though, but no earlier that the latest rounds.

S: Perhaps a big area of need depending on how things shake out with Mike Brown and how Dan Manning is viewed to have progressed. Sadly, it seems like this draft is very weak at safety and with bigger needs at QB and OT, I don't see the bears going that way with thier first rounder in Kenny Phillips.

K: Set with Gould.

P: I think its time for Maynard to go before his downhill climb continues. Bring in some youth and the bears special teams could be set for quite a while.
Old 02-08-2008, 12:42 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw this mock on another draft site and was rather pleased with it, thought I'd run it past the masses.

1st round- Chris Williams, OT, Vanderbilt
2nd round- Andre Woodson, QB, Kentucky
3rd round- Trevor Laws, DT, Notre Dame
3rd round- Tashard Choice, RB, Georgia Tech
4th round- Andre Caldwell, WR, Florida

That seems a bit too optomistic, but I would LOVE that draft.

Old 02-08-2008, 01:40 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I saw this mock on another draft site and was rather pleased with it, thought I'd run it past the masses.

That is the best case scenario I believe. I would be ecstatic.

Old 02-08-2008, 01:50 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

thats really not bad at all. id be pleased, though id like to see what other RB's are available there than choice. if just for comparison reasons
Old 02-08-2008, 01:52 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
thats really not bad at all. id be pleased, though id like to see what other RB's are available there than choice. if just for comparison reasons
Kevin Smith and Jamaal Charles were both available as well. I'd be fine with either, though I am a fan of Choice.

Old 02-08-2008, 01:55 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

Quote:
Would you just prefer a different style than Choice or you just don't like Choice as a player?

I think he is very comparable to Thomas Jones. Patient at the line sees holes well, blocks well and catches the ball out of the backfield. Not really a home run threat but does well to pick up that 4 yards thats available.

I'd much rather a Choice, Peterson, Wolfe backfield than say a Slaton, Peterson Wolfe backfield.

Old 02-08-2008, 01:56 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Kevin Smith and Jamaal Charles were both available as well. I'd be fine with either, though I am a fan of Choice.
smith seems pretty good all around while charles would be a nice burner. i suupose id be alright with any too.

i think id put charles at the top of those 3 still
Old 02-08-2008, 01:58 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
Would you just prefer a different style than Choice or you just don't like Choice as a player?

I think he is very comparable to Thomas Jones. Patient at the line sees holes well, blocks well and catches the ball out of the backfield. Not really a home run threat but does well to pick up that 4 yards thats available.

I'd much rather a Choice, Peterson, Wolfe backfield than say a Slaton, Peterson Wolfe backfield.
oh yeah, no, i wouldnt touch slaton before the 5th rould probably. which means we wouldnt be getting slaton.

also, i think your forgetting that, until someone beats him completely out, benson is still going to be part of that backfield
Old 02-08-2008, 02:00 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

Quote:
oh yeah, no, i wouldnt touch slaton before the 5th rould probably. which means we wouldnt be getting slaton.

also, i think your forgetting that, until someone beats him completely out, benson is still going to be part of that backfield
Well I'm looking a few years down the line when A) he gets cut or B) his contract is up. I'm don with the guy unless he proves he is worthy of anyones respect.

Old 02-08-2008, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Clady < Williams?

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 02:15 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renji View Post
Clady < Williams?
i think thats assuming clady is already gone as he is in most mocks.
Old 02-08-2008, 05:53 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scout.com says that Jerry has booked a private workout with Joe Flacco.

*sigh* Don't know how I feel about it. He just seems like Orton deluxe edition.
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 06:19 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFbear View Post

KO isnt that bad....hes 12-6 as a starter. id take winning 2/3 of your games

i know a QB really needs to be taken somewhere in the first 3 rounds but i want to see what KO can do this year
Old 02-08-2008, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Quote:
Good pick. He actually has potential to be a franchise LT.

Yuck. I know I was once on the bandwagon, but he is just a horrible fit for us. He needs to go to some team with a good QB situation and just sit for 3 years. That place is not here.

Not loving it, not hating it. I have a feeling we might keep Walker around if we can restructure his contract. And if we do, that's 4 DT's, 4 DE's and Brown. And as it has been discussed, Brown most likely isn't going anywhere so that'd be 5 DE's (Idonije can coun't as DT). No way we carry more then 9 DLinemen.

I like him as well, and this is a good spot for him. However, we did spend a 3rd rounder on a RB last year and I could really see us signing some cheap FA like Brown or maybe someone a little more expensive like Fargas.

Very, and I mean very, wishful thinking that he'd be here.
That'd be an okay draft, depending on what we do in free agency, IMO. That draft is severely lacking safety as well.

Old 02-08-2008, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFbear View Post

Flacco is bigger and more mobile then Orton. And his Arm is bigger. Plus, he has more potential. Overall, Flacco is just better... and I am an Orton fan.