Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 02-08-2008, 06:48 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
Flacco is bigger and more mobile then Orton. And his Arm is bigger. Plus, he has more potential. Overall, Flacco is just better... and I am an Orton fan.
right, if hes a better orton, then thats only a good thing (points back to 66% winning percentage)
Old 02-08-2008, 07:05 PM    (permalink
pellepelle_10
Veteran

pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I saw this mock on another draft site and was rather pleased with it, thought I'd run it past the masses.

1st round- Chris Williams, OT, Vanderbilt
2nd round- Andre Woodson, QB, Kentucky
3rd round- Trevor Laws, DT, Notre Dame
3rd round- Tashard Choice, RB, Georgia Tech
4th round- Andre Caldwell, WR, Florida

That seems a bit too optomistic, but I would LOVE that draft.
This draft addresses quite a lot of needs but my only question here would be Safety which is in dire need of help. This has been our achilles heel for defense and as much as I love Angelo's late rnd selections I'd have to say we'd need to hit this position sooner than 5th. Other than that its not a bad draft at all.
Old 02-09-2008, 07:48 PM    (permalink
DaBears9654
Rookie

DaBears9654 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
2nd round- Andre Woodson, QB, Kentucky
I know he disappointed in the Senior Bowl, but did it really do that much damage to his stock? I kind of have my doubts. But, I guess we'll be finding out 4/26 & 27.

NFC North right ends are shaking in their cleats.

Or @ least they had better be.
DaBears9654 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 09:00 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBears9654 View Post
I know he disappointed in the Senior Bowl, but did it really do that much damage to his stock? I kind of have my doubts. But, I guess we'll be finding out 4/26 & 27.
ive seen him go as low as in the third...

i really liked him the times i saw him play this year like the LSU game. he was on target with passes, moving around quite well, etc.

the more people talk down on him, the more i like it becaues itmeans he'll be available later and later....lol

all the better for me
Old 02-11-2008, 09:01 AM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you guys think about a WR in round 2? If a guy like Devin Thomas or Hardy are still there I would definetly like to give our qb some else to throw too.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 10:04 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
What do you guys think about a WR in round 2? If a guy like Devin Thomas or Hardy are still there I would definetly like to give our qb some else to throw too.
oh absolutely id go for thomas. hands down.
Old 02-11-2008, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Bighead734
Veteran

Bighead734 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBears9654 View Post
I watched about 3 games from Woodson this year, and I was not impressed whatsoever. He does have a nice arm, but he just puts the ball in bad places and takes so dang long to get rid of the ball.

If I were an NFL team, I wouldn't take him until the 3rd round. I'd take Chad Henne over Woodson, both have strong arms, but Henne makes better decisions.

The One Man Fastbreak and Illini Legend Dee Brown
Bighead734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 05:30 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bighead734 View Post
I watched about 3 games from Woodson this year, and I was not impressed whatsoever. He does have a nice arm, but he just puts the ball in bad places and takes so dang long to get rid of the ball.

If I were an NFL team, I wouldn't take him until the 3rd round. I'd take Chad Henne over Woodson, both have strong arms, but Henne makes better decisions.
i havent liked henne...reminds me of a little less jumpy rex....not good

i liked woodson. i saw the lsu game, the louisville game and the bowl game and liked him in each. he seems calm, and accurate. i think with at east a year of sitting to work on a better release and learn an nfl system, he could be the best QB of the draft class
Old 02-15-2008, 08:59 AM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With Mcfaddens stock cooling off if he's there at 14 do we take him??

Old 02-15-2008, 09:58 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dunno, he seems like a Bust or Hit, it rather take Mendenhall

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 10:05 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
With Mcfaddens stock cooling off if he's there at 14 do we take him??
Hahaha.....oh the draft season.

One person puts McFadden out of his top 20 and all of the sudden he's free-falling. McFadden won't hit 14, so don't worry about it.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 12:26 AM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mini Mock 1

1st 14th- Kenny Phillips S- I dont think Chris Williams or Jeff Otah rise high enough, Clady will be gone and even with our penchant to trade down I see JA thinking about what happened to our D when Mike Brown has gone out the last 2 years.

2nd- Trade up- 45th overall pick and Alex Brown for 35th overall pick- Gosder Cherilous OT- JA feels the pressure to bring in a starter and makes a move to get a solid RT prospect.

3rdA- Josh Johnson QB- We get a guy to sit for a couple years while we determine if KO can be that guy.

3rdB-Chris Johnson RB- I thought G here but the top 3 will most likely be gone. The good RB depth allows us to pick up a good player here in Johnson.

4th-Frank Okam DT- I think he has a free fall on draft day. Giving us a chance to pick him up here.

5th-Owen Schmitt FB- Maybe i'm too hopeful that he lasts this long. A great lead blocker is hard to find. I think he turns into a dominant blocker on the next level.

6th- Durant Brooks P

7th-Chester Adams G

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 10:31 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsfan123 View Post
Mini Mock 1

1st 14th- Kenny Phillips S- I dont think Chris Williams or Jeff Otah rise high enough, Clady will be gone and even with our penchant to trade down I see JA thinking about what happened to our D when Mike Brown has gone out the last 2 years.

2nd- Trade up- 45th overall pick and Alex Brown for 35th overall pick- Gosder Cherilous OT- JA feels the pressure to bring in a starter and makes a move to get a solid RT prospect.

3rdA- Josh Johnson QB- We get a guy to sit for a couple years while we determine if KO can be that guy.

3rdB-Chris Johnson RB- I thought G here but the top 3 will most likely be gone. The good RB depth allows us to pick up a good player here in Johnson.

4th-Frank Okam DT- I think he has a free fall on draft day. Giving us a chance to pick him up here.

5th-Owen Schmitt FB- Maybe i'm too hopeful that he lasts this long. A great lead blocker is hard to find. I think he turns into a dominant blocker on the next level.

6th- Durant Brooks P

7th-Chester Adams G
i suppose i would accept that draft just because we would be getting immediate starters at need positions in S and RT.

and i suppose id be happy with JJ but isnt he more of a WC offense type of guy? strikes me as such anyway...

now, chris johnson...didnt we JUST take a grossly undersized back late in the third last year? if we wait until that point to go RB, id rather go with someone like forte or kevin smith or even a tashard choice. someone who at least has the potential to be an every down back if need be.

now okam...i had him in mind as a good 34 NT when i first saw/read/heard about him, but i hear his motor is terrible and plays too high....etc. since its the 4th round and hes a big body to put next to harris, id accept it. but im just not sure about him...

schmidt i was in favor of up until just a few weeks ago. but wouldn't it be wiser to either get some more oline depth or maybe even a WR to develop? a good blocking FB would be real nice but if the oline isn't improved and neither is RB, it just seems kind of a waste. Id love him on special teams though...hed be one hell of a wedge buster.

punter...brooks...love it. if hes there. but i think maynard is on the downward slope and only gonna tail off further. didnt he only have like a 41 avr this year? yeah...we can do better. and if we get someone like brooks, we could have one nasty special teams unit in he, gould and hester for years and years.

developmental late round lineman in the 7th, good.
Old 02-18-2008, 11:21 AM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the Okam pick, as a 4th round pick I think it fits. Someone who has all this potential, but doesnt utilize it, I think our coaches could make something work w/ him. Another player who has fallen this year is that Tommy Blake. Thats another guy who I wouldnt mind if we take a 3rd or 4th round project pick on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 11:44 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan View Post
I like the Okam pick, as a 4th round pick I think it fits. Someone who has all this potential, but doesnt utilize it, I think our coaches could make something work w/ him. Another player who has fallen this year is that Tommy Blake. Thats another guy who I wouldnt mind if we take a 3rd or 4th round project pick on.
unless we were to fill all of our OT, QB, RB, WR and S needs via the first 3 rounds and free agency, i think id hold off on blake for a while. if hes still around starting in the 4th round though, he might be worth a look there. we certainly have enough other DE depth that he wont be missed too much if his depression/anxiety problems return
Old 02-22-2008, 10:40 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...ad.php?t=18529

wtf!?!?!?

cmon guys, let him know how we feel. lets show the whole board never to give us something like that again
Old 02-23-2008, 11:00 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just saw that Otah had a real slow 40 time. Obviously that's not a huge deal for a lineman, but it could dip his stock too low for us at #14.

Old 02-23-2008, 09:05 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

I wasn't sure who I would prefer between Otah and Williams, but after today I'd take Williams. He has really quick feet.

Old 02-23-2008, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I just saw that Otah had a real slow 40 time. Obviously that's not a huge deal for a lineman, but it could dip his stock too low for us at #14.
Oh puh-lease. Scouts aren't idiots and actually think a mid 5 40 for a lineman, especially someone Otah's size, is really gonna make a difference. What they were watching today from the linemen were footwork and technique mainly. Otah would not see his stock soar if he ran a 5.2, however, he won't see it drop a bit even though he ran a 5.5-5.6...

If Otah drops for some reason, it's because of questions about his ability to actually play LT in the NFL.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 09:39 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
Oh puh-lease. Scouts aren't idiots and actually think a mid 5 40 for a lineman, especially someone Otah's size, is really gonna make a difference. What they were watching today from the linemen were footwork and technique mainly. Otah would not see his stock soar if he ran a 5.2, however, he won't see it drop a bit even though he ran a 5.5-5.6...

If Otah drops for some reason, it's because of questions about his ability to actually play LT in the NFL.
I'm getting the notion that you're dissagreeing with everything I say just for the hell of it.

I said myself that it's not that big of a deal, and am now arguing against the backlash against him, but to say that it doesn't matter at all is silly. Everything matters at this point. Williams looked much more athletic and fluid than Otah today.

Old 02-23-2008, 09:47 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm getting the notion that you're dissagreeing with everything I say just for the hell of it.

I said myself that it's not that big of a deal, and am now arguing against the backlash against him, but to say that it doesn't matter at all is silly. Everything matters at this point. Williams looked much more athletic and fluid than Otah today.
I'm kinda touchy when it comes to the big uglies... and 40 times for linemen do not matter unless they are really slow, or really fast. A .3 difference in straightline speed is not gonna make someone jump ahead of Otah. If he was projected as a LG and he ran a 5.5/6, yeah, that could and probably would cause his stock to dip. But he's a big fat massive tackle, and big massive tackles usually don't need to be very speedy.

I didn't watch most of the stuff today, but if Otah's stock falls, it's because he showed bad technique and footwork, not because of his 40 time.

Old 02-23-2008, 10:09 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

well for our sake, i still would be happy with either otah or williams.

otah would certainly go to RT right away, while williams would compete for LT at first.

either could project long term to LT, with williams having the lead in that department.

if i had to choose today, i would take williams. not because he ran better in the 40, but for his LT potential. i dont think otah really hurt himself or anything...
Old 02-23-2008, 10:18 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

I would choose Williams as well, and not because of today, but because I would have chosen him all along.

Old 02-24-2008, 01:17 AM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with Smokey Joe about Williams. I'm much more concerned about Otah's quickness, than his straight-line speed. Plus Williams has a huge edge in experience and a slight edge in skill, so it would make more sense to draft Williams.
Old 02-24-2008, 01:45 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

The biggest concern I have about Williams is that he's a finesse player.

I think best case scenario he's D'Brick. Worse case scenario he's probably Alex Barron.