Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 02-24-2008, 02:53 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's been rumors that Chris Williams is our preferred OT from the group after Jake Long, but that Mendenhall may push him. This leads me to wonder what we are doing in Fa, if anything at all.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 08:29 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
The biggest concern I have about Williams is that he's a finesse player.

I think best case scenario he's D'Brick. Worse case scenario he's probably Alex Barron.
well thats....i would be ok with either of those guys. they seem decent.

so what kind of lineman do we actually like? i read that we wont go otah because hes a huge mauler and thats not our type. and then you say your concerned with williams because hes a finesse layer......

most teams prefer one or the other, which is it?
Old 02-24-2008, 09:08 AM    (permalink
DaBears0530
Rookie

DaBears0530 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i heard a rumor that the bears are trying to extend kyle ortons contract. so would that lead us to not drafting a QB?
Old 02-24-2008, 09:15 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBears0530 View Post
i heard a rumor that the bears are trying to extend kyle ortons contract. so would that lead us to not drafting a QB?
i dont think so just because griese is still around and could be released due to his large contract.

though if we are planning to take 4 into camp, including one drafted rookie, it could drive back the round in which we would take one in.....

and does it piss anyone else off how john clayton on espn is going around saying he doesnt think griese will be released and will be the most valueable backup and blah blah blah.

shut up cryptkeeper
Old 02-24-2008, 10:38 AM    (permalink
DaBears9654
Rookie

DaBears9654 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Good find, BeerBaron.

NFC North right ends are shaking in their cleats.

Or @ least they had better be.
DaBears9654 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 10:51 AM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope we look at Erik Ainge. He's still one of my favorite QBs in this draft and his stock is low. I hope we can pick him up in the mid rounds.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 12:01 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am officially on the Josh Johnson bandwagon. I saw that he ran around a 4.4 40, and that he has been looking pretty good in the drills as well. A QB to me that has some decent QB skills, that also has the ability to escape, and possibly make something happen, would probably be the 1st Bear QB to excite me ever.

Josh Johnson for #2nd round draft pick 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 12:03 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
I hope we look at Erik Ainge. He's still one of my favorite QBs in this draft and his stock is low. I hope we can pick him up in the mid rounds.
i dont think i would really be against anyone after the fourth round if the values right. at that point it would be pretty easy to get someone who can just sit and learn for a while.

also, since it would be a late round pick, if our current groups of QBs dont work out again, we could draft someone high next year without having to fear wasting a high pick of a QB this year
Old 02-24-2008, 12:06 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan View Post
I am officially on the Josh Johnson bandwagon. I saw that he ran around a 4.4 40, and that he has been looking pretty good in the drills as well. A QB to me that has some decent QB skills, that also has the ability to escape, and possibly make something happen, would probably be the 1st Bear QB to excite me ever.

Josh Johnson for #2nd round draft pick 2008
2nd? hmm....i dont know....that seems a bit high for as uncertain of a quantity he is.

i think id rather see us go OT in 1 and then RB/WR in 2. maybe if someone like johnson or another QB is still around late in the 2nd or early in teh 3rd, we could throw our pair of 3rd rounders at someone to snag him. id be more for that, especially since JA has done well getting defensive layers in the later rounds and our needs at DT and S could probably be filled well there
Old 02-24-2008, 12:10 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well we can say goodbye to Devin Thomas at 44. After that 40 time he's a late 1st rounder.

Never really thought we'd take a WR in the first two rounds anyway though.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 12:23 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
2nd? hmm....i dont know....that seems a bit high for as uncertain of a quantity he is.

i think id rather see us go OT in 1 and then RB/WR in 2. maybe if someone like johnson or another QB is still around late in the 2nd or early in teh 3rd, we could throw our pair of 3rd rounders at someone to snag him. id be more for that, especially since JA has done well getting defensive layers in the later rounds and our needs at DT and S could probably be filled well there
I wasnt sure what round he would be slotted for since he is said to be having a good combine so far. I would rather do what you suggested.

Quote:
Old 02-24-2008, 12:25 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Devin Thomas with that size running a 4.32 yah I doubt he'll be there. I would like to see a WR in round 2 unless we grab a FA.

Old 02-24-2008, 12:33 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
Devin Thomas with that size running a 4.32 yah I doubt he'll be there. I would like to see a WR in round 2 unless we grab a FA.
hes been my favorite receiver all the long and now, yeah, hes a first rounder. i dont think we have a shot at him...
Old 02-24-2008, 12:42 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

I wouldnt mind drafting someone like Hardy in round 2. 6'5 ran a 4.47 forty, depending on his vertical jump something like our 2nd or 3rd getting him. Mario Urrita from Louisville was 6'5 as well, but ran a 4.5 something 40. I am now kinda wanting a big guy at WR.

So my dream mock (w/ realistic scenario)
1: Chris Williams OT
2: James Hardy WR
3: Josh Johnson QB
3: RB or S

Quote:
Old 02-24-2008, 12:43 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've had Devin Thomas in the first round long before his 40 fyi ;)

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 12:46 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I've had Devin Thomas in the first round long before his 40 fyi ;)
yeah but i was really really hoping against it...one of those situation where id like to be wrong....but no
Old 02-24-2008, 12:51 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well it seems like Bowman is falling and falling and falling...

How is Monk doin?

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 01:10 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

i dont know about monk but i hear that fagg is done...blew out his knee, youch
Old 02-24-2008, 01:57 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

With all these RBs running some pretty good times, I think that there will be a good crop to choose from in the 3rd round if that is where we choose to get one.

Quote:
Old 02-24-2008, 02:24 PM    (permalink
pellepelle_10
Veteran

pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
There's been rumors that Chris Williams is our preferred OT from the group after Jake Long, but that Mendenhall may push him. This leads me to wonder what we are doing in Fa, if anything at all.
I think with the performances of Mendenhall and Stewart during this combine they've shown why they deserve to be in the top tier of backs. If Angelo passes up on either of these guys it will be a damn shame given their size and ability to perform so well here. both 225+ lb backs with 4.4-4.3 40's?? Benching 26+ and the game performance is just crazy. This should be a no brainer.
Old 02-24-2008, 02:32 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pellepelle_10 View Post
I think with the performances of Mendenhall and Stewart during this combine they've shown why they deserve to be in the top tier of backs. If Angelo passes up on either of these guys it will be a damn shame given their size and ability to perform so well here. both 225+ lb backs with 4.4-4.3 40's?? Benching 26+ and the game performance is just crazy. This should be a no brainer.
Except we need help on the offensive line a lot more than we need a running back.

sig by VLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I don't care...
Hurricane Ditka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 02:50 PM    (permalink
pellepelle_10
Veteran

pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

We "NEED" starters in both positions. Which is a higher talent would be the more appropriate question. Also which positions have the most Depth. Last time I checked the OT class is the deepest its been n a long time. I'd go with the latter because McFadden, Stewart, and Mendenhall clearly separated themselves from the pack. I can name a good 6 - 7 OT's that have fluctuated depending on which analyst you speak to.
Old 02-24-2008, 03:33 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

I really want a new RB but we need OL. Good OLs make good RBs and its very rarely the other way around. And for Monk he's garbage.

Old 02-24-2008, 03:39 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm actually starting to agree with pelle.

The combination of size and speed that Mendenhall and Stewart showed today was phenomenal. Both have the talent to be top 10 backs (far superior to what Benson and Caddy showed in their combines).

While I agree that the line can make the back, there are also backs that quite frankly can make the line.

After the combine I'd take Mendenhall over Otah. I still prefer Williams, even though I question his toughness a bit, but Otah looks like someone that may not be able to play even RT right away, and may never have the athleticism to play LT.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 03:41 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That would prolly be my board: Clady-Williams-Mendenhall-Otah

Last edited by Gay Ork Wang : 02-24-2008 at 03:44 PM.
Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote