Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 02-24-2008, 04:41 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renji View Post
That would prolly be my board: Clady-Williams-Mendenhall-Otah
eh, im no so high on clady. ive never really been just because i dont like that his legs are like toothpicks compared to the rest of him.....idk

id just prefer williams as an OT.

either of the RB's would be decent i suppose, but we would HAVE to get a tackle in round 2 then. hell, if otah really hurt himself, which i dont think he did that badly, but still, he could be there for our 2nd rounder. maybe anyway......

but, and correct me if im wrong here, our first two picks HAVE to go OT and RB in one order or the other. they HAVE to now
Old 02-24-2008, 04:56 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think RB is a first day need. I would like to see us bring in another RB to push Benson but I think we need to address OL in round 1 and then the talent falls off hard and I don't love the value that will most likely be there. I think we have decent depth at RB and we have bigger needs to address.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 05:22 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
I don't think RB is a first day need. I would like to see us bring in another RB to push Benson but I think we need to address OL in round 1 and then the talent falls off hard and I don't love the value that will most likely be there. I think we have decent depth at RB and we have bigger needs to address.
i saw you said that we should go there on the first day and i was somewhat offended. i was gonna be like "you expect some 6th round pick or a FA PoS like foster to knock off benson who has a huge investment in him?"

then i remembered that its only 2 rounds now.....yeah....so we could possibly go there in the 3rd......

i still think best OT in 1 and best RB in 2
Old 02-24-2008, 06:00 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think they have to. They probably will if we do nothing in FA, but I could see a scenario where we go OT and QB with the first two picks. I'd have no problem with that.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 06:15 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see the RB competition being a second day mid-late pick and a cheap FA like Chris Brown being signed.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 06:38 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I see the RB competition being a second day mid-late pick and a cheap FA like Chris Brown being signed.
I wouldnt mind that, Chris Brown is a good RB when not injured, and if he is sharing time, hopefully that would decrease his risk of being injured. Maybe a 2nd day pick like Justin Forsett ;). I think JF will be a good player if paired w/ a complimentary player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 06:39 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Smokey just needed to fufill his Chris Brown and Joe Flacco quota for the week.

Old 02-24-2008, 09:00 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

chris brown, ha! and a late round pick....yeah. lets go with 5 running backs into the season. cause that makes sense.

it should be no more than 4. the 3 we have plus one more at most
Old 02-24-2008, 09:50 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
chris brown, ha! and a late round pick....yeah. lets go with 5 running backs into the season. cause that makes sense.

it should be no more than 4. the 3 we have plus one more at most
Did I ever say 5 runningbacks? No, I did not. I just said competition. And Competition means bringing in some quality guys to compete.

Some people are actually thinking that when JA said competition that he meant a first round RB or spending the cap on Turner. But both of those are completely false, IMO.

I am willing to bet money that JA will bring in competition by signing someone cheap like Chris Brown and drafting a late round guy. They just spent a 3rd last year on Wolfe and this team obviously has far bigger holes at other positions besides RB right now.

It would be completely idiotic to focus on RB over OLine, QB, DLine, WR, S, and perhaps even LB. And for all we know, with a better OLine and passing game, Benson might not be so terrible.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 10:17 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

I don't see how you can even say that it's completely false when we are interviewing 1st and 2nd round runningbacks. Just because you don't think we should do something doesn't mean you can categorically deny it with no actual facts.

And Benson has no heart. Your assumption that Benson can be a solid starter is based on little other than where he was drafted.

It's idiotic to ignore any position we are not set at. That includes basically everything other than TE, DE, and CB.

Old 02-25-2008, 03:40 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lets just take Mendenhall and call it a day...;)

I think Benson can be a solid starter, but he needs an OL to do it. He's not one of those backs who can create for himself as he doesn't have great vision and 51 is right, he doesn't have any heart. A guy his size should just bulldoze defenders (like he did in 2006 behind TJ), but this year he ran like a school girl.

At times I thought he looked good, and at others I thought my grandma could hit the hole harder. But again, some of the blame needs to be placed on our crappy offensive line, our lack of a passing game, and our knucklehead offensive coordinator too because Peterson didn't do much either when he replaced Cedric, yes it was a bit of an improvement but not by much and that shows me there might be more of a problem than just the RB's we have.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 04:41 AM    (permalink
pellepelle_10
Veteran

pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I'm actually starting to agree with pelle.

The combination of size and speed that Mendenhall and Stewart showed today was phenomenal. Both have the talent to be top 10 backs (far superior to what Benson and Caddy showed in their combines).

While I agree that the line can make the back, there are also backs that quite frankly can make the line.

After the combine I'd take Mendenhall over Otah. I still prefer Williams, even though I question his toughness a bit, but Otah looks like someone that may not be able to play even RT right away, and may never have the athleticism to play LT.
I know this has been a hard fought battle and many don't see it my way but I'm sticking to my guns. Both are a need but IMO the ability to get one of these top 3 backs and a top end O-Lineman in the 2nd benefits far more than a rnd 1 lineman and low tier rb in the 2nd or 3rd. The OT class is large enough for us to still get someone of high caliber in the 2nd. I can't say the same about RB. If anyone looks at the rankings of the O-Line its all over the place from 2nd - 10th. As far as Rb's are concerned the top 3 doesn't change. There is a reason for this.
Old 02-25-2008, 04:44 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's been a lot of talk on Mendenhall/Williams for us. All that said, I can see a scenario where all three RB's are gone by the 9th pick.

As for Otah, there were reports on an ankle injury, so I'll take a wait and see approach to his pro day.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 04:47 AM    (permalink
pellepelle_10
Veteran

pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Lets just take Mendenhall and call it a day...;)

I think Benson can be a solid starter, but he needs an OL to do it. He's not one of those backs who can create for himself as he doesn't have great vision and 51 is right, he doesn't have any heart. A guy his size should just bulldoze defenders (like he did in 2006 behind TJ), but this year he ran like a school girl.

At times I thought he looked good, and at others I thought my grandma could hit the hole harder. But again, some of the blame needs to be placed on our crappy offensive line, our lack of a passing game, and our knucklehead offensive coordinator too because Peterson didn't do much either when he replaced Cedric, yes it was a bit of an improvement but not by much and that shows me there might be more of a problem than just the RB's we have.
Its not like he can't and there's no denying he couldn't run over guys every play. The problem is he plays like he doesn't give a rats ass. I repeat it over and over again the guy states like he doesn't have to prove anything to anyone when infact he hasn't proven anything. He has his head in his ass. As soon as he understands that nobody is going to hear this nonsense and he'd either shut up and perform or leave he'll hopefully get it. I for one don't care if he does because if he does end up proving it he'll be the type to want to get a f-n pat on the back for it. No thanks. Get us someone who puts in the work and goes about his business. It'll never end hearing Bensons mouth..if its not him bitching about not needing to prove anything it'll be when he can get another pay raise. (ala the holdout after crying like a little B when nobody wanted his ass) I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Mendenhall or Stewart. Lets go Angelo!!!
Old 02-25-2008, 04:48 AM    (permalink
pellepelle_10
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
There's been a lot of talk on Mendenhall/Williams for us. All that said, I can see a scenario where all three RB's are gone by the 9th pick.

As for Otah, there were reports on an ankle injury, so I'll take a wait and see approach to his pro day.
Who do you think will take the RB's in the top 9? I'm just curious toons.
Old 02-25-2008, 05:56 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, McFadden somewhere in the top 5.

If there are no trades, I'd watch the Jets (lead back) and New England seriously (both Mendenhall/Stewart complement Maroney). Then Cincinnati, with the Rudi Johnson issues.

Now, I'm not saying it will happen, but that is one scenario.

There's chatter of the Seahawks making a push up for a RB. I don't know if they'd push to the top 10, as expectations had been for one back to be around in the teens. But if they were willing to go all out (which is understandable considering the athleticism Stewart and Mendenhall showed, which is rare for big backs), they could make their way into the top 10 by forking over a first/2nd and a future 1st.

Anyhow, just scenarios.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 06:43 AM    (permalink
pellepelle_10
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
Well, McFadden somewhere in the top 5.

If there are no trades, I'd watch the Jets (lead back) and New England seriously (both Mendenhall/Stewart complement Maroney). Then Cincinnati, with the Rudi Johnson issues.

Now, I'm not saying it will happen, but that is one scenario.

There's chatter of the Seahawks making a push up for a RB. I don't know if they'd push to the top 10, as expectations had been for one back to be around in the teens. But if they were willing to go all out (which is understandable considering the athleticism Stewart and Mendenhall showed, which is rare for big backs), they could make their way into the top 10 by forking over a first/2nd and a future 1st.

Anyhow, just scenarios.
Stewart/Mendenhall complement for Maroney?! How do you figure? They're the same style of back. (bruiser backs) Felix Jones/Slaton yes...these guys...I'd beg to differ.

Jets could be a possibility but they have far more issues than RB IMO. Cincy may have issue with Rudi but their backup was more than suitable..Kenny Watson easily would have had a 1200 yd season if he played more. New England is suffering with age at LB and anything is possible with them. Seattle on the other hand I could see push to get a top end rb as Dallas could as well. As for the other mentioned teams I find it really hard they go this route. Who knows if one of them don't push for a FA. That also could be a possibility. *shrugs*
Old 02-25-2008, 10:06 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pellepelle_10 View Post
Stewart/Mendenhall complement for Maroney?! How do you figure? They're the same style of back. (bruiser backs) Felix Jones/Slaton yes...these guys...I'd beg to differ.
Actually Maroney is not a bruiser back. He doesn't fear contact but is not a guy who will bull you over. The reason he and Marion Barber worked so well was because he was the big play guy with speed, while Barber would hunt linebackers down to hit them. I'm sure BF51 could elaborate more being at Minnesota. Or maybe he was there to late, idk.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 01:06 PM    (permalink
pellepelle_10
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
Actually Maroney is not a bruiser back. He doesn't fear contact but is not a guy who will bull you over. The reason he and Marion Barber worked so well was because he was the big play guy with speed, while Barber would hunt linebackers down to hit them. I'm sure BF51 could elaborate more being at Minnesota. Or maybe he was there to late, idk.
Maroney is a bruiser and he gave our team headaches as he pouded down our linebackers throats into the endzone. The guy takes hits and is very hard to bring down. Maroney is fast but he will run you over just like any other Steven Jackson, Frank Gore. I wish I had clips but this guy takes hits and delivers like the best of them.
Old 02-25-2008, 02:31 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Dabears is correct. Maroney was the flash to Barber's thunder.

That's not to say that Maroney couldn't deliver contact. Glen Mason's offense required runningbacks that could deliver contact (Amir Pinnix was the same way except he sucked at everything else). I think that either player would compliment Maroney well, particularly Stewart.

Old 02-25-2008, 03:13 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

even a two back system with similar backs wouldnt necessarily be a bad thing...

unless theyre both awful, lol....lets hope we dont end up with 2 cedric bensons
Old 02-25-2008, 06:53 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i don't understand the Patriots' desire to pursue another runningback... it's not as if they run the ball anyway.

One could make the argument that perhaps they are not happy with Maroney, and that's why they didn't run the ball... but if they're not happy with him, i'd glady take him off their hands.

That being said, i really really want to see Mendenhall in a Bears uniform, it would be amazing to see a hometown guy with so much talent end up on the bears, but the issue still remains that how do you justify spending such a high pick on the one position that has proven time and time again can be found anywhere in the draft.

It's a tough decision, i don't really think we could go wrong potentially with spending the 1st on the best QB, RB, WR, OT, or Safety.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 07:15 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

S**t if there not happy with Maroney send him our way I love this guy. We have a ton of wholes on this team.

I had this discussion on another site. You guys think were closer to the playoffs or being a top 5 pick?

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 07:59 PM    (permalink
pellepelle_10
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
i don't understand the Patriots' desire to pursue another runningback... it's not as if they run the ball anyway.

One could make the argument that perhaps they are not happy with Maroney, and that's why they didn't run the ball... but if they're not happy with him, i'd glady take him off their hands.

That being said, i really really want to see Mendenhall in a Bears uniform, it would be amazing to see a hometown guy with so much talent end up on the bears, but the issue still remains that how do you justify spending such a high pick on the one position that has proven time and time again can be found anywhere in the draft.

It's a tough decision, i don't really think we could go wrong potentially with spending the 1st on the best QB, RB, WR, OT, or Safety.
I agree with many. Maroney simply didn't get the carries as he could easily be a 1200+ yd runningback. New England simply evaded from giving the guy carries. He did well when they decided to give him more than 10 carries. I agree that I'd have NO PROBLEM with him being the Bears starter.

On another note LynnSwann I agree 100%. Mendenhall would be great as would Stewart. They'd both fit our offensive system perfectly as we've been looking for a pure RB for quite sometime. Ron Turner should know what he's getting with Mendenhall or could at least get a good insite on his abilities.
Old 02-25-2008, 08:18 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
S**t if there not happy with Maroney send him our way I love this guy. We have a ton of wholes on this team.

I had this discussion on another site. You guys think were closer to the playoffs or being a top 5 pick?

I think closer to playoffs, but I think that if we dont capitalize on our defense soon (by complimenting it w/ a good to respectable offense) that we will be closer to a Top 5. We have some holes, but I think we have maybe a 2-3 year window that we can still be torwards the top. JA just needs to get himself a QB (maybe Rex finally shows that he is the man), fix up the OL and WRs, and really just add some good depth players, and hope to God that Benson is who we thought he was when we drafted him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote