Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 11-19-2007, 09:06 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Is Jamaal Anderson a bust ?

I know it's still early and he is only a rookie, but i'm getting more worried that Anderson is going to be a bust. He hasn't made any plays despite having a good DE on the other side. What do yall think ?
Old 11-19-2007, 10:56 AM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
I know it's still early and he is only a rookie, but i'm getting more worried that Anderson is going to be a bust. He hasn't made any plays despite having a good DE on the other side. What do yall think ?
I think you don't know what a big play is. He has been forcing fumbles and been making hard hits and 3rd down stops. he just doesn't have a sack yet. HE has been playing extremely well and doesn't have a sack despite a bunch of pressure he has put on the QB's all year. like most madden players you seem to think only sacks matter for DE's when it's the overall package that matters. in short, no he isn't even close to a bust.

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report

Last edited by scar988 : 11-19-2007 at 10:58 AM.
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 11:03 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scar988 View Post
like most madden players you seem to think only sacks matter for DE's

I know sacks aren't the only think that matters, but good job at jumping to assumptions comments like that is why I don't come to this site much.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:06 AM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I know sacks aren't the only think that matters, but good job at jumping to assumptions comments like that is why I don't come to this site much.
I' sorry you have just been complaining about his lack of sacks all year.

Owner of ScarDraft
Old 11-19-2007, 11:19 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

I know has done some good things this year, I just expected a little more since he was picked so high. Mario Williams seems to be playing a lot better his 2nd year. 2 games was blacked out where I live so he could have played good in them.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:25 AM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

Quote:
I know has done some good things this year, I just expected a little more since he was picked so high. Mario Williams seems to be playing a lot better his 2nd year. 2 games was blacked out where I live so he could have played good in them.
He has been playing very well. he hasn't been the reason for any big plays yet. he always plays his gaps well and has been extremely good in the run game. he'll gt his first sack soon... and yes, very much like Mario Williams, he will prolly break out next year.

Owner of ScarDraft
Old 11-19-2007, 01:48 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He sucks at pass rushing right now. He is pretty good at everything else. Give him time.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 02:18 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

He's strong...he has to develop a pass rush move though. He pushes tackles back into QBs and forces movement back there...he's solid...just gotta figure out how to use that agility to get around, instead of just running through them.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is obviously his first year in the league, but he also really had 1 stand-out year at Arkansas.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 03:31 PM    (permalink
BucSappy
Veteran

BucSappy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

It takes DEs a while to develop in the NFL. We are seeing it with Mario Williams...slowly developing but makes a great play every game and shows flashed of brilliance.

Both he and Jamaal came out as juniors, so they are still like college seniors...if you don't see results in a year and a half then you can get scared that he is a bust.
BucSappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 04:24 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

He has at least 2 years...he's only been at the position for 3 years, he's still getting used to his body...
Old 11-19-2007, 08:54 PM    (permalink
falconsrule
Rookie

falconsrule hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The only thing that scares me about Jamaal Anderson is that he may be a little too soft. When I go back and re-watch the game I never see him playing with alot of fire but its way to early to call him a bust. I think evetually he will be a very good DE.
falconsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 01:46 AM    (permalink
JDB7821
Rookie

JDB7821 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucSappy View Post
It takes DEs a while to develop in the NFL. We are seeing it with Mario Williams...slowly developing but makes a great play every game and shows flashed of brilliance.

Both he and Jamaal came out as juniors, so they are still like college seniors...if you don't see results in a year and a half then you can get scared that he is a bust.
Why do people keep saying Mario Williams is having some great progression? He started out the year strong, but he still only has 4 sacks. 2 of them came in the first game of the season. He had 4.5 last year, it's not like he's doing extremely better in that area.
JDB7821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 01:22 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love it when people write off rookies after 1/2 a season...unless you are an absolute stud, it usually takes 2-3 years, sometimes a little more, to truly reach their potential. Athletes' primes are usually in the 27-28 area, so do the math
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 03:32 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anthony Spencer is doing better than him as a part time player splitting time with Greg Ellis. ;)
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Anthony Spencer is doing better than him as a part time player splitting time with Greg Ellis. ;)
Anthony Spencer is also working with a lot more.
Old 11-20-2007, 04:08 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Anthony Spencer is also working with a lot more.
Did I say part time??? Oh yeah, I did. Just checking. ;)
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 01:46 AM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Did I say part time??? Oh yeah, I did. Just checking. ;)
Spencer is also in a pass rushing role at OLB, with 3 damn good OL and Demarcus Ware on the other side as well as Carpenter, James and Ayodele inside.

Owner of ScarDraft
Old 11-22-2007, 01:55 AM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.

to be a bust 10 games in....ppl are way to anal. BE was being asked if he was a bust this year...3 years later, give the guy some time, i mean hes 22(?) with raw ability. Besides the interior is quite weak(I think)all they have to worry about is the DE's
Green Bay Scat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 03:34 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

I think it's fairly clear that he's not a bust.

He's already very solid at playing the run, which was the first thing the coaches asked of him. He's been less good in the passing game, but he's got the natural athleticism, he's very raw, and he will get better.
Old 11-22-2007, 01:14 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd say I'm worried. DE is not a huge adjustment from college to NFL. QB, yeah. OT, maybe. WR and RB for blocking purposes maybe.

But Chris Houston adjusted from a pure man scheme. Blalock went from primarily OT to OG. He hasn't showed the innate ability to get to the QB.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 12:48 AM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

you also have to realize the coaches have told him to focus on the run and haven't fully unleashedh im in the pass game yet

Owner of ScarDraft
Old 11-25-2007, 10:16 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

Uh...DE in College VS Pro is WAY different...WAY different...in college he was told get the QB...and he did...he also wasn't playing against people who are going to be in the NFL week in and week out. OTs are priority because there are SO many in college, but only a few that actually hold up at the NFL level. In the transition from college to NFL he's just going to have to learn how to set up OTs in plays and series prior then hitting them with an inside move.
Old 11-25-2007, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
I'd say I'm worried. DE is not a huge adjustment from college to NFL. QB, yeah. OT, maybe. WR and RB for blocking purposes maybe.

But Chris Houston adjusted from a pure man scheme. Blalock went from primarily OT to OG. He hasn't showed the innate ability to get to the QB.
Still, you can't expect every rookie to come in and be a Randy Moss, Adrian Peterson type of rookie. That's just ridiculous.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:14 AM    (permalink
BucSappy
Veteran

BucSappy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post

DE is a huge adjustment...okay every position has a huge adjustment (except for special teams players), but learning the position takes a while.

I have always thought that the NFL assistant coaches are elite coaches, especially now a days. Anderson is getting great coaching and he is in the right scheme. It will take time, just be patient.
BucSappy is offline   Reply With Quote