Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 12-04-2007, 10:41 PM    (permalink
davidq12

Ty Warren of the Patriots didnt play that well as a rookie but is now playing at a pro bowl level so it may take Anderson some time.
Old 12-05-2007, 08:21 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, I can see one comparison with Warren. Anderson looks like he should be playing inside the tackles.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 01:10 PM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

I disagree. Anderson has applied some pressure.

Also, I've seen times when he has been doubled (which seems somewhat ridiculous when Abraham is on the other side). That's a sign of some respect from opposing OC's.

I think that it would be an error to expect too much out of Anderson til the latter stages of his soph year. I'm just repeating myself really, but it wasn't as if we thought that he was a finished product when he was drafted. Hopefully he'll fulfill his potential; but what he has done this year is insignificant as an indicator of future success.
Old 12-06-2007, 11:52 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The double team is more by play assigment than anything. RB assignment to chip before running a route, roll out by the QB, etc.. No logical reason to double-team him at this point.

Old 12-11-2007, 01:14 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When Anderson was coming out he was always considered a project. He has the tools to be a top-5 DE in the NFL. Admittedly he hasn't played well, but I think he needs another year to see how he progresses. Remember, it usually takes defensive ends couple years to hit their stride. Look at Mario Williams' first year (4.5 sacks) compared to now (9.5 sacks, 10th in the NFL).

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 04:20 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Incidentally, he was within an inch of getting his first sack on a crucial play, on an inside spin move, when he was tackled by Montavious Stanley. Somewhat symptomatic of our season, really.
Old 12-11-2007, 09:02 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Old 12-11-2007, 01:32 PM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

I prefer mine with a little more glazing.
Old 12-11-2007, 03:49 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Yeah, but it was the best picture I could find.

Old 12-24-2007, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sacks are overrated!! If he can put pressure on the quarterback and make him run into other falcons and if he can make quarterback throw ints i wont ask for anything else when it comes to pass rush.
Bosanac01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 07:11 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Maybe they are overrated, but great defensive ends are and always will be judged by getting to the quarterback.

Old 12-29-2007, 11:58 PM    (permalink
JDB7821
Rookie

JDB7821 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Does anyone else think he's put on some unnecessary fat? I've noticed he doesn't look as tall and lanky as he used to, which is weird. I would think he would lose weight over the course of the season, not gain it. I have to wonder if he's trying to "bulk" and get stronger, but it looks like he's not eating the right stuff.
JDB7821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 12:05 AM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDB7821 View Post
Does anyone else think he's put on some unnecessary fat? I've noticed he doesn't look as tall and lanky as he used to, which is weird. I would think he would lose weight over the course of the season, not gain it. I have to wonder if he's trying to "bulk" and get stronger, but it looks like he's not eating the right stuff.
I've noticed it too. I think he's not bulking up right with the eating thing. he needs to hire a good nutritionist... it's not like he doesn't have the money.

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 08:54 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDB7821 View Post

Yup, I've noticed it and pointed it out several times. He doesn't seem to have that quick atheltic explosion that he did in college. Probably the main reason why he doesn't have a sack.
Old 12-30-2007, 11:37 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

He was a poor mans Mario Williams coming out of college (Mario's first year was only slightly better than Jamaal Anderson's if tht at helps), but at least he looked the part and would come alive.

Old 12-31-2007, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Twinblade
Rookie

Twinblade needs more cowbell.

Gotta love those Madden players. I guess the only way for Jamaal to lose that "bust" is for him to get 50 sacks a year.
Twinblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 09:09 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

You are in denial if you don't think sacks are how a defensive end is judged. And he was good, not great, against the run. He didn't even have a tackle for loss.

He has potential but did not perform this year. A Vikings fan said he reminds him of Kenuchi Edeze and the comparison makes sense.

Old 12-31-2007, 09:48 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Actually he had a few tackles for loss...*shrug*
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 01:06 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

According to ESPN he did not.

Old 01-01-2008, 01:57 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

According to actually watching the games he did.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 03:37 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oxy: 1 Bama: 0

I expect a alot of improvement this offseason from him. I am sure he knows whats wrong with him and will improve himself.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Twinblade
Rookie

Twinblade needs more cowbell.

By next season when Jamaal starts racking up sacks, I can see so many fanboys go "I told you so, I told you so, he will be great, he will be great" after they label him a bust.
Twinblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 12:45 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
Uh...DE in College VS Pro is WAY different...WAY different...in college he was told get the QB...and he did...he also wasn't playing against people who are going to be in the NFL week in and week out. OTs are priority because there are SO many in college, but only a few that actually hold up at the NFL level. In the transition from college to NFL he's just going to have to learn how to set up OTs in plays and series prior then hitting them with an inside move.
Exactly. In college, big, athletic DEs like Jamaal and Mario can overpower and run circles around most OTs. When they hit the Pros, that doesn't work anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 05:07 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Falcons spoiled him this season, they should of had brought someone in to compete for the job with him. They should of had him work hard to earn a starting spot, he basiclly got the job on draft day.
You should give him some time hes pretty young and still growing into his body.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 07:18 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
According to actually watching the games he did.
I watched every game this season so don't question me. I saw every game and you 'thinking' or 'believing' you saw one does not prove it. He may have but until I see proof he did not. I'll trust a unbiased site before a biased fan.