Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts A Place to Post and Discuss Your Own Mock Drafts

Old 02-17-2007, 10:26 AM    (permalink

This may look familiar but I've changed around so many picks that I just figured to make a new thread for it.

Round 1

1 Oakland Raiders
JaMarcus Russell QB LSU
Al Davis likes his big arm qb's and this is the best one in the draft.

2 Detroit Lions
Joe Thomas T Wisconsin
The lions like kitna and will look for a qb in next year's draft. Thomas is their franchise LT.

3 Cleveland Browns
Adrian Peterson RB Oklahoma
The browns need an upgrade at RB and they get it with A.P. here. They still like fyre and would like to get him some weapons and some protection.

4 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Calvin Johnson WR Georgia Tech
TB has a ton of needs, WR being one of them. CJ is the best pure player in the draft and the bucs get him because he is the best player and they've had problems with age and inconsistency with their WR corps.

5 Arizona Cardinals
Gaines Adams DE Clemson
After losing out on thomas the cardinals get adams to provide a better pass rush. Him and berry could be a pretty good combo.

6 Washington Redskins
Alan Branch DT Michigan
The redskins have many needs as well and get the best value with this pick with branch. Branch will provide a stabilizing force to their line and hopefully help their low sack #s

7 Minnesota Vikings
Laron Landry SS LSU
The Vikings on defense were very good against the run last year, not so much against the pass. Landry will become a leader of their defense and will be a very good safety.

8 Houston Texans
Amobi Okoye DT Louisville
The Texans get the best overall prospect in the draft in Okoye. With some time and pro coaching this guy will be an absolute monster. Could take some pressure off of Mario Williams as well.

9 Miami Dolphins
Brady Quinn QB Notre Dame
Culpepper has had problems and the 'fins dont have much of a franchise QB. Quinn will sit for awhile and then come in and be an above average QB. There really isn’t much good qb depth on this team anyway.

10 Atlanta Falcons
Reggie Nelson FS Florida
They are continuing to rebuild that secondary and nelson is a playmaker. He will help so hall doesn't have to do everything out there.

11 San Francisco 49ers
Jamaal Anderson DE Arkansas
Might seem a little weird but that entire defense needs some help. Anderson will provide an impact wherever he goes.

12 Buffalo Bills
Patrick Willis MLB Mississippi
This pick is a bit of a given since the age of their LBs and the fact that they are often injured. Willis will give them a very good player in the middle of the field.

13 St. Louis Rams
Lawrence Timmons OLB Florida State
Rams need help on defense and with okoye gone they get timmons to help at LB.

14 Carolina Panthers
Levi Brown T Penn State
With both safeties and the best 'backers gone the panthers look to address their line. Is a great athlete and in other drafts would be a much higher pick.

15 Pittsburgh Steelers
Quentin Moses DE Georgia
A good 3-4 guy that should help their defense.

16 Green Bay Packers
Marshawn Lynch RB California
The slam dunk pick in this draft. Will be a high pick despite his personal problems.

17 Jacksonville Jaguars
Adam Carriker DE Nebraska
Jaguars could use a bit more of a pass rush to help that already good defense. Carriker has shot way up the board to #17.

18 Cincinnati Bengals
Darrelle Revis CB Pittsburgh
The bengals also need a CB bad, hopefully they get one without personal problems. They get Revis who is the best CB in the draft.

19 Tennessee Titans
Dwayne Jarrett WR Southern California
Jarrett's fall ends here and will team up with v. young and create a good tandem.

20 New York Giants
Aaron Ross CB Texas
They need some help in the secondary and they get it with ross.

21 Denver Broncos
Jarvis Moss DE Florida
The Broncos apparently don’t need a CB and there isn’t much value at S here. So they get Moss a good DE.

22 Dallas Cowboys
Michael Griffen FS Texas
This spot has been a real hard one for me and they have drafted a ton of DE's in the last couple of years. They will improve their secondary with Griffen.

23 Kansas City Chiefs
Dwayne Bowe WR LSU
Ginn is too much like dante hall so they get Bowe who is less of a project at WR.

24 New England Patriots
Paul Pozluzny OLB Penn State
Their defense is getting up there in age so they address linebacker with pPozluzny. He is a tough nosed LB that they are accustomed to in New England.

25 New York Jets
Justin Blalock G Texas
The jets could use some help upfront and get the best guard in the draft with Blalock.

26 Philadelphia Eagles
Victor Abiamiri DE Notre Dame
Eagles could use some help with the defense but don’t want a LB for some reason. They take Abiamiri a pretty good DE.

27 New Orleans Saints
Earl Everett OLB Florida
Saints need help with the defense and Everett will help them out and provide leadership.

28 New England Patriots
Sidney Rice WR South Carolina
WR has been a need for the pats since they traded away branch. They get a solid WR with Rice.

29 Baltimore Ravens
Arron Sears T Tennessee
Sears got a boost from the senor bowl and has a chance to start in 07. He is listed at tackle but looks to be more of a guard in the NFL. Has good versatility.

30 San Diego Chargers
Ted Ginn WR Ohio State
Even though he is a project the Chargers stop Ginn's fall here. In two years this guy should be phenomenal.

31 Chicago Bears
Rufus Alexander OLB Oklahoma
Briggs is back but for most likely only one year. Rufus fits the cover 2 very well and is from Oklahoma so they bears will love him since they have taken a ton of OK guys since Smith became the hc. I could really see a trade down here since the bears seem to do it every year and 31 is the worst pick.

32 Indianapolis Colts
Tank Tyler DT North Carolina State
I really need help with this pick.

Round 2

33 Oakland Raiders Robert Meachem WR Tennessee

34 Detroit Lions Daymeion Hughes CB California

35 Cleveland Browns Leon Hall CB Michigan

36 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Michigan Brandon Meriweather FS Miami

37 New York Jets Michael Bush RB Louisville

38 Arizona Cardinals Joe Staley T Central Michigan

39 Houston Ryan Kalil C USC

40 Miami Dolphins Ben Grubbs G Auburn

41 Minnesota Vikings Anthony Gonzalez WR Ohio State

42 San Francisco 49ers Brandon Siler MLB Florida

43 Buffalo Bills Marcus McCauley CB Fresno State

44 Atlanta Falcons Josh Beekman G Boston College

45 Carolina Panthers Zach Miller TE Arizona State

46 Pittsburgh Steelers Johnnie Lee Higgins WR UTEP

47 Green Bay Packers Greg Olsen TE Miami

48 Jacksonville Jaguars Jon Beason OLB Miami

49 Cincinnati Bengals Stewart Bradley OLB Nebraska

50 Tennessee Titans Charles Johnson DE Georgia

51 New York Giants Kenny Irons RB Auburn

52 St. Louis Rams Lamarr Woodley DE Michigan

53 Dallas Cowboys Manuel Ramirez G Texas Tech

54 Kansas City Chiefs Brandon Mebane DT California

55 Seattle Seahawks Scott Chandler TE Iowa

56 Denver Broncos John Wendling SS Wyoming

57 Philadelphia Eagles Josh Gattis SS Wake Forest

58 New Orleans Saints Eric Wright CB UNLV

59 New York Jets Quinn Pitcock DT Ohio State

60 New England Patriots Aaron Rouse SS Virginia Tech

61 Baltimore Ravens Brian Leonard FB Rutgers

62 San Diego Chargers Marshal Yanda G Iowa

63 Chicago Bears Michael Johnson S Arizona

64 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Anthony Spencer DE Purdue

Round 3

65 Oakland Raiders Tony Hunt RB Penn State

66 Detroit Lions David Harris LB Michigan

67 Cleveland Browns Tony Ugoh OT Arkansas

68 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Doug Datish C Ohio St.

69 Arizona Cardinals Justin Durant OLB Hampton

70 Denver Broncos Steve Smith WR USC

71 Minnesota Vikings Dallas Sartz OLB USC

72 Houston Texans Drew Stanton QB Michigan State

73 Miami Dolphins Justin Harrell DT Tennessee

74 Atlanta Falcons Dwayne Wright RB Fresno State

75 San Francisco 49ers JD Nelson SS Oregon

76 Buffalo Bills Joe Newton TE Oregon St.

77 St. Louis Rams Jason Hill WR Washington St.

78 Carolina Panthers Tim Crowder DE Texas

79 Pittsburgh Steelers Mike Jones G Iowa

80 Green Bay Packers Fred Bennett CB South Carolina

81 Jacksonville Jaguars Chris Houston CB Arkansas

82 Cincinnati Bengals N/A

83 Tennessee Titans Josh Wilson CB Maryland

84 New York Giants Doug Free OT Northern Illinois

85 Denver Broncos Sabby Piscitelli SS Oregon State

86 Dallas Cowboys James Marten OT Boston College

87 Kansas City Chiefs Travarous Bain CB Hampton

88 Seattle Seahawks Tim Duckworth OG Auburn

89 New York Jets Aundrae Allison WR East Carolina

90 Philadelphia Eagles Paul Williams WR Fresno State

91 New Orleans Saints Matt Spaeth TE Minnesota

92 New England Patriots Calvin Bannister CB Hampton

93 Baltimore Ravens Troy Smith QB Ohio State

94 San Diego Chargers Buster Davis ILB Florida St.

95 Chicago Bears Ryan Harris OT Notre Dame

96 Indianapolis Colts Juwan Simpson OLB Alabama
Old 02-17-2007, 10:29 AM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Zero need for a QB. None.

Calvin and Brandon are good though.

bonekrusher on the sig magic
Quote:
<beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
<JBond> laughing so hard I am crying
Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 10:30 AM    (permalink
Dave
Pro Bowler

Dave hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5416
44 Atlanta Falcons Brian Leonard FB Rutgers
Wth.. I understand Griffith will be a FA but I bet they would resign him before they let him go. If you honestly think Petrino would draft him to give him a chance at RB while the Falcons still have two great RB's, then I just wanna hear your reasoning. They have more pressing needs than a RB to pick up Leonard in round 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post
Brady is 'just' the Queen on Belichick's chess board.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 10:31 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Noo. You had me off my seat with CJ and Meriweather, my two favourite players, and then you give us a QB, Stanton.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

F

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 10:34 AM    (permalink

lol i knew you buc fans would get mad. Ill change it. As for the falcons my reasoning is this. Bobby wants more of a power running game and you really cant get a better power runner with Leonard. It's true that you have some good backs now, but I think they really need a pounder.
Old 02-17-2007, 10:35 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Packers would take Greg Olsen before Fred Bennett

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 10:37 AM    (permalink
Dave
Pro Bowler

Dave hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5416
lol i knew you buc fans would get mad. Ill change it. As for the falcons my reasoning is this. Bobby wants more of a power running game and you really cant get a better power runner with Leonard. It's true that you have some good backs now, but I think they really need a pounder.
I know that the Falcons need a true pounder in the running game instead of someone who's pure speed like they currently have, but they wouldn't waste a second rounder on it. They have the pressing need of remodeling their entire offensive line, that diserves the second round pick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post
Brady is 'just' the Queen on Belichick's chess board.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 10:40 AM    (permalink

Quote:
They have the pressing need of remodeling their entire offensive line, that diserves the second round pick.
Good point, ill take a look at it.
Old 02-17-2007, 10:40 AM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28
I think the Packers would take Greg Olsen before Fred Bennett
Easy fix.
Old 02-17-2007, 10:44 AM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Much better.

bonekrusher on the sig magic
Quote:
<beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
<JBond> laughing so hard I am crying
Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 10:46 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A++++++ :D

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 10:52 AM    (permalink
Tubby
Pro Bowler

Tubby is a cocksman.Tubby is a cocksman.Tubby is a cocksman.

Yes, there is a better hawks pick. We will take an OG and a TE day one. DB would be selected round four or five.

Sig by rainbeaukid2
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
Everyone pwns the Rams.
Tubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 11:00 AM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubby
Yes, there is a better hawks pick. We will take an OG and a TE day one. DB would be selected round four or five.
Ok no problem. I am going to go with Chandler now but isn't stevens a good TE receiver?
Old 02-17-2007, 11:04 AM    (permalink
Tubby
Pro Bowler

Tubby is a cocksman.Tubby is a cocksman.Tubby is a cocksman.

Jerramy Stevens is a terrible player. He constantly drops easy passes.

Sig by rainbeaukid2
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
Everyone pwns the Rams.
Tubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 11:43 AM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.

:| Mcauley isn't #1 in that spot w'ed trade down or settlr for tank or meriweather
Old 02-17-2007, 01:48 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brandon Mebane over Pitcock
Old 02-17-2007, 01:50 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

al davis also like freak athletes and CJ is one of the best freak athletes ever to come out of college. i like irons in the 3rd. meacham would be a nice 2nd if we dont go CJ in the first. rather have CJ or AD in the first since moss,porter and jordan look to be gone

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Maxpower57

good lions draft but as much a woodley fan as i am, no way he goes first rd
Old 02-17-2007, 02:29 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49
Brandon Mebane over Pitcock
gotcha
Old 02-17-2007, 03:04 PM    (permalink
BehrenMan007
Pro Bowler

BehrenMan007 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

iffy on quinn, like the grubbs pick

credit to cardsalltheway
BehrenMan007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 03:20 PM    (permalink
G-Men88
Rookie

G-Men88 could make a wolverine purr.G-Men88 could make a wolverine purr.G-Men88 could make a wolverine purr.G-Men88 could make a wolverine purr.G-Men88 could make a wolverine purr.G-Men88 could make a wolverine purr.

Terrible giants draft.

Give us Ross, Hall, Poz, hell even Ginn or Bowe over Griffin in that situation.

In the 2nd Blades is not the guy. Our need is at OLB. Give us Kenny Irons since Beason is gone
G-Men88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 03:25 PM    (permalink
asmitty45
Veteran

asmitty45 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Awesome Lions Draft

fenikz

"Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

35-21
asmitty45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 04:17 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great revised Buc draft

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 05:51 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

bad giants draft

1st round give us leon hall, poz or dwayne bowe

round 2 give us manny ramirez, or if we take bowe fred bennett or a best OLB lb available
we do not need mlb, pierce is a bro bowler and blades is just ok and wouldnt start

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 05:53 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good Saints draft.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote