Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 11-28-2007, 05:02 AM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I get mad at bigby for every time he plays poor coverage, but then i realize what an upgrade he has been since the days of mark roman and marquand manuel, atleast bigby hits hard and he doesnt miss tackles, i think another off season with the packers and he will be fine
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 04:00 PM    (permalink
mittelstaedt2007
Rookie

mittelstaedt2007 could make a wolverine purr.mittelstaedt2007 could make a wolverine purr.mittelstaedt2007 could make a wolverine purr.mittelstaedt2007 could make a wolverine purr.mittelstaedt2007 could make a wolverine purr.mittelstaedt2007 could make a wolverine purr.mittelstaedt2007 could make a wolverine purr.mittelstaedt2007 could make a wolverine purr.mittelstaedt2007 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler6 View Post
I loved the NFL Network when I was at home..but now that I'm in school at UW-Oshkosh over 3 hours away, we don't get it here so I will be running anywhere and everywhere to find a place to watch them game Thursday. I might go crazy if I have to listen to the entire game on the radio
If you live in Oshkosh, you will still get it. I used to live there, no in Madison. It should be on one of the local channels there.
mittelstaedt2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 05:05 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

any1 watch this yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7xtBDhuAN4

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 10:49 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah that is a great video..I think it should of included the game winning drive against San Diego and the game winning drive agains the Chiefs as well. What a season!
Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 11:48 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not gonna lie, getting really excited for this one!
Old 11-29-2007, 12:41 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiddler View Post
Not gonna lie, getting really excited for this one!
I started a countdown on my facebook for it..........I don't know the last time I was so pumped for a game; every week is great but this almost feels like playoff time has arrived and it's only Week 13

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 12:46 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good luck tomorrow guys...

Thursday Night Football! WOO!!!!!!!

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 09:39 AM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Football Fan smells like sex panther.

Todays prediction: Packers 34 Dallas 27.
Admittedly, im a little nervous. Despite the running game I think the packers are a little better team in some key areas and I think Favre, with his game experience and playing at what might be his highest level will be enough to win this game.
GO PACK. 11-1 BABY!

Last edited by Football Fan : 11-29-2007 at 10:14 AM.
Football Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 10:35 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

some random thoughts

-i'm very excited. i FINALLY got an HD box for the tv i've had for a year and a half. combo of me being too lazy to call and them being out of the equipment when i did call..but, it got hooked up yesterday, so my first home HD experience will be the game.

-i've really enjoyed all the hype for this game...it's just great to turn on sportscenter and know that half the program will be devoted to something i really care about.

-just a perfect mindset too. it's not a must win. the Packers are underdogs, so, expectations are low. just a highly hyped game where i can enjoy it and not stress too much about the outcome.

-regarding the implications...i've had some thoughts...i may get flamed for this...and i may deserve it....but a lot has been made about visiting teams being at a huge disadvantage coming to lambeau in january. But, for all Favre has done this year, i fear that in his old age, he may be more affected by a game in extreme conditions than the opposition. i know he's been Mr. Bad Weather for his whole career, but it's just something i've thought of. also, bad weather = relying on a ground game...and while the Packers have made strides in this department, i can't help think that any situation that would require a ground game would automatically favor the opposition. so, my point is; while home field advantage would obviously be great to have...not having it may not be the worst thing in the world.

-i think the player that could win or lose this game is Al Harris. by all accounts he'll be locked up with TO tonight. if he does the job, he will have done something that very few CBs have done this year, and the Cowboys entire offense will struggle. i would very much be willing to forgive a few illegal contact penalties in exchange for not getting burned deep. he should just play his ultra physical game and live with the consequences.

-as far as the offense, i would expect this game to NOT be one to worry about establishing a run game. spread 'em out, enjoy the fast field and work the 'Boys thin secondary early and often.

-my prediction: one way or another, this game won't be close. If the Packer's defense comes to play and gets pressure on Romo and makes plays when the opportunity is there, the Packers win. If Favre makes mistakes or the defense falls flat, the Cowboys win.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 11:19 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i really like msnbc's sports coverage.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22010877...pt_NFL_matchup
Old 11-29-2007, 11:22 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
-regarding the implications...i've had some thoughts...i may get flamed for this...and i may deserve it....but a lot has been made about visiting teams being at a huge disadvantage coming to lambeau in january. But, for all Favre has done this year, i fear that in his old age, he may be more affected by a game in extreme conditions than the opposition. i know he's been Mr. Bad Weather for his whole career, but it's just something i've thought of. also, bad weather = relying on a ground game...and while the Packers have made strides in this department, i can't help think that any situation that would require a ground game would automatically favor the opposition. so, my point is; while home field advantage would obviously be great to have...not having it may not be the worst thing in the world.
I've been thinking exactly the same for some time now. Grant needs to keep it up or this team won't be impressive in the playoffs.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 12:14 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

37-24 cowboys. Ink it.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 12:58 PM    (permalink
Favre4ever
Rookie

Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
I've been thinking exactly the same for some time now. Grant needs to keep it up or this team won't be impressive in the playoffs.
You are right. I like how people still not giving him props for what hes done so far. The guy gets better every game and we get to discover a new aspect of his game each time.
Favre4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 01:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Over under:

Ryan Grant 100 yards

Ryan Grant 1 TD
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 02:01 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Over under:

Ryan Grant 100 yards

Ryan Grant 1 TD
i'll take the under on both....i could see the packers running early, just enough to set up play action for the rest of the game...but, this isn't the game to pound the ball on the ground.
Old 11-29-2007, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Over under:

Ryan Grant 100 yards

Ryan Grant 1 TD
I'll also take under for both of these. I really think we'll be trying to develop the pass more and keep it spread out like we have been in the past few weeks with our 5 WR sets.
Old 11-29-2007, 02:53 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Grant will get over 100 yards when you consider the yards he'll get from passes. I also think the Packers will put up 4 TDs and at least 1 of those TDs will be from Grant.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Woodson, Tauscher, KGB can all play...we can and I think will win. Without them, the game might be a complete different story. On First Take today Skip Bayless was saying on an even playing field (fully healthy) he thinks the Packers are just above the Cowboys. But because of injuries...he thinks the Cowboys will squeak it out. I am a CRAZY Packer fan, but I don't disagree with his comments. Either way I can't wait. GO PACK!
Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 04:09 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Over under:

Ryan Grant 100 yards

Ryan Grant 1 TD
Under for yards, push on the 1 TD. I think he'll get relatively close to 100 but not break it.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:14 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

looks like, according to packernews.com, woodson, kgb and taucher will all play. good news, but i really hope we can stay healthy going into the 10 day break before the stretch run.
Old 11-29-2007, 05:05 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
looks like, according to packernews.com, woodson, kgb and taucher will all play. good news, but i really hope we can stay healthy going into the 10 day break before the stretch run.
That is HUGE!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't wait for this game! But I have to say, **** you NFL Network. God forbid I watch the biggest game of the year at my house...

Quote:
"We are not game-planning for Al Harris," Owens said in an interview on NFL Network. "He and their coaches are game-planning for me."
I'd imagine this would get Harris ready more than anything to shut TO down.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Last edited by Boston : 11-29-2007 at 05:31 PM.
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 05:49 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Quote:
I think Grant will get over 100 yards when you consider the yards he'll get from passes. I also think the Packers will put up 4 TDs and at least 1 of those TDs will be from Grant.
Oh yeah, I forgot to think about receiving yards. In that case yes I do think he'll get it.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:53 PM    (permalink
cordscords
Rookie

cordscords hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

NFLN Pregame- Woodson and KGB are out :(
cordscords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 06:55 PM    (permalink
NickCollins36
Rookie

NickCollins36 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

oh gawd
does that mean jarret bush is starting?

sig by diehardvikingsfan

IN TED WE TRUST
NickCollins36 is offline   Reply With Quote