Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 11-29-2007, 06:08 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickCollins36 View Post
oh gawd
does that mean jarret bush is starting?
Yes it does. They did a fantastic job on Detroit last week so hopefully that continues.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:12 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How do i watch this other than sopcast, which doesn't work half the time
Old 11-29-2007, 06:14 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Yes it does. They did a fantastic job on Detroit last week so hopefully that continues.
For ***** sake. Every single one of our questionable players is out?
Old 11-29-2007, 06:18 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
For ***** sake. Every single one of our questionable players is out?
Woodson, KGB, and Rouse, yeah. Collins and Blackmon will be active though.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:21 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want Blackmon starting, over Bush.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:23 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
I want Blackmon starting, over Bush.
Well I'm glad it's not your decission to make then.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:57 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickCollins36 View Post
oh gawd
does that mean jarret bush is starting?
Yes and he is killing us on defense

Favre injured now too(kinda weird saying that)

Rodgers comes in and throws 1st career TD pass to Jennings!!! WOOT

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 09:05 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

I take back all the times that I've defended Bush.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:02 PM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That "pass interference" was ludacris.

Here dallas...here's 7 points for you.
king2am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 10:43 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** those refs. **** Atari Bigby. If he starts next week, I'll probably kill somebody. And what the **** was up with Favre? How many ******* times did he try and throw the ball fifty+ yards? What the **** was up with that. I'm confident we'll be able to beat the Cowboys in the playoffs with Favre, Jolly, KGB, Rouse, and Woodson.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 10:49 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
**** those refs. **** Atari Bigby. If he starts next week, I'll probably kill somebody. And what the **** was up with Favre? How many ******* times did he try and throw the ball fifty+ yards? What the **** was up with that. I'm confident we'll be able to beat the Cowboys in the playoffs with Favre, Jolly, KGB, Rouse, and Woodson.
I don't think I'm confident that we'll be technically "able" but I would put it more as it would be a much more even game with less of us playing from behind. And I agree with your asssessment of our offense with Favre in it during the game. It was rediculous how many times we threw it 50 yards downfield when the player was being double or triple covered. Sure, its a good option every now and then but there needs to be other offense in order to set that up. And I'm not even going to talk about Bigby...
Old 11-29-2007, 10:50 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rodgers looked good.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 11:26 PM    (permalink
Jim Jim
Veteran

Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.

Lack of secondary depth killed us.
Jim Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 11:30 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
I agreen with everything you said. It was not pass interference. Farve did go deep WAYtoo much.

But of course I dont agree with the confidence of yall beating us in the playoffs:)

That was a fun game to watch. I am glad KGB and Woodson werent there. That would have been trouble. That game could have gone either way real easy...

Also, Rogers shocked me in a good way. I felt sorry for him since he fell in the draft. He looked really good. And he is 10X quicker than I thought he was. Also made good reads.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 11:30 PM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it really scares me that Favre once again tries to make too much happen in a big game and it ends up hurting us. Everyone says we'll get the rematch in the NFC championship, but the way Favre has just gone for everything during big games just scares me and I cant guarantee we can win a playoff game with him starting. Even more scary is that Rodgers stepped in and played like Favre should have been and outperformed him by a mile...
Old 11-29-2007, 11:32 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

By the way, see yall in the NFC championship. Yall are playing really well.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 11:37 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

things need to be done.

1. Cut Bigby, this guy is dumb as a horse's a**.
2. Put Collins at SS and start Rouse at FS.
3. Start Bishop instead of Poppinga.

whats the news on Favre?
Old 11-29-2007, 11:58 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
things need to be done.

1. Cut Bigby, this guy is dumb as a horse's a**.
2. Put Collins at SS and start Rouse at FS.
3. Start Bishop instead of Poppinga.

whats the news on Favre?
Wow, just wow.

1. Bigby makes dumb mistakes but is still better than what we've had the past 2 years. I would like Rouse to take his spot, but cutting him would be stupid.
2. Collins is a FS, Rouse is a SS. Why would you switch them? The only reason Rouse played FS earlier is because he was filling in for Collins.
3. Dumbest of the 3. Poppinga is miles ahead of Bishop when it comes to defense. Bishop is on the team for his special teams. Bishop is a middle linebacker, he can't play outside.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:28 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
I agreen with everything you said. It was not pass interference. Farve did go deep WAYtoo much.
I can't really argue with the PI call. According to the rules it was PI. However, there was little enough contact that either way could have been the correct call. If he didn't grab his arm before they tripped, it would have been ok. But that grab gave the ref ample reason to flag him. What I am made about is that Al Harris play on the first cowboy drive. HE STRIPPED TO!!!! MAKE STOPPED OF FORWARD PROGRESS A REVIEWABLE CALL!!!!

By the way, I called that onside attempt. I said now is the perfect time for an onside kick, they would never expect it.
Old 11-30-2007, 05:31 AM    (permalink
damasta13

Hey yall check out my thread post on the NFL board, it rants about why we are better than those 'boys! :P
Its an enjoyable read i think!
Old 11-30-2007, 05:38 AM    (permalink
Favre4ever
Rookie

Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.

Dallas front is really good and our O-line is just couldnt handle them.

-Bigby should never start a game for us ever again. Same for Bush who went from third to last in the depth chart in one game.

-The way Brett played was mind boggling, that was the brett of the last 2 years we saw. Trying to do too much. Keep it simple and give the ball to your playmakers.

-Rodgers made Alex Smith look like a mistake

-I cant believe with the way we played we still had a chance to win the game.

-WE started blitzing a bit too late

-MM decision's to not go for it on 4th down was very bad.

- With Rouse, Woodson, KGB and Jolly the defense would be much different.
Favre4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 07:25 AM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very disappointing game.

I didn't like the way we kept going deep as opposed to the short passing game which has worked for us all year.

Woodson's injury was a major factor in the game. With him out we seemed to be doing a lot more zone coverages, which didn't work well for us.

Those refs were terrible, way too many blown calls.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 07:25 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

more random thought fun...

-so, i guess the Packers hate me. i say "eh, not much at stake, they lose, they lose...no big deal" to which the Packers reply, "oh yeah, drowe, we can lose AND injure Favre. what do ya think of that?"

-more than anything last night showed how valuable charles woodson really is. the secondary looked lost without him.

-Tony Romo was very impressive.

-i would never say the refs lost a game for us. but, in recent memory, i cannot remember a game that so many bad calls hurt us.

- i would let Greg Jennings take a dump on my chest.

-the late field goal pissed me off severely. c'mon MM, if you can't gain 3 inches with the game on the line, you don't deserve to win. gotta pick your chances and that was a terrible call.

-no comment on Mr. Rodgers performace.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 07:52 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

also, Favre didn't have it last night. he didn't see blitzes coming and the deep ball just wasn't working for him. if he didn't have to leave the game, i coulda easily seen one of the 4+ INT performances he's been known to have.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 10:09 AM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
also, Favre didn't have it last night. he didn't see blitzes coming and the deep ball just wasn't working for him. if he didn't have to leave the game, i coulda easily seen one of the 4+ INT performances he's been known to have.
I know what you mean. He was just a little off it seemed on everything. I'm going to try and forget it though and just look forward to the next game because we all knew he was bound to have a bad game sooner or later with the way he was playing. All QB's have them.

And on what you said about the decision to go for the field goal at the end I agree. It was terrible. Granted he made it and that is awesome but still how are we comfortable enough with our defense that we think we can hold their offense (which has been running all over us for all of the first half and part of the second) to no points on a drive? I just think he was showing a little too much confidence in a rookie kicker when he sent him out there to make a do or die 52 yard field goal in the biggest game of his current life. Oh well.