Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-27-2007, 06:52 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGibril28 View Post
I hear that. That's probably what everyone fears about death.

On the subject, how would you rather die?

Unexpectedly or knowingly (disease, more specifically)
Definitely unexpectedly, I saw my grandmother suffer through cancer, I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:54 PM    (permalink
NYGibril28
Pro Bowler

NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd say unexpectedly, but i wouldn't want my family, loved ones to be in that situation. I still hate the fact that I never was able to say goodbye(not literally) to my grandfather. I think i'd rather know it was coming, for the sake of my family.

Paul

New York Giants
New York Yankees
New York Knicks (unfortunately)
UConn Basketball
Virginia Tech Football
UConn Football
NYGibril28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGibril28 View Post
I'd say unexpectedly, but i wouldn't want my family, loved ones to be in that situation. I still hate the fact that I never was able to say goodbye(not literally) to my grandfather. I think i'd rather know it was coming, for the sake of my family.
Give me like an hour of knowing and I'd be set.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:58 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate thinking about it, since I am 18 years old and hopefully I have 60 years at the very least. I hate thinking about it too when it comes to my parents, my brothers (I have no sisters), and close friends. I hate thinking about it, but at night when I can't get to bed I think about this for whatever reason. I agree with everything and I am in the same boat as WMD.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:01 PM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When your dead, there is just nothingness so im really not afraid..
steelersfan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 07:03 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
I hate thinking about it, since I am 18 years old and hopefully I have 60 years at the very least. I hate thinking about it too when it comes to my parents, my brothers (I have no sisters), and close friends. I hate thinking about it, but at night when I can't get to bed I think about this for whatever reason. I agree with everything and I am in the same boat as WMD.
I hate thinking about my family and friends dying. However, for some reason I love thinking about it in regards to me. Don't get me wrong, I don't think about wanting to die or anything like that. I just find it fun to wonder and discuss.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
I hate thinking about my family and friends dying. However, for some reason I love thinking about it in regards to me. Don't get me wrong, I don't think about wanting to die or anything like that. I just find it fun to wonder and discuss.
I understand. I hate the idea of it and don't want anything to do with it for a long long time but I do think it is a fascinating subject and one that is good to discuss in the open.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:21 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would kinda like to know how much time i do have, but at times, I'm perfectly fine with being ignorant.

it really is too weird to think about, and honestly my head hurts when i think about death and what happens if there is an afterlife.

If there is none, than what happens to me? not my body, but my mind and soul? is it just over? will my mind not think?

and if there is one, how long is eternity? what happens? will the world last forever?

this isnt diving into whether afterlife exists or not, it's just saying we really have no clue and are at the hands of fate, not knowing, when or how we will die
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 07:22 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
Agreed.. Sometimes that makes it very hard for me to sleep at night... thinking that after you die, nothing happens.. Just like it was before you were born. That actually seems the most realistic, to me.. If I could just see a ghost or something.. I'd be able to sleep a lot easier knowing that something happens.
That's what I want. When I'm dead I want to be done.

As for the thread title, I don't fear it one bit and it doesn't affect my life at all. If I knew I was never going to die I wouldn't change what I do. What ERU was saying doesn't make any sense to me. Just because you don't die doesn't mean there aren't consequences. If you had everlasting life and jumped off a 300 foot tall building you'd still **** up your body. Speaking of everlasting life, that would suck so much.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:23 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I work in a funeral home. I see death everyday and make it nice for the survivors. So if there is no death, I'm ****** three ways to Sunday.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 07:27 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not afreaid of death. I'm afraid of growing old and people around me dying. I can't imagine the day when my parents etc. die.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 07:27 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fear is a natural instinct that we all possess as a survival mechanism. We naturally come up with all sorts of ways to cope with the fear of our inevitable deaths. One of which is convincing ourselves that this fear does not exist. To be unafraid of death is to place no value on life, and/or to be certain of the unknown. I believe people can convince themselves that they do not fear death, but I think this inherent fear still exists within them. Just my opinion though.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:32 PM    (permalink
CalBears99
Pro Bowler

CalBears99 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm just worried about whether there is a God and Heaven or not. Because I don't know if I should live like a good Christian and not commit suicide or any other sins like that and get into heaven. Because, what if there is no heaven and I refused to allow myself to do any crazy things for no reason? And what if I do do some wild, fun things or kill myself or do any other sins and then find out when I die that there is a God and that he'll block me out of heaven for not believing in him and doing his will. That kind of stuff.
Whatever, probably none of you guys will read this post anyways...

sig by Nyi28nhl from Islander Mania
CalBears99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 07:38 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post
Fear is a natural instinct that we all possess as a survival mechanism. We naturally come up with all sorts of ways to cope with the fear of our inevitable deaths. One of which is convincing ourselves that this fear does not exist. To be unafraid of death is to place no value on life, and/or to be certain of the unknown. I believe people can convince themselves that they do not fear death, but I think this inherent fear still exists within them. Just my opinion though.
Definitely have to disagree with that. I value my life and don't want to die, but at the same time it's not something I'm afraid of. Not trying to make this religious, but I think it really comes down to what your personal belief of what happens to you when you're dead is.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:38 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalBears99 View Post
I'm just worried about whether there is a God and Heaven or not. Because I don't know if I should live like a good Christian and not commit suicide or any other sins like that and get into heaven. Because, what if there is no heaven and I refused to allow myself to do any crazy things for no reason? And what if I do do some wild, fun things or kill myself or do any other sins and then find out when I die that there is a God and that he'll block me out of heaven for not believing in him and doing his will. That kind of stuff.
Well, this may get me in trouble, but here it goes anyway.

What you are describing is Pascals Wager. Look at it this way, what if you live your life like a good Christian, believe in God, follow all the rules, etc. Now, when you die, you come to find out that the Christian God was not the correct god? That the real god was God X. Now God X is a very jealous deity. He will sentence you to an eternity of suffering if you believed in the incorrect god. But he was also a god that favored intellectualism and the pursuit of truth. Now, those atheists and agnostics will get to go to heaven, while the christians who blindly followed will not get to go. No matter what you believe, there is a chance you are wrong.

The way I see it, I have never seen evidence of a deity or an afterlife, so I take this life as my only shot. I still live a good life, I try not to hurt other people, and I try to help others when the situation arises. If I am wrong and there is a god, I would rather not spend time with one who will punish me eternally for not believing, regardless of how I acted while on earth.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:39 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I fear the process of dying, but I don't fear death itself. I fear dying slowly from a disease, I fear the anticipation of knowing I will die an instant before I actually do. I just don't fear the actual death part. I figure, when I am dead it will be like it was before I was born. I wasn't suffering then, so why would I suffer after my life?
Old 11-27-2007, 07:41 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Quote:
I fear the process of dying, but I don't fear death itself. I fear dying slowly from a disease, I fear the anticipation of knowing I will die an instant before I actually do. I just don't fear the actual death part. I figure, when I am dead it will be like it was before I was born. I wasn't suffering then, so why would I suffer after my life?
Yeah...

Those two posts probably pushed this thread over the limit.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:44 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0825232/

The Bucket List anyone?

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 07:44 PM    (permalink
CalBears99
Pro Bowler

Sorry. I thought it was related to the topic.

Old 11-27-2007, 07:45 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Definitely have to disagree with that. I value my life and don't want to die, but at the same time it's not something I'm afraid of. Not trying to make this religious, but I think it really comes down to what your personal belief of what happens to you when you're dead is.
Yes, I believe that a person's personal beliefs are certainly capable of suppressing the inherent fear of death that we all possess.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:47 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Yeah...

Those two posts probably pushed this thread over the limit.
I think as long as we don't debate and argue what religion is right, we should be fine. I kept a thread about the positives of drug use up for two days without it getting banned. However, if one of those stupid internet arguments starts, it will be deleted in a heartbeat.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:47 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Sorry. I thought it was related to the topic.
It was related to the topic, this topic is borderline within the rules as it is.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:50 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

Quote:
You don't know what 'it' was like before you were born. All you know is your own consciousness.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:51 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
You don't know what 'it' was like before you were born. All you know is your own consciousness.
So I won't know what it was like after I am dead, that was exactly my point. If I don't know I couldn't have suffered.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:53 PM    (permalink
CalBears99
Pro Bowler

I guess the process of dying a painful death is something I fear; not death itself.